Author Topic: Used to teach at CEDU middle and high school  (Read 24937 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Used to teach at CEDU middle and high school
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2005, 10:41:00 PM »
Why don't you send them to a Cedu like school, it didn't seem to phase you while you were there and they can make some really long lasting friends.  Sure they are going to get yelled at but that's okay metal abuse will make them stronger and they can focus on more postive things later in life.  

I heard some really great horror stories about such places like Tranquility Bay and Casa by the Sea, but its all myth right bad things don't happen in WWASP Schools or if they do they're not that bad?  Doesn't make a difference to an individual stuck in a situation like that because there are more horrors in the world than a place like Cedu, so what we all went through should  be dismissed because it wasn't that bad?  Perhaps for you and you came to terms with it, maybe your kids will too.  

On 2005-12-27 18:20:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Are you a parent?

I don't live in an urban area. The idea that public schools are more screwed up in urban ares is a myth.

Second. where would you suggest that I have them go to school? Private school? Did that too. It is not much different.

Third: "quiet, desperate resignation"... HA. You would laugh at that description if you knew me. I have done anything but MASTER that way of life!!!!"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2005, 11:29:00 PM »
Thank you anon poster:

And it's disingenous of the poster subsequent to you to suggest that observing something good while going in a CEDU school means that you should automatically remove your own children from an admittedly flawed public school. And place them absent compelling reasons and behaviors in an emotional growth school.

Common sense and the wish to keep your own children close to you, if not the financial toll of CEDU and like programs, would be enough to show that a parent would only resort to this kind of boarding school if all other options represent too big a risk, either physical or mental.

If a CEDU type education, which is by its very nature not the ideal up-bringing, atill has value amidst the damaging things that happened there, well, what are the valuable things: how can they be perfected, put into a usable form that helps adolescents and does not include the more potentially damaging rituals/approaches that emotional growth schools have used in the past?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2005, 11:57:00 PM »
I would have graduated in '90, who are you?

On 2005-12-27 14:31:00, sorry... try another castle wrote:

"
Cedu was founded in 1967 by Mel Wasserman who was forced to sell Cedu in the late 1980's to avoid being indicted for money laundering involving Organized Crime figures in Palm Springs where he had once resided .

Maybe this is just a typo, but Mel sold the CEDU schools in the 90s, not 80s. I graduated in 89, and at that time, he was still running the school. I believe Brown bought the CEDU schools in 98.

I remember when that happened re: Allgood and his little black book of all of the kids he had molested. I had no idea that was the guy who ran Cascade when I read an article about it in the news, and when I finally learned more about Cascade, I totally forgot the name of the guy who had molested all of those kids. It's not surprising that it was Allgood, even though I myself didn't go to Cascade. The CEDU schools and Cascade were magnets for child molesters. I remember when Richard ran his hand up a friend on mine's shirt. They had a big meeting about it with her, decided that the whole thing was an "accident", and keeps him on. Years later he is taken to court for raping Twila. As if there was any doubt he was a sexual predator, anyway.

...[ This Message was edited by: sorry... try another castle on 2005-12-27 14:32 ]"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2005, 02:09:00 AM »
it's disingenious of you all to be such fags

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2005, 07:56:00 AM »
I think that the person that wrote the following should reread his/her post:
 Why don't you send them to a Cedu like school, it didn't seem to phase you while you were there and they can make some really long lasting friends. Sure they are going to get yelled at but that's okay metal abuse will make them stronger and they can focus on more postive things later in life.

I heard some really great horror stories about such places like Tranquility Bay and Casa by the Sea, but its all myth right bad things don't happen in WWASP Schools or if they do they're not that bad? Doesn't make a difference to an individual stuck in a situation like that because there are more horrors in the world than a place like Cedu, so what we all went through should be dismissed because it wasn't that bad? Perhaps for you and you came to terms with it, maybe your kids will too.

None of  it makes any sense. Why would I send my kids to a CEDU school??? And when did I ever say that being at RMA never phase me? Also, why is it wrong that I made some great friends? And when did I say that it was OK to suffer mental abuse? Or that such abuse would then allow you to focus on more positive things as an adult?

