Author Topic: Why some deserved to be there (clarification)  (Read 7555 times)

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Why some deserved to be there (clarification)
« on: October 10, 2005, 03:59:00 PM »
Straight Inc. had only been in existance for a year and a half when I went in.  It was at it's peak down here in St. Pete.  We were housed in a warehouse that seated as many as 2000 if need be.  The program started out with kids in group actually having needle marks and lung damage from huffing chemicals and what not.  These were the hard core cases who really WOULD wind up dead-insane-or-in jail.  It was during the winter of 1977 when the founders got together to go over taxes and such that they discovered just how much profit was being generated.

One of the founders owned a radio/television station.  His name was Rahall.  There was a falling out between him and Mel Sembler and he withdrew support and the use of his warehouse.  What did Straight do?  Sembler got one of his cronies to let him use the Milton Roy Corporation warehouse off of Park Street in the outskirts of St. Pete near Boca Ciega Bay.

With all that room, there was tremendous incentive to fill it with warm teen aged bodies and that is what they did.  There was a "recruitment team" that passed out flyers and brocures to parents that worked the high end defense industries and white collar businesses.  St. Pete Police Chief Mack Vines was a frequent visitor to parent meetings and would show the most gory, bloody and horiffic scenes to scare the living shit out of these parents.  Many parents bought it hook line and sinker and it was'nt long before their kids were on front row.

As to whether or not they deserved it, the people I seen in my first days there did.  They were upper crust white bread punks that had gone their whole lives without a serious ass whooping.  They had no values, no goals and no directions.  Most went to private schools.  Quite a few were from Tampa, and these "darlings" would fuck you over in a heartbeat if you let them.  When I entered the program, there were only 27 rules.  No shit, just 27 rules, and most of us could name all of them in one sitting.  Because staff did not have enough brains to deal with things on an individual basis, everytime somebody fucked up, we were presented with yet another rule. By the time I 'stepped,' they were up to 47 rules.

You as a reader really need to read my posts entitled "Tampa Screw-Up" to really get a good idea what went on and why I feel that most that were there deserved to be there.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 08:02:00 PM »
Hey dude, write us a story. A good read.

You had some real good ones.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 08:38:00 PM »
He is a jerk, after all. Somebody hammer a bottle cap so I can look surprised.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 11:57:00 AM »
Deserved to be in Straight, Inc. or they would be DEADINSANEINJAIL?  You are an idiot.  If anything, that place made them more likely to get over their head into drugs, kill themselves, suffer psychological damage, or commit acts that would send them to jail.

I read your "Tampa Screw Up" posts and it confirmed my long standing suspicion
that you really enjoyed Straight "until it got ruined".

Let me tell ya something there, Jerk.  Straight, Inc. and programs like it are fucked up from the get-go.  Straight wasn't a 'good program' that went bad when the evil "Dr." Newton showed up, it was a fucked up teen torture facility that got worse.

There was no one who deserved, or was even slightly "helped" by attending Straight, Inc. and for you to believe there was just goes to showe how far you have your head implanted up your ass.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 12:17:00 PM »
On 2005-10-11 08:57:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Deserved to be in Straight, Inc. or they would be DEADINSANEINJAIL?  You are an idiot.  If anything, that place made them more likely to get over their head into drugs, kill themselves, suffer psychological damage, or commit acts that would send them to jail.

Let me tell ya something there, Jerk.  Straight, Inc. and programs like it are fucked up from the get-go.  Straight wasn't a 'good program' that went bad when the evil "Dr." Newton showed up, it was a fucked up teen torture facility that got worse.

There was no one who deserved, or was even slightly "helped" by attending Straight, Inc. and for you to believe there was just goes to showe how far you have your head implanted up your ass.

"
Wow, okay , so people who have second hand information or know someone who attended the various schools get slammed for posting and people who support the schools get slammed and parents who are considering sending thier kids get slammed and now people sharing their actual experiences who have attended get slammed.  Who do you accept as credible?  Do you only want the stepford kids who are programmed to hate all schools, hate all parents and hate anyone who is moving on with their lives to post?
Have fun, hope you continue to grow , NOT!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 12:25:00 PM »
On 2005-10-11 09:17:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"Deserved to be in Straight, Inc. or they would be DEADINSANEINJAIL?  You are an idiot.  If anything, that place made them more likely to get over their head into drugs, kill themselves, suffer psychological damage, or commit acts that would send them to jail.

