Author Topic: SkyView Academy is closing  (Read 16668 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SkyView Academy is closing
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007, 03:01:52 PM »
If she was addicted to heroin (not heroine) how was she detoxed there?  Was there a medical doctor monitoring her vitals?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2007, 03:06:18 PM »
Quote from: ""mother of springcreek chi""
My daughter was a 16 year old heroine addict high school drop out who was living on the streets, she was lost and completely against any help we offered her.  We picked her up one night and drove her to Montana and enrolled her into Spring Creek Lodge.  My daughter can not thank us enough!!!  She says we saved her life, she admits to a drug addiction and says she needed help but during the time she was using she really thought we were just crazy and over recting.  Now she say's she see's the terrible hold the drugs had on her.  My daughter told us that she has learned to LOVE herself and not be ashamed of her past behaviors but to forgive herself and move on with her life.  She completed 9th grade while up there and is 1/2 way through the 10th grade, AND she is talking about graduating from high school, and possibly college.  She told us that before she really did not care whether or not she lived or died, she just liked to get high.  She told us now "Mom I gave myself a LIFE vote!!", with biggest most beautiful smile on he face I have ever seen. There are several success stories out there of kids that graduated these programs.  Read the book "Come Back" by Mia Fontane she graduated from Spring Creek Academy.                    Just thought you should know.[/list][/code]
[/u][/i][/b][/quote]

Lord, these people can't be helped.......
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2007, 03:12:52 PM »
Quote from: ""mother of springcreek chi""
She told us now "Mom I gave myself a LIFE vote!!", with biggest most beautiful smile on he face I have ever seen.

::roflmao::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2007, 03:51:35 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
If she was addicted to heroin (not heroine) how was she detoxed there?  Was there a medical doctor monitoring her vitals?

Oh you got me I spelled it wrong, thanks for pointing it out.  Her addiction was more mental, she tried it at a party one night, and that is all she wanted to do do for the next 5 or 6 months. This is what she told me later.  I did not know she had even ever tried it, so it came as a surprise to me when she informed us of this information. So no she did not have a medical doctor monitoring her vital signs.  By the way during the 18 hour long drive to get her there, and the rest of that night and half of the next day I did monitor her very closely, she slept most of the time but her respirations, skin color and cognition were stable.  Thanks for the concern.  Personally I think it is a drastic measure to send your kid away to a lock down facility, and had I not felt the drastic need to save my daughter I would have thought any one would be crazy to do so.  And to tell you the truth at the time I sent her she had been missing for over a week, found out she had been staying with a homeless guy who likes to party with teenage kids and lived in a vacant parking lot in a makeshift leanto, up against a chain link fence made of pallets and card board boxes, I was told his was the 5th one from the brick wall, and thats where we found him........................................So yeah I was Crazy!!!  The school is working for us, that is all I can say.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2007, 03:57:30 PM »
Your daughter was not an addict in any way shape or form.  You've been duped.

Come talk to us a couple years after she's been out.  You're in for one helluva ride.

Go get her.  Do it now before more damage is done.

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
Not even your daughter can be trusted in this environment.
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2007, 04:20:28 PM »
Quote from: ""mother of Spring Creek ch""
Oh you got me I spelled it wrong, thanks for pointing it out.  Her addiction was more mental, she tried it at a party one night, and that is all she wanted to do do for the next 5 or 6 months. This is what she told me later.  I did not know she had even ever tried it, so it came as a surprise to me when she informed us of this information. So no she did not have a medical doctor monitoring her vital signs.

Perhaps there should exist a page about the dangers of a level system in such places. The risk of false confessions just to get privileges are just too high. That is why it is not used in Denmark. Not even at our secure juvenile facilities.

The only way you can be sure of the truth is a hair sample within 90 days or a blood test within 7 days. If you are stopped by the police in Denmark on suspicion of DUI, the police would not use even 2 second on any other test than a breathalyzer test. If you fail that test it is not enough to convict you, but the police will drive you to the police station or the nearest hospital and get a blood sample.

You can not trust anyone in such an environment. Not your daughter, not the staff and certainly not the person, you are talking with in the phone. It is a psychological play they are conducting for you and you are charged a ticket price of several thousand dollars without ever knowing the ending while she is at the facility.

Enjoy her happiness and remember that when you in some 5-10 years have heard the last of her.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2007, 05:02:12 PM »
Yeah you've been duped by the level system, they have to confess to these things to progress up the levels. Eventually they may even believe it themselves. The happiness and praise for the program is part of the program, to not adopt this attitude would result in her losing levels or not moving up.

If you haven't seen it checkout the Montana PBS documentary "Who's Watching The Kids?" Also try to get in touch with WWASPS survivors here and perhaps on antiwwasps.com. You probably think we are selling you a flaming bowel of shit, but I shit you not... You've been had.

