Author Topic: Why some deserved to be there (clarification)  (Read 7673 times)

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
Why some deserved to be there (clarification)
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2005, 06:39:00 AM »
On 2005-10-18 18:45:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Sure I needed rehab, I smoked dope 3 times in a 2 years. Maybe only Miller could save me? I'll be at his bankruptcy trail in Nov..

"

That's right, Druggie, only I could save you----sure, Straight was already up and running by the time I took the helm, but it didn't become an effective medicine for treating the disease of teen-age drug use until after I got there.  With a 94% success rate, Straight, Inc. (during my tenure) was the only hope for you druggie wastrels.

Anon, you may have smoked marijuana "only" three times, but it is a known fact that one puff of the wacky weed leads to the enslavement of addiction, inevitably followed by the descent into JAILS, INSTITUTIONS, and DEATH.  Face the facts, Anon, not only did you deserve to be in Straight, Inc., but you needed to be there in order to escape the horrible fate that you would certainly have succumbed to had we not so compassionately intervened.  Think about this, Anon.  You can thank me later, after you have purged yourself of your Druggie Will.

In closing, I want to extend my thanks in advance for your attendance at my court appearance.  It will be good to have someone there showing support for my side, I've been so disgusted by the ungrateful druggies badgering me when I show up at the courthouse.  I look forward to seeing you there, and again, thank you for the support.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2005, 08:04:00 AM »
On 2005-10-17 16:22:00, 85 Day Jerk wrote:

We DID need to have our freedoms taken away so that we could learn to appreciate them and get our lives on track.  

Thou art a Straightloving buffoon.

You really believe that shit they shoveled at Straight, don't you, Jerk?  Mm Mm! Yummy shit!

I'm very disgusted with your belief that there was anything positive about Straight.  

Oh, one more thing-----leave the word "we" out of your moronic assertions.

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2005, 09:25:00 AM »
Anon, not only did you deserve to be in Straight, Inc., but you needed to be there in order to escape the horrible fate that you would certainly have succumbed to had we not so compassionately intervened. Think about this, Anon. You can thank me later, after you have purged yourself of your Druggie Will.

:nworthy: :nworthy: :nworthy: :tup:

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2005, 10:28:00 AM »
On 2005-10-18 14:47:00, Antigen wrote:

"

On 2005-10-18 13:32:00, Carmel wrote:

How can it be if you are in a home where you are beaten or molested or neglected? Are you saying that an intervention on behalf of someone going through these things is Stepcultism? How can that be? Truly, how can it?

So you're fucked up parents wanted to help you? No, doesn't sound like it. Sounds to me asif you were responding with reasonably normal, healthy outrage and rebellion to being treated poorly. That's what they were trying to fix. That's the problem that the troubled parent industry exists to address. If you had been born a decade or so later, you might have been tagged Oppositional Defiant Disorder. Had you been born a century or more earlier, Draptomania. Still would have been bullshit.

I agree with this Ginger, the odds are that the intervention will be borne of bullshit stepcultism....but it doesnt change the idea that what is happeneing in the home is wrong and could use some changing.  I never felt as if my parents were trying to help me, admitting I was an asshole is not an admission of needing that kind of sick twisted help.

I think there needs to be a distinction here between the problem, and the so-called "resolution" that the program(s) provided.  The "resolution" was wrong, but that doesnt mean the problem doesnt merit attention.  If I am being molested, it would stand to reason that it should be stopped.  Its just very unfortunate that an intervention might come in the form of a program.

My mother was always weak and dependent....on any man that would let her be.  I suffered because she gave more of a damn about supporting them than she did me.  I didnt get shoved into the program because I was a bad seed, it was because my mother wanted me out of her hair so she could enjoy the dysfunctionality of her  realtionships un-fettered.    

Its just not unreasonable to admit the idea that there are indeed situations ( most all situations) that need "help".  Thats IS NOT to say that any brand of stepcultism or program dogma is the "help" they need.  It seems like everyone here thinks you are a blue chair pimp if you admit that there are problems that need solving.  

I think its important to retain our humanity and have faith that there has to be a better way than the way we were treated.  But there NEEDs to be a way.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2005, 10:30:00 AM »
Jesus Lord, Jerk came back to say he didn't think Straight was the right way. So what he thinks people needed their freedom taken away. I happen to disagree, but it is really not all that uncommon a sentiment. After all, aren't kids always getting grounded, etc.? It is a pretty common parenting technique. Doyo. Fuckin learn how to read. Y'all are the morons, and actually, come to think of it, I am more frightened of people like you who jump on the bandwagon of dissing Jerk when you obviously never read what he wrote. Pfffft. Go to your rooms, all of you!!! And be a LITTLE bit more careful when you vote, for fuck sake.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2005, 11:38:00 AM »
Being grounded is a whole lot different than losing all basic human rights.  I DID read what he wrote.  

Post URL: http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... rt=#139613 As to whether or not they deserved it, the people I seen in my first days there did. They were upper crust white bread punks that had gone their whole lives without a serious ass whooping. They had no values, no goals and no directions. Most went to private schools.

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... =40#141541 None of us were angels. None. We DID need to have our freedoms taken away so that we could learn to appreciate them and get our lives on track.

