Author Topic: HAVE WE FAILED?  (Read 3349 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HAVE WE FAILED?
« on: August 24, 2005, 09:19:00 PM »
Last time I checked Sembler is still standing. He has won. Regardless of the many thousands of post here. He is laughing at us. We have failed have we not?

Has the public learned enough to support us and expose the truth?

NO!

I fear we will never see our day. And that my friend is a travisty. We all deserve so much more.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
HAVE WE FAILED?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 09:32:00 PM »
Fuck Sembler anyway.  He is not the focus of my energy.  He may be rich in money but he is devoid of what truly makes one rich in life:  Love and compassion for your fellow human bein's.  When it comes right down to it he must be a miserable person.  

"Freeeeeee baby, i  am  freeeeeee from your spell"  -B.B. King
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HAVE WE FAILED?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 09:53:00 PM »
I'm with ya brother.........

same page.

Fuck Sembler

dragonfly

HAVE WE FAILED?
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 11:05:00 PM »

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
HAVE WE FAILED?
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 12:12:00 AM »
That is a good point.  As far as Sembler goes though, his life does not define mine.  i have no desire for revenge.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HAVE WE FAILED?
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 12:29:00 AM »
On 2005-08-24 20:05:00, dragonfly wrote:

"I keep wondering what it would be like to finally get out of straight and then learn that there was a group of people who knew I was in there being brainwashed, had gone through it themselves, knew how fucking pervasive and deep the shit goes but didn't even try to stop it from happening.

Aren't there kids still in programs like straight right now?

so yeah, are we failing those kids?

"

Hello  :eek: check date on this thread please

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... orum=25&10

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HAVE WE FAILED?
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 01:57:00 AM »
Saying "Fuck Sembler" might be good on the level of your own personal peace, but to ignore that child abusers walk free is to ignore the shit that has been going down and is still going down in child abuse institutions all over this Nation State. We were victimized, and as another postor has recently pointed out, this made us tired, and we failed to fight sooner, as in, get the motherfucking class action lawsuit rolling or a claims bill or what have you kind of action to bring the fact of our victim status and need for redress to the Table provided the citizens of the United States for such purposes. Everybody is. Those kids getting out of the Straights that are still open, they are facing what we faced. They are young and a good percentage of them are psychiatric casualties just like us. This leads me to believe that that right there is where some satisfaction lies: go on in and help these kids get their lawsuit together. That's one thing. But it is indeed a travesty that Mel Sembler, responsible party to child abuse and thousands of resulting psychiatric casualties, is not only a free man, but is a Chief Goof in the heirarchies of Goofs we got in power these days. It's a travesty. It should not be. What did we do wrong?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HAVE WE FAILED?
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2005, 07:42:00 AM »
"what did we do wrong?" - nothing, the child abuse industry was in full swing prior to any of us entering straight.  Things take time.  Wrong question. . . should be along the lines of what do we do next.   I don't look at life from a failure perspective.  Question should be "what can we do now to shed more light on our issues".

dragonfly

HAVE WE FAILED?
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2005, 08:51:00 AM »

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
HAVE WE FAILED?
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2005, 10:12:00 AM »
On 2005-08-24 22:57:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Saying "Fuck Sembler" might be good on the level of your own personal peace, but to ignore that child abusers walk free is to ignore the shit that has been going down and is still going down in child abuse institutions all over this Nation State. We were victimized, and as another postor has recently pointed out, this made us tired, and we failed to fight sooner, as in, get the motherfucking class action lawsuit rolling or a claims bill or what have you kind of action to bring the fact of our victim status and need for redress to the Table provided the citizens of the United States for such purposes. Everybody is. Those kids getting out of the Straights that are still open, they are facing what we faced. They are young and a good percentage of them are psychiatric casualties just like us. This leads me to believe that that right there is where some satisfaction lies: go on in and help these kids get their lawsuit together. That's one thing. But it is indeed a travesty that Mel Sembler, responsible party to child abuse and thousands of resulting psychiatric casualties, is not only a free man, but is a Chief Goof in the heirarchies of Goofs we got in power these days. It's a travesty. It should not be. What did we do wrong?"

Okay, so how do you suggest I get newly released people to understand what happened to them was wrong? For instance Pathway Family Center clients. Everyone I have spoken with says they just basically want to move on and forget or they think it was a good place compared to straight.I have even had a well intentioned grad from there telling me I was being extreme for wanting to picket. I have maybe 2 people willing to speak out with me and they were in straight, not PFC.

