Author Topic: AA Meetings Voluntary ???  (Read 1882 times)

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
AA Meetings Voluntary ???
« on: September 01, 2010, 10:33:19 AM »
To start out I do know some people arrive at the doors of AA meetings possibly looking for help, but you do not arive at the door brimming with love as the world is wonderful. Most of the time people are being forced to go by their wives, husbands, families, and the one that gets me is the courts.. I do not see how the courts can order a person to go as it seems in violation of the seperation of church and state...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
Re: AA Meetings Voluntary ???
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 02:01:19 PM »
Quote from: "Botched Programming"
To start out I do know some people arrive at the doors of AA meetings possibly looking for help, but you do not arive at the door brimming with love as the world is wonderful. Most of the time people are being forced to go by their wives, husbands, families, and the one that gets me is the courts.. I do not see how the courts can order a person to go as it seems in violation of the seperation of church and state...

BP, bone up on your information concerning courts, PO's, ect......, they can not force you to go anymore. It is and always was unconstitutional in my opinion.
As far as husbands, wifes, girlfriends, ect... making someone go, ya riiiiiiigghhhhttttt, see how long that lasts.
Where in the heck did you go to AA, Florida's meeting of AA's perpetual confusion.
Florida must be the only state where AA was negative and confusing (which is not true because I have been to meetings there) in the areas where Anne and yourself live. I am very happy I was introduced to AA in Connecticut. I was not belittled, controlled, shamed, coerced, or anything negative.
What I was told was if you want what I have, here it is. More or less take it or leave it. What Harry Moleski was referring to was sobriety, one day at a time. That is it.
SUGGESTIONS!!!!!!!!
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 02:28:08 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"

BP, bone up on your information concerning courts, PO's, ect......, they can not force you to go anymore. It is and always was unconstitutional in my opinion.
!!!!!!!!

Wrongo Danny-boy... Don't know what planet you have been living on, but yes you can still be court ordered to attend AA Meetings. But you are wright about it being unconstitutional.

Here is you a link so you can see for yourself... Debating is not in your field of expertise... I would leave it to Who and Max if I were you.

http://www.pocketfives.com/f13/court-or ... te-596880/

Peace and much healing
 :peace:

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 02:55:45 PM »

!!!!!!!!

Wrongo Danny-boy... Don't know what planet you have been living on, but yes you can still be court ordered to attend AA Meetings. But you are wright about it being unconstitutional.

Here is you a link so you can see for yourself... Debating is not in your field of expertise... I would leave it to Who and Max if I were you.

Peace and much healing

I do not need a link. I go to meeting from time to time and 80% of my friends are from AA. We have already had this conversation at least 50 times, sorry you weren't there. Oh, that's right your like Anne, ignorant to what is really happening in AA.

BP, I am pretty much done with you on the AA thingy. This conversation is useless.

If there are members in your home group that are being forced to sign paperwork issued by a PO, then report the officer to the nearest court house. Because he can not do this without a court order, which I am sure he did not get. Problem, most folks will not buck there PO because of the consequences, so they get away with this crap.
We have already reported on (3) PO's in Georgia for doing this and it stopped. I better just never get into any trouble. :)

Oh, don't bet on Whooter or Max engaging in conversation with you either. Why???? Your a one way street. There really is not any debate, you don't listen, BP.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 03:06:57 PM by DannyB II »

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 03:03:40 PM »

I do not need link to read anything. I go to meeting from time to time and 80% of my friends are from AA. We have already had this conversation at least 50 times, sorry you weren't there. Oh, that's right your like Anne, ignorant to what is really happening in AA.
BP, I am pretty much done with you on the AA thingy. This conversation is useless.

Yeah you don't need the link as you are safe and happy being in denial... Typical newcomer mentality.. what if, if only and just one more time... You are so stuck in being closed minded that you would not see the truth if it walked up to you and bit you.

CALL YOUR SPONSOR!!!!

Peace and much healing

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 03:06:13 PM »

!!!!!!!!

Peace and much healing

I do not need link to read anything.

Of course not!!  It might actually contradict your fantasy about AA.

You keep saying that but, here you are again.  

Face it DannyBoi....we have differing opinions about AA.  That's really it.  You just seem 'hell bent' on trying to prove us wrong.....about our own opinions.

