Author Topic: Cost-Cutting Measures at HLA  (Read 13260 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cost-Cutting Measures at HLA
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2006, 02:52:00 PM »
yes, a very sober and restrained witness is the best. However, courtrooms and judges have seen many very upset people vent over the years, and judges that take their job seriously will recognize that we ALL vent when the conditions are right. Put yourself where these students were, and understand why they vent. And the students in many cases should put themselves where their parent/guardians were, and understand how a loving parent or guardian could send you away. A child wrecking a family is not a good thing either, and "growing up" is not a valid excuse in most cases.Sure as hell not if the family doesn't survive the child's "growing up".

A person who vents here at Fornits will not necessarily vent on the stand, the attorney or their staff would see that the person is suitable for testifying, or not. For example, RB vents at times, and at other times is a very sober individual. I think he would be able to testify just fine.

There is still a lot of anger in many students, and a lot of anguish in parents. Anger is more likely to lead to venting. Let it be, but mediate it if you can.

Anger and venting helped close down Love's Canal, and countless other pollution issues. It may help here, if not out of control. It makes the anger and anguish clear to a reader - or a judge.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2006, 03:16:00 PM »
On 2006-04-27 11:41:00, kid_thorazine wrote:

"of course they need to be said, but it needs to be done in a way that people arent fearful of retribution for telling the truth.  And another thing a lot of people (including myself) have a hard time putting this into words in a sane way sometimes because its hard to eloquently put down such insane and terrible events from ones life, hell theres a year of my life from HLA that i cant even remmeber most of let a lone talk about fuilly coherently."

I appreciate what you said, particularly about it being hard to put into words. People just can't fathom and think you are exaggerating. Talking about it can bring up intense emotions and one must risk feelings of humiliation if the listener doesn't take them seriously or seems disinterested. I've seen this with my sons who attended different facilities. They're both hypersensitive now about being humiliated- something they never want to feel again. Humiliation is too 'victimy' so the reponse is usually anger.
I think they're both hypersensitive to any kind of 'consequence' too. In neither facility did the punishment fit the crime. Everything was black or white, no grey areas. Having your every thought and feeling analyzed 24/7/365 is enough to make a sane person bugall crazy.
I very much think venting is a necessary process of getting over it which is most times more useful if done with a caring and trusted friend, relative or therapist. (hope you don't consider the last one to be a dirty word now- my son's do)
Anyway, welcome. Every story is a piece of the puzzle and those who have most of the pieces are those like yourself, who lived it. Thanks for sharing.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2006, 02:02:00 PM »
Now kids are taken to the doctor instead of vice-versa.  It has been reported that the facility wasn't making "enough money" off doctor visits because when the doctors came on campus, the facility provided the space and the parents paid the doctor.

Now the parents pay the doctor and pay HLA for the transportation ($94.00).  Now they're getting their "cut."

Since taking kids to the doctor has now become a "value-added service" for HLA they're taking the kids in busloads.  One goes out today in fact.

It's all about the money.

-Arnold Schopenhauer[ This Message was edited by: Dysfunction Junction on 2006-05-02 11:04 ]
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2006, 02:18:00 PM »
On 2006-05-02 11:02:00, Dysfunction Junction wrote:

"Now kids are taken to the doctor instead of vice-versa.  It has been reported that the facility wasn't making "enough money" off doctor visits because when the doctors came on campus, the facility provided the space and the parents paid the doctor.

Now the parents pay the doctor and pay HLA for the transportation ($94.00).  Now they're getting their "cut."

Since taking kids to the doctor has now become a "value-added service" for HLA they're taking the kids in busloads.  One goes out today in fact.