"

Wow, okay , so people who have second hand information or know someone who attended the various schools get slammed for posting and people who support the schools get slammed and parents who are considering sending thier kids get slammed and now people sharing their actual experiences who have attended get slammed.  Who do you accept as credible?  Do you only want the stepford kids who are programmed to hate all schools, hate all parents and hate anyone who is moving on with their lives to post?

Have fun, hope you continue to grow , NOT!!!!"

I was in Straight, St. Petersburg, moron, so I'm just as qualified to make a statement regarding conditions there as any program-loving twit like the guy who started the thread.  If I wanted Stepford kids,  I'd be posting shit like 85 Day Jerk did, saying that some of ther kids "deserved to be there".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »
No No No No ,wait No Lets Really do it for Sammie now...ahhh shit rong thread, but wait No No No lets do it for Sammie anyway Yahhhhh ::unhappy::  ::unhappy::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »

:nworthy:  :nworthy: Truer words have never been spoken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 01:56:00 PM »
On 2005-10-10 17:02:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hey dude, write us a story. A good read.

You had some real good ones. "

Tell us about the fun you had at Straight, you know, what a good time it was.  Fun, fun, fun 'til Miller Newton showed up and ruined the party.  Yeah, Straight was great, I deserved to sit in my shit and eat peanut butter sandwiches for a month because I used drugs before I went in, and 85 Day Jerk didn't approve.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 02:07:00 PM »
What is the significance of this "85 Day Jerk" moniker anyway?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »
On 2005-10-11 11:07:00, Anonymous wrote:

"What is the significance of this "85 Day Jerk" moniker anyway?  "

It indicates what a bad dude he was in Straight, y'know, to show you how cool he is.  

In reality, he is glad to have gone through Straight, and thinks that most likely, you deserved to be there and deserved whatever happened to you.  It's your own goddamn fault, you druggie lowlife!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2005, 02:13:00 PM »
Ah, I see.  Like he was a "jerk" on first phase for 85 days, huh?  Shit I've got that beat by 5 months....the FIRST time.  What a tool!!!! :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2005, 02:20:00 PM »
He is a program-loving buffoon.  "Jerk", indeed.

What bullshit, "some of them deserved to be there".   Fucking prick.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2005, 02:29:00 PM »
Not unlike those people who can't seem to leave their high school 'glory days' behind them even some 20 or 30 years later.  Their lives since have been so empty and unfulfilling that they must continue to live in the fantasy.  Funny, most of them were assholes then and now too.

Jerk, wake up from your dream.  NO ONE deserved to be in there, not even you (although I would pay good money to see you get your ass kicked now).  I don't care how fucked up you think they were NO ONE deserves that kind of, ahem, "treatment"...pun intended.

People praise your writing skills and it just further perpetuates your fantasy (and theirs that you actually HAVE any creative writing skills).  Truth is you look back on your experience with Straight with fond memories, you think you were part of the "cool" Straightlings.  Like I said before....what a TOOL...and a delusional one at that!!!! :lol:

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2005, 03:03:00 PM »
On 2005-10-11 11:29:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Not unlike those people who can't seem to leave their high school 'glory days' behind them even some 20 or 30 years later.  Their lives since have been so empty and unfulfilling that they must continue to live in the fantasy.  Funny, most of them were assholes then and now too.

Jerk, wake up from your dream.  NO ONE deserved to be in there, not even you (although I would pay good money to see you get your ass kicked now).  I don't care how fucked up you think they were NO ONE deserves that kind of, ahem, "treatment"...pun intended.

People praise your writing skills and it just further perpetuates your fantasy (and theirs that you actually HAVE any creative writing skills).  Truth is you look back on your experience with Straight with fond memories, you think you were part of the "cool" Straightlings.  Like I said before....what a TOOL...and a delusional one at that!!!! :lol: "
You seem to be well adjusted and happy with your life....ahem.  Some people cant seem to leave their 'glory days' behind them even some 20 or 30 years later and others cant seem to leave their 'not so glory days' behind them either (how long has it been?)