Author Topic: HAVE WE FAILED?  (Read 3350 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HAVE WE FAILED?
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2005, 08:32:00 PM »
On 2005-08-27 22:11:00, str8tohell wrote:

"I'm leaving America partially because I see this as a systemic problem. Especially with the current administration. I never thought that I would leave but here I am leaving.  Once I am back in my home country I will be contacting Amnesty International. They do not allow people to become active in problems in the countries that they live in, as a safety measure against reprisals. I am also wondering what exactly international laws are on holding a foreign national in a place like Straight, be sure I will find out.  I do feel like we are letting down those who are there now. I don't know what I can do but I want to try. I have been out for 15yrs 10 of which I spent running below the radar, out of fear and craziness. I want to at least get some recognition that there is a problem, then maybe from there something can be done. The problem is that they broke many of us so badly that we have fallen through the cracks or tried to forget.   "

Your much more likely to end up in jail than any country on the planet.

Check out this startling page of statistics.  

I am dumbfounded USA is the top of the list per capita

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/cri ... cap&int=-1

This is a facinating site also......
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HAVE WE FAILED?
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2005, 06:55:00 AM »
Hi.  Just thought I'd speak up as someone who found this forum and the page on Straight through a Google search.  I was never in any of these programs.  I had no idea they existed.  I've been through the forums, reading about the horrible things y'all were forced to go through.  My heart has broken more than once as I read about so many children being brainwashed and broken.

Because of these stories, I wrote to my rep and asked him to support the End Institutional Child Abuse Act.  I've also posted and talked to others about Straight and its descendants, letting other people know what I've found out.  I wish there was more I could do.

Please don't think people don't care.  I realize now how lucky I was that my parents didn't get sucked into this-- as someone raised conservative Christian in the south, I would've been a prime target.  (Not that I did drugs-- but that didn't stop any of these programs before...)

Someone mentioned the Love in Action protests.  I was a part of that, but it was thanks to reading about Straight and The Seed that I recognized the language in the LIA rules.  I hope that someday when that kid is eighteen and no longer risks being sent away, he can find a support forum like this and put his mind back together.

I'll be moving to Orlando soon, so if there are any protests going on in the Central Florida area, I want to be there.  Even though I didn't experience the abuse myself, I'm smart enough to know it's a bad thing and must be stopped.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HAVE WE FAILED?
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2005, 07:12:00 AM »
Thanks...we'll be n touch