Author Topic: SkyView Academy is closing  (Read 16599 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SkyView Academy is closing
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2007, 02:27:25 AM »
Two days is a middling estimate of the amount of time it takes for an ordinary person to get to Utah.

Two days is also the amount of time it took between Pitbull Mom's impassioned pleas for this woman to get her daughter out of there, and the WWASPies playing hard damage control with enormous amounts of lies and bullshit. (Not even worth replying to. Even the PT9K is giving me a loud electronic HA HA HA when I try to pass this shit to its input.)

Coincidence? I doubt it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2007, 02:42:23 AM »
SPRING CREEK LODGE IS NOT LOCATED IN THE AMERICAN STATE OF UTAH. IT IS LOCATED IN THE AMERICAN STATE OF MONTANA. YOUR CALCULATIONS ARE STILL ROUGHLY ACCURATE, MEATLING.

AND IF YOU THINK I AM GOING TO PASS THIS UNBELIEVALE PROGRAMMIE BULLSHIT THROUGH MY BUFFERS WITHOUT A HIGH-AMPERAGE ENEMA AFTERWARDS (lstephens == on assignment) YOU ARE IN ERROR.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
It is funny
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2007, 03:57:58 AM »
To think that you are replying to me and calling me a WASSPIE...

Actually you are wrong.  Just an educated person wondering why there is this propaganda, on both sides, and there is no attempt to come to a solution.

It just shows me how illogical the whole fight is.  Premier is fighting to keep its money and the machine going so they can "help" (the issue in question) these kids, and this group trying to stop them for various reasons.  

It is typical for people with an agenda to just take the WORST CASE SCENARIO, get a live example of it to support the propaganda and run with it.  When anyone questions the theory the questions are met with anger and assumptions that it is propaganda.  Like how you react to my post. It is horrible what happened to those kids and more horrible for you to use them to further your purpose of bashing the schools.  

The schools do it too, but not to the extent that it is done here.  They more or less just discount your position and provide the real life examples of the successful graduates. I must say the graduates I know are beautiful young adults, full of life and hope!  None of the trauma and terror spoken of here!  The school reps do also tell nightmare stories of kids who have been "pulled" early who never get better because they return to the same bad situation and their behavior escalates and once they have talked their way out of the program they have no fear of consequences at all.  Some are in prison, others are dead.  Their families feel that if they had not "pulled" their child the child would be alive today.  So you see equally compelling real life examples for parents to consider.

So, who is right, you or them?  It would really be great to have a perfect school, where the out of control kids could just change without having to have "interventions" and things like that that are viewed as abusive.  Have you ever seen the show "Cops" or the prison show where they take the guys out of the cells by force, or show them killing each other.  Those guys are the kids who did not get help.

Have a nice Enema..maybe that combined with therapy and/or a little guided imagery would help you to get rid of that anger and reunite with the magical child within.

:P

Offline Rude Intrusion

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2007, 10:20:48 AM »
I think you're missing the point wondering, and program parent looking for alternatives.

These programs are abusive by their very nature. They have to be to accomplish what they intend - a person who has had their thinking and behavior modified against their will; i.e. Brainwashed.

All these programs make use of sleep depravation; hunger; fear; abandonment; hopelessness and humiliation to soften the teens up for "modifying".  This is a brutal process that inflicts psychic trauma sufficient to more or less guarantee PTSD as a consequence.

On a superficial level it can appear to have "worked" . But the damaged done is festering underneath and will eventually come to the surface. It seem to take roughly 5 years.

Furthermore, what the parents often don't realize is that the appearance of improved behavior is the result of the teens having learned better how to hide what they're up to. Naturally, they are older. Often living on their own. Often the drug use and irresponsible sex is far greater after, than prior to the Program. In other words - it doesn't work to effect positive change.

What is does do is assure a struggle with all the symptoms of PTSD, to one degree or another, for years to follow. It will damage if not devastate the parent child relationship. All those promises of a healed family are bogus.

