Author Topic: SkyView Academy is closing  (Read 16665 times)

Offline caring SCL mom

• View Profile
SkyView Academy is closing
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2007, 09:11:03 PM »
Quote from: ""Wandering Waygookin""
Worst yet... I used to work as a youth counselor.

Oh so you should know better.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2007, 09:11:13 PM »
Shitting bricks is a JOKE!!!
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline caring SCL mom

• View Profile
Re: re
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2007, 09:12:56 PM »
Quote from: ""Nihilanthic""
Quote from: ""caring SCL mom""
Quote from: ""Guest""
Let's see what comes off the top of my head...

Here's some.

Finding corroborated reports of abuse at a WWASPS facility is like finding water in the ocean.

Again, have you been there? Or witness things your self?

Have YOU been to the program?

Hey, have you been to CHINA? Is it what everyone says it is?

Have you been to the MOON? Think its a big rock or a hunk of cheese?

Thats a pretty fickle excuse. A preponderance of evidence and thousands of witnesses giving consistent testimony can't be countered with "WELL YOU YOURSELF WERE NOT THERE"

Actually been China, beautiful! Can't say I have been to the moon.

Offline caring SCL mom

• View Profile
Re: re
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2007, 09:16:34 PM »
Quote from: ""Nihilanthic""
Quote from: ""Guest""
Let's see what comes off the top of my head...

Here's some.

Finding corroborated reports of abuse at a WWASPS facility is like finding water in the ocean.

Again, have you been there? Or witness things your self?

Have YOU been to the program?

Hey, have you been to CHINA? Is it what everyone says it is?

Have you been to the MOON? Think its a big rock or a hunk of cheese?

Thats a pretty fickle excuse. A preponderance of evidence and thousands of witnesses giving consistent testimony can't be countered with "WELL YOU YOURSELF WERE NOT THERE"

What about the thousands of testimony of students that benefited. More than the ones who haven't. Manipulation goes a long way.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2007, 09:53:19 PM »

SCL mom - is your program child an adopted child? I'm wondering if you adopted from China - and then sent the kid to get brain washed, Chinese style, in the American program. (talk about life's little ironies)

Oh - and I have spent many a sleepless night worried sick about my kids. Their antics would turn the most relaxed parent's hair gray. Somehow they survived. They have been to jail once or twice for a night or two. Survived that to.  One actually once ran away with a circus. Another time took off with the rainbow people. She was attacked by a homeless lady with a rusty nail. She was bit by a rattle snake. She got over heated and dehydrated in the Grand Canyon. But she survived - no doubt because she was with friends and strangers were allowed to help. Had she been in one of these programs, she'd be dead.  

I myself was once a bit of a party chick. I should have died on a couple of occasions. Some of the people I ran with were very dangerous. I do mean very. I've no idea how I survived to suffer so at the hands of my own kids - but I did.

The point is, this certainty you have in your head that your child would be dead with out the program is a fallacy, based on propaganda,  fed to you to keep you afraid not to trust the program.

Jail might be more a certainty if your dealing with substance abuse  - but jail would be much better for them that these programs.  Jail and the court system might actually get them into legitimate and helpful therapy and vocational training. I'll tell ya, after a stint on one of these program holes, jail is a cake walk. I've been told that over and over from Kids who have had their fair share of both.  

And so - your a salesperson in Utah?
Selling the program are we? That's the question.
'Course there are lots of salespersons in Utah. Could be any number of things. But that will make a person wonder.

What about the thousands of testimony of students that benefited.

All written while still in the program trying to get out.

More than the ones who haven't.

Says who? You've barely scratched the surface here ya know. And many of them can tell you all about those glowing testimonies they write for the program after the seminars.

Manipulation goes a long way.