Nor have I said that any of the abuse allegations are myth. I, too, have heard some horror stories about Tranquility Bay and Casa by the Sea. When did I mention that the things that have gone on at the WWASP Schools were not that bad?

If these programs are as bad as most folks say they are... and I have not questioned any of the personal stories or anyones integrity.... then why isn't the anger and negative energy focused on changing these injustices? Eliminating the abuse? I would think that those that have been through it would have the strongest arguments... would be viewed as more credible as those that have not been through it. I would think that the passion behind the "mission" could be a powerful one based on some of the posts that I have read here.

I am also trying to understand why folks "hang on" to the negatives of CEDU. I have never said what was done was not wrong or bad,  but when do you move on??? When is it time to focus that energy elsewhere? Or maybe it is only on FORNITS that this stuff is ever discussed in your life... maybe this is only a venting place... where some things are exaggerated or blown up. Maybe it is jsut a small outlet in others lives. Maybe a combination of it all. I DON"T KNOW. (read that again)

I think that I am pretty open about "reading" what everyone else says. I have NEVER attacked anyone for their  stories. I have never questioned anyone regarding their own experiences, why would others choose to "attack" me when I don't write angry posts about how fucked up CEDU was and how  it fucked up my life???? The balance of a constructive forum is way off.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2005, 08:33:00 AM »
I would have graduated in '90, who are you?

I'm the guy who tells Mario to go to another castle. I wear a mushroom hat and I have no fucking idea where the princess is.

[ This Message was edited by: sorry... try another castle on 2005-12-28 05:40 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2005, 08:57:00 AM »
"
I am also trying to understand why folks "hang on" to the negatives of CEDU. I have never said what was done was not wrong or bad,  but when do you move on???"

The reason that people "hang on" to the negatives of Cedu is simple: CEDU IS A NEGATIVE PLACE! The majority of posters at this site
feel that way, which is why you don't see more "balanced" viewpoints on this forum.

It's very condescending of you to assume that people who post negatively about cedu haven't moved on. I am living quite well, thank you
very much.

I post

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2005, 10:16:00 AM »
On 2005-12-27 16:59:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Son of Serbia, don't know what kind of burr you've got under your saddle.  I don't know Jackson Nash and I'm no lawyer so I guess you're not the clairvoyent you fancy yourself to me

You'd think I was your worst enemy from your hot-headed response Worst I've done as far as I can see is not ask you if Ive got a right to my own opinion without first clearing it with you, bud.

So given your attitude (which might or might not get cured by drugs or getting laid more regularly) I don't see any point in addressing my question to you, feel free to rant though, it doesn't cost me a cent!

But the question stands and I welcome responses from other readers who are less easily riled up than you seem to be.

And that question is: do you think that intellectually brighter people from these schools tended to have an easier time in defining positive as well as negative aspects of their school experiences.

"

The "burr under my saddle" is that I know you're full of shit. And I never claimed to be clairvoyent, but whoever you are, you didn't just stumble onto this site.  You've been here before seeking "balanced viewpoints" and asking the same questions.  The whole "black & white" thinking analogy was a dead give-away.  

As for your open question, here's my response:

"Intellectually Brighter People" (why not say Smart or Intelligent people, isn't that what you meant?)do not have an easier time identifying positive aspects of Cedu's program. To the contary, intelligent people are more likely to question Cedu's flawed logic, and poke holes in their reasoning.  Intelligent people are the first to notice and protest Cedu's almost non-existent academic program.  Intelligent people tend to be independent, and are generally more difficult to assimilate.  Those who do break down and accept the program, often realize sooner how worthless it was after being removed from Cedu.  

That's just my opinion.  You can go ahead and ignore me if you want, but I'm not going anywhere.

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2005, 11:09:00 AM »
It's interesting that individuals protesting CEDU's abusive or non-existent therapeutic and academic practices get painted with the "black and white" paintbrush.  Ironic since CEDU promoted a dialectical perspective on life: the CEDU way or the wrong way. Black and white thinking was perfected at CEDU.
hanlea

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2005, 05:19:00 PM »
On 2005-12-28 08:09:00, shanlea wrote:

"It's interesting that individuals protesting CEDU's abusive or non-existent therapeutic and academic practices get painted with the "black and white" paintbrush.  Ironic since CEDU promoted a dialectical perspective on life: the CEDU way or the wrong way. Black and white thinking was perfected at CEDU. "

In my defense, I wasn't painting everyone who had an entirely negative experience with CEDU as looking at things "black and white". Rather, I was talking about the mentality that those who disagree on one single aspect about CEDU with another person is labeled a cult freak. Just because there is disagreement doesn't mean that the two parties didn't both hate the place and find it to be abusive, and it doesn't mean that one person is a program-hater and the other is a program-supporter. That was the "black and white" thinking I was referring to.

