Author Topic: Important Notice  (Read 22998 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Important Notice
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2004, 02:39:00 PM »
Ok, to be perfectly fair, I didn't mention Calvina Fay because I havn't heard from Englander & Fischer since I answered them back in April, as documented here:
http://fornits.com/anonanon/#fay

I don't have any solid information to even suggest that DFAF and/or E&S has anything at all to do with any legal action, whether real or imagined, that may or may not be filed. However, I have good reason to believe that this is probably not their favorite site on the net. In fact, it's probably in the top couple of hundred of favorite sites to hate.

That's just about exactly as weak as my reason for mentioning Ken into the mix. If he tries to prevent people saying certain things on his forum, then doesn't it make sense that he might, given a good oportunity, to prevent those same people from saying the same things right next door?

Hell, Dean Vause, I hear, is less than pleased with some of the things that people say about AARC. He's got money to burn. Same with the ppl who run PFC, SAFE, Growing Together, KHK, etc., all in addition to ppl affiliated with WWASP, PURE and other participants in the troubled parent industry. I guess some of them have money too. It's not asif fora where ppl express criticizm of the industry have not been blinking out of existance left and right. If they'll buy intrepidnetreporter.com and replace the old content (now found at http://intrepidnetreporters.com/ ) with the following:

You have reached a page that has been deleted or a page that has never existed. Please visit our home page to find what you are looking for - Thank You! If you reached this page by bookmark - please update it once you visit our main page.

Click Here to visit our main page for info on defiant teens and specialty schools

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Why then shouldn't I consider the possability that some of the other ppl who have expressed displeasure over some of the content here might actually follow through and try to make it go away? Especially when an opportunity like this falls in their lap?

I don't think PURE and WWASP are working together in cooperation (remember, WWASP letters to my service provider started coming in a day ahead of word of PURE v Carey and me) I think the timing is suspicious, though, and that they might have known about the threatened lawsuit and decided to take advantage of the situation in that way.

So, since my aim here is to provide a venue where everyone can speak freely, I thought it was important to let people know what's going on. This way, if I have to take the site down or if I have to censor it in some way, you all who may want to continue your conversations elsewhere have time to make arrangements to do so.

Here's one suggestion for some of the discussion that often goes on here:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&l ... .solutions

It is criminal to steal a purse. It is daring to steal a fortune. It is a mark of greatness to steal a crown. The blame diminishes as the guilt increases

--Schiller (1759-1805)

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Important Notice
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2004, 03:21:00 PM »
Ginger:
No, it really doesn't make sense at all. It is a very weak reason to persecute a guy who nobody has ever said has hurt anyone. I can't think of a weaker one. You're bringing him up constantly because you are guessing how he may feel or what he might do some day? Nobody has ever said he hurt anyone ever. In fact, a number of people including Dee have said he's a good guy who always treated people well. Something's not right here.

The reason I keep bringing him up is because you do.

Ginger Said "That's just about exactly as weak as my reason for mentioning Ken into the mix. If he tries to prevent people saying certain things on his forum, then doesn't it make sense that he might, given a good oportunity, to prevent those same people from saying the same things right next door? "

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Important Notice
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2004, 03:55:00 PM »
Ginger, your trolling your own board, sheeesh!

Offline SyN

• View Profile
Important Notice
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2004, 04:45:00 PM »
this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friends...................
remember that childhood favorite.
SyN
A word to the wise is infuriating.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Important Notice
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2004, 05:18:00 PM »
Ginger, you can try talking to the guy (I'm terrible with names and I'm blanking) from the Grateful Dead, wrote a lot of the songs, big into the EFF thing---he might help especially since you operate more or less as a common carrier---you do not censor content.

Maybe EFF can help get you in touch with an attorney who will at least be reasonable if not pro bono.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Important Notice
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2004, 05:35:00 PM »
$12500.00 anyone?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Important Notice
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2004, 10:30:00 PM »
On 2004-01-04 14:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

"$12500.00 anyone?"

