Author Topic: The I and Me/The Summit  (Read 16784 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2004, 04:27:00 PM »
there were cedu survivors before bryan before mark wasserman lied to the brown schools and taught them how to fuck people up because loyalty to the cause of teen help makes taking advantge of others okay. cedu is loyal only to themselves  this line about kids caring about each other is just that a way to keep the kids locked up until they cannot coerce the state into paying for any more "emotional growth"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2004, 01:08:00 AM »
Mark Wasserman is the one who you should be venting all this anger at. There is one evil bastard.

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2004, 02:45:00 AM »
Thanks guys. (you know who I mean)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2004, 10:47:00 AM »
DARK FORCES ARE THOSE IN REJECTION?

Offline gabriellegg

• View Profile
    • http://www.Blackvictory.com
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2004, 01:41:00 AM »
but why?
It is over now.
Cedu, the part of it that mattered is gone. They killed whatever part was meaningful through their neglegence and lies.

I graduated and I see no problem with it.
quot;To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.\"
--Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2005, 04:46:00 PM »
The life boat was fucked up, let me say that one more time>> FUCKED UP!!!!!!!! What they hell is this supost to accomplish, besides making you feel like shit when you look and your friends and tell them that they die?  what the hell

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2005, 11:25:00 AM »
I have mixed feelings about CEDU. I'll admit that I was out of control and needed to be taken out of normal society. I also needed to learn how to work in some real job outside of drug dealing. But all that crazy psychobabble just drove a bunch of people insane. I think they could have done the thing right if they'd just left their egos behind and kept things real.

Offline lookatmenowbitch

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2005, 05:26:00 PM »
i also hate the summit days where we pranced around like idiots in costume in front of people who could laugh....i was the character quazimodo coz i felt ugly ...so they decided to make me ugly so they could laugh.... i am a powerful and forgiving woman my ass...i may be but up there i was below shit
broken\" children are no more than the remains of the parent who dropped them and carelessly left the peices to cut whoever tried to pick them up.
                 - noelle

Offline lookatmenowbitch

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2005, 05:28:00 PM »
i graduated..i see every problem with it... they ridicouled u to laugh... well hon its traumatizing to have that happen and i think of all people u should know if u did graduate...
broken\" children are no more than the remains of the parent who dropped them and carelessly left the peices to cut whoever tried to pick them up.
                 - noelle

Offline bountyboy88

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2005, 06:05:00 AM »
i think that the summit was the biggest bunch of pussy bullshit in the fucking worls some folks actualy creid such as isabell mile evan steve and moste of peer group 30 butt then again look at moste of my peer group the biggest bunch of kiss ass pussy sellouts in the world they kept wanting me to act like i was fucking learning shit when in reality i was day dreaming thinking of how nice it would be when i would soon be releiced from cedu to get laid drink a cold brew and smoke the moste weed iv ever smoked in my life the way i got by from day to day is i was all hopped up on caffien pills and red bulls that those idiots had no idea i was taking they actualy thought i had learned something ha then they pared me up with evan lorrel and had us feed eachouther iv never been so discusted in my whole life to have a gay guy feeding me eewwww i will say this fuck the summit and mark t and la and fuck cedu may it burn in hell oh yeh then when we were suppose to share our feelings about the summit i told evary one how i realy felt the staff were so pissed ha it was funny shit
ailorboy