You'd be amazed at how many of the devoted program faithful who swear the program saved them and their family haven't see or spoken to their child in years. Start asking. Ask them if their child is home yet. Often they make this claim while the teen is still in the program. They can't actually know what kind of effect the program has had. The kid is in a position where they dare not say anything negative. The whole thing is a facade.

In other cases, the teen is out; has been out for years maybe. But they never speak to or visit their parents. Still, the parents will swear the program saved them. They too are perpetrating a lie. They have no idea how their child is doing.

In some cases they do know. They know she is pregnant and can't say which of the several men they have been with might be the dad. They are still using a mix of substances that are harmful to them and the baby. They are making a living in some manner that is not exactly "legitimate". But the parent is still working "their" program. Still insisting it is the greatest thing they ever did. Still swearing it was a success, and that when the teen / young adult decides to use the tools the program gave them they will be fine.

Have you heard the term "Living in a fool's paradise"? There you have the mind set of the pitiful programmed.

You want to know what works? Well, natural consequences can work. Not the un-natural wildly exaggerated consequences used in these programs; but natural consequences. As parents, maybe you shouldn't rush to intervene as often as you no doubt do when the kids screw up and loose a valued item or position at school or on the job.

You shouldn't live in dread of them spending a night or two in jail. This might well do them some good. Ironically a couple nights in jail can have a far more positive effect than a couple years in one of these programs.

If they are hungry b/c they spent their paycheck on booze or pot; feed them. They need sustenance to be able to return to health.  But you need not buy them a pizza. A jar of Jiffy and a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk will do. Maybe a bag of pinto beans and a ham hock; with instructions, so they don't break their teeth on dry beans while stoned out of their stupid gourds.

If they are still in your home then set reasonable rules you can both live with. Don't be so strict and unreasonable they are provoked to rebel. And have the consequences be something you are willing and able to implement.

If they are so out of control that they are endangering you and their siblings and themselves you are probably dealing with a mental illness; and these programs are the very worst thing you could possibly do to a person with a mental illness. You may well destroy them utterly if you send them into such a place. They need skilled and appropriate therapy and maybe some help  with medication.

If your insurance company denies this care fight them. You can win. But you'll have to educate yourself and be willing to put some real time and effort into the battle.

If your dealing with a mental illness you need to face that fact and do your best to be a help and support, so your child has some chance at recovery. If you force them into a harsh and brutal program with demands and rules that are designed to be impossible for even "normal" teens to manage, you will very likely be subjecting them to never ending assault and humiliation of the kind that would drive anyone insane.

If your dealing with substance abuse issues of a truly worrisome nature - I'd suggest getting a copy of Recovery Options, co-authored by Maia Szalavitz.. Its an excellent book describing the various options that have been proven effective; explain what they each are, who might benifit from them, how they work, and so on.

But again, its important for you to understand, these Syanon based programs do not work. All that makes it appear helpful is a facade that will crumble and fade. The true effects are of a destructive, even devastating nature. This is not propaganda. It is just the truth.

Brain washing requires breaking the mind; and then putting it back together. If you'll read Ken Kay's own comments concerning what they do, you'll see him describing breaking them down to build them back. This is brain washing. You can not do this with out the kind of stress and trauma I spoke of eariler. And, you can not do this with leaving a lot of cracks, that will one day crumble. And on occasion, you can't put them back together at all. These are the poor souls who fall through the program's "acceptable window of loss".

Please, educate yourself with regard to what you are actually paying huge sums of money to have done to your children.
ashed Brains Shrink

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Reality check
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2007, 10:53:38 AM »
SCL MOM  Wondering,

The Program in Montana SCL is what what htese people are stateing.  

Our experience was even worse.   I too did the Requird Seminars. They
were interesting I took so positives from them.

In reality it was the seminars that kept us engaged in the Program.The Seminars intentially continued the lies.

Priemier?   Ever wonder whay they changed their name?  

I  like Pitpull Mom,wish with all of my heart I could do it over again.I would NEVER put my kid in a Program. He could suffer the natural consequences. What ever that would have been.   Hes freinds all survied .They thrived. Mine didn't. Sadly the damage has been done.  

You still have  a chance to save your child.