I saw where he restated his view on whether or not anyone needed to be there but the above quotes really show a lot too.  Sounds like he was pissed about not being part of the popular crowd and was glad to see them "get their asses whooped".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2005, 01:34:00 PM »
Again, you frighten me more than Jerk with your crap analysis. Jerk wanted to be part of the popular crowd? That was worth a laugh. Maybe I am misreading your post & it should be read as comedy.

The thing is, man, y'all are whacked jumping on his ass like that. Or whatever, he's your new whipping boy.

I think you are decontextualizing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2005, 03:05:00 PM »
But he obviously is unaware of the nature of straight as being a place so corrupt and malicious that it WOULD keep kids who had never even done drugs. That he hasn't become aware of that fact is scary.

Also that he apparently hasnn't considered the remote possibility that all the stories the kids were telling about themselves were total LIES just to get the fuck out of there. How can he not see that as much FUCKING more likely than their stories were all true??

Thats my question.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2005, 05:08:00 PM »
On 2005-10-19 07:28:00, Carmel wrote:

Its just not unreasonable to admit the idea that there are indeed situations ( most all situations) that need "help". Thats IS NOT to say that any brand of stepcultism or program dogma is the "help" they need. It seems like everyone here thinks you are a blue chair pimp if you admit that there are problems that need solving.

I think its important to retain our humanity and have faith that there has to be a better way than the way we were treated. But there NEEDs to be a way.

Right, but none of these situations are really new. What have we done to address such issues for the past 4k years or so? How did we ever survive as a race? Most of the time, I'm convinced that it's the overwhelming vast majority of cases, no formal intervention is needed or helpful. We just all go about our lives, figure things out, grow up... think sustainable, if not perfect, organic farming vs. unsustainable, toxic agrifactories.

To the Jerk, god this has gotten out of hand. I think I get what you're saying. I'll even open myself to the slings an arrows by telling you the same line of reasoning crossed my own mind while in the Program. Most of the other kids were spoiled rotten bratts who, I though, sort of did deserve to be confined, scolded and knocked down a peg or two. But I never understood at the time the serious damage that was happening to me and to others right in front of me. I never thought anybody deserved that. And it certainly wasn't helpful.

Now, as an adult, having had time to think about it more clearly, I do understand the damage. Hence my change in posture over the years from 'water under the bridge' to 'no, this is a serious problem that we need* to address.'

As to the really unfortunate kids who had real drug problems or real mental problems, I felt sorry for them even then. They were least able to let the bullshit roll off.

*in case anyone wonders, I try never to put those two words together unless I mean it litterally. We need to address the problem because it's a problem, still, maybe moreso now, to us and our own children. Not a need born of a fear of external, contrived consequences, but an actual need just like we need to make sure we can pay the heating bill this winter.

I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way.
--Robert Frost, American poet

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2005, 06:27:00 PM »
On 2005-10-10 12:59:00, 85 Day Jerk wrote:

"
One of the founders owned a radio/television station.  His name was Rahall.

I went to school with Brett Rahall (yes, in a private school, call me a spoiled brat or whatever.  I suffered more in my childhood than you could ever begin to imagine"

As to whether or not they deserved it, the people I seen in my first days there did.  They were upper crust white bread punks that had gone their whole lives without a serious ass whooping.  They had no values, no goals and no directions.  Most went to private schools.

Well, that all applies to me.  I had only smoked pot a few times, drank occasionally and in general just pissed my parents off.  They had no time to really teach me about life.  Seemed to haev left that up to their elite private school to handle that job.  That means I deserved to he in that hell hole that almost ruined my life that completely twisted my views on EVERYTHING???????????????

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2005, 06:37:00 PM »
This might settle some of the contraversy.....Jerk deserved to be there but we did not.

Jerk said it, I believe it that settles it. An no I wasn't the anonymous poster that said this before but it seemed to fit.

::bigsmilebounce::  ::rainbow::  ::rainbow::  ::rainbow::  ::troll::

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2005, 01:45:00 AM »
I have to agree with you on that Ginger...in the largest scheme of things......its a battle to overcome.  Either you survive and become more than that which you were subjected to, or you dont.  However, I still stand by the idea that a butterfly's passage can cause an earthquake across the world.  Else what are we fighting for?  

Even if we were to shut down all the programs, it doesnt mean all the victims would end up better off, given the above point of view. But our "intervention" may set in motion the very smallest of changes that would help those imprisoned to overcome. [ This Message was edited by: Carmel on 2005-10-19 22:47 ]
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2005, 09:29:00 AM »
Somebody get me a doctor.

Offline teachback

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2005, 09:55:00 AM »
But he obviously is unaware of the nature of straight as being a place so corrupt and malicious that it WOULD keep kids who had never even done drugs. That he hasn't become aware of that fact is scary.

Here's what gets me about this. NOBODY, whether they were "real druggies" or not deserved any of it.

Neither I, nor Jerk, nor anyone deserved it any more or less than some 'rich kid who hardly ever did drugs' did. No one should have been put in that place, PERIOD.

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2005, 10:12:00 AM »
I agree. NO KID deserved to be in Straight. If some of us needed "help" of some kind, thats fine....Straight just wasnt the right kind of "help" for anyone.
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell