Author Topic: Fornits AA/NA Chapter  (Read 7675 times)

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
Re: Fornits AA/NA Chapter
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2010, 08:17:56 PM »
Quote from: "Pile of Dead Kids"
If God wanted you to remain sober, grape juice wouldn't ferment and alcohol would be hard to distill.

That's a good point, and I thought about that myself many times before. Thanks for your input in this thread, it is appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
one day at a time

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2010, 03:50:15 AM »
Pile of Dead Kids wrote:
If God wanted you to remain sober, grape juice wouldn't ferment and alcohol would be hard to distill.

If God wanted me to remain sober, I would simply remain sober. I am not after all, more powerful  than God.
?©?€~¥@

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2010, 10:52:36 AM »
Quote from: "SUCK IT"

I'm not telling anybody what to say, or what not to say. I did ask politely. This forum has thousands of threads and anybody can post a new one. I was just asking politely if people could keep the negativity in this thread to a minimum. I think if people want to help support each other in sobriety that's a good thing. If people who went through abusive programs have PTSD like you said, then they might also have issues with drug abuse/addiction. There are many threads dedicated to debating the usefulness of AA, this thread is not one of them.

Yes, it's a message board with thousands of threads, but it states very clearly that it is an OPEN forum.....meaning that anyone can say what they want.  That's kind of the purpose of a discussion.

This thread is an online version of an AA meeting where people can share their experiences and maybe even offer help and morale support to other people going through a similar problem of addiction and alcoholism.

There are tons of those in support of AA.....why not go there?

I never once hinted or claimed I am trying to control what people say on fornits.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

But if people have some respect they might consider the people who suffer with addiction might want to communicate minus the heated politics and just talk openly.

Again...there are plenty of positive only Stepcraft forums.  Go there if you only want to hear one side of the story.  Here you at least get both sides.

This is an open free for all forum, I think one thread out of thousands and thousands discussing addiction will not harm the overall forum in any way. Chips are a tool to have a goal, and a sense of accomplishment. I will design some and post them eventually. Then people can choose to use their fornits chip as their avatar if they so choose.

This is not a fucking Stepcraft meeting.

Like I said, if this bothers some people, they are free to post about it. Yes, you can post here. Nobody can stop you.

Gee.....thanks for your permission.  ::)

But think about it for a second. If you want to have a respectful conversation, then you must also respect other posters. I have been drawn into the negativity on fornits and regret it. I now choose to have respectful conversations, and I will simply ignore the childish postings and people who are unable or unwilling to speak like adults. Would anybody here burst into a real AA meeting and say the things that are posted here?

No, because we respect their decision to join a cult if they choose.  As you said...this is an OPEN forum....meaning that anyone can say anything they want.

I doubt it, so I am simply asking for the same respect you already give to AA in real life.

I respect AA by not going to the meetings.

I don't hold grudges, .

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2010, 12:22:20 PM »
If you respect AA meetings in real life by not going, why not do the same and not click on this thread? I'm not saying I don't enjoy your posts, but it makes me wonder why it is so offensive to put this post up among thousands of other threads. I post it here because other people might have substance abuse issues if they were sent to treatment as a teenager. I believe, as a group, that people who went to treatment so young probably have more issues than just the regular population. I needed to let people know that not everyone here is hostile to recovery, and there are people here willing to listen if they want to share.
one day at a time

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2010, 12:32:32 PM »
If you respect AA meetings in real life by not going, why not do the same and not click on this thread? I'm not saying I don't enjoy your posts, but it makes me wonder why it is so offensive to put this post up among thousands of other threads. I post it here because other people might have substance abuse issues if they were sent to treatment as a teenager. I believe, as a group, that people who went to treatment so young probably have more issues than just the regular population. I needed to let people know that not everyone here is hostile to recovery, and there are people here willing to listen if they want to share.

We don't like what you and Whooter say in the other threads, but we don't bar you from commenting on them because we're not afraid to hear the other side.

And I post in the Stepcraft threads because other people might have substance abuse issues and AA is, IMO, a sham and will do more harm (see Valliant's study) than good.

Besides....I thought Fornits was/is so insignificant that nobody pays any attention.  :eek:  :seg:

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2010, 12:41:40 PM »
I can't and never attempted "to bar" anyone from posting in this thread. I just asked politely if people could be respectful and that's it. I am trying to follow these same considerations myself from now on, no matter what thread I post in. I mostly post in threads I start now, anyways. People come into those threads and post disgusting pictures of poop and violence. Is this not an attempt to silence the conversation? I think the anti treatment people here are much less open to an honest conversation than me, or Whooter.

Like I said, you are of course free to post here, obviously. I don't have the power to stop anybody from posting here, that is just a fact and I can't change that. Even if I could I wouldn't. All I simply asked was if people wanted to debate AA, we could do it in one of the many threads that existed. I was attempting to create a positive environment here so that people could feel comfortable to share about their issues with sobriety, and what helped them deal with it. I think there is enough political fighting threads, I'm trying to create something different. Obviously this approach didn't work, I'll try something new the next time. Thanks for your post, as always, its much appreciated.
one day at a time

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2010, 12:48:42 PM »
MEETING ADJOURNED!!
?©?€~¥@

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2010, 12:48:59 PM »
SUCK IT has some sort of personality or mood disorder with wild swings from one extreme to the other.  He spent all day a couple of days ago creating threads about how "DJ is a child rapist" but now has swung the pendulum to the other extreme - oh so polite and accommodating.  Maybe this is the no meds/meds cycle.

At the least this cat is full of shit and a troll, but if he were to be believed at face value, he has a serious mental problem or problems.  

