Author Topic: Bullying suicide rates on the rise  (Read 10736 times)

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
Re: Bullying suicide rates on the rise
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2010, 06:48:12 PM »
Quote from: "Son Of Serbia"
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Anne wrote:
I'm not twisting it, I'm responding to the pertinent statements. Occasionally  I'll tweak it to make fun, but I make it pretty obvious so that it's apparent that it's a joke. If you can't take that, then you're not the internet tough guy I thought you were.

I, need "you" to stop saying this, "Internet Tuff Guy", it really was not me during that period of time. Oh, Yes, I had a few things to say but all in all it wasn't me. Now that does not mean I don't take responsibility for comments made under my username, I do. I am just not that tuff nor want to be, to old sister.
I only get tuff when I talk with Ginger and Ursus and then it is hard to maintain it.
I am just as sensitive as the next guy/gal.
Now, do I love to banter and debate, sure do. Usually like it with a slight sarcasm to it, like you do it. Love it.
I know, I am admitting to being a bit skewed.

Totally programmed, delusional, fucking whack-job is a far more accurate description
of you Danny B II.   :twofinger:

and what did this have to do with you and your vulgar mouth. Please stay on topic.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2010, 06:50:42 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Quote from: "none-ya"
Make of this as you will. Anybody know of the trevor project?
I'll start googling now. I just wanted to put this up here.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20 ... -own-lives

Interesting link.  While I can't say that I support kids being gay - I certainly don't want them committing suicide because of it!  Hopefully this new initiative does some good for this particular group of at-risk kids.

What do you mean by support them?  Its not like they have a choice to be gay or not.

Thank you Whooter, it has never been a choice for gays. More people need to understand this. Once they do the attacks will subside.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2010, 07:23:44 PM »

Interesting link.  While I can't say that I support kids being gay - I certainly don't want them committing suicide because of it!  Hopefully this new initiative does some good for this particular group of at-risk kids.

What do you mean by support them?  Its not like they have a choice to be gay or not.

Thank you Whooter, it has never been a choice for gays. More people need to understand this. Once they do the attacks will subside.

This is an entirely unrelated topic from the thread at hand.  But personally, I'm not 100%
convinced of this.  Many people I'm sure are born gay, while some people I believe turn to it
because they are curious and/or confused, and for others it could be a learned behavior based on the environment they grew up in (ie: gay parents).  I don't know what the cause is for sure, and I don't think anyone conclusively does - not even Gay people themenselves. It really doesn't matter to me why people are Gay - because I'll never understand that particular lifestyle anyway.

In any event, I do wholeheartedly agree that people should NOT be persecuted or bullied for being gay.  It has nothing to do with whether or not people choose to be gay, or whether being gay is morally right or wrong, because all of that is irrelevant - people will believe whatever they want to.   But none of us have any right to pass judgement on or to condemn Gay people.  Only God can do that - that's his job, not mine, yours, or anyone elses.  That's just how I see it.

I'm glad that this initiative exists to help Gay kids.  Life is a horrible thing to waste, and certainly confusion (or non-confusion) about one's sexuality is no reason for taking your own
life.  I hope these at-risk kids get all of the help that they need.  God Bless Them.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2010, 07:31:39 PM »

This is an entirely unrelated topic from the thread at hand.  But personally, I'm not 100%
convinced of this.  Many people I'm sure are born gay, while some people I believe turn to it
because they are curious and/or confused, and for others it could be a learned behavior based on the environment they grew up in (ie: gay parents).  I don't know what the cause is for sure, and I don't think anyone conclusively does - not even Gay people themenselves. It really doesn't matter to me why people are Gay - because I'll never understand that particular lifestyle anyway.

In any event, I do wholeheartedly agree that people should NOT be persecuted or bullied for being gay.  It has nothing to do with whether or not people choose to be gay, or whether being gay is morally right or wrong, because all of that is irrelevant - people will believe whatever they want to.   But none of us have any right to pass judgement on or to condemn Gay people.  Only God can do that - that's his job, not mine, yours, or anyone elses.  That's just how I see it.

I'm glad that this initiative exists to help Gay kids.  Life is a horrible thing to waste, and certainly confusion (or non-confusion) about one's sexuality is no reason for taking your own
life.  I hope these at-risk kids get all of the help that they need.  God Bless Them.

Thanks for clearing that up, Serbia, it wasnt clear to me what you meant.

Offline Eliscu2

• New World Order
    • View Profile
nothing
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2010, 09:47:21 PM »
:poison:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 10:01:34 AM by Eliscu2 »
WELCOME TO HELL!

Offline SUCK_IT

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2010, 09:20:30 AM »
It has nothing to do with monkeys, Eliscu2.  Once more we will have to turn to the smarter among us to properly explain how the AIDS virus got started.  Try to understand this so we can move on.

(Gays) started having sex with each other in San Fransisco which caused the Aids Virus which proved that homosexuality was unnatural and needed to be treated like a disease.

Now do you understand?  Gays started having sex with eachother in San Fran and that caused the AIDS virus and proved homosexuality was unnatural and a disease.  If you have any questions, ask Whooter.  He seems to have the best understanding of gay issues and science.
I\'m baaaack...

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2010, 10:11:21 AM »
Anne wrote:
I'm not twisting it, I'm responding to the pertinent statements. Occasionally  I'll tweak it to make fun, but I make it pretty obvious so that it's apparent that it's a joke. If you can't take that, then you're not the internet tough guy I thought you were.