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2005, 11:39:00 AM »
I am a former staff person. I will not speak of the Summit, per se, but I had an extra version that I would love to share.  I was pulled out on day 4 by Patti Doyle, former nun, and Russ Decker, no comment.  They both began to berate me for being "dirty."  I was clueless as to what the hell they were talking about.  At one point Mr. Decker said I had done something "illegal."  All I could think about was "Did I mail my car insurance payment in?" They continued to try and wear me down and get me to admit to something I hadn't done.  It was very bizarre.  Mother Superior was verbally abusing me and Mr. Decker looked like he was about to hit me.  After 4 nights of little sleep and still retaining my oppositional defiance as a significant part of my personality, I just made something up to make them happy.  At one point Ms. Doyle told me I was "The most fucked-up person" she'd ever met and I didn't even know her! How very professional!  If, indeed, I was so fucked up, the verbal beating they administered could have sent me over the edge. In any event, I kept thinking if I am an adult and being treated this way...what about the kids?!!! Better that I take their hateful heat then have them unleash it on some unsuspecting adolescent. I made it through, despite their vile false accusations and ugliness, thanks to my peer group.  To this day I do not know what the hell Doyle and Decker thought they were doing.  They both obviously have severe emotional issues of their own to deal with.  I hope they get help.
When I was in the high school in 94-98, I used to seriously joke that I was the voice of reason in RAPS, not given to yelling or carrying on with fake incriminations.  There is no point to that. However, I believed that the Middle School took a kinder, gentler approach, 2000-05.  I know I did. I treasure the friendships and relationships I made during that time.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2005, 02:17:00 AM »
former staff here. they (La) wouldn't "let" me go threw the summit.
Supposedly I was holding back on the first day of the I&Me. I didn't chime in enough or something. That was held over my head. It couldn't have been that I had nothing to say, or that I had no idea what the hell was going on with this I and me language crap. Then all the running. We didn't have to run on the quest trail or on the roads, we ran in place up stair in the hot barn with all the doors and windows closed. Ok so you run a bit then you just sit down and yell at the floor, prettend your giveing me a voice. what ever. I ran til I didn't want to any more then I sat down. no yelling.
The fights? I'm still not sure what that's about. I didn't know then and I asked after, I still don't get it.
I held up the I&Me for several hours because I refused to go back in the second day. I should have just gone home. The agreements only applied to some, not all passengers. The other staff passenger actually left to take a facilitator home and came back hours later stinking of booze. After I finally went back in I faked evey minute just to make it go away. The fantastic voyage was lame. Were you supposed to get something out of that. The best part was when you were flying and the breaze was blowing on you, it was so hot in that barn, the breeze felt good.
At the end when you get your rose the facilitator who was still talking to me (yes, the other one was "giving me space" or allienating me for holding back in the workshop and being honest in the breakroom, apparently it's not ok for staff to say how they really feel infront of students, especially if it is negative about other staff. oops.)gave me a hug and asked if I was ok, when I said no. that was the end of that and no on that was in that barn talked to me about it, ever.
anyway, I caused so much trouble after that one they always had some reason that I couldn't get into the summit. no skin off my back. I heared all about it from several folks, I don't need that warped crap in my life.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2005, 03:04:00 AM »
There was a point in my life where I could remember almost everything from my propheets and the I&Me/Summit with graphic detail.

But somewhere along the line, I think the mental version of the Department of Defense came through my brain with a big black magic marker and drew huge, fat lines through my memries, like it was some classified document, because I can hardly remember anything anymore, except for these flashes of isolated moments. Nothing ever sustained. (I chalk it up to the passage of time and getting older, I suppose.)

Like, I didn't even remember that part about the running until you just mentioned it, and I still don't remember too many details about it. Just that we did some running.

I found my old summit notebook collecting dust on a bookshelf a few years ago, and out of curiosity, I read some parts, and I was like, "I don't remember this." and "What the hell was this all about?" and "Why was I writing about this again?" I remember the big things, like the red/green game, the lifeboat/funeral, and the costume party (which was the only marginally funny thing), and that stupid urban challenge, and I remember the fighting and the mattress kicking from the I&Me. And I remember some of the "biggie" parts of the propheets, but I don't really remember my OWN experiences from them, like how I felt when it was happening to me, or looking through my own eyes as it occurred. I just remember them happening, like it was one, big dissociative episode. The rest are these large patches of white static where there once was a memory.

I don't miss them at all. Time is a great healer.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2005, 10:42:00 AM »
Many of the exercises or experiences were "borrowed" from Life Springs an old fashioned group encounter type thing.  What I take offense to is that these exercises were delivered by uneducated, inexperienced individuals who often seized the moment to grind their own axes, as referenced in the above posts.
There were a few good staff in the school who were drawn to CEDU by a desire to work with kids.  But there was no real screening process.  "Did drugs when you were younger?  Belonged to AA?  Relished indiscriminate sex?  Had unresolved issues with your family?  Then you're our man (or woman)."  Those individuals with the least amount of education and the most issues involving their personal lives and control seemed to be the cream that rose to the top, albeit very sour cream.

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2005, 11:10:00 AM »
Thank you for describing EXACTLY what I object to in terms of CEDU's fucked up therapeutic practices. Unqualified, verbally abusive staff working out their own shit on impressionable children during highly manipulative, contrived experientials.  For God's sake, they were coercing their own staff into false confessions!
This was not the exception but the norm.  And the Nun telling you that you were the most fucked up person they ever met while Russ Decker was standing right there! Wow.

This is what I don't understand. How you could stay at a place that was obviously so sick?
hanlea