Author Topic: Aspen Seminars  (Read 7652 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Aspen Seminars
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 08:59:43 AM »
TheWhore still pimping his daughter to promote child abuse I see.  Nice, TheWhore.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Aspen Seminars
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 09:41:58 AM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
It is common sense.  I am not profiting from these schools and if there was any damage done I don’t know how posting would help… that doesn’t make much sense to me.

I did not alter the text of Who's post.  I merely added the bold and color emphasis!!!!
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Aspen Seminars
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 09:59:03 AM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""
Quote from: ""TheWho""
It is common sense.  I am not profiting from these schools and if there was any damage done I don’t know how posting would help… that doesn’t make much sense to me.

I did not alter the text of Who's post.  I merely added the bold and color emphasis!!!!

Unless you are hiding all your money and retirement investments under your mattress you are profiting from the industry also.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Aspen Seminars
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 10:02:02 AM »
And again, IMO there's much, much more to your interest in TTI than just the fact that you shipped your kid off to an Aspen Ed program.  My opinion.  I've been wrong before.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Aspen Seminars
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 10:29:10 AM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""
And again, IMO there's much, much more to your interest in TTI than just the fact that you shipped your kid off to an Aspen Ed program.  My opinion.  I've been wrong before.

That is what is cool about opinons, everyone is entitled to express theirs.... thats one of the things I like about fornits.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Aspen Seminars
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 10:32:32 AM »
last word[/color]

::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::rocker::  ::rocker::  ::rocker::  ::rocker::  ::fu::  ::fu::  ::fu::  ::fu::  ::fu::  ::kma::  ::kma::  ::kma::  ::kma:: ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::

Offline AuntieEm

• View Profile
Aspen Seminars
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2007, 03:06:45 PM »
The Who wrote:
We all profit indirectly. Chances are your 401k has a health care system listed, insurance company etc........

No, we don't all profit indirectly from these programs. If you have money invested, ask the fund management if it is invested in Aspen, Universal Health Services or other corporate owner of programs.

I checked and was relieved to know I do not have a financial interest direct or indirect in the programs. What a massively unethical conflict of interest, anyway; "Gee, I guess it's okay that some kids are abused in some programs because I'll be able to retire on the profits."

It is smart to know where your money is invested and to align it with your values; you'll sleep better at night.

Auntie Em

P.S. Apologies for feeding the trolls.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Aspen Seminars
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2007, 03:32:06 PM »
Quote from: ""AuntieEm""
The Who wrote:
We all profit indirectly. Chances are your 401k has a health care system listed, insurance company etc........
No, we don't all profit indirectly from these programs. If you have money invested, ask the fund management if it is invested in Aspen, Universal Health Services or other corporate owner of programs.

I checked and was relieved to know I do not have a financial interest direct or indirect in the programs. What a massively unethical conflict of interest, anyway; "Gee, I guess it's okay that some kids are abused in some programs because I'll be able to retire on the profits."

It is smart to know where your money is invested and to align it with your values; you'll sleep better at night.

Auntie Em

P.S. Apologies for feeding the trolls.

It is good that you checked. Most people would be surprised at what their money is invested in, you said you were relieved which means you were not sure either until you checked.  If you found out your fund supported insurance companies or healthcare (which indirectly supports programs) could we call you unethical?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Aspen Seminars
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2007, 11:54:47 AM »
Please ignore the above poster, TheWho -

Some have earnestly attempted to have rational debate with the man. He's incapable. If things aren't going his way, he changes the criteria, or compares apples to oranges, or goes mental and starts talking about some inane shit like the price of pork in China or how cars are made in Japan.
Don't you get it? He's not here to add to the discussion or even to have open debate. He misrepresents, blatantly lies, derails, attacks and wears people down with continuous posting of bullshit or misquoting people who then feel they have to correct him. He's sitting behind his computer laughing at all of you who play his little game. He knows you'll eventually burn out.
Anyone else notice how he has systematically attacked every regular here since he's been back?
Ignore him. If he posts some off the wall bullshit, respond with a link to information to refute him, but stop the never-ending jousting with him. You think you're going to run him off... no way. He enjoys running his program here and delights in pissing people off.
Don't volunteer for his program.

Offline AuntieEm

• View Profile
Aspen Seminars
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2007, 12:31:28 PM »
No worries.  As Dr. McCoy would say, "The Klingon's words are unimportant and we do not hear him."

Auntie Em

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Aspen Seminars
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2007, 12:46:44 PM »
Quote from: ""AuntieEm""
No worries.  As Dr. McCoy would say, "The Klingon's words are unimportant and we do not hear him."

Auntie Em

Ha,Ha,Ha  I use to be a fan also.... one of my favorites from Spock - "What you want is irrelevant, what you have chosen is at hand."

Tip:  What I usually do is just not read the posts of those who I think are useless or just trolling... it saves a lot of time... guests posts I typically scan quickly, but typically dont read unless they seem unique....

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
Re: Aspen Seminars
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2008, 01:36:22 PM »
Bump.

And here's the link to the Aspen Seminars site:
http://www.aspenseminars.com/parentWorkshop.html
So does anyone know if confrontational "therapy" is what the parents receive while the kids are off at a program? Or do the parents get a nice cushy version?

What's with the talk about being prepared when your child comes home--aren't they told not to bring the child back into their home?

AuntieEm
Tough love is a hate group.
"I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2008, 02:25:27 PM »
Quote from: "AuntieEm2"
Bump.

And here's the link to the Aspen Seminars site:
http://www.aspenseminars.com/parentWorkshop.html
So does anyone know if confrontational "therapy" is what the parents receive while the kids are off at a program? Or do the parents get a nice cushy version?

What's with the talk about being prepared when your child comes home--aren't they told not to bring the child back into their home?

AuntieEm

In Straight the parents went through raps on open meeting nights (2x a week) and had a few parent weekends.  They would consist of some confrontation, but NOTHING on the scale that we went through and certainly not on a daily, all day basis.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2008, 03:32:33 PM »
Quote from: "AuntieEm2"

No, it is not confrontational therapy at all.  They provide the parents with information to help them be better parents, prepare them for the child when they get home, help them create and build a more structured home environment.  It is a good forum for the parents to speak to other parents and exchange ideas and talk about what worked and what didn’t etc.
There are many who think that the problem lies completely with the child and in many cases this is not true, the home dynamics may be a large contributing factor and this is a good place to identify and correct problems prior to the child returning home.

AuntieEm

The ultimate goal is to have the child return home, but in some cases it is not in the best interest of the child to return to their old environment, especially if nothing has improved or changed since the child has left.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2008, 04:14:51 PM »
Gee, Who.  It all sounds so supportive and caring when you say it.  Sort of like those slickly worded, glossy brochures of programs with smiling kids and doting and devoted staff.  And on some level I'm sure you believe some of your own bullshit.  You'd have to in order to live with what you've done but it is so far from reality. 

This is exactly how cults/cult-like programs and thought reform works.  They all sound so good.  They tell scared parents that they've found the answer.  That they're somehow different and special from "other places" (usually cult-codespeak for actual medical or professional therapy).  People don't "willingly" join a cult.  They're coerced into it, just like programs coerce parents and kids into believing that they are somehow effective or relevant or therapeutic.  They're not.  They're anything but.   I think Ginger's made the comparison to a woman in an abusive relationship.  She's been isolated.  She's been emotionally beaten down and feels helpless and worthless and that the problems are of her own  making (w/ the kids this is accomplished thru confrontational therapy which ALL of these places use to some extent, ya know....to help them realize what they've done and how they've effected the family).   She's convinced that she can't 'make it' (deadinsaneorinjail) without him and that he is the only one that truly loves her and that the beatings are for her own good, ya know....to help her understand what she's done wrong and how its effected him.

Abuse is abuse is abuse is abuse.