Either way, you decide.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2010, 12:50:23 PM »
 People come into those threads and post disgusting pictures of poop and violence.

For what it's worth, I hate those too.

Like I said, you are of course free to post here, obviously. I don't have the power to stop anybody from posting here, that is just a fact and I can't change that. Even if I could I wouldn't. All I simply asked was if people wanted to debate AA, we could do it in one of the many threads that existed. I was attempting to create a positive environment here so that people could feel comfortable to share about their issues with sobriety, and what helped them deal with it. I think there is enough political fighting threads, I'm trying to create something different. Obviously this approach didn't work, I'll try something new the next time. Thanks for your post, as always, its much appreciated.

Since Fornits is so "insignificant", why not start your own site where you could reach more marks..er...alkies.

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2010, 01:01:04 PM »
Because I want to hear opinions from all spectrum of this debate, I find it much more interesting. I also appreciate that this forum is open and not moderated and my posts are not edited or deleted. It's a place I can be completely honest without fear of censorship, and I enjoy this privilege very much.

All I was trying to create with this thread was a discussion, not about the merits of AA or debate it's effectiveness. More structured like an AA meeting, or if you dislike AA, just like a group of friends who have had issues with substance abuse and choose to discuss it on a serious level, what works for them, what doesn't. Why do they think they are addicts, alcoholics. Sometimes I get tired of discussing the politics of issues, and prefer to hear human stories and experiences. That was my only point in starting this thread. like I said, I think I failed. I'll try again in some other way, eventually. Thanks for posting.
one day at a time

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2010, 01:26:25 PM »
Because I want to hear opinions from all spectrum of this debate, I find it much more interesting. I also appreciate that this forum is open and not moderated and my posts are not edited or deleted. It's a place I can be completely honest without fear of censorship, and I enjoy this privilege very much.

Don't you see how that's contradictory to what you're trying to do?

All I was trying to create with this thread was a discussion, not about the merits of AA or debate it's effectiveness. More structured like an AA meeting, or if you dislike AA, just like a group of friends who have had issues with substance abuse and choose to discuss it on a serious level, what works for them, what doesn't. Why do they think they are addicts, alcoholics. Sometimes I get tired of discussing the politics of issues, and prefer to hear human stories and experiences. That was my only point in starting this thread. like I said, I think I failed. I'll try again in some other way, eventually. Thanks for posting.

I have no problem with people discussing trying to quit using and I've always said that AA as ONLY a support group (no big book, no 12&12, and NO sponsors), isn't necessarily a bad thing....but when you start throwing pseudo-cults in the mix, you're gonna get negative reactions.

And I must say, I'm somewhat confused......you've been quite the asshole yourself, but lately not so much.  It's appreciated.  At least by me.

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2010, 01:41:11 PM »
I do recognize the contradictions in my last post, saying that I enjoy the diversity of opinions but please don't post your AA opinions in this thread. All I was trying to do here was create a thread where people can talk about addiction issues in a non political kind of format. I think it came across wrong or something, I will try again in a new thread eventually. So everyone feel free to post whatever you want here, the 'meeting' is officially adjourned.

I'm trying to be respectful. I know that in order to get respect you must give it first, so I'm putting that into practice. I'm not on medications. I don't go to psychiatrists so I don't have any diagnosed mental disorders. I just get tired of fighting with people. I'm only here to offer my own opinions. I'm not going to debate with people in a heated way anymore about things. I'd rather just put up my opinions, and let people decide how they want to react to it. I have accepted that people might dismiss what I say, not believe it, or ridicule me. I don't really mind either way. From now on I am going to ignore posts that I feel are hostile or negative and try to focus on responding to people who are open to have a real conversation. At the same time I am going to try to keep my posts from being hostile or negative as well.

One of my favorite movies of all time is "Contact". One of my favorite parts of the movie is when Jodie Fosters character is talking to the scientist who stole her position and get to go on the journey instead of her.

David Drumlin: I know you must think this is all very unfair. Maybe that's an understatement. What you don't know is I agree. I wish the world was a place where fair was the bottom line, where the kind of idealism you showed at the hearing was rewarded, not taken advantage of. Unfortunately, we don't live in that world.

Ellie Arroway: Funny, I've always believed that the world is what we make of it.

So although I viewed fornits as hostile, I am going to attempt to 'create the forum I want to post in' and follow the golden rule, and see how that goes. I don't want to be dragged down by negativity and fighting, because the only person it hurts is me. Thanks for your posts, they are always appreciated and welcome .
one day at a time

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2010, 02:07:55 PM »
So then , dont go away mad, just go away.
?©?€~¥@

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2010, 02:44:57 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

I have no problem with people discussing trying to quit using and I've always said that AA as ONLY a support group (no big book, no 12&12, and NO sponsors), isn't necessarily a bad thing....but when you start throwing pseudo-cults in the mix, you're gonna get negative reactions.

And I must say, I'm somewhat confused......you've been quite the asshole yourself, but lately not so much.  It's appreciated.  At least by me.

Let me see, delusional one. Do you ever see your abusive side here or is it always someone else who forced you to be a asshole.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2010, 03:00:15 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

Let me see, delusional one. Do you ever see your abusive side here or is it always someone else who forced you to be a asshole.

If you can read, you'll see that I said that I was a timid and shy person before going in.  At Straight I was taught to be a bitch.  You couldn't progress in your phases unless you were a total bitch, confronting and screaming at other phasers.  That's why I was on 1st phase for 8 months straight (no pun intended).  

And it's "an" asshole, not "a" asshole.