Just because I found the place to be cult-like instead of a full blown cult doesn't mean that I didn't find the whole experience to be weird, disturbing and hellish, and the CEDU schools to be completely detrimental to teens.

Ultimately, it's a losing battle. You are either going to get labeled a cult-freak or a loser who needs to "get over it" by at least a couple of people, wheras most individuals on here are more complex than that.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2005, 06:21:00 PM »
Castle, I dunno why you bother arguing with people around here. It must get frustrating trying to explain your point of view to people who are too shallow to understand that there are at least two points of view to everything.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2005, 07:01:00 PM »
Ok, it stems from a cult, therefore it IS a cult? That seems to be your logic. Just because a cult inspired CEDU doesn't mean that CEDU is a cult. I'd say the vast majority of cult members are willingly participating in their rituals. On the flipside, the vast majority of cedu students wanted absolutely nothing to do with the program. Those running a cult tend to be sold on its beliefs. But many of the staff at cedu were far from sold. So you can go ahead and keep calling it a cult, and I'll be here thinking that perhaps you are the one on crack. "
[/quote]

It was run by Synanon members who willingly participated  in synanon.  cedu students were forced to be there. they were threatened , coerced, manipulated and decieved and mindfucked and brainwashed into thinking what the groupthink wanted them to think. those running the cult were sold on its beliefs . many of the staff follow those running the cult .  a cult is a group that thinks whatever the cult leaders want them to think.  what happend at the cedu place when the staff or students could not be coerced into what the leaders forced them to do ?    shunning  name calling  threats ?   these schools like to blame their students and staff and not the leaders and that is a cult sign.  the leaders seem to care only about the students and staff that can be coerced and manipulated  into following the leaders.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2005, 07:06:00 PM »
It is not a cult, look up the word. Bad place? Maybe so, but CULT? I think not ..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2005, 08:35:00 PM »
On 2005-12-28 16:01:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
Ok, it stems from a cult, therefore it IS a cult? That seems to be your logic. Just because a cult inspired CEDU doesn't mean that CEDU is a cult. I'd say the vast majority of cult members are willingly participating in their rituals. On the flipside, the vast majority of cedu students wanted absolutely nothing to do with the program. Those running a cult tend to be sold on its beliefs. But many of the staff at cedu were far from sold. So you can go ahead and keep calling it a cult, and I'll be here thinking that perhaps you are the one on crack. "

It was run by Synanon members who willingly participated  in synanon.  cedu students were forced to be there. they were threatened , coerced, manipulated and decieved and mindfucked and brainwashed into thinking what the groupthink wanted them to think. those running the cult were sold on its beliefs . many of the staff follow those running the cult .  a cult is a group that thinks whatever the cult leaders want them to think.  what happend at the cedu place when the staff or students could not be coerced into what the leaders forced them to do ?    shunning  name calling  threats ?   these schools like to blame their students and staff and not the leaders and that is a cult sign.  the leaders seem to care only about the students and staff that can be coerced and manipulated  into following the leaders. "
[/quote]

You're an IDIOT. Plain and simple. Fuck your mother.

Now that I got that out of the way, I think you are a weak piece of shit. It was a cult because the students thought exactly what the staff wanted them to think? When the fuck did that happen? I never once mistook their bullshit for truth. Obviously you did. But let me tell you, dipshit, that just because your weak ass got brainwashed doesn't mean the rest of us did. You quivering little pussy, you are the one who got treated like a cult member. As for the rest of us, it was just a shitty boarding school. That's all cedu was. A high school where you had to work on a fuckin' farm. If you let it be anything more, I feel bad for you.

Offline puma046

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2005, 08:36:00 PM »
A cult?!?!?!? You guys are just plain stupid - clearly you have never seen a real cult before.