Author Topic: Why some deserved to be there (clarification)  (Read 7555 times)

Offline teachback

• View Profile
Why some deserved to be there (clarification)
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2005, 10:19:00 AM »
That's what I'm sayin'
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2005, 02:54:00 PM »
OK, I agree that he did say that no one deserved to be in there.  He did, however, express a contempt for the "spoiled, private school kids whe never had am asswhooping in their lives.....who derserved to be there."  Does anon esle see this?

And who is he to say that some deserved "intervention" or not??

P.S. Speaking as a private schooled kid, I was ANYTHING but spoiled, you should meet my father  :flame: !!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2005, 03:14:00 PM »
woops....anyone else see this.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2005, 03:15:00 PM »
see what?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2005, 03:19:00 PM »
On 2005-10-21 11:54:00, Anonymous wrote:

""spoiled, private school kids whe never had am asswhooping in their lives.....who derserved to be there."  

What does that statement say to you, I'm curious.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2005, 03:23:00 PM »
Son, go git there stick of the wall so's I can teach you a lesson. Ya know, the one with the holes cut out so it has less wind resistance and hurts a hulluva lot more.  (thwack, pow, uhgggggg, crack).  There.  That'll learn ya.

Better yet, lemme get some of your fat old brothers and sisters to sit on you for a couple of hours.  That'll make sure you never chew on that wild weed again!!!  :evil:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2005, 05:32:00 PM »

"OK, I agree that he did say that no one deserved to be in there.  He did, however, express a contempt for the "spoiled, private school kids whe never had am asswhooping in their lives.....who derserved to be there."  Does anon esle see this?

P.S. Speaking as a private schooled kid, I was ANYTHING but spoiled, you should meet my father  :flame: !!!!"

Plus a lot of them may have played up how really "spoiled and selfish" they were to look good to staff.

DUH

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2005, 05:37:00 PM »
yes, but 85DJ didn't like them, so they deserved to be in Straight.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2005, 04:49:00 PM »
On 2005-10-21 14:32:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"OK, I agree that he did say that no one deserved to be in there.  He did, however, express a contempt for the "spoiled, private school kids whe never had am asswhooping in their lives.....who derserved to be there."  Does anon esle see this?

P.S. Speaking as a private schooled kid, I was ANYTHING but spoiled, you should meet my father  :flame: !!!!"

Plus a lot of them may have played up how really "spoiled and selfish" they were to look good to staff.

DUH"

Naw, actually my mom worked two jobs so they could afford the tuition.  No one at Straight knew I lived on the water in a nice house until I took in newcomers (which was 8 months after I was in there.)  I was anything but a "jerk".  I sat for 8 months not doing a damn thing.   People actually felt sorry for me after sitting on first phase for 5 months.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2005, 04:55:00 PM »
On 2005-10-10 12:59:00, 85 Day Jerk wrote:

"
One of the founders owned a radio/television station.  His name was Rahall.

Went to school with Brett.

As to whether or not they deserved it, the people I seen in my first days there did.  They were upper crust white bread punks that had gone their whole lives without a serious ass whooping.  

Doesn't this say a lot about his feelings about forced incarceration as a teen???

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2005, 05:24:00 PM »
On 2005-10-22 13:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

As to whether or not they deserved it, the people I seen in my first days there did.  They were upper crust white bread punks that had gone their whole lives without a serious ass whooping.  

Doesn't this say a lot about his feelings about forced incarceration as a teen???"

Not so much, I don't think, as it says about the power of the Program. I suppose how you viewed the whole thing would depend on where you come from; what experience and beliefs you brought with you. I generally believed the idea that most of the snotty kids were something similar to the Program idea of druggiekids. They seemed a lot like the silly, mean, clueless or just spoiled kids I'd gone to school with.

This was not a firmly set idea in my mind. Just one item on the stack of prejudices inherited from home that I hadn't yet really tested. Certainly, at least at first, I thought I was different; that they might belong there, but I certainly didn't. And I'll be a big person about it and admit that I enjoyed a little private vindication from it. These weren't the same individual cheer leaders and bullies who had excluded me from their cliques. But they were the same types.

Since we weren't allowed to get to know each other, all we had to go on was the staff approved version of everything. At least at first. As I did get to know some of these people a little, on the sly, outside of Program protocol, I was... well, damned glad I hadn't been able to open my stupid mouth and say what I was thinking. The law of unitended consequences played out to teach me what a monumental asshole I had been thinking I knew any damned thing at all about 'druggiekids'.

But the Program worked very well on a lot of people. Some are still stuck in the twilight zone even after all these years. Remember Mark what's his name, who went all attack dog after Colleen in defense of Susan Byrd?

Bob, I hope you're not saying you still think we were all (but thee) in need of a little brainwashing. Or that any transient asshole remark means a full shut out. I, for one, really enjoy your raw narratives. Not that you're the most dazzling writer ever. It's your left-handed take on things and the guileless, experiential way you tell it.

Anyway, I hope you're well.

Why should we take advice on sex from the Pope? If he knows anything about it, he shouldn't.
--George Bernard Shaw, Irish-born English playwright

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2005, 07:03:00 PM »
On 2005-10-22 13:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-10-10 12:59:00, 85 Day Jerk wrote:

"
One of the founders owned a radio/television station.  His name was Rahall.

Went to school with Brett.

Doesn't this say a lot about his feelings about forced incarceration as a teen???"

Ging, I understand your take on thins, but the fac remains that he wrote tha above.  The DERSERVED to be there.  That says to me that he still belives that.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2005, 07:28:00 PM »
On 2005-10-22 16:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

Ging, I understand your take on thins, but the fac remains that he wrote tha above. The DERSERVED to be there. That says to me that he still belives that.

Yeah, I know. And maybe there's more to that than what I'm willing to entertain. After all, I'm neither Bob's shrink nor his mother. Just that, in context, I think people are reading it a whole lot more litterally and seriously than he wrote it. Or maybe it's a bit of program baggage that he'd be better off leaving behind.

If that's the case, Bob, leave it in a busy bus station then stand back and watch the fun!  :em:

Preacher man don't tell me heaven is under the earth; you don't know what life is worth;.......If you know what life is worth, you will look for your's on earth.

--Bob Marley

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2005, 11:52:00 AM »
But the Program worked very well on a lot of people. Some are still stuck in the twilight zone even after all these years. Remember Mark what's his name, who went all attack dog after Colleen in defense of Susan Byrd?

No... but I'm curious to know a little more about this.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2005, 04:36:00 PM »
Oh, well, it was a couple of years ago and mostly on Don's list. Basically, Colleen sent a little poison pen email to Ms. Byrd (I think, could have been some other old hag who played the same sort of role in this tragic comedy)

Anyway, this Mark guy came out of lurking to try and rally the forces to soundly, legally, socially and spiritually condemn Colleen for this horrid act of rebellion.

This guy blew up the list for like WEEKS trying to get us all to hate Colleen or file complaints or some damned thing. In so doing, he told us all about how grateful he was to Straight and how he'd been given, not only his sanity, but a lucritive career by the Executives, how rich they had made him and how he'd defend and support them till his dying breath.

It was funny as shit.

I must admit, I had a great deal of fun at his expense.

Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.
Anonymity Anonymous