Author Topic: weird daydream  (Read 7535 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
weird daydream
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2005, 02:44:00 AM »
Why must I be here?

That, my FRIEND, is the one question I never gave my mind the opportunity to think about...my mind was always elsewhere...since my body couldn't be free, I damn well made sure my mind was!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
weird daydream
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2005, 03:39:00 AM »
On 2002-09-25 06:38:00, ladyjerrico wrote:

"Straight in Plymouth didn't have emergancy food so to speak, we made our lunches from our host homes and brought them in. However, if we didn't make one or didn't have time, we were stuck eating "ghetto" pb and jelly. A few times lunches were brought in by host parents and there were a few times that they were short on a couple and I ended up sharing a lunch with someone, which wasn't bad. As far as "rations" we may have had some, but we wern't allowed to look in the cupboard to find out, they were off limits, so I don't know if staff had a stash or not, it seems like they didn't because if we didn't have food, it seems like we were SOL. They had some cupboard space, what was in those cupboards, I have no idea."

There were some styrofoam cups and coffee creamer in the kitchen cabinets. I remember on 2nd phase when all the 3rd-5th phasers  were at school I would have to be the one to take people to the bathroom, etc. and I used to take a newcomer named Laura to the kitchen to eat snacks. She was hypoglcymic (sp)so the nurse gave her permission to bring snacks from home and leave group every so often to eat.

Laura H. from Westland if you're out there I remember having a fun drop off at your house on a sunday playing cards. I was sad when you were pulled since I thought you were cool to hang with, but happy for you being free.
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline NoOneKnows

• View Profile
weird daydream
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2005, 08:56:00 AM »
Speaking as someone who has never been in the program, you are right. There is no way of knowing what it was like. Sad part is, shuting someone out is not the answer. Explain what you can and pray that it helps. I am the voice of experience... nothing hurts more than to be struck out at and to not know why. Don't shut him out like you did the others if you want a prayer of making it work. Try to make him see while acepting that he can't.

I still wish you well,
F.& E. A.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
weird daydream
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2005, 06:18:00 PM »
To NoOne (Im sure you saw that coming): I also "did wrong" ((shudder)) and I also apologize.  

To Druggie Friend: Thanks for the time. You're quite a sage.

To krystene: There's no link here to my email address. I remember you. I liked you.

To "anonymous" who claims that although his body wasn't free, his mind was: fuck you.

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
weird daydream
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2005, 07:24:00 PM »
Check your private messages :smile:

I noticed you had no email listed  :grin:
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline Druggie Friend

• View Profile
weird daydream
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2005, 08:54:00 AM »
On 2005-04-10 15:18:00, Anonymous wrote:

To Druggie Friend: Thanks for the time. You're quite a sage.

No, I'm not---just ask a couple of people from here who've met me in person.....
et\'s get high

Offline NoOneKnows

• View Profile
weird daydream
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2005, 02:12:00 AM »
Fishbait
I hear that your "Summer Cold" has been acting up again. Maybe you should see someone about that and get help. I hope you get better soon.

F.& E.A.

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
weird daydream
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2005, 09:25:00 PM »
yeah, i remember sitting on front row in springfield and fantasizing that an airplane would crash and that the plane would come thru the wall under the 7/12 steps. In all the commotion there would be so much panic and chaos that i could just run thru the opening in the cinder block wall and escape to freedom. Kind of a selfish, violent and insane fantasy, what with all the people that would'a' got hurt or killed  but i was young and desperate. i also remember the words to the Grateful Dead song "Sampson and Delilah" constantly runnin' thru my mind: "...if i had my way...i would tear this ol' building down".
Fuck straight, fuck all authority.
"Soul Captives are Free"-Bob Marley and the Wailers.  PEACE.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Don Smith

• View Profile
    • http://straightincalumni.com
weird daydream
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2005, 10:00:00 AM »
My fantasy's were oftened centered around escape.  I would picture myself in group, front row, suddenly darting for the door. Then I would start doing back handsprings (which I could NEVER EVER DO) and then take out both guys at the door and busting out to freedom.  

Another fanatasy involved me climbing up the i-beams and breaking out the skylights. (I have a fear of heights, so this was a pretty unrealistic fantasy too.)

I think we had these kind of fantasies to keep up from utterly going out of our minds.  Just my 2 cents.

Don
t\'s not for me to question How God will provide for my needs. I only have to Know that He will.