"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arnold Schopenhauer[ This Message was edited by: Dysfunction Junction on 2006-05-02 11:04 ]"

I wonder why the parents are allowing HLA to soak up the largesse instead of really questioning why HLA needs more money.  They made $10,000,000.00 last year in profits.  Is that not enough?  Especially considering the owner is the only shareholder.  $10 million in profits for one guy isn't enough?  When will enough be enough?
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2006, 02:53:00 PM »
10 million in profits? I think your numbers are a bit high.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2006, 02:58:00 PM »
On 2006-05-10 11:53:00, RobertBruce wrote:

"10 million in profits? I think your numbers are a bit high. "

No, it's exactly on, actually.  Look at their 1099.  It's a fact.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2006, 03:06:00 PM »
On 2006-05-10 11:58:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-05-10 11:53:00, RobertBruce wrote:

"10 million in profits? I think your numbers are a bit high. "

No, it's exactly on, actually.  Look at their 1099.  It's a fact."

Correction: $10,000,000.00+ in gross revenue.

$5700/mo x 150 head of cattle = $10.2 million, give or take.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Dysfunktionjunktion

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2006, 03:40:00 PM »
SHUT THIS PLACE DOWN.  I ORDER IT!
They can not make a profit. Not since they fired ME! I will ruin them.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2006, 03:41:00 PM »
Your life must suck. Huh?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2006, 03:43:00 PM »
On 2006-05-10 12:40:00, Dysfunktionjunktion wrote:

"SHUT THIS PLACE DOWN.  I ORDER IT!

They can not make a profit. Not since they fired ME! I will ruin them."

CAn they make that kind of a profit and then continue to hit parents up for additional funding for non-existant chapels, non-existant horse therapy?  Can they make that kind of profit and complain that there isnt enough money for toilet paper etc.???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2006, 08:53:00 AM »
what does all inclusive really mean to you

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2006, 10:47:00 AM »
Paychecks are issued on Tuesdays at HLA.  I have heard that Dept. Heads and Assistant Dept. Heads are being told not to cash or deposit their checks until Friday.  This is a bad sign.

If these paychecks are being cut with insufficient funds in the payroll account, this amounts to a federal crime.  It is illegal to issue payroll checks that have insufficient funds for their amount.

No benefits, no overtime, now no regular checks.  How much longer can it last?

I have been told that HLA is "totally insolvent" and that there are no more lenders willing to extend credit based on poor repayment history and lack of "credible bookeeping" upon which to base a loan.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2006, 08:21:00 PM »
As of early this week the water was off again -
construction maybe?  Anyway, the kids were without ALL bathroom facilities.  How much more
humiliation can there be?  This is the 2nd time
within the last couple of months; last time water was off for 3 days.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2006, 08:50:00 PM »
On 2006-05-02 11:02:00, Dysfunction Junction wrote:

"Now kids are taken to the doctor instead of vice-versa.  It has been reported that the facility wasn't making "enough money" off doctor visits because when the doctors came on campus, the facility provided the space and the parents paid the doctor.

"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arnold Schopenhauer[ This Message was edited by: Dysfunction Junction on 2006-05-02 11:04 ]"

Name a business that is not about the money.  They need to pass off the cost of "doing business" to the customer.  Just about every parent/person is aware of this concept.  Some business's charge for paper clips and it piss's people off and so they stop and just call it admin fees, so what !!  If parents protest they stop and adsorb the cost (for a short time) and recoop it somewhere else !  Why do the basic rules of doing business constantly miff you?

DJ --- Listen closely, Its about the money, dont you cash a paycheck a few times a month?  Its all around you, no one is exempt.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2006, 12:45:00 AM »
It's never a problem for a company to put money first, however you are ignoring several larger issues.

1. The school claims it in fact isnt about the money. They claim its about helping children.

2. The school employs questionable tactics at best, including lying to the state about its purpose, lying to parents and ed cons about the actions that go on there, and forcing children to lie for them.

3. The school is engaged in numerous illegal activities including the abusing of rights of children, employees rights violations, and numerous other suspect staffing policies. Along with of course what some might consider abuse and neglect.

4. 10 million a year ought to cover the basics, the school is all about the money and its willing to cut any corner..no matter the cost.