I have been told that PFC has made major changes for the better (although probably not enough). My thing is even if they did change why in the world are the people who worked for straight and now there and practiced abusive techniques allowed to stay there. If they truly made changes then all people that participated in abusive practices should not be able to work there.
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HAVE WE FAILED?
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2005, 11:33:00 AM »
The whole thing is abusive, don't you get it? Aside from any factors like privacy, physical abuse, etc., the fundamental child abuse that goes on in the Straight locations that are still open is known by several names: coercive persuasion, thought reform, mind control, brainwashing and behavior modification. There may be some differences in the specific definitions of these words, however, the point is that even if you take away all the physical abuse and the more glaring civil rights violations, you still have the fundamental violation which is, in fact, child abuse as well as a violation of human rights: the violation of the mind.

We most certainly went wrong in the way we handled what happened at Straight. You want to tell me I'm asking the wrong question, and then ask me to answer another one: what can we do now...? Well why don't you answer that question yourself with your creative and intelligent mind. You want to know if protests work? Go protest.

The kids who are recently out, whether they want to drop the subject, or they don't see the trouble at all, are uneducated. Their wish to drop the subject is not unsurprising considering how much anyone in this country gives two hoots about anyone else suffering child abuse or hunger or whatever. However, this does not excuse them from their responsibility. The ones who don't get it? They need education. The ones who do and are too tired or broken to do anything about it? They need healing and to be reminded of their obligation.

Why is it that that one boy who was sent to Love In Action to "cure" him of sexual proclivities towards the same sex generated instant national outcry and in-person demonstrations, and yet so many of us know what is going down in Straight locations that still exist, and we just don't do anything? Yes, life is busy. Yes, we are tired, to various degrees. Yes I am telling all of you that you are capable and damn well morally obligated to make a damn phone call or write a letter this week to someone somewhere regarding institutional child abuse. Be creative. I'm not going to list all the motherfukkin things you could do. And a huge thank you to webcrawler, as you are clearly already concerned and taking a little time from your already jam-packed life to do what you can about Pathways. And Antigen can save it with the "dedicated inactivist" shit, because having fornits is a tremendous action on this subject.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
HAVE WE FAILED?
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2005, 12:06:00 PM »
On 2005-08-25 08:33:00, Anonymous wrote:

Why is it that that one boy who was sent to Love In Action to "cure" him of sexual proclivities towards the same sex generated instant national outcry and in-person demonstrations, and yet so many of us know what is going down in Straight locations that still exist, and we just don't do anything?

Well, first, I don't think you can fairly say that nobody's done anything. We've done protests, flyering, letter writing, conferences and there have been a steady stream of lawsuits going back to at least the early `80's.

Then some kid puts the rules and some other program info in his blog (like we haven't done THAT hundreds of times!) and all of a sudden it's making national headlines and sparking decent sized protests. Why? Because, despite the aparent might and girth of the religious reich, Americans generally recognize that it's wrong to try and beat the gay out of somebody. But they don't recognize that it's wrong to try and beat the 'bad' out of teenagers, especially where certain unpatentable drugs are concerned.

But I don't think we should really be all that surprised. This is going to take a very, very long time. We've been criminalizing youth for generations now. It starts out as early as we allow the professional pedagogs access to our kids.

And we all were subject to the same process. So now, in this generation, we accept that our kids will be assigned a school shrink when we send them to school. And we accept that very little education will go on there, but that's no longer the main objective. It's just a sideline, if that. I haven't seen a text book in years now where I can't find an obvious error or bald faced lie pretty easily within the first chapter. One science book listed the basic colors as red, yellow and green and an economics textbook stated that our primary function in society is to keep manufacturors and distributors employed by consuming whatever they ship out. What sane, healthy minded, self respecting human would not rebel against that?

We've got a LONG way to go, folks! I don't think the Program is a seperate, singular problem that we can solve just by letting the public know it's happening. They know. They don't give a shit. They see it and don't see it as a problem.

So, what to do? Get right and comfy in your own skin about it, however you go about it. Make sure your kids understand what's going on and have workable strategies to slide on by w/o sustaining too much damage. Encourage thoughtful discussion and dialog about the nature of the whole damned thing. And wait. It took several generations of Americans to coalesce to this. It'll take either a nasty civil breakdown or a long time (hopefully not both) to get back to the ideals of liberty and justice for all. I prefer the latter.

When cryptography is outlawed, bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir cevinpl.
--
Anonymous . . . for obvious reasons

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HAVE WE FAILED?
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2005, 01:16:00 PM »
"It starts out as early as we allow the professional pedagogs access to our kids"

:tup:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HAVE WE FAILED?
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2005, 06:49:00 PM »
Perhaps we should file a claims bill. There is no time limit on that. Even if we don't win we will be heard. That would be a story the media would follow.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HAVE WE FAILED?
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2005, 07:58:00 PM »
On 2005-08-25 15:49:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Perhaps we should file a claims bill. There is no time limit on that. Even if we don't win we will be heard. That would be a story the media would follow.

"

Please contact me at [email protected], I am interested in discussing this.