It sure as shit does.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 09:59:32 PM by Guest »

Offline caring SCL mom

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2007, 10:38:43 PM »
Quote from: ""BuzzKill""

SCL mom - is your program child an adopted child? I'm wondering if you adopted from China - and then sent the kid to get brain washed, Chinese style, in the American program. (talk about life's little ironies)

Oh - and I have spent many a sleepless night worried sick about my kids. Their antics would turn the most relaxed parent's hair gray. Somehow they survived. They have been to jail once or twice for a night or two. Survived that to.  One actually once ran away with a circus. Another time took off with the rainbow people. She was attacked by a homeless lady with a rusty nail. She was bit by a rattle snake. She got over heated and dehydrated in the Grand Canyon. But she survived - no doubt because she was with friends and strangers were allowed to help. Had she been in one of these programs, she'd be dead.  

I myself was once a bit of a party chick. I should have died on a couple of occasions. Some of the people I ran with were very dangerous. I do mean very. I've no idea how I survived to suffer so at the hands of my own kids - but I did.

The point is, this certainty you have in your head that your child would be dead with out the program is a fallacy, based on propaganda,  fed to you to keep you afraid not to trust the program.

Jail might be more a certainty if your dealing with substance abuse  - but jail would be much better for them that these programs.  Jail and the court system might actually get them into legitimate and helpful therapy and vocational training. I'll tell ya, after a stint on one of these program holes, jail is a cake walk. I've been told that over and over from Kids who have had their fair share of both.  

And so - your a salesperson in Utah?
Selling the program are we? That's the question.
'Course there are lots of salespersons in Utah. Could be any number of things. But that will make a person wonder.

What about the thousands of testimony of students that benefited.

All written while still in the program trying to get out.

More than the ones who haven't.

Says who? You've barely scratched the surface here ya know. And many of them can tell you all about those glowing testimonies they write for the program after the seminars.

Manipulation goes a long way.

It sure as shit does.

I am a Real Estate agent. But that doesn't matter does it. My child is not adopted. But that doesn't matter also. Just a parent with a different view and had a good experience with SCL. You are soooo twisted and wrong it is pathetic. I was little bit of a party girl also. But new my limitations. My son was getting into scary shit. And could not stop. So I opted for help and it worked. Did not know that my back ground was so important

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2007, 09:44:24 AM »
I am a Real Estate agent. But that doesn't matter does it. My child is not adopted. But that doesn't matter also. Just a parent with a different view and had a good experience with SCL. You are soooo twisted and wrong it is pathetic. I was little bit of a party girl also. But new my limitations. My son was getting into scary shit. And could not stop. So I opted for help and it worked. Did not know that my back ground was so important

What you do for a living doesn't matter, unless you make a living working for the program. Then it becomes a matter of interest. Its not unheard of for a program owner or other staff persons to post as if they are students or happy parents, in an attempt to hi-jack the threads or even an entire forum.

Adopted or not doesn't matter; but there are such large numbers of adopted and step children placed in these programs, that it is a subject of interest. Why are adopted kids and step children so over represented? Its occasionally a subject of discussion. And as I mentioned, it would be so ironic if you had adopted a child from China, and brought the poor soul here for Chinese style thought reform; which is exactly what you and your child have endured in this program.

How am I twisted and wrong? Be specific. Fight the conditioning to dismiss all critics with out any real thinking on your part. Think, and do some research into the subject of disagreement - outside of the program mantras and material. Read a few books on recovery, what helps and what hurts. Read a few books on cults and brainwashing.  Then come tell me how I am wrong or twisted.

All your going on, is what the Program has conditioned you to think. It serves their purpose and profit - and nothing else.

DeadorinJail is a lie fed to you, to keep you afraid to leave the cult.

There are many program survivors here on this forum, and others. If you can tone down your program crap just a little, and listen, you might learn something about what is real, and what isn't.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Waste of Time
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2007, 02:37:12 PM »
Folks this SCL mom is a joke.

Stop wasting your time.  Its probably Lisa selling her lies some more.

