Author Topic: Lone Star Expeditions  (Read 22747 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Lone Star Expeditions
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2009, 12:44:04 AM »
Quote from: "N3ZDLG"
CAFETY has received funding and is working with a web designer!
 :rasta:

in the interim...

http://cafety.org/index.php?option=com_ ... &Itemid=68

where can i find the material the above poster was talking about: the murder at Lone Star, aspen education?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2009, 02:09:19 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "N3ZDLG"
CAFETY has received funding and is working with a web designer!
 :rasta:

in the interim...

http://cafety.org/index.php?option=com_ ... &Itemid=68

where can i find the material the above poster was talking about: the murder at Lone Star, aspen education?

????where?????

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2009, 09:17:06 PM »
About Matt?

At ling above you can download Crystal's )Matt's Mom's) Capitol Hill presentation...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2009, 09:30:24 PM »
Quote from: "???"
About Matt?

At ling above you can download Crystal's )Matt's Mom's) Capitol Hill presentation...

thanks. Is what the posting kid just wrote on this thread quoted below there?..

""This goes out to the girl who worked at LSE and supposedly met Matthew Meyer. Girl, you have no idea what you are talking about. Matthew suffered over 24 hours, was forced to walk in 115 to 130 heat index after getting lost by the navigator. When he managed to complete the last 200 yards, he collapsed on the ground. Staff member kept telling him to get up, then they through water on him and when they heard him "snoring" he was actually aspiriating. But the staff just kept telling him to quit faking it. After 20 minutes, they finally looked at him and realized he was dying.

The night before he was stumbling and mumbling around and said his legs felt numb. Through a radio call, the psychologist on staff said it was an anxiety attack and never went and looked at him.

Also, you idiot, his heart was just fine. It took over a month to get the autopsy report back, so you had no idea what you were talking about. You need to keep your mouth shut until you know the truth.

I know the truth and you can take that to the bank. I have been waiting patiently to tell you just how stupid you sounded in your little say so. You might want to shut up from now on.''''

Attn: The Who. You should be called the Was because you have no idea what in the world you are talking about when you speak of Matthew Meyer and how he died at LSE. The autopsy report took almost 6 weeks to be completed, and trust me when I say, his heart was just fine. The night before he died, he complained of numb legs, stumbling, mumbling, the field instructors called the psychologist and said what Matt was doing, he determined it was an anxiety attack and not to worry about. The next morning Matt wouldn't eat, at lunch, he said he couldn't go any further, the other kids even offered to carry him, but I guess some sort of peer pressure was used (that I can't guarantee) and Matt was helped up. A 1 mile hike turned into over 3 miles because the navigator got lost. The heat index was 115 to 130 that day. Matt had to keep stopping, but made to go on. The last 200 yards were strictly unexplainable, but when he did make it to the camp he collapsed. Yeah the field instructors kept telling him to get up and set up camp, he could lay down later. This happened several times. He was told if he didn't get up he (field instructor) would pour water on him. So water was thrown on him several times. After about 20 minutes, Matt started making a sound like snoring, he was aspirating, and he was told to get up and quit faking, several times. Matt was already dying by the time 1 of the 3 field inspectors finally actually looked at Matt. It took almost 45 minutes before anyone called an ambulance, and Life Flight was on stand by, but they told them to wait. I can go on and on and on. But what I have said to you, you can take to the bank.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2009, 03:32:01 PM »
Looks like Cafetynet's page has been suspended. Anybody know what's up with that?

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2009, 03:56:05 PM »
According to our founder problems with the software and their provider gives Cafety some trouble right now.

Not the best timing considering that the industry is on the run and shoud be kept running.

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Lonestar will close April 6
« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2009, 08:24:09 AM »
From a press release seen by the marketing firm Strugglingteen.com: Aspen Education Group Returns To Its Roots

In addition, Aspen has announced that LoneStar Expeditions will cease operations effective April 6, 2009. The closure will take place after all current students have graduated from the program and completed their originally planned track so that no students will be displaced.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 12:09:58 AM by Oscar »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2009, 06:51:31 PM »
And another one's gone, and another one's gone...

Are we getting beyond whack-a-mole yet?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 16, 2009, 01:00:27 PM »
i was a student there. it wasnt what you all are making of it. although one student there almost dies from an allergic reaction to peanuts. he had a different diet than all of us because of his allergies. but they spilled granola on an oven and he breathed the fumes. he was my friend and almost died. but the staff saved him because they were all prepared to do what they do.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 16, 2009, 05:15:16 PM »
Quote from: "toolate"
Attn: The Who.  You should be called the Was because you have no idea what in the world you are talking about when you speak of Matthew Meyer and how he died at LSE.  The autopsy report took almost 6 weeks to be completed, and trust me when I say, his heart was just fine.  The night before he died, he complained of numb legs, stumbling, mumbling, the  field instructors called the psychologist and said what Matt was doing, he determined it was an anxiety attack and not to worry about.  The next morning Matt wouldn't eat, at lunch, he said he couldn't go any further, the other kids even offered to carry him, but I guess some sort of peer pressure was used (that I can't guarantee) and Matt was helped up.  A 1 mile hike turned into over 3 miles because the navigator got lost.  The heat index was 115 to 130 that day.  Matt had to keep stopping, but made to go on.  The last 200 yards were strictly unexplainable, but when he did make it to the camp he collapsed.  Yeah the field instructors kept telling him to get up and set up camp, he could lay down later.  This happened several times.  He was told if he didn't get up he (field instructor) would pour water on him.  So water was thrown on him several times.  After about 20 minutes, Matt started making a sound like snoring, he was aspirating, and he was told to get up and quit faking, several times.  Matt was already dying by the time 1 of the 3 field inspectors finally actually looked at Matt.  It took almost 45 minutes before anyone called an ambulance, and Life Flight was on stand by, but they told them to wait.  I can go on and on and on.  But what I have said to you, you can take to the bank.

It would be great to have a genuine investigation into this

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 11, 2009, 05:21:18 PM »
There was an investigation for 2 years.  Got confessions too.  Anybody want to argue this?  Aspen settled on this one for fear of media attention.  Only one person remained at Lonestar after Matt died.  What does that tell you?  Yes, a settlement.  Mother agreed to a settlement so she could speak out against these places and not be gagged for years while Aspen appealed.  The settlement was a huge record too because of all the "facts" that were found and the negligence. Money never replaces a child, but it sure hits these corporations where it counts and gets them to make a few changes.  It also lets Matt's mother speak out for all the kids that don't make it, commit suicide, live with all the negative brain washing for the rest of their lives, and all the stink that goes with it.  She is not sitting back on some yacht giving orders to butlers.  She is fighting back for those who can't. Thank God for those of you who seem to come out of the experience physically OK.  But your emotional well being is questioned.  As a young teenager, you will almost agree to anything to get out of one of those places.  If you admit to yourself honestly, you will confirm this is the truth.  Kids in these places haven't gotten "bad enough" yet, but parents have lost control and have only a hope that these places will help thier kids.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 26, 2009, 11:06:31 PM »
Hey my name is james,

I am 17 years old now. I was 16 when I attended Lonestar. I think parents should take their own responsibility for alot of their child's problems. I learned alot of things at lonestar but i would not recommend it. The therapists they use are cheap and worthless, I actually lied and manipulated my therapists into getting out of lonestar. (keep in mind by the time i got to lonestar i was an expert on therapists having been going to several different therapists for years.) The truth is i was solving my own problems before i went to lonestar my parents were to stupid to realize that. I even passed my initial drug test upon entering. Of the other teens that were in my group some had alot bigger problems than me, there were a few gang members and "crazy type kids" who would snap and have to take several doses of Klonopin to calm down. I will admit the isolation and guides helped me realize the impact i had made on my family and friends. I am now a recovering drug addict who has been clean for 1 year and 5 months. I dont know what to tell you to do with your child but all I know is the book they make you read is pretty good for communication with your child and building trust. i cannot remeber the name sorry. Anyways i was using alot of acid and Ecstasy and selling pot before lonestar. If your child is just smoking marijuana or something i wouldn't freak out to much just talk to them about the way it makes you feel/ worry. try and build a good relationship with them and save your self the buckets of money you will spend on all this therapeutic shit. hope i helped

