Author Topic: Poll about Alcoholics Anonymous  (Read 14178 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Poll about Alcoholics Anonymous
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2004, 10:18:00 PM »
There is plenty of room for disagreement on these forums.  Anon, I understand and agree with most of what you have written in this thread, but there is a way to get your point across.  Calling people losers and saying things like ". . . little fucking A.A. chips . . . " isn't gonna get your point across.  It's like yelling at a child; all they hear is the yelling and shut out the message.   Also, try and treat Art with a little dignity.  You may disagree with him, but you harsh him individually too much.  Lighten up on him.  Art sounds like a decent person to me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2004, 11:29:00 PM »
Sorry for the confusion, there are two anons here.  I haven't personally attacked Art.  I do respect him.  I've had several other debates with him that have been mutually informative.  You do have to admit though that the following is just a tad condescending.  It surely assumes a lot about my life without the benefit of actually knowing anything about me.  I made statements about AA.  I didn't make any assumptions about his life or whether or not he's actually dealing with his problems that led him to drinking abusively in the first place or avoiding them via the crutch and distraction of AA.  The drink isn't the root problem.  There are reasons why people drink to the point of abuse.  Once those are dealt with properly one can move on and actually begin the process of living life instead of having life revolve around drinking or meetings or steps.  

On 2004-11-23 14:33:00, artman11111 wrote:

"Not sure where you go to meetings or even if you do.Noone ever told me i was powerless,nor has anyone "diagnosed " me in any way

Perhaps you just havent arrived at the place where you are ready to deal with this.Perhaps you havent any problems at all.. Its not for me or anyone else to say .. its an inside job...

if you have been asked to attend meetings,or believe you need help.. then maybe you should look at why...

if you have a problem with drugs or booze.. there is a solution.

its not for those who need it... only for those who want it.For them its attainable

bless you

art"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2004, 12:11:00 AM »
There are several anons here.

Offline Tony Stark

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2004, 01:35:00 AM »
Oh yeah, namecalling is productive. I'm sure you as an american have the right to to anything you wish. Who sent you to AA anyway? The judge? I didn't start contributing to society until I got away from AA and I've got more years of it under my belt than you. As a matter of fact AA took me to a higer level of insanity. How's the coffee and the doughnuts? :wstupid:

Age is mind over matter. If you don't mind...it doesn't matter!
--  Chuck Gauran

Mine Eyes Have Seen The Glory Of the Coming Of The Lord\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2004, 02:43:00 AM »
In his prior post, Artman writes:

"if you have a problem with drugs or booze.. there is a solution.
its not for those who need it... only for those who want it.For them its attainable
bless you."

This is the exact bullshit that I am talkin about.  If someone is addicted physically to alcohol and drugs - that's one thing.  If it is a negative habit, that's another.  But, either way you are saying that the person is not in control, based on the shit that A.A. spews, when you say words like 'Problem'.  How the fuck is ANY problem out of someone's control unless they're dead or insane? The solution, Artman, is this: if drugs and booze and shit ARE a problem for you or anyone then the solution is not to do it.  If you keep doing it and you know its bad for you, well then what is the fucking mystery here?  'Come to AA and discover the mystery'. I get more spiritality from watching X Files than I do at an A.A. meeting with cult thinkers.  To say that some external force outside my own body would have more control over my mental and autonomous actions such as picking up a bottle that I unscrewed the cap off of - says that you're whacked and you REALLY do have PROBLEMS, but its not from the drink.

I think Froderik always has a way of putting things in perspective.  Since A.A. is inherently useless and benign, well I guess it serves some useful purpose like finding hot chicks to play hide the sausage.  rite on fosho.

A.A. free.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2004, 08:03:00 AM »
Hear, hear, Let us not leave out all the Gay AA meetings where they all kiss each other at the end of the meetings. Even the queers go to their own meetings.It's like another sect of AA. :eek:

Offline Tony Stark

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2004, 08:07:00 AM »
Exactly. AA also has pervets in their ranks. Who's running that show? The priests? :smokin:

Men seldom, or rather never for a length of time, and deliberately, rebel against anything that does not deserve rebelling against.

--Thomas Carlyle

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2004, 09:30:00 AM »
Perhaps you just havent arrived at the place where you are ready to deal with this.

its not for those who need it... only for those who want it.

These are some of the typical stock responses.  If someone doesn't agree with AA then that poor soul just isn't as enlightened as the AAer. :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2004, 10:04:00 AM »
Does it ever end? I could care less whether you agree with me or not.I only know what works for me.I could care less what you or anyone else may think.
This forum,and the participants are almost as nasty and mean as the Elan people.I no longer go there.I just responded to a post that i felt strongly about.you can go back to your nasty forums and i will just smile alot,as i read your posts.
god bless
art

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2004, 10:35:00 AM »
Art I did not personally attack you.  I respect that you think it works for you.  But it does seem that you can't tolerate anyone disagreeing with the AA methodology.  You've stated that it works for you and that's all that matters.  Great.  Fine.  I've stated why I think it's destructive and you come back at me with 'perhaps you're not ready to deal with this'....come on.  It's pretty much the same thing as pro-program people telling us that we're just a bunch of disgruntled druggies trying to get back at the program.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2004, 10:42:00 AM »
Besides, isn't that what this thread was started for in the first place???  I mean, it is entitled Poll About Alcoholics Anonymous.  Correct?

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2004, 01:01:00 PM »
Hey, a hot chick is a hot chick, 'tard or not...

Very well said, my good man! There's a lot to be said for women of the "tard" variety..

Offline Tony Stark

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2004, 02:52:00 PM »
Milloins may find AA to fit their agenda and if that's what they want so be it. I'm just saying I spent years in te dogma and it never helped me with anything until I had the power to sobriety through the Holy Ghost. I don't have "dry drunks", I don't need to work a program and I'm glad to leave it's misled society of drunks behind me. Just beware of your AA chapter and hope you don't go off the deep end. You might think I'm not enlightened, but as soon as I started being honest with myself without any programming I found even my blemishes on my skin to go away. If you think I was born this way and have no possible way of enlightenment, well try reality. You can't do that without our AA group? If you can't well, I'm glad they have me out of their philosophy. I'm not an alcoholic anymore, nor to I problem drink. If stress hits me hard I just deal with it through God. I have more power in a private place than an outward ceemonial church or a counter-culture mysticism tip. Either way you look at it, It's just a secular card in the deck.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-- Robert Heinlein

I am glad I am a man.

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2004, 03:02:00 PM »
On 2004-11-16 16:14:00, Sara-1984 wrote:

"My biggest problem is with the first few words of the first step of AA, or Straight, or LIFE or whatever:

"Admit we are powerless...."

Sheer Bullshit!!!

:roll: "

I concur.
b] KATHY DAVID IS A CHILD MOLESTOR[/b]
\"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up\" ~S.S

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »
On 2004-11-24 08:13:00, artman11111 wrote:

"as one of the many anon trolls,

I apologize for the baghead Art, you and I have debated before and it has not gotten into personal attacks.  For the purposes of this thread I'll be ANON X.

I can tollerate disagreeing with someone.What i wont tollerate is the bashing of a program that has done more for me than i could ever have done for myself.

By the same token I won't tolerate people extolling the virtues of a program I think is highly ineffectual and dangerous to the psyche.

This could be a useful discussion for both of us.  Ignore the posts like "AA is gay" and just pay attention to the people who AREN'T bashing but actually debating.

Anon X