Author Topic: Sunset Bay Academy mother is looking for her son  (Read 9322 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Sunset Bay Academy mother is looking for her son
« on: October 02, 2009, 08:24:36 AM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
"sunset bay academy will not release my son"
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 09:27:17 PM »
So this is Sunset Bay Academy, aka Seaside Academy, aka Oceanside Teen Center, aka Oceanside Academy. Perhaps also even Pacific Coast Academy.

"My son needs two classes to graduate which totals to 4 credits."[/list]
    Betcha WWASPS is gonna try to stretch that into a year and a half.

—•?|•?•0•?•|?•— —•?|•?•0•?•|?•— —•?|•?•0•?•|?•—

sunset bay academy will not release my son
    Posted in the San Ysidro Forum

Trenise Brown Ellicott City, MD
    #1 Wednesday Sep 23
      September 21, 2009
      To whom this may concern,
      My name is Trenise Brown and I’m the mother of Aaron Brown. I need assistance with getting my son out of a boot camp called Sunset Bay Academy formally known as Seaside Academy, Pacific View Academy, and Oceanside Teen Center in Rosarito Mexico. His father, Tory Brown told me that this school was in San Ysidro, Calif. Once Aaron missed school I had agreed with his father that he attend this school. I faxed a letter to Sunset Bay Academy stating that I give permission to have my son attend their school.I received a call from my son on Wednesday morning Sept 16th that he had been awaken out of his sleep at 3am and drugged in a car and taken to Mexico. My son was frantically crying and begging me to get him out of here. I called his father and his father said yes the school is in Rosarito Mexico. I signed and faxed this letter under false pretenses. I had no idea and believed the school to be at 641 E San Ysidro Blvd PMB# 828 San Ysidro, CA 92173. The physical address of the school is CENTRO DE BIENESTAR FAMILIAR S DE RL DE CV CALLE TIJUANA #601, COLONIA MACHADO
      CP. 22701, PLAYAS DE ROSARITO, BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO.This school is part of an organization called WWASP, President Ken Kay, ran multiple academies for trouble teens mainly those in and out of jail and with severe troubling issues with the law and fighting authority not ones who recently decided to drop out of school. My son needs two classes to graduate which totals to 4 credits. These academies have been shutdown, all but one, Sunset Bay Academy recently named Oceanside in June 2009. This is not the first time the name was changed and claimed to have moved but all the pictures look like the same hotel. Previous teens have stated they can’t believe this facility is still open and there are many blogs speaking about WWASP and its Level 6 program. This facility is known to have stayed in the same location but continues to change their mailing address any makes their website look more welcoming each time. WWASP is located in Utah, US and has many academies located in the US that are more trusted than the ones ran in Mexico and Jamaica.
      I called the facility may of times border line harassment to get information on what was going on with my son and wanting to speak with him. I was denied every time I called to speak with him. I spoke with Claudia Sanchez who is the Communication Director and she informed me that I could not speak or see or speak with my child. I then called and spoke with Lilly M. Dena and she sent me an email on Sept 16 with their facilities handbook, directions, and academy information. I have attached info to this email. They have a 3 month program where he can’t call or communicate until he works up to those privileges. I beg of you to assist me with finding out if my son is being tortured, harmed, sleeping, or eating properly. I do plan to go to this facility to pick up my son. I bought him and airline ticket for this pass Saturday and they stopped taking my calls and won’t let anyone get any information on him except for Tory Brown his father.
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    Re: Sunset Bay Academy mother is looking for her son
    « Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 03:43:56 AM »
    How was your husband able to get him across the border without a visa?   it illegal for a parent to remove a minor who is a US citizen from the country without written consent of the other parent...you need a really good lawyer, preferably one who speaks Spanish...they are so corrupt down there you may be able to bribe a local cop to get him out.  You may also have trouble getting him back into the country without a passport.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    Oceanside Academy
    « Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 11:20:09 AM »
    Doing a Search for "Oceanside Academy," I landed on the following MerchantCircle page. I knew I had the right place when I saw the prominent ad for West Ridge Academy!  :D

—•?|•?•0•?•|?•— —•?|•?•0•?•|?•— —•?|•?•0•?•|?•—

Oceanside Academy
    Oceanside 34 Palomar St
    Chula Vista, CA 91911
    800-793-5156

Merchant Information

Oceanside is located just a little over 20 miles south of San Diego, California, near the seaport town of Rosarito, Mexico. The setting is beautiful, peaceful, and conducive to change. Oceanside is specifically designed to help teens replace inappropriate attitudes, behaviors, and habits while at the same time excel academically. Oceanside is ideally located as it offers the benefits of a foreign site, with easy access to the U.S. At Oceanside, students are enriched and effectively impacted by a unique cultural experience in Mexico’s warm, simple surroundings. Students learn Spanish, which further enhances the process of change.

