Author Topic: Cost-Cutting Measures at HLA  (Read 13261 times)

Offline kid_thorazine

• View Profile
Cost-Cutting Measures at HLA
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2006, 09:42:00 PM »
wait they still havent fixed problems with the septic sytem or whatever, that thing has been messed up ever since i was there (2 years ago in may is when i left) hell we used to have to haul rocks and shit through the damn leach field which was constantly overflowed and always smelled like sewage.  anybody know if the water still goes out every other week in the summer?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2006, 09:52:00 PM »
Just a thought...If you want to be taken seriously, you might want to clean up your act a bit....You have much to offer..think about it..

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2006, 12:31:00 PM »
I know several of you want to get on here and rant and rave, use expetives, but honestly, if you want your voice to be heard further than Fornits...you need to think before you write..
You are needed at this time to be taken seriously,no coalition or attorney is going to
truly hear you, if they think you are a lunatic..
We all feel like telling HLA what to do with a
stick, but it is fruitless and really just strokes ones own ego and makes us smaller than
those we wish to be accountable...And, the sad thing is, there was a young girl raped with
'said stick'..If we want to prevent this from happening again to another child, then I feel we need to clean up our act here...Fornits has been a wonderful source of help for all concerned,
but it is still recognized by many as a luny
bin...we want to assure them it is not...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2006, 12:43:00 PM »
While I understand your concern as to how "we" are viewed I think Fornits provides a much needed venting place.  There are plenty of other forums that are moderated and most of the vulgarness, foul-language etc. is edited out and that's fine but I think there NEEDS to be a place where former inmates/students/patients can say exactly what they think and feel.  It's also a good measure of what places like HLA create.  This stuff (the slams, tempers, vile shit posted) is the product of HLA and others.  THIS is what happens when you break someone's will.  THIS is what happens when they're subjected to sadistic and arbitrary forms of punishment alternated with various love-bombing etc.  All this...ALL of it, is a direct result of being in there.  Let this be the one place where we can speak freely since we were controlled and censored for far too long.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2006, 12:50:00 PM »
Amen.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2006, 01:01:00 PM »
That is fine, however, a few of these posters,
have stated they are tryng to find an attorney..
no attorney in their right mind would sign on..it is simply the way it is...Vent away...

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »
You have no idea how wrong you are.

Things are already in motion attorneys are already in place. We are doing a great deal more than "venting"

The thing you have to remember is that it wasnt just the school being mean or unfair, it was systematically engaged in illegal activities.

They broke the law and now they are going to pay the price.

Offline kid_thorazine

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2006, 01:39:00 PM »
On 2006-04-27 10:01:00, Anonymous wrote:

"That is fine, however, a few of these posters,

have stated they are tryng to find an attorney..

no attorney in their right mind would sign on..it is simply the way it is...Vent away..."

Honestly, if an attourney thinks that they can win a case like this (and most that ive telked to about theese things do) the thngs you say on the internet dont really matter all that much.  Most people are a lot more open to venting and saying bad things on the internet than they are in person due to the internets anonimity.

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2006, 01:41:00 PM »
Robert,
What you say is correct..However,one has to understand the way things work...All that is said on here, is subject to the scrutiny of the court...no one in his right mind would place
a potential witness on the list that conducts themselves like they have..It is just how it works..

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »
Its only libel if it isnt true.

Remember we can back up all of our claims against HLA.

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2006, 01:50:00 PM »
Yes that is true..But it is the"merit" of the witness that is construed..They don't want some
raving nut job, that cannot contain themselves..
That is the problem with other potential suits..
the attorneys will not touch them...They need people that can express themselves in what 'they'
deem an appropriate manor..not what we think is right or wrong...Everyone here does want to
"stick it to HLA", that 'is' what the Forum is here for..venting..but, to be 'heard' in a court is an entirely different ball game, with different rules...

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2006, 02:00:00 PM »
Robert,

Also, many of us can back up our claims, but I have spoken to people on this forum, that say one thing, then their memory becomes fuzzie
and next thing you know it was actually third party knowledge.. It doesn't demean what they went thru...it is just, they would not be a good witness..

Offline kid_thorazine

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2006, 02:16:00 PM »
i think a lot of people become really paranoid under scrutiny and dont want to say bed things about HLA without being completely anonymous, thats why when you e-mail some people they all of the sudden clam up. (its a lot easier to trace an e-mail address back to someone than it is a forum post)

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2006, 02:25:00 PM »
They need to be said..That is how we help each other, that is how the 'machine' will fail...
Everyone has a need to vent, but then there is a time and place to be constructive if one wishes to achieve anything further...

Offline kid_thorazine

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »
of course they need to be said, but it needs to be done in a way that people arent fearful of retribution for telling the truth.  And another thing a lot of people (including myself) have a hard time putting this into words in a sane way sometimes because its hard to eloquently put down such insane and terrible events from ones life, hell theres a year of my life from HLA that i cant even remmeber most of let a lone talk about fuilly coherently.