Author Topic: Some insight(s)  (Read 36516 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2005, 07:47:00 PM »
you screwed up the math anyway.

the combined rate for the year questioned would be 21.7 suicides for 100,000 people, or routhly 1 per 5000. Assuming the rate constant for 35 years ( a hugely  inaccurate assumption.. evidence suggest the number has risen dramatically especially in the elderly), that would be an acceptable range of 35 suicides per 5000 of the GENERAL POPULATION. Now, exlude all persons under 12 and over 21 at the time of the seed, and all people born since...and you get an idea of how skewed your figures are. For example, the suicide rate per percentage of over 65 is roughly 20% of the total.  

Now figure you are only counting suicides you KNOW OF from seedlings from St Pete. Have you reviewed all deaths from all people that attended?

This is a statisical math formula that no one has even approached coming to any conclusion on, but the anecedotal evidence suggest the rates are HIGH, not LOW.

as an example, the suicide rate for kids 10-19 in 1980 was roughly 9 per 200,000, or rougly 1/4 per 5000, or about 8 per 5000 in 35 years, but This isn't even the way the statistic works because the stat changes as you get older and people drop out due to death from natural causes.

A statistician would need to be hired in order to figure this out properly.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2005, 12:23:00 AM »
On 2005-08-09 11:09:00, GregFL wrote:

"Funny you would say that. I spent about 10 years thinking confronting people that were "full of shit" was a good thing and often got in people's faces over little to nothing.

Also, For many years I was inapropriately "open and honest" with people who hadn't earned the right to know intimate knowledge about me. Very often this backfired in awefully painfull ways.

I thought these behaviors were actually a socially acceptable and productive  way to behave in the real world.

They are not. I had a very hard time attracting and keeping friends and partners until I figured this out.  

Another chapter of...

"seed gifts I could have lived without".

Funny, I've had an entirely different experience; when appropriate, I STILL confront those when I think they are "full of shit" and they end up understanding and respecting me OR, they stay out of my space. I kinda like surrounding myself w/ people who are committed to their values and passions!  :nworthy:

However, DO enjoy your trip Greg!
bid you peace!

Offline Stripe

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2005, 09:03:00 AM »
One thing that stikes me over and over again is that we seed people really have a skewed sense of personal boundaries. We either tell WAY TOO much or we EXCLUDE way too much.  I found no real peace trying to use these seed tools.  

On the one had, some folk still feel some dying need to confront others - when THEY deem it appropriate, persons they think are "full of shit".  Personally, I really hate that statement - it's so demeaning to the recipient and so telling on the speaker.  

But do you guys notice how that mentality  is a one way street - that it's one person who is making the determination and value judgements about the worth of another person?  Granted, I'm not present there so I have no information about why someone would feel the need to use such viscious tools.

I just don't think we, as human beings,  have the right to do that to each other unless some important action on the part of the "full of shit" person has directly impacted our lives.  And I mean a real impact that has the potential to significantly change the course of one's life.

What that confrontational behavior ends up doing is alienating people - people who might have otherwise, but for my shortsightedness, judgment and emotional immaturity, brought me  a smidge of understanding or compassion or some other good things.

That fanatical confrontation/exclusion behavior allows someone to continue living in a very protected world without letting in any new ideas.  There's no strain whatsoever to using this tool.  I liken it to a "scorched-earth" approach - the napalm of personal, business and acquaintance realtions.

I don't view that as strenght so much as I do weakness, immmaturity or insecurity in one's belief system - to use some seed words.   I mean, what's to learn?  Where is the growth if everyone you surround yourself with thinks like you do?  

I've been accused of being the stick-weilding zen master on this forum (and rightly so) and I learned from that - I had to stretch myself to look serously at another's point of view and step outside myself.  It was a good and humbling lesson.

I value my friendships, but I also value the challenges of having to learn about new people, new cultures, and other belief systems that challenge my views.  It's okay for people to be different.

Under the seed approach, the only newness that gets in is a formely unknown person who has the same values and passions as oneself. Where's the greatness or challenge in that? It kept me in a very rigid and closed life allthese years.  

[ This Message was edited by: Stripe on 2005-08-11 06:18 ]
The person who stands up and says, ``This is stupid,\'\' either is asked to `behave\' or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful ``Yes, we know! Isn\'t it terrific ?\'\' -- Frank Zappa

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2005, 09:50:00 AM »
great post stripe!  I agree with your sentiments about confronting people and the fallout and many other points you made.

You too Robin..great post. Glad to see you participaing.

One thing Robin..you didn't practice discretion talking about yourself around seedlings. That is a premise you just haven't thought thru.

I can just imagine the scenario.

libby:  Robin...stand up!  What is been going on around your house between you and your mother (hands flapping and finger snapping behind Robin).

Robin:  Well Libby, I would tell you, but you haven't earned the right to know such intimate details about my personal life and there are people in this group I would rather not share that information with.

hehehe....just imagine.   :grin:  :grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »
this is a dear john letter(ha ha)
i remember you. you were the heaviest, coolest junkie of all in the seed. all the little kids were terrorized by your disdainful, glazed and red-eyed glaring. i remember listening to you feeling in my heart that you were a natural liar and a soulless prick. i asked you how you were doing once, being friendly and to see what you would say and you gave  your best imitation of a human response. once when you walked by after an especially boring and programmed "rap" i flicked something on your thigh pantleg. it was an especially large lugee coughed up by me and secretly saved by me to deposit on you.i was on the outside of the little row so i had a great shot. the reason you didn't notice is because your little barker-brown nose was turned up to the sheeple so intent on falling in line.i spit on you then and i would gladly do so now. you were a mind controlled sap delivering program trauma to innocent teenagers with asleep parents. your kind has always been good for agency work and the coolest part of your miserable existence is that you haven't learned a damn thing since then. you miscreants always harped on peoples'awareness but ironically, as it turns out, you are STILL the least aware of all.don't you realize yet that the seed and all programs like it were psyops funded by your benevolent lizard government? haven't you read this forum