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2009, 09:36:58 AM »
i went to lonestar expeditions when i was 17yrs and it was an experience i wish i could do again, i knew matt he came 4 days before i left, and as far as the whole things about the staff and it being there fault, if you dont know the area and how the situation is, and the potential fatigue you can get, than dont assume the staff didn't do everything possible, even though he wasnt joking and was really having problems, most of the time you can be 10 to 15 miles away from base camp, in a remote area so having emergency medical staff there may take a few minutes. it is a good program and i would advise anyone who is interested for there kid with drug or family problems to go there, when the counselors say that you need to be well hydrated sometimes the campers will disregard that and not do as told, so in other words follow what the leaders tell ya and you will be alright. yes it is hard and tiring but it was prolly the best experience i have ever had.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2009, 09:55:29 AM »
Quote from: "john David reuben"
i went to lonestar expeditions when i was 17yrs and it was an experience i wish i could do again, i knew matt he came 4 days before i left, and as far as the whole things about the staff and it being there fault, if you dont know the area and how the situation is, and the potential fatigue you can get, than dont assume the staff didn't do everything possible, even though he wasnt joking and was really having problems, most of the time you can be 10 to 15 miles away from base camp, in a remote area so having emergency medical staff there may take a few minutes. it is a good program and i would advise anyone who is interested for there kid with drug or family problems to go there, when the counselors say that you need to be well hydrated sometimes the campers will disregard that and not do as told, so in other words follow what the leaders tell ya and you will be alright. yes it is hard and tiring but it was prolly the best experience i have ever had.
Quote from: "john David reuben"
went to lonestar expeditions when i was 17yrs and it was an experience i wish i could do again, i knew matt he came 4 days before i left, and as far as the whole things about the staff and it being there fault, if you dont know the area and how the situation is, and the potential fatigue you can get, than dont assume the staff didn't do everything possible, even though he wasnt joking and was really having problems, most of the time you can be 10 to 15 miles away from base camp, in a remote area so having emergency medical staff there may take a few minutes. it is a good program and i would advise anyone who is interested for there kid with drug or family problems to go there, when the counselors say that you need to be well hydrated sometimes the campers will disregard that and not do as told, so in other words follow what the leaders tell ya and you will be alright. yes it is hard and tiring but it was prolly the best experience i have ever had.

Disgusting. ^^John David Reuben pretending to be a lone star victim to publicly shield Aspen Education Group Cult from responsibility for the death of the kid they killed. Well, considering he betrayed his own kid, Michael to the cult Academy at Swift River  (who later killed himself), what can you expect? Unlike John, this kids mother loved her kid. Wanna show some respect to this dead child by taking your shilling to another thread?

There are confessions and a 'record' settlement. Maybe we can get a copy of the suit and related materials up on fornits, guest?

"There was an investigation for 2 years. Got confessions too. Anybody want to argue this? Aspen settled on this one for fear of media attention. Only one person remained at Lonestar after Matt died. What does that tell you? Yes, a settlement. Mother agreed to a settlement so she could speak out against these places and not be gagged for years while Aspen appealed. The settlement was a huge record too because of all the "facts" that were found and the negligence. Money never replaces a child, but it sure hits these corporations where it counts and gets them to make a few changes. It also lets Matt's mother speak out for all the kids that don't make it, commit suicide, live with all the negative brain washing for the rest of their lives, and all the stink that goes with it. She is not sitting back on some yacht giving orders to butlers. She is fighting back for those who can't."