The benefits of a foreign site are numerous. First, the students are put into an entirely new environment, away from the negative friends and influences that have adversely affected their lives. Second, the teens discover that they are in an unfamiliar culture. As a result, the teens tend to be much more teachable and open to change and direction. Third, a foreign experience helps broaden the teen’s insight, awareness and perspective. Fourth, a foreign setting is much more impacting and instills a greater appreciation for home and family. Fifth, not only do the teens get the help they need, but a valuable foreign experience that they will likely remember and appreciate the rest of their lives. Additionally, due to the greater value of the U.S. dollar in Mexico, Oceanside can provide its services at a significant reduction of cost to families. All of these reasons make Mexico an excellent option for teens needing to make changes in their lives.

Main Website: http://prhoptions.com/oceanside.html

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 12:40:39 PM »
    Almost all the advice given in this thread is inaccurate. Don't let that stop you though! Someone needs to email this woman and bring her to the party.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    Sunset Bay Academy
    « Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 04:44:54 PM »
    Well... it sure looks like a hotel (reputedly the former Hotel Camino Inn in Rosarito?)...

From Sunset Bay Academy's website:

SBA Basketball Team vs. SBA Staff

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 05:03:52 PM »
    Quote from: "Eliscu2"
    How was your husband able to get him across the border without a visa? it illegal for a parent to remove a minor who is a US citizen from the country without written consent of the other parent...you need a really good lawyer, preferably one who speaks Spanish...they are so corrupt down there you may be able to bribe a local cop to get him out. You may also have trouble getting him back into the country without a passport.

The laws were just changed and you need a passport now to enter or leave Mexico and Canada from the U.S. borders.
    As far as bribing goe's, the officials in the area are probably already bribed to protect and leave them alone.

If the child is a minor then it is still illegal for one parent to take him or her out of the country without written (and, I think properly notarized) consent of the other parent.  Like I said she needs a really good attorney

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 05:34:13 PM »
    Quote from: "Guest"
    If the child is a minor then it is still illegal for one parent to take him or her out of the country without written (and, I think properly notarized) consent of the other parent. Like I said she needs a really good attorney
    Tragically, she did give her written consent, albeit under false pretenses:

Quote from: "Trenise Brown"
    ...His father, Tory Brown told me that this school was in San Ysidro, Calif. Once Aaron missed school I had agreed with his father that he attend this school. I faxed a letter to Sunset Bay Academy stating that I give permission to have my son attend their school.I received a call from my son on Wednesday morning Sept 16th that he had been awaken out of his sleep at 3am and drugged in a car and taken to Mexico. My son was frantically crying and begging me to get him out of here. I called his father and his father said yes the school is in Rosarito Mexico. I signed and faxed this letter under false pretenses. I had no idea and believed the school to be at 641 E San Ysidro Blvd PMB# 828 San Ysidro, CA 92173...
    The father told her this school was in California. She faxed a statement giving her permission that her son attend this school to an address in California.

Unfortunately, the school itself is NOT in California.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 06:55:38 PM »
    I would have to read the letter she faxed to know for sure but it does not sound like she gave her consent for her son to leave the country.  The "school" may have gotten immigrations to interpret it that way but my understanding is that in order to take a minor child out of the country there has to be specific wording to that effect.  Again:  the woman needs a really good attorney who speaks and understands Spanish.  Maybe a call to immigration, Mexican Consulate and the American Ambassador to Mexico.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    Oceanside Academy marketing sites
    « Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 11:36:00 PM »
    Oceanside Academy aka Oceanside Teen Center is marketed via the following websites (amongst others, undoubtedly). It would appear those pics are the same as those for Sunset Bay Academy?

