Author Topic: Fornits AA/NA Chapter  (Read 7678 times)

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
Fornits AA/NA Chapter
« on: August 09, 2010, 02:02:02 PM »
Hi, my name is SUCK IT and I'm an addict and alcoholic.

I need to make a thread here that is a safe place with people with sobriety and addiction issues can come and have a serious conversation and not be ridiculed and shunned.

This thread is going to be an ongoing AA/NA "meeting", in an online form. If you want to introduce yourself you can, or you can remain silent and just read. Please post your experiences with drugs and alcohol if you wish, and why you have problems with substance use and why you sought out help.

I've always had problems with using alcohol or drugs. I've tried to do it as other "normal" people do, but it always gets out of control very quickly. I have had serious health problems as a result and have been hospitalized, these days I am trying my best to be sober. At the moment I am almost winning at this goal, but sometimes I slip up. But I don't give up, I keep trying. I know that being completely sober is the best thing for me, and I am striving towards this goal as best as I can.

Let's make this thread a positive example of what fornits can be. If you want to debate AA please do it in one of the many threads that exist discussing that topic. This isn't about debating AA in this thread. Think of this thread as an online AA meeting. Would you walk into an ongoing AA meeting and begin to debate them, or ridicule them for seeking help? Well if you wouldn't do it in real life, please refrain from doing so in this thread, it will be greatly appreciated.

We can even make online images of fornits chapter sobriety chips, for people who choose to receive them. I think this can be the start of a very positive thing here on fornits. Please, please, please, leave this thread for the people who choose to utilize it and keep the debates in the other threads. This thread is for people to post their personal stories, and experiences about their difficulties with addiction and substance abuse, and things like this. Thank you so much.

Ok, let's get this meeting started. Let's support each other in our shared goal of sobriety and it will be easier than facing this challenge on our own.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
one day at a time

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
Re: Fornits AA/NA Chapter
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 02:07:07 PM »
Damn, enough of you already!
?©?€~¥@

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 02:29:43 PM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
Damn, enough of you already!

None Ya, you were asked to relate to the topic. Now if you can't do this then I would suggest you refrain from any more posting on this thread. Is this simple enough to understand.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Fnord

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 02:31:11 PM »
Thanks for sharing Danno. Here is your chip

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 02:36:18 PM »
There are thousands of threads on fornits. I'm asking that people who can't be mature and respectful find one of those threads to post in. This is your chance to prove to the world that fornits posters are responsible and mature and can have an adult conversation. You are free to start your own "I hate SUCK IT" threads, but can you please keep this one open for people who want to have a serious conversation, thank you for your cooperation.
one day at a time

Offline Fnord

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 02:37:15 PM »
will you be my sponcer?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 02:50:54 PM »
Quote from: "SUCK IT"
Let's make this thread a positive example of what fornits can be.

It IS a positive example of what Fornits can be because nobody can tell us what we can or cannot say/write.

If you want to debate AA please do it in one of the many threads that exist discussing that topic. This isn't about debating AA in this thread. Think of this thread as an online AA meeting. Would you walk into an ongoing AA meeting and begin to debate them, or ridicule them for seeking help? Well if you wouldn't do it in real life, please refrain from doing so in this thread, it will be greatly appreciated.

See my above response.  If you want to start your own message board totally dedicated to the cult that is Stepcraft, fine, but there is no way in hell that you're gonna tell anyone here what we can do/say/write, especially regarding Stepcraft.

We can even make online images of fornits chapter sobriety chips, for people who choose to receive them. I think this can be the start of a very positive thing here on fornits. Please, please, please, leave this thread for the people who choose to utilize it and keep the debates in the other threads. This thread is for people to post their personal stories, and experiences about their difficulties with addiction and substance abuse, and things like this. Thank you so much.

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Jeebus Crist....there are tons of online Stepcraft meetings.  Why the need to fuck this forum up? (the only one that allows criticism of Stepcraft, which is what you're really trying to avoid)

Ok, let's get this meeting started. Let's support each other in our shared goal of sobriety and it will be easier than facing this challenge on our own.

Who's goal of sobriety?  Do you realize where you are?

There's only a couple of you Stepcrafters here anyway.  Go find one that one that won't allow critical thinking.  There's tons of them with regards to AA/NA/OA/GA/XA.  You can start a thread about AA/NA/OA/GA/XA here if you want, but don't think for a minute that you can control what people say here.

Here's your chip.....

traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 02:56:06 PM »
SUCK IT wrote;
" thank you for your cooperation."

Yea , we'll see how that works out (?)

And I just might take your advise and start that thread

Where to beguin? HHMMM...........
?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 03:09:29 PM »
Anne Bonney wrote
"Who's goal of sobriety? Do you realize where you are?"

Man why don"YOU go to a  meeting.
?©?€~¥@

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 03:12:05 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Quote from: "SUCK IT"
Let's make this thread a positive example of what fornits can be.

It IS a positive example of what Fornits can be because nobody can tell us what we can or cannot say/write.

If you want to debate AA please do it in one of the many threads that exist discussing that topic. This isn't about debating AA in this thread. Think of this thread as an online AA meeting. Would you walk into an ongoing AA meeting and begin to debate them, or ridicule them for seeking help? Well if you wouldn't do it in real life, please refrain from doing so in this thread, it will be greatly appreciated.

See my above response.  If you want to start your own message board totally dedicated to the cult that is Stepcraft, fine, but there is no way in hell that you're gonna tell anyone here what we can do/say/write, especially regarding Stepcraft.

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Jeebus Crist....there are tons of online Stepcraft meetings.  Why the need to fuck this forum up? (the only one that allows criticism of Stepcraft, which is what you're really trying to avoid)

Who's goal of sobriety?  Do you realize where you are?

There's only a couple of you Stepcrafters here anyway.  Go find one that one that won't allow critical thinking.  There's tons of them with regards to AA/NA/OA/GA/XA.  You can start a thread about AA/NA/OA/GA/XA here if you want, but don't think for a minute that you can control what people say here.

Here's your chip.....

I'm not telling anybody what to say, or what not to say. I did ask politely. This forum has thousands of threads and anybody can post a new one. I was just asking politely if people could keep the negativity in this thread to a minimum. I think if people want to help support each other in sobriety that's a good thing. If people who went through abusive programs have PTSD like you said, then they might also have issues with drug abuse/addiction. There are many threads dedicated to debating the usefulness of AA, this thread is not one of them.

This thread is an online version of an AA meeting where people can share their experiences and maybe even offer help and morale support to other people going through a similar problem of addiction and alcoholism. I never once hinted or claimed I am trying to control what people say on fornits. But if people have some respect they might consider the people who suffer with addiction might want to communicate minus the heated politics and just talk openly. This is an open free for all forum, I think one thread out of thousands and thousands discussing addiction will not harm the overall forum in any way. Chips are a tool to have a goal, and a sense of accomplishment. I will design some and post them eventually. Then people can choose to use their fornits chip as their avatar if they so choose.

Like I said, if this bothers some people, they are free to post about it. Yes, you can post here. Nobody can stop you. But think about it for a second. If you want to have a respectful conversation, then you must also respect other posters. I have been drawn into the negativity on fornits and regret it. I now choose to have respectful conversations, and I will simply ignore the childish postings and people who are unable or unwilling to speak like adults. Would anybody here burst into a real AA meeting and say the things that are posted here? I doubt it, so I am simply asking for the same respect you already give to AA in real life. Thanks again, anybody is free to participate. I don't hold grudges, and will respond to anybody who is respectful and mature.
one day at a time

Offline Fnord

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 03:14:36 PM »
Who will be my sponcer?

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 03:30:35 PM »
The problem with having a meeting on line is that you can't go trolling for the skanky sober women.
But while I'm here , could I get some coffee? Maybe bum  smoke?
?©?€~¥@

Offline Fnord

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 03:32:36 PM »
Can I get a skanky sober women to be my sponcer?

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 03:34:31 PM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
The problem with having a meeting on line is that you can't go trolling for the skanky sober women.
But while I'm here , could I get some coffee? Maybe bum  smoke?

You and Anne could resemble that remark, just say'in.  :ftard:

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 03:35:24 PM »
Quote from: "Fnord"
Can I get a skanky sober women to be my sponcer?

You already are one.