Author Topic: Cost-Cutting Measures at HLA  (Read 13165 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Cost-Cutting Measures at HLA
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2006, 09:37:00 AM »
Reportedly HLA's food service vendor walked off the job this week due to unpaid bills.

Who's feeding your kids, parents?  What are they being fed???

Be sure to call and ask these important questions.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2006, 09:45:00 AM »
Anybody care to comment on the physical plant?  

Can anyone explain why the septic system is broken and the management refuses to get it fixed, but has money and time for the boss' new office?

I always knew they were full of shit, but not in the literal sense.  That's all changed now.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline SHH

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2006, 11:55:00 AM »
Septic system? What septic system? Something doesnt make sense to me on this particular story Steve. Each building has a septic TANK. There is no septic system. It is not tied into a public sewer system nor does it have a community septic system. Im thinking maybe one of the building's septic tanks or individual system messed up. Do you know which building has the problem specifically?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2006, 12:03:00 PM »
The "TANK" is part of the "system" including everything from the toilets to the leach field.  That is what a septic sytem is.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline SHH

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2006, 12:21:00 PM »
I know, but which building? Each building has a separate tank. If there was a failure, it would be on an individual building's tank/system. I know all about private septic systems, I own one and had to have it repaired last year.

Offline Dysfunktionjunktion

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »
Get this place SHUT DOWN! They are going to PAY for firing me.  Who cares about the tank. All that matters is that they PAY because they took me away from all the darling kids. How can I help them as a MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL if I'm not there.  I want this place closed.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2006, 02:51:00 PM »
I agree, great post, shut em down!!!

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2006, 02:33:00 AM »
On 2006-04-22 06:45:00, Dysfunction Junction wrote:

"Anybody care to comment on the physical plant?  

Can anyone explain why the septic system is broken and the management refuses to get it fixed, but has money and time for the boss' new office?

I always knew they were full of shit, but not in the literal sense.  That's all changed now.
"

You know its really not all that different than the time the school ran out of toilet paper over the weekend and refused to purchase more before the shipment was to due to arrive that monday. They gathered us all together and said we'd have to; "Make do.".

We'll I can assure that is exactly what we did, just without toilet paper. What memories we all share.

If I had to guess as to how they will deal with this issue....probably use the ample supply of slave labor to simply dig an outhouse.

To be honest DJ I think youre expecting a bit much, I mean honestly these kids' parents only pay close to $100,000.00 for this program. Youre being a tad bit unreasonable if you expect that paltry amount to pay for working toilets.

The school does have the equestrian program to think about right Nicole?

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2006, 02:43:00 AM »
On 2006-04-22 09:21:00, SHH wrote:

"I know, but which building? Each building has a separate tank. If there was a failure, it would be on an individual building's tank/system. I know all about private septic systems, I own one and had to have it repaired last year. "

Wow Cybil, first goose poop and now septic systems. You really are an expert on bullshit huh?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2006, 10:51:00 AM »
To be honest DJ I think youre expecting a bit much, I mean honestly these kids' parents only pay close to $100,000.00 for this program. Youre being a tad bit unreasonable if you expect that paltry amount to pay for working toilets.

It's astounding to me.

What are the parents of these children doing to ensure their kids' health and safety?
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2006, 12:15:00 PM »
Dysfunction Junction wrote:
What are the parents of these children doing to ensure their kids' health and safety?

Putting their full trust in their hired captors to act with integrity and in the child's best interest. At $100K+ one would expect stellar care.
There isn't one unique technique employed by HLA that a parent couldn't employ at home. Why would they, when they have the means to hire it done? Could it be, because they would risk being charged with child abuse/ neglect for employing the same techniques?
Why the double standard?
Why is/was it ever acceptable to limit a child's calories as punishment, to hold them incommunicado from the rest of the world, to subject them to experimental techniques, to refuse their basic needs? Could it be that some parents were unaware of the details of their child's 'treatment'?

[ This Message was edited by: Deborah on 2006-04-23 12:34 ]
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Badpuppy

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2006, 01:02:00 PM »
Because the government has designated them as enemy combatants?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2006, 12:13:00 AM »
HLA announced it was going to up-grade the food service a short time ago..They were going to have a "POTATO BAR" two nights a week... that was to be dinner, just the potato..even Wendy's offers meat with their potatoes...Apparently, the excitement
of the idea went in the wrong direction.The parents 'revolted' after being revolted at the notion of paying 72,000. a year to witness the end of the potato famine at HLA..Charles Cates sent them a letter, basically saying, they were going to "pass" on the "potato bar" idea..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2006, 12:14:00 AM »
Did Jay Leno write this, or what???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2006, 03:39:00 PM »
Parent Workshop tomorrow...They shall probably not have to send out for pizza this time...
if those potatoes didn't get used...Voila,
"Potato Bar"