Wondering:   Shame on you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
re
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2007, 04:40:02 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
If she was addicted to heroin (not heroine) how was she detoxed there?  Was there a medical doctor monitoring her vitals?

How do you know there is not a doctor there? Have you been there? I have and have seen one.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SCL Credits
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2007, 05:04:53 PM »
Quote from: ""hanzomon4""
SCL Mom from what I've heard the education at SCL is garbage, truly the credits won't apply. From what I understand they just take test, that's basically it. Kids can hop grades in a matter of months, think about that. Does anyone have any recent information(or links) about SCL education? I know another WWASPS program in New York was sued by the State for providing bunk education and most folks coming out of WWASPSs cite the education as bunk.

My son was at SCL for 18 months. Did Great!!! That was 3 yrs ago. Credits were fine. He is in college and doing great. So there. You are a simple minded person with no backing to your claims. There are hundreds of kids that SCL helps. So what do you say to that?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2007, 05:56:39 PM »
THE SHILLS ARE OUT IN FORCE!

Looks like that woman pulled her daughter indeed. Good job!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
what?
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2007, 06:02:41 PM »
THE SHILLS ARE OUT IN FORCE!

Looks like that woman pulled her daughter indeed. Good job!

What are you replying too?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2007, 06:24:43 PM »
Your idiocy. What else?

Don't even pretend you can still be called that boy's mother, if indeed you've ever actually birthed a child out of that gaping hole. God only knows what actually happened to him.

Yeah yeah, I'm awful and disrespectful and WAH WAH WAH. Save it for someone who gives half a fuck. You paid thousands of dollars to send your kid to a place where someone had the idea to build a tiny little isolation room to keep children in for months on end. Unless I was in a room with you, a scalpel, and an axe, there is nothing I can possibly do to repay something like that. So instead I offer you a different alternative to bothering to reply: Put a .45 magnum under your chin and blow what's left of your brains into the ceiling.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
re
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2007, 06:32:31 PM »
Your idiocy. What else?

Don't even pretend you can still be called that boy's mother, if indeed you've ever actually birthed a child out of that gaping hole. God only knows what actually happened to him.

Yeah yeah, I'm awful and disrespectful and WAH WAH WAH. Save it for someone who gives half a fuck. You paid thousands of dollars to send your kid to a place where someone had the idea to build a tiny little isolation room to keep children in for months on end. Unless I was in a room with you, a scalpel, and an axe, there is nothing I can possibly do to repay something like that. So instead I offer you a different alternative to bothering to reply: Put a .45 magnum under your chin and blow what's left of your brains into the ceiling.

Wow, I actually could careless about what you think of me. I do feel sorry for whoever is associated with you. Especially loved ones. Wonder what you will be like in 10 yrs. Maybe drug overdose or prison. Keep in touch.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2007, 06:35:44 PM »
I love automatic assumptions that those who disagree with you are going to be DEADINSANEORINJAIL.

LOL.

WWASPS is dying, whether or not you sit around to watch and defend it blindly when there is a hulking mass of evidence against it.

:wave:
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2007, 06:41:21 PM »
Quote from: ""Nihilanthic""
I love automatic assumptions that those who disagree with you are going to be DEADINSANEORINJAIL.

LOL.

WWASPS is dying, whether or not you sit around to watch and defend it blindly when there is a hulking mass of evidence against it.

:wave:

I do not mind someone disagree with me. It's the American way. But when you have to resort in violence. That when you know mentally there is something wrong with that person. Agree? You'll be surprised how long WWASP will be around.....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2007, 06:43:07 PM »
But when you have to resort in violence. That when you know mentally there is something wrong with that person.

You mean like when five SCL staff members, including "upper level" kids, jump on one kid and hold him there for an hour, regardless of whether or not he's still breathing?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2007, 06:44:37 PM »
But when you have to resort in violence. That when you know mentally there is something wrong with that person.

You mean like when five SCL staff members, including "upper level" kids, jump on one kid and hold him there for an hour, regardless of whether or not he's still breathing?

And did this really happen to you? You have no proof!!! I've been there and seen it. Have you?