Anon, the way I see it, stranger things have happened and will continue to happen as this saga plays itself out.  Best to keep an open-mind until all the cards are on the table.

:idea:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Important Notice
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2004, 10:52:00 PM »
The letters from the wwasp people seem to just be doing some damage control.  Posting allegations and mistruths does have a tendency to create that.

It really pales in comparison with what PURE is doing.  Isn't this exactly what wwasp brought them to court over in the first place.  What goes around, comes around.  Thing is that Carey seems to be posting truths, or at least excerpts from a deposition, which is public anyway.  She has her reasons for doing this, but if it's public information, then I don't see where posting it could be considered illegal or warrant a law suit.  

:oops:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Important Notice
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2004, 11:04:00 PM »
Posted: 2003-12-31 12:21:00  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, this seems to be the point where the shit hits the fan. My hosting provider has received 4 letters by courier, one of them from Spring Creek Lodge, the other three varying between requesting the removal of some postings and demanding that they discontinue hosting my websites.

Then, earlier today, I get a phone call from David Pollack, who represents Sue Scheff, asking for my home address to overnight documents related to a requested emergency injunction. I don't know exactly what they're demanding, but it has to do w/ Sue's displeasure with anyone mentioning her name and organization. He says as suite has already been filed and I might think about getting a lawyer.

At the same time, both Ken and Nazi have hinted (or stated outright) that they intend to sue me or have me arrested or investigated by DCYS or whatever.

I don't know anything more than this at this time, except that none of the parties involved in this brawl seem to want anyone talking about it outside of their control. And they seem quite determined.

So, if anyone's so inclined to pool resources to defend me or this forum against any (SLAPP?) suites or to go off into the wilds of Cyberia and continue the conversation elsewhere, now's the time.

-------------------------------------------------

Ginger, will you be able to update Fornit's readers on these issues at some later date? I am interested in knowing what people can best do to help. Just say the word.  Thanks and Good Luck!

:smokin:

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
Important Notice
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2004, 09:01:00 AM »
On 2004-01-03 00:51:00, animals all of us wrote:

"Actually, freedom of speech is just that.  I can call you a fucking weakling and that you are a rapist and that you molest babies without thought or remorse.  I can say that you and your mother enjoy passionate fucking and that the abortions you two create sure taste swell to you.  I can say ALL this without provocation from you, without need or incentive.  I can say all this without having to worry about it unless it is actually slanderous or harmful to your character or how you function societally, even if it is true.  You don't have the slightest inkling."

Well, you probably couldn't say it face to face and leave with all your teeth.....

CL

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
Important Notice
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2004, 09:15:00 AM »
Hunter is the EFF guy or at least was when I was in college. He always reponded to my email and was very helpful in some of the research that I was doing at the time. It was something about electronic privacy.

CL

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Important Notice
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2004, 11:19:00 AM »
Actually John Perry Barlow (Weir's writer) and Mitch Kapor of Lotus fame founded the EFF.

As far as I know, Hunter was never involved or if he was, isn't publicly so.

Offline Kiwi

• View Profile
Important Notice
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2004, 11:14:00 AM »
Ginger, have you actually been served with anything yet?  This thread is somewhat long on opinion and short on facts.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Important Notice
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2004, 10:32:00 PM »
Even that is uncertain, depending on the legal definition of the term "served" in the various jurisductions.

May the fleas of one thousand llamas infest your armpits
--One ticked off sysadmin

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Carey

• View Profile
Important Notice
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2004, 07:40:00 AM »
Ginger,

I have legally been served, which means you too should have been legally served.

After we spoke I started thinking this really is a good thing.  You see when we go to court we will be able to disclose all those anon's who posted claiming to not be associated with PURE.  We will also be able to disclose any postings by PURE.

The truth shall set us free!  The defaming on this site has been by the PUREst.  I am the one who has been a victim of vicious slander, not PURE.  The only thing disclosed on PURE has been the truth.