"Step left" mommy scl dearest  "Step left"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2007, 07:20:09 PM »
I have requested the transcripts, I have talked to the school superintendent here where I live, they are going to let me know whether the classes taken will be credited towards her high school requirements.  I have read all the responses here and now feeling a little overwhelmed.
I only want what is best for my kid.  And yes at the time that we sent her there I can honestly say we saved her life.  Do I believe she needs to "complete the program" in order to be sucessful, or that she will end up right back where she started, NO!!!  She did definitely need a huge wake up call.  I think it is great that there are people out there investigating these schools and pushing for regulations and oversite.  We are spending a huge amount of money, all well worth it to save our kids.
Natural consequences are fine and dandy, but taking a chance with my kids life is not acceptable.  I am glad everyone survived their "wild" days, I did too, I know of many who did not.
Dear Pitbull Mom,  I am terribly sorry for your loss.  That is awful.  Thank you for reaching out to me and other parents and doing what you do to stir things up so that what happened to you might not happen to someone else.  
Who ever put that SCL myspace website info out there,  WOW, interesting,  A lot of those kids are graduates, and they sound horrible and ugly and mean.  Some of them sound reasonable and well adjusted and healthy.  It was informative in a very big way for me.  That website in and of it self could desaude many a parent from the school.  
Still here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2007, 01:14:02 AM »
So let's see if we've got this right: You're going to leave your daughter in a place where they have a tiny isolation room which YOU JUST SAW THE FUCKING PICTURE OF, and then go onto an SCL victims' Myspace and talk about horrible, ugly, and mean?

Fuck you, lady. Fuck you. I hope your "daughter"- as you have no right to call her that anymore- sticks a three-inch knife between your ribs while you sleep, over and over again, only lightly perforating the lungs so it takes you half an hour to lose consciousness and die.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2007, 01:24:22 AM »
I call troll on this whole topic clear from Post #15. No one can be this stupid. This woman CAN NOT be this callous. She would have had three abortions by the time her daugther went to term.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2007, 06:55:07 AM »
Quote from: ""Wandering Waygookin""
Worst yet... I used to work as a youth counselor.

Oh so you should know better.

I do know better that is why I fight to put programmes out of business.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2007, 05:10:53 PM »
Quote from: ""Mother SCL kid""
I have requested the transcripts, I have talked to the school superintendent here where I live, they are going to let me know whether the classes taken will be credited towards her high school requirements.  I have read all the responses here and now feeling a little overwhelmed.
I only want what is best for my kid.  And yes at the time that we sent her there I can honestly say we saved her life.  Do I believe she needs to "complete the program" in order to be sucessful, or that she will end up right back where she started, NO!!!  She did definitely need a huge wake up call.  I think it is great that there are people out there investigating these schools and pushing for regulations and oversite.  We are spending a huge amount of money, all well worth it to save our kids.
Natural consequences are fine and dandy, but taking a chance with my kids life is not acceptable.  I am glad everyone survived their "wild" days, I did too, I know of many who did not.
Dear Pitbull Mom,  I am terribly sorry for your loss.  That is awful.  Thank you for reaching out to me and other parents and doing what you do to stir things up so that what happened to you might not happen to someone else.  
Who ever put that SCL myspace website info out there,  WOW, interesting,  A lot of those kids are graduates, and they sound horrible and ugly and mean.  Some of them sound reasonable and well adjusted and healthy.  It was informative in a very big way for me.  That website in and of it self could desaude many a parent from the school.  
Still here.

Mom, I respect your efforts to get to the truth. I worked at SCL for years, and their credits always transferred. Overall, SCL has been a leader in the state and the region, raising the bar for other Montana schools, and pushing hard for some effective regulation.

My experience with grads? They get out there and keep learning through trial and error. The ones who use the tools they got at SCL--communication, choice-making, etc.-- eventually do really well. None of them go home perfect or fixed; they just go better informed about their own needs and abilities, and better prepared to stay healthy. I wish you the best with yours.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2007, 06:09:23 PM »
YOU don't even believe that. What makes you think we will?

CAPTCHA: banned industry

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2007, 07:28:19 PM »
They get out there and keep learning through trial and error.

This is what kids do. This is how they learn and mature. The program has nothing to do with this - except throwing a whole lot of needless complications into the mix, that actually slow the process.

-- eventually do really well.

As most all kids do - given time - and support through the ruff spots - As long as they aren't to seriously crippled with PTSD as a result of  program meddling. As long as they haven't had some other mental illness made much worse, by the incompetent, inappropriate, gross miss-handling of their symptoms.