If you're done, fine - then be done and quit.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 03:08:54 PM »
rebuttal re-posted with additional comments.

I do not need a link. I go to meeting from time to time and 80% of my friends are from AA. We have already had this conversation at least 50 times, sorry you weren't there. Oh, that's right your like Anne, ignorant to what is really happening in AA.

If there are members in your home group that are being forced to sign paperwork issued by a PO, then report the officer to the nearest court house. Because he can not do this without a court order, which I am sure he did not get. Problem, most folks will not buck there PO because of the consequences, so they get away with this crap.
We have already reported on (3) PO's in Georgia for doing this and it stopped. I better just never get into any trouble. :)

Oh, don't bet on Whooter or Max engaging in conversation with you either. Why???? Your a one way street. There really is not any debate, you don't listen, BP.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 03:11:41 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

!!!!!!!!

Peace and much healing

I do not need link to read anything.

Of course not!!  It might actually contradict your fantasy about AA.

You keep saying that but, here you are again.  

Face it DannyBoi....we have differing opinions about AA.  That's really it.  You just seem 'hell bent' on trying to prove us wrong.....about our own opinions.

If you're done, fine - then be done and quit.

Not fair, Anne. You have not done your homework yet. I said I was done with BP, I am never done with you. Always have time to share with you, Anne.  :)

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 03:13:47 PM »

Again I emplore you to get off of the computer thingy and call your sponsor to see if he feel like this forum enhances your recovery...

And as far as Who goes ... well he is a lost cause, but however at least Max has some civility about him.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 03:21:00 PM »

Again I emplore you to get off of the computer thingy and call your sponsor to see if he feel like this forum enhances your recovery...

And as far as Who goes ... well he is a lost cause, but however at least Max has some civility about him.

BP, you are civil..... :roflmao:  :roflmao: My God son, wake up.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 05:03:32 PM »
I take it that your behavior you display here is the same one you carry to your cult meetings... Just glad I never saw you at one, would have had to get up and leave and never would have tried to give AA a chance.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 06:09:44 PM »
I take it that your behavior you display here is the same one you carry to your cult meetings... Just glad I never saw you at one, would have had to get up and leave and never would have tried to give AA a chance.

You really do not care if your in this hemisphere of consciousness or not, do you.
BP, you never went to meetings in earnest so what difference does it make.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 08:40:02 PM »

You really do not care if your in this hemisphere of consciousness or not, do you.
BP, you never went to meetings in earnest so what difference does it make.

As I said before... I probably have had more time in the fellowship than you could ever piece together in multiple attempts.... I did live by the step cult ways.. I lived, breathed and had given my life to the cult known as AA... Hell I had double digit years of sobriety... I got on line one day and was looking at Fornits and saw the Orange Papers... Thank God I read them.... I woke from the sleep I had been in over a decade and realized I wanted to be able to have independent thought and a guilt free beer....  :cheers:  :seg:

Today Danny-Boi... I have both.... I feel sorry for you as you don't know which way to be... Hope you sort through the confusion...

Offline reformed12stepper

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 08:51:15 PM »

I think it is a fine line. I guess you could say i was kind of coerced into getting help in that a relative said that she didnt want me around her kids if I had been taking drugs within a 24 hour period of seeing them. I then realized that this was pretty much always and that i needed some kind of help in kicking a pretty bad habit. I also think that if somebody is committing drug related crime then rehab is a far more humane option for sentencing. It does not necessarily need to be AA based. Where I think the AA thing is a bit of a problem is that well meaning loved ones often assume that this is the only option and so can think that if you don't work the 12 steps it is because you don't care about getting clean.
I ended up at a place that had 12 steps as one of many options. I didnt do this I just spent my days eating healthy, working out with a trainer and talking through things with a really great counsellor. In hindsight I possibly could have done it without going away to rehab although getting away from it all and going to a tranquil setting was a good way to regroup. The reason why i say this because rehab in this part of the world is absurdly expensive and a lot of people feel like there is not much help if they cant afford to live in. So I hope that this gives hope to those who cant afford this option.
I would recommend that anyone who is dealing with this or who has a loved one who is read Recovery Options. it is really good at looking at what is out there particularly if you live in north America. But also it points out that a person cant really embrace the idea of recovery if they are not ready or not willing.