Author Topic: Sumner Hawley  (Read 9011 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sumner Hawley
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2007, 10:27:07 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""Che Gookin""
Be more specific and back up your claims.  I don't have time to listen to whiners.

How do YOU know someone else didn't post those?  Coming from people who only post as anons, why would I even listen to this shit?

Thanks for helping us reach our unique potential, Che. You've raised the level of discourse to an all-time high. You come back and moderate for us often.

I think all of you are missing the point. The complaint is that Hyde stands behind staff who they know are inappropriate with students. We know for a fact that Dubinsky diddled at least one student. The docs are on the internet and the Mother came to this board to confirm. Where there is smoke there is fire and it is evident from Hyde's handling of the Dubinsky case that there are probably many more incidences like this that are undocumented. I do not know Sumner Hawley but Ursus has said that a student did report to him that Sumner had been inappropriate.

In my correspondence with Ursus he has always been honest and upfront other than not wanting to give his name. I don't believe he would make this up. It is obvious that Ursus has deep wounds caused by Hyde. Somebody at Hyde inflicted some kind of pain on him that has stayed with him for years. This is not something to make fun of or throw names. the man is in pain guys! Name calling on this site is not going to help get the word out about the danger at Hyde. Please lets try to keep this website clean and informative. If you want to insult each other, why don't you PM each other and then get in touch.

I for one am not missing the point.  The point is a dead guy who, to many of us was one of the few good teachers at Hyde has been slandered.  There is now a poll to decide if this is in fact the truth.
    Lets have some leadership by example instead of the finger wagging.  Take down that poll for a start.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sumner Hawley
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2007, 10:38:27 AM »
Take down that poll for a start.

No.  You don't call the shots here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sumner Hawley
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2007, 11:25:37 AM »

That is for sure.   So I don't know if this is first blood on the child molester thing but here is what I would consider to be that accusation abet in different words:

Well, Sumner was one of the offending sexual predators, and considered by some (depending on the source you read), one of the founders of Hyde School, along with Joe Gauld, of course.

I believe the consortium you are looking for will be made up of many souls, who perhaps share a golfing past time, or who sell real estate amongst each other. Perhaps even antique furniture? And there will be an attorney or two thrown in there, for sure...

Now we don't know who wrote that, just like you don't know who I am, at least not all of you do out of the audience of what, 10 people that read this shit,  but I am sure it was not me.
 Perhaps the person that Sumnah groomed was Ursus.[/quote]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sumner Hawley
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2007, 11:56:27 AM »

That is for sure.   So I don't know if this is first blood on the child molester thing but here is what I would consider to be that accusation abet in different words:

Well, Sumner was one of the offending sexual predators, and considered by some (depending on the source you read), one of the founders of Hyde School, along with Joe Gauld, of course.

I believe the consortium you are looking for will be made up of many souls, who perhaps share a golfing past time, or who sell real estate amongst each other. Perhaps even antique furniture? And there will be an attorney or two thrown in there, for sure...

Now we don't know who wrote that, just like you don't know who I am, at least not all of you do out of the audience of what, 10 people that read this shit,  but I am sure it was not me.
 Perhaps the person that Sumnah groomed was Ursus.
[/quote]

Emil,

Why bandy words with illiterate 3rd-grade kids? Truth is not one of their criteria, and this forum has collapsed as a source of factual information. Find other friends.

Mike

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sumner Hawley
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2007, 12:05:08 PM »
Good question and good advice.

http://www.reunion.com/emil_night3423x

Hunter Thompson is my inspiration for shooting TV sets.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sumner Hawley
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2007, 03:03:21 PM »
Sexual Predator:  look it up in the dictionary.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sumner Hawley
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2007, 03:10:14 PM »

Ask the Supreme Court

http://writ.news.findlaw.com/colb/20011024.html

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sumner Hawley
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2007, 03:25:57 PM »

Ask the Supreme Court

that was "violent sexual predator" = not same
court finds distinction between violent and nonviolent

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sumner Hawley
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2007, 03:27:31 PM »

Ask the Supreme Court

that was "violent sexual predator" = not same
court finds distinction between violent and nonviolent

bingo i win.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sumner Hawley
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2007, 03:28:03 PM »
guy trying to hard picking up chix ina bar = sexual predator to some

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sumner Hawley
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2007, 03:32:25 PM »
The term sexual predator is used pejoratively to describe a person seen as obtaining or trying to obtain sexual contact with another person in a metaphorically predatory manner. Analogous to how a predator hunts down its prey, so the sexual predator is thought to "hunt" for his or her sex partners. People who commit sex crimes, such as rape or child sexual abuse, are commonly referred to as sexual predators, particularly in tabloid media or as a power phrase by politicians.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sumner Hawley
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2007, 03:37:51 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_predator
>
>
>
The term is applied according to a person's moral beliefs, and does not necessarily denote criminal behaviour. For example, an adult male who cruises a bar looking for consensual sex from an adult female could be considered a sexual predator by some.
>
>
>
Distinction from sex offenders

The term "sexual predator" is often considered distinct from "sex offender". Many U.S. states also see these differences legally. A sexual offender is a person who has offended another sexually. A sexual predator is often used to refer to a person who habitually seeks out sexual situations.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sumner Hawley
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2007, 03:47:13 PM »
What governor signed it? Did they have ties to Joe Gauld? Did they have ties to Jean Gannett Hawley, chairman of the board of Gannett Newspapers in Portland, Maine, whose husband Sumner taught at Hyde and was one of Joe Gauld's closest friends?[/quote]

I believe the consortium you are looking for will be made up of many souls, who perhaps share a golfing past time, or who sell real estate amongst each other.  Perhaps even antique furniture?  And there will be an attorney or two thrown in there, for sure...[/quote]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sumner Hawley
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2007, 03:54:05 PM »
a person who habitually seeks out sexual situations.

Damn, and my wife thinks I am just horny.  Don't tell her. O.K?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sumner Hawley
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2007, 06:03:08 PM »
The term sexual predator is used pejoratively to describe a person seen as obtaining or trying to obtain sexual contact with another person in a metaphorically predatory manner. Analogous to how a predator hunts down its prey, so the sexual predator is thought to "hunt" for his or her sex partners. People who commit sex crimes, such as rape or child sexual abuse, are commonly referred to as sexual predators, particularly in tabloid media or as a power phrase by politicians.

If this is a correct definition then this would make Larry Dubinsky a sexual predator. He sought out the prettiest girls each year to "mentor." This mentoring included taking them off for private outings, having them babysit for him while his wife was out of town, and taking advantage of whatever body contact he could get away with when he was alone with these girls. He was not simply an english teacher as another poster mentioned. Hyde helped him with his prey by appointing him to oversee the Deans area where he could question the kids about sex, drugs and anything else he wanted. Rather than taking these duties away from him, Hyde simply made him start keeping the door open when he had female students in his office.  Great way of dealing with this pervert, ha!