I, need "you" to stop saying this, "Internet Tuff Guy", it really was not me during that period of time. Oh, Yes, I had a few things to say but all in all it wasn't me. Now that does not mean I don't take responsibility for comments made under my username, I do. I am just not that tuff nor want to be, to old sister.
I only get tuff when I talk with Ginger and Ursus and then it is hard to maintain it.
I am just as sensitive as the next guy/gal.
Now, do I love to banter and debate, sure do. Usually like it with a slight sarcasm to it, like you do it. Love it.
I know, I am admitting to being a bit skewed.

Ummmmm, what?  Once again, I have no idea what you're attempting to convey.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2010, 10:13:28 AM »
Quote from: "Eliscu2"
AIDS IS A CURSE FROM GOD FOR HAVING GAY SEX...
I WANA KNOW WHO SCREWED AN MONKEY? :beat:

::OMG::

What. The. Fuck.  You're not serious, right?

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline SUCK_IT

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2010, 10:22:11 AM »
Already answered that one, Anne.  Once again your freaking out over something that is a non-issue.

Quote from: "SUCK_IT"
It has nothing to do with monkeys, Eliscu2.  Once more we will have to turn to the smarter among us to properly explain how the AIDS virus got started.  Try to understand this so we can move on.

(Gays) started having sex with each other in San Fransisco which caused the Aids Virus which proved that homosexuality was unnatural and needed to be treated like a disease.

Now do you understand?  Gays started having sex with eachother in San Fran and that caused the AIDS virus and proved homosexuality was unnatural and a disease.  If you have any questions, ask Whooter.  He seems to have the best understanding of gay issues and science.
I\'m baaaack...

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2010, 10:28:48 AM »
This guy is a perfect example of part of the problem.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.c ... p?ref=mblt

Top Evangelical David Barton: Maybe Government Should 'Regulate Homosexuality'

David Barton, an evangelical and social conservative well known for his somewhat revisionist history and appearances on Glenn Beck's show, yesterday took the opportunity on his radio show to ask that age-old question: "Why don't we regulate homosexuality?"

Barton was talking about the government's involvement in the health of the American people: "We have a Department of Health and Human Services; we have health care bills; we have health insurance and we're trying to stop all unhealthy things so we're going after transfats and we're going after transparency in labeling to make sure we get all the healthy stuff in there."

He continued:

So if I got to the Centers for Disease Control and I'm concerned about health, I find some interesting stats there and this should tell me something about health.

Homosexual/bi-sexual individuals are seven times more likely to contemplate or commit suicide. Oooh, that doesn't sound very healthy.

Homosexuals die decades earlier than heterosexuals. That doesn't sound healthy.

Nearly one-half of practicing homosexuals admit to 500 or more sex partners and nearly one-third admit to a thousand or more sex partners in a lifetime.

So, he concluded: "I mean, you go through all this stuff, sounds to me like that's not very healthy. Why don't we regulate homosexuality?"

Full transcript and audio here. http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/d ... on-gay-sex

Barton, as we've reported, is president of WallBuilders, a group that pushes a Christian-themed interpretation of American history. He appeared as an "expert" witness in the Texas Board of Education textbook hearings. He is a frequent guest on Glenn Beck's program, and was even one of the "professors" at Beck University, Glenn Beck's online university, where he talked about the influence of clergy members in the writing of the Declaration of Independence.

But he's got some pretty strong roots in politics as well. He served as the chair of the Texas GOP, campaigned with Florida Senate nominee Marco Rubio (R), launched an effort with Newt Gingrich on behalf of Sharron Angle in Nevada, and stumped for John McCain in 2008.

Rick Green, his co-host on the radio show and a fellow WallBuilders advocate, is a former Texas legislator who ran (and lost) in the primary for the state's Supreme Court this year.

Offline SUCK_IT

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2010, 10:39:02 AM »
Homosexual/bi-sexual individuals are seven times more likely to contemplate or commit suicide. Oooh, that doesn't sound very healthy.

Homosexuals die decades earlier than heterosexuals. That doesn't sound healthy.

Nearly one-half of practicing homosexuals admit to 500 or more sex partners and nearly one-third admit to a thousand or more sex partners in a lifetime.

So, he concluded: "I mean, you go through all this stuff, sounds to me like that's not very healthy. Why don't we regulate homosexuality?"

I see nothing wrong with this at all, Anne.  This is one of the primary reasons programs exist.  We all know gay kids from our programs that were forced to change and be straight for their own good.  Just look at the numbers above.  If the program couldn't make a gay kid straight then that kid would be even more at risk than other teens who are off track and not flourishing at home or traditional boarding schools.
I\'m baaaack...

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2010, 10:46:48 AM »

Offline SUCK_IT

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2010, 10:48:37 AM »
Hah, Even Frodie gives me a ten on the Truth O Meter, Anne.  At least he has the good sense to understand what I'm saying.
I\'m baaaack...

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2010, 10:57:47 AM »
Hah, Even Frodie gives me a ten on the Truth O Meter, Anne.  At least he has the good sense to understand what I'm saying.

Suckit, you are the best example any of us could have hoped for to demonstrate the dangers of the kind of thought reform practiced in those places.  For all of you parents out there reading this, Suckit is a proud program GRADUATE.  This is the kind of maturity and values those programs will install.  If you want your kid to be a sadistic, dogmatic sociopath then by all means follow the advice of Whooter and Suckit, just don't be surprised a few years later if your child, now a legal adult, tells you they want nothing to do with you anymore, have a nice life.   We here at Fornits tried to warn you.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 11:03:16 AM by Shadyacres »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2010, 10:58:31 AM »
Truth O Meter

:rofl: