Author Topic: Bullying suicide rates on the rise  (Read 10773 times)

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: Bullying suicide rates on the rise
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 07:37:03 PM »
Quote from: "reformed12stepper"
Quote from: "Whooter"
One more generation and gay will not even be an issue.  They are gaining acceptance (and equal footing) by leaps and bounds, even in the military.  For some reason sexual orientation doesn't seem to bother people as much as color or religious affiliation differences.

On the whole I would agree with that. However in some communities, particularly religiously conservative ones, this is definitely not the case. For young people it is often difficult to remember that there is a much wider world than the one in front of you. And for many that world is pretty shit. It is also difficult for some gay people who are religious to deal with the continuous personal rejection because of feelings that do not go away.

I see what you are saying,  Orthodox Christians believe Homosexuality can be cured and is considered rebellious behavior intended to embarrass the family.  Woman who are having their period are considered unclean and therefore cannot receive the sacrament and cannot enter the church for 40 days after giving birth.  Muslims are even more restrictive and women are not allowed on the main floor of the Mosque and must listen from a balcony in the back. Homosexuality is never spoken of.  All these traditions will remain for several more generations to come.

The Catholic church has pretty much accepted homosexuality.  So I guess to revise my statement I would say within the next generation homosexuality will not be an issue for the majority of people living in the North and South America and Europe.

I feel once the majority of the people understand something  then it becomes tolerable.  Homosexuality occurs in practically every specie on earth and is part of the normal variation of life.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 03:34:54 AM »
Quote from: "reformed12stepper"
One more generation and gay will not even be an issue.  They are gaining acceptance (and equal footing) by leaps and bounds, even in the military.  For some reason sexual orientation doesn't seem to bother people as much as color or religious affiliation differences.

On the whole I would agree with that. However in some communities, particularly religiously conservative ones, this is definitely not the case. For young people it is often difficult to remember that there is a much wider world than the one in front of you. And for many that world is pretty shit. It is also difficult for some gay people who are religious to deal with the continuous personal rejection because of feelings that do not go away.

I see what you are saying,  Orthodox Christians believe Homosexuality can be cured and is considered rebellious behavior intended to embarrass the family.  Woman who are having their period are considered unclean and therefore cannot receive the sacrament and cannot enter the church for 40 days after giving birth.  Muslims are even more restrictive and women are not allowed on the main floor of the Mosque and must listen from a balcony in the back. Homosexuality is never spoken of.  All these traditions will remain for several more generations to come.

The Catholic church has pretty much accepted homosexuality.  So I guess to revise my statement I would say within the next generation homosexuality will not be an issue for the majority of people living in the North and South America and Europe.

I feel once the majority of the people understand something  then it becomes tolerable.  Homosexuality occurs in practically every specie on earth and is part of the normal variation of life.

Whooter..Where in the world has the pope declared and the Catholics declared that they have accepted homosexuality? That is incorrect info..sorry Whooter try again!
More and more accepted by this world eh? Is that why when I tried to turn to survivors for support - people that were friends of mine for years about the harsh break-up from myself and my partner I was treated just so nicely here? Is that why I had a str8 friend think I was coming onto her when I called her babe b/c she felt sick? Wow Wake up Whooter....WOW is that why kids are committing suicide because us homosexuals are so well and widely accepted. Please quit talking about what you do not know.
I am an adult  bi-sexual and still not accepted and loved by many b/c I am gay. I speak from experience , not speculation.
-DP
p.s. about this thread in general: can we discuss that some behavior problems from teens might also be caused by not being able to express themselves freely...like us gaymos as teens not being able to feel comfy about our inner feelings b/c of growing up with gay jokes in the house. Yeah I think that may cause certain gay teens to "act out" or stay away from their homes for fear of persecution etc... and then that can snowball into being charged by your parents with incoragible/runaway..and then they get sent to a program. I feel that this topic directly relates to the tti industry in many ways..Thanks for bringing this topic up, Anne!
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 09:16:47 AM »
The Catholic church has pretty much accepted homosexuality.  

They sure have.  Priests absolutely love it, but usually only if it involves the underaged boys.  This stuff coming out about what the current Pope knew and didn't do is astounding.

My head is spinning.  I'm agreeing with Whooter again.  :ftard:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline SUCK_IT

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2010, 09:21:56 AM »
Good.  Then maybe you will now admit that Whooter and Straight know what's best for you and did the right thing for you as a teenage drug addict.  it's called "getting honest" Anne and we will help you get there.
I\'m baaaack...

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2010, 09:24:22 AM »
Quote from: "Deprogrammed"
Whooter..Where in the world has the pope declared and the Catholics declared that they have accepted homosexuality? That is incorrect info..sorry Whooter try again!
More and more accepted by this world eh? Is that why when I tried to turn to survivors for support - people that were friends of mine for years about the harsh break-up from myself and my partner I was treated just so nicely here? Is that why I had a str8 friend think I was coming onto her when I called her babe b/c she felt sick? Wow Wake up Whooter....WOW is that why kids are committing suicide because us homosexuals are so well and widely accepted. Please quit talking about what you do not know.
I am an adult  bi-sexual and still not accepted and loved by many b/c I am gay. I speak from experience , not speculation.
-DP
p.s. about this thread in general: can we discuss that some behavior problems from teens might also be caused by not being able to express themselves freely...like us gaymos as teens not being able to feel comfy about our inner feelings b/c of growing up with gay jokes in the house. Yeah I think that may cause certain gay teens to "act out" or stay away from their homes for fear of persecution etc... and then that can snowball into being charged by your parents with incoragible/runaway..and then they get sent to a program. I feel that this topic directly relates to the tti industry in many ways..Thanks for bringing this topic up, Anne!

I can't imagine what it must have been like to be in Straight or a similar program as a gay person.  I remember guys being stood up and unbelievably humiliated because of their homo/bisexuality.  It was hammered into our heads that we had to "be honest" about everything and when kids actually were honest about their sexual orientation, they were practically crucified.  Then they had to go home at night to their 'oldcomer's' house and be further subjected to the humiliation.  All in the name of helping them, of course.  ::)   What a sick fucking place.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 09:38:05 AM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

They sure have.  Priests absolutely love it, but usually only if it involves the underaged boys.  This stuff coming out about what the current Pope knew and didn't do is astounding.

Many people associate homosexuality with men having sex with under aged boys but the two are not related.  You can be a homosexual and not be interested in having sex with young boys the same way as you can be a heterosexual and not have any interest in having sex with under aged girls.  These people are pedophiles and as far as I know this is an abnormal behavior which is not prevalent throughout other species.

There are priests who are gay and have relationships with other men outside the church.  Many of the parishioners are aware of this and now just accept it.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2010, 09:42:36 AM »
Quote from: "Oz girl"
Quote from: "Antigen"
Sorry for the slur to any real JWs out there, but the door knocking really does piss me off.

Crazy Mac used to keep a pair of long leather welding gloves by the door. When an evangelist or salesman would knock, he'd grab up those gloves and invite them along to feed the dogs.

I've actually thought about inviting them in and debating them.  When I was a kid, a friend's mom did that and they walked out of the house two hours later absolutely stunned.  This lady knew her scripture well and the more she studied it, the more atheistic she got.

Perhaps your friend's mum should have done what this guy did
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U58wgn-9Y3c

:cheers:  :rofl:

That old guy with the broom!!  :rofl:

"This is inappropriate.  Take us off your list"   :roflmao:

I'm seriously tempted to invite them in next time they come around.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2010, 09:52:51 AM »

Many people associate homosexuality with men having sex with under aged boys but the two are not related.  You can be a homosexual and not be interested in having sex with young boys the same way as you can be a heterosexual and not have any interest in having sex with under aged girls.  These people are pedophiles and as far as I know this is an abnormal behavior which is not prevalent throughout other species.

Yes, I'm aware of that.  I was being facetious.

There are priests who are gay and have relationships with other men outside the church.  Many of the parishioners are aware of this and now just accept it.

Eh.....I'm  not so sure about that.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2010, 09:59:14 AM »
Quote from: "Deprogrammed"

The pope was born in like 1920.  If they told him what was going on he would have a heart attack.

-DP

I didnt say that homosexuals are completely accepted in society.  I am saying (from my perspective) that their acceptance has come a long way since the 1960's and in another generation they will be almost completely integrated and accepted.  Back in the 1960's the word Gay was a slur.  They were not accepted at all and were referred to as fruit cakes or as a  birth defect of some type.  They would marry woman and have kids because that was what was accepted of men in those days.  They started having sex with each other in San Fransisco which caused the Aids Virus which proved that homosexuality was unnatural and needed to be treated like a disease.

People are still curious about homosexuals today and what makes them tick.  But they are much more open now and accepted in the business world and society in general.  Straight kids and homosexuals commit suicide, maybe not at the same rate.  Parents are more accepting of gay children than 50 years ago but they would still prefer a straight child over a gay one I would guess and that is why the kids are not open to telling their parents that they are gay and feel much more humiliated if they are outed on the internet like what happened recently.  If this were a straight kid he may still feel humiliated knowing his family may be seeing it but it would pale in comparison to a child who was having a homosexual relationship.

I didnt see you being treated badly because of your sexual orientation here on fornits.  People are treated badly here in general.  I am not gay but I am treated pretty bad at times.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2010, 10:08:35 AM »
I didnt see you being treated badly because of your sexual orientation here on fornits.  

Then you haven't been paying attention.  The words dyke, faggot & others have been thrown around towards DP, Psy and others.

Offline SUCK_IT

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2010, 10:14:31 AM »
They started having sex with each other in San Fransisco which caused the Aids Virus which proved that homosexuality was unnatural and needed to be treated like a disease.

I am always amazed at Whooter's solid grasp of history and I happen to agree with this statement a hundred percent.  As Whooter said, before the 1960's almost all gay men were married and had kids but later all those gays moved or migrated I guess you could call it, to San Francisco and began having sex with one another.  At this point there were virtually no more gays in the rest of the country.  They had all moved their families to San Francisco and began having sex with each other which created the AIDS Virus.  This was scientific proof that homosexuality was totally unnatural because the Virus was considered to be God's wrath on gays who turned away from His teachings.  After that, in the 1970's we started treating being gay as a disease and a lot of this treatment happened in early programs.  Later as programs changed and evolved they stuck to their core beliefs that they could treat homosexuality like a mental disorder and cure it.  The program I went to that has its own subforum here performed the treatment right up until they were sued out of business by some disgruntled parents who pulled their kids out of the pogram too early and then wanted their money back when the kids acted up at home.
I\'m baaaack...

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2010, 10:20:04 AM »
They started having sex with each other in San Fransisco which caused the Aids Virus which proved that homosexuality was unnatural and needed to be treated like a disease.

Wait, didn't you just say this......?

Homosexuality occurs in practically every specie on earth and is part of the normal variation of life.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2010, 10:24:49 AM »
Quote from: "SUCK_IT"
I am always amazed at Whooter's solid grasp of history and I happen to agree with this statement a hundred percent.  As Whooter said, before the 1960's almost all gay men were married and had kids but later all those gays moved or migrated I guess you could call it, to San Francisco and began having sex with one another.  At this point there were virtually no more gays in the rest of the country. They had all moved their families to San Francisco and began having sex with each other which created the AIDS Virus.

Homosexuality did not create the AIDS virus.

This was scientific proof that homosexuality was totally unnatural because the Virus was considered to be God's wrath on gays who turned away from His teachings.

How do you explain homosexuality in animals?  Are they turning away from god too?

After that, in the 1970's we started treating being gay as a disease and a lot of this treatment happened in early programs.  Later as programs changed and evolved they stuck to their core beliefs that they could treat homosexuality like a mental disorder and cure it.  The program I went to that has its own subforum here performed the treatment right up until they were sued out of business by some disgruntled parents who pulled their kids out of the pogram too early and then wanted their money back when the kids acted up at home.

This new Max/SUCK IT has got to be a joke.

Offline SUCK_IT

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2010, 10:38:20 AM »
Gosh, everything you don't agree with has to be riduculed here.  We learned at the program about how being gay was a disease or sometimes just a choice in an otherwise normal person who had not yet accepted God or who was sinning.  The program was able to treat these problems.  When we had gay kids in our groups we would be told by the counselor to "run our anger" about how the gay kid was ruining his life and destroying his parents and we did.  We would help these gay kids by shouting at them and telling them to change and get honest so they could get away from being homosexual.  I have to admit that sometimes this was uncomfortable like when the kids would start to cry or something but we were told to keep at it until they learned that being gay was wrong and hurtful.  Eventually we would all be able to explain to them and get them to change but a lot of it was how the counselors facilitated this communication that made it so effective.  I think we all learned a lot from it.  And to the original point, it was therapeutic.
I\'m baaaack...

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2010, 10:41:12 AM »
Be proud to be gay, my friend.