Author Topic: Laurie Hurds Resgination  (Read 5180 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: give Gigi a turn!
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 04:08:21 PM »
Quote from: ""VincentVanGopher""
Hey, they have not let Gigi run a school yet.  No fair.

Perhaps for good reason?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2007, 10:49:04 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

Perhaps for good reason?

She couldn't do any worse than the rest of the sicko's

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 12:39:01 AM »

Perhaps for good reason?

She couldn't do any worse than the rest of the sicko's

Who knows?... I assuredly do not; I barely knew her.  

It is possible that she might be more humane, and that is why they disallow her from exercising such ideas at the helm.

It is also possible that she might be worse, and they do not wish to risk the subsequent backlash.

It is also possible that she might be lacking in ability/experience, at least as far as being a headmistress is concerned.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Laurie Hurds Resgination
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2007, 09:59:08 PM »
Bath Head = Laura Gauld

Woodstock Head = Don MacMillan

I'll bet good money....any takers?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Laurie Hurds Resgination
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2007, 10:08:45 PM »
Iwould say this except for some reason they don't sseem to want to let Grant have too free a reign...

Why did Laurie and Paul decide to leave?

Quote from: ""Ursus""
My guess is that Laura may very well move back up to Bath, citing maternal considerations as being at least partially influential, and that Ken Grant will take over the helm at Woodstock.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Laurie Hurds Resgination
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2007, 01:45:17 AM »
They are still advertising for a head of school on the website.  Anyone hear anything?

Offline Jesus H Christ

• View Profile
Laurie Hurds Resgination
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2007, 07:52:56 AM »
I sent them my salary requirements.  I have not heard back.

Something interesting in the latest news letter: Hyde to raze Bath Street House.   They claim it is structurally deficient and too expensive to repair.   I would guess that the removal of the dorm will reduce the capacity of the school by about 20 bodies.  I think Bath is above the termite line.  There would have been gross negligence to allow enough water to create a carpenter ant problem large enough to cause irreparable structural damage.
  My guess is that the decision is that it is too expensive to repair a dorm that they can't fill. While not an outstanding example of Greek Revival New England Vernacular  it is a beautiful house and should be preserved. I predict bad Ju Ju for the Gauld Charater Empire when the demolition starts.  There are ghosts in that place.

I think the guy from Clarkson has the inside wire.

sk and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Laurie Hurds Resgination
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2008, 05:30:23 PM »
They could just use the dorm for other purposes, or make 2-4 fix it.  Maybe there is some regulation or asbestos or other violation ON RECORD too extreme to allow students near it?

I take it the Hurds are still on campus?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Laurie Hurds Resgination
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2008, 09:46:17 AM »
Well... festivities and road trips planned for the final year.  Be sure to mark your calendars.

Laurie & Paul Hurd honored for 50 years of service to Hyde Schools at 6 regional locations!

HAPA members alert!! You will soon be receiving an invitation to join with alumni and current parents throughout the country at social gatherings to be held in regions with the largest concentration of Hyde parents. The Bath Head of School, Laurie Hurd and Bath Director of Family Education, Paul Hurd, are the featured guests at these gatherings, giving community members an opportunity to say "Thank You" to the Hurds for their extraordinary service to hundreds of Hyde students and their families. Laurie will be completing her eighth year as Head of School at the conclusion of the 2007-08 school year.

The first event was held on the Bath campus in December. The upcoming regional events are:

• February 24, 2008—San Francisco, CA  Sponsored by Paul & Dorothea Bergeron (Andrew '95 Bath, Sarah '98 Woodstock)
  • March 30, 2008—Boston, MA  Sponsored by Janis Haseotes (Mike '07 Bath)
  • April 6, 2008—Chicago, IL  Sponsored by Rob & Anne Krebs (Duncan '97 Woodstock)
  • May 15, 2008—New York, NY  Sponsored by Michael & Claire Robinson (Simon '06 Bath, Adam '09 Bath)
  • June 8, 2008—Washington, DC  Sponsored by Carter Perry (grandson Tom IV '06 Bath)

Join Hyde alumni, friends, and family to recognize, thank, and honor Laurie and Paul and to reminisce about Hyde. An exciting Hyde Schools' update will be shared.

For information on times and locations and to RSVP, contact Heather Beam at 207-443-7304 or email: [email protected].
-------------- • -------------- • --------------