Teen Help: http://troubledteenoptions.com/oceanside.html
      Parent Resource Hotline: http://prhoptions.com/oceanside.html
      Cross Creek Admissions: http://www.ccpadmissions.com/oceanside.html[/list]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
      « Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 11:45:55 PM »
      Mom, you are not going to take any of these antisocial, narcissistic drug abusers advice are you.   As far as sneaking across the border, Ursus has been borderline for most of her life.  These other little Conduct disorders never made it in programs because they were to damn spoiled and their parents yanked them out and bought to new cars and in Toughlove parlance were rescuer rangers.

Sounds like you are a little bit of a rescuer rabbit.  Do you have any evidence of criminal child abuse.  Ursus would consider telling a kid to pick up their toys child abuse.  You are having the proverbial blind lead the blind.

You are looking for rational direction from wounded emotionally disordered folks who can't even operate in society.   Get the facts and get off of this site, it is pure poison.

FP

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
      « Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 11:50:44 PM »
      Quote from: "Fritz Pearls"
      Mom, you are not going to take any of these antisocial, narcissistic drug abusers advice are you.   As far as sneaking across the border, Ursus has been borderline for most of her life.  These other little Conduct disorders never made it in programs because they were to damn spoiled and their parents yanked them out and bought to new cars and in Toughlove parlance were rescuer rangers.

Sounds like you are a little bit of a rescuer rabbit.  Do you have any evidence of criminal child abuse.  Ursus would consider telling a kid to pick up their toys child abuse.  You are having the proverbial blind lead the blind.

You are looking for rational direction from wounded emotionally disordered folks who can't even operate in society.   Get the facts and get off of this site, it is pure poison.

FP
      It sounds as though Miss Pearl has fallen off her wagon tonight.   :D
      I do hope she feels okay by tomorrow morning.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
      « Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 12:00:38 AM »
      Ursus, why don't you give the kind mother a run down on your rap sheet.  First tell her what your drug history is, what the primary diagnosis was that put you in a program, how you did in the program and whether there are references she could get about your behavior in your program.   Also let her know what you are doing now with your life other than trying to give advice when you have no background education or credibility, only hate for all programs and resentments for all program staff in all programs.

If this mother is getting advice from you, you should be a little more transparent as far as your credibility and background.  

You never seem to want to come clean.  I believe you are an older woman, likely with some emotional disorders, but please get a license and some education before you try to give clinical advice to this mother who's son was not placed in the school for missing sunday school.

How about it Ursus, give us just a little about your treatment history, or I would hope this mother would dismiss you without further adieu.

Fritz

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
      « Reply #13 on: October 04, 2009, 12:12:57 AM »
      Quote from: "Fritz Pearls"
      Ursus, why don't you give the kind mother a run down on your rap sheet.  First tell her what your drug history is, what the primary diagnosis was that put you in a program, how you did in the program and whether there are references she could get about your behavior in your program.   Also let her know what you are doing now with your life other than trying to give advice when you have no background education or credibility, only hate for all programs and resentments for all program staff in all programs.

If this mother is getting advice from you, you should be a little more transparent as far as your credibility and background.  

You never seem to want to come clean.  I believe you are an older woman, likely with some emotional disorders, but please get a license and some education before you try to give clinical advice to this mother who's son was not placed in the school for missing sunday school.

How about it Ursus, give us just a little about your treatment history, or I would hope this mother would dismiss you without further adieu.

Fritz
      Lol, Miss Pearl, just keep them coming! It sure livens up a Saturday night! Where in this thread did I give advice? Did I tell you I am a hermaphrodite, who was strung out on snorting cinnamon? And that I have a rap sheet a half mile long for impersonating the Power Rangers and Mr. Magoo in algebra class? Alternate weeks; this is why I have such compelling identity crises. As a child I dismantled my father's lawnmower, and installed select parts in my mom's sewing machine!  :rofl:   They've never forgiven me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
      « Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 12:14:48 AM »
      http://http://gomexico.about.com/od/entryrequirements/f/kids_entry.htm

It doesn't seem like there is anything set in stone regarding a visit to Mexico. They may check, they may not, or they may just wave you through because they don't care. You pass through Mexican customs to get into the country, and you pass through American customs to get into America. It would be impossible to say that it would be impossible to get a kid over the Mexican border.

Particularly if the father had a permission slip, even if it was a bullshit one.