Author Topic: Fornits AA/NA Chapter  (Read 7640 times)

Offline Fnord

• View Profile
Re: Fornits AA/NA Chapter
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 03:37:42 PM »
Wrongo Danno. what I've got made suck it think up his name.
How do I score a skanky sponcer? I want a sexoholick sponcer. Danno, I'm not a rentboy, so don't even offer.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 03:39:17 PM by Fnord »

Offline Pile of shit

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 03:38:45 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Quote from: "none-ya"
The problem with having a meeting on line is that you can't go trolling for the skanky sober women.
But while I'm here , could I get some coffee? Maybe bum  smoke?

You and Anne could resemble that remark, just say'in.  :ftard:

WOW!!!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 04:03:55 PM by Pile of shit »
WOW!!!

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 03:42:21 PM »
Danny B wrote
"You and Anne could resemble that remark, just say'in."

Miss Anne, I think he just called you sober.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 05:28:21 PM »
Oh well.
So much for your first meeting.
Kind of a dud huh?
Mayby  next time, maybe not.
C-ya
?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 05:33:05 PM »
Oh yea. Ain't I supposed to get a white chip, just for being here?
?©?€~¥@

Offline T-Rex

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 05:55:08 PM »
What is a white chip????

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 05:57:35 PM »
?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 06:00:10 PM »
?©?€~¥@

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010, 06:03:10 PM »
I've done it. Me, personally, not a friend. In a bar called The Point in Atlanta in Little Five Points in the late 90s. I happened to have a white chip a friend had given me that I was carrying as sort of a lucky charm. I was about out of money, but had been tipping well and the bartender was friendly. So I pulled out the chip and asked what I could get for it. He laughed and gave me a pabst tall boy

There is actually a bar in Denver called Killian's. Its off 15th & Glenarm. They actually have a wall behind the bar with years of chips hammered to the wall. Im not sure what you get for how much time, but when you bring them in the give you a round, clap and hammer the thing to the wall. Pretty funny actually.

That... is beautiful. :twofinger:
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline T-Rex

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010, 06:04:48 PM »
Have you two been in AA, before. You sound like you have.

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2010, 06:08:11 PM »
It's all fun and games until you are the one hitting rock bottom unable to stop drinking or using with your life falling apart all around you. Many people think they are too smart or too clever to become addicted to alcohol or drugs, hitting rock bottom can be a humbling experience.
one day at a time

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2010, 06:17:41 PM »
Sometimes I have dreams, that seem very real. In these dreams I end up using again, drugs that I have had difficulties with. I had one last night smoking meth, I know in the dream I shouldn't be doing it, but I do it anyways. Then I get high, and I feel high in the dream and all the feelings associated with it, and all the worries that come along with it to.  I feel regret for having slipped up and then when I wake up it's like I just relived it all over again. You know how dreams can feel real, or at least the feelings that happened in them? I have these dreams every once in a while, which are both a blessing and a curse. It's a good reminder why I don't want to use again, but I feel like since my brain knows what it feels like to get high these dreams sort of tease me and say look what you're missing. Overall it brings up a lot of stress in my life to have these dreams, this is one reason I posted this thread.

I don't have a lot of money, I dont' see therapists or anything like that. I don't have health insurance so I can't go to rehab if I needed to. So to me right now the number one goal is prevention, preventing myself from falling down the same path I have taken before. AA/NA is an organization that I think helps to accomplish this task. It's all about prevention. If you can keep from picking up the pipe, or a drink then you have won the most important part of the battle. Once that happens then, at least for me, it's too late. So I choose to focus on trying to find ways to keep myself from doing these things I used to do. It's a constant battle and one that is never going to be won, but I have to keep on fighting. I know some people here hate AA for whatever reason. But I would hope that they can also respect that it does help some people. If you don't want to share, that's fine. I will share and people can read it, and post pictures of poop in response if they want. But it helps me to talk about it, and so I do it. i like this forum and so I thought we could help each other out in being sober, at least sober from the things we cannot control. Smoke pot or drink, or whatever. If you can control it I could care less, really. But when people have difficulty controlling taking substances that cause serious life problems, I don't think it's that weird to hold a hand out and say, at the very least, we are hear to listen. I am going to be respectful and can only hope people will return the favor, thanks.
one day at a time

Offline T-Rex

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2010, 06:21:46 PM »
These two posters do seem to take alcohol and drugs very lightly. It is not funny.
I don't have vast experience with AA/NA but a limited exposure. In my brief time
with AA, I learned that it does help the alcoholic and his family recover from a seemingly
hopeless state of affairs.
You can just see the evidence in there faces.

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2010, 07:35:57 PM »
I know exactly what you are talking about. Thank you so much for your input T Rex.

I have been thinking a lot in relations to spirituality and sobriety lately. I wonder at times, does God want me to be sober? Then I question if God really wanted me to be sober, why are there addictive drugs in the first place? Am I being tested? I know that I want to experience life as clearly as I can, and not be under the influence all the time. I don't want to avoid the entire world, but at the same time I have difficulty remaining sober for some reason. I have been through every kind of therapy and rehab there is when younger, and I still have very strong urges despite knowing the consequences. I know I'm not chemically addicted anymore because it's been a while since I've used, but the urges remain and it remains a difficult struggle.

I put my favorite slogan of AA in my signature because it means a lot to me. I can't look into my future and say I will never use again, honestly, because I don't know if that's true. I will try my best though, and if or when I fall off the horse I will get right back on and try again. Sometimes when it becomes difficult I pray that I can control myself, because the ability to do so feels like it is outside of me sometimes. I want to believe that God wants me to remain sober, because this gives me information. I believe God would want me to experience and see his creation through the clearest eyes possible, and appreciate all the universe in it's magnificent glory. I have been humbled by my own inability to do things others find so easy like control my usage of drugs and alcohol, and illogical as it is the solution escapes me even now. I have structured my life in a way that I am not a part of any party scene, and I don't have friends that use anymore. When it comes to sobriety sometimes my best friend is God because he is always there to listen, and I know and feel deep down that even as minuscule and unimportant I am in the scheme of the universe, God still cares.

I put up this thread in hopes people would find it and maybe realize that there are people who also struggle and are willing to help, but more important they are willing to listen. If anybody wants to post in this thread about their struggles with addiction and substance abuse, I am here to listen. If God exists, and I honestly believe God does exist without doubt, then I have to believe that although sometimes it feels like nobody is paying attention or cares, that somewhere on some level there is a part of us all that knows we are all cared about in the end. I am trying hard to become the person I know I can be, and this is one of my hardest struggles and has been my entire life. Please feel free to share about your own experiences, whoever is reading this, and remember you are not alone.
one day at a time

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2010, 07:37:44 PM »
If God wanted you to remain sober, grape juice wouldn't ferment and alcohol would be hard to distill.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...