Let me ask you this, if your daughter said that SCL was this horrible place, like what survivors have described, would you really believe her? Or would you say "work your program" and hang up the phone?
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2007, 05:56:22 PM »
She is not afraid to complain about the program.  She has good and bad things to say.  She will write home about how horrible the food is, this particular staff member is an asshole, she had to wash pots and pans, some of the girls are mean, it is all just a popularity contest, she thinks so and is a bitch,  she does not like addictions group therapy because it just makes her start "fiending" , but she does like NA she finds it helpful, she does not usually like to share in group, but sometimes she feels better afterward, the school work is hard, this teacher does not help her but the other one does.  Her letters do not indicate abuse.  I have been up to see her in person she looks great, she looks "healthy". Her attitude is positive, we talk on the phone regularly.  I am very wary, my eyes and ears are always open.     But I have only seen positive growth in her.  Personally I couldn't give a shit what level she is on, and I have told her this, I only care where she thinks she is at with herself.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2007, 06:30:54 PM »
Quote from: ""mother SCL kid""
She is not afraid to complain about the program.  She has good and bad things to say.  She will write home about how horrible the food is, this particular staff member is an asshole, she had to wash pots and pans, some of the girls are mean, it is all just a popularity contest, she thinks so and is a bitch,  she does not like addictions group therapy because it just makes her start "fiending" , but she does like NA she finds it helpful, she does not usually like to share in group, but sometimes she feels better afterward, the school work is hard, this teacher does not help her but the other one does.  Her letters do not indicate abuse.  I have been up to see her in person she looks great, she looks "healthy". Her attitude is positive, we talk on the phone regularly.  I am very wary, my eyes and ears are always open.     But I have only seen positive growth in her.  Personally I couldn't give a shit what level she is on, and I have told her this, I only care where she thinks she is at with herself.

You may not care about what level she is own but understand that everything is determined by those levels, like contact with you.  Letters are screened as are phone calls.

How long has she been in, and how long did it take for her to be allowed contact with you? Did she say anything about the Hobbit?

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2007, 06:39:16 PM »
"mother SCL kid"

You aren't that girl's mother anymore- assuming you're a real person- and you have no right to call yourself that. You lost that privilege the moment you sent her to WWASPS.

You might be fooling yourself, and Hanzomon might set aside what he knows about SCL to talk to you, but believe me, everyone here knows what goes on at SCL.

http://www.isaccorp.org/documentsnz.asp#springcreek

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2007, 06:44:00 PM »
Statement from a
Former “Studentâ€

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2007, 09:32:08 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
"mother SCL kid"

You aren't that girl's mother anymore- assuming you're a real person- and you have no right to call yourself that. You lost that privilege the moment you sent her to WWASPS.

You might be fooling yourself, and Hanzomon might set aside what he knows about SCL to talk to you, but believe me, everyone here knows what goes on at SCL.

http://www.isaccorp.org/documentsnz.asp#springcreek

I get you but lets not beat up this mom, at least not until we know for sure she is fully aware and just doesn't care. Stick around Miss Mom, I really want you to learn about what really goes on in these programs.

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2007, 01:34:55 PM »
I am still here.
 I am and always be her mother.  I did not send her away to "get rid" of her.  She was a beautiful free spirited young lady who got into something way over her head.  
I will not apollogise for not being okay with a kid who comes and goes as she please, and hangs out with homeless kids and homeless adults because they are fun to party with.  The "homeless" kids she was hanging out with by the way all had homes and families but choose to be "squatters" (you know just spend the night here and there, eat your food and use your phone and computer for my space, ask to borrow money, but don't pay for anything.).  Apparently these kids knew homeless adults, basically 20 and 30'ish year old men who like to party and get drunk and high with teenagers out in the desert and occassionally in cheap hotel rooms probably because the teenagers are young and cute and could get money; some how?  Scary shit for a mom to deal with.  Scary enough that I chose to send my very much loved about daughter to SCL.
I do however have an open mind, and I am considering what you have to say.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2007, 01:58:48 PM »
I read over what I wrote, and it made me feel defensive.  Like I am trying to explain "why" I sent my daughter to SCL.  Like it is necessary to have a good enough excuse.  The bottom line is I am responsible for her, I feared for her safty .

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2007, 02:16:35 PM »
Yeah, that's usually how it goes.

Look- it doesn't take a whole lot of research here. Search this forum for Spring Creek Lodge. Look around. Find out what The Hobbit is. Look at ISAC. They can't be lying, both by the fact that the stories support each other, the picture of The Hobbit (want your daughter in THERE?), and the oft-stated fact that you seriously can't make this shit up. SCL is an undisputed hellhole. But the people saying this are the ones that are OUT, meaning that while its inmates are still THERE, they're being threatened into not saying anything negative. You don't have to believe me- like almost everything else on Fornits it's been said a dozen times by the people who were there.

You're going to get a lot of this on this forum, so I'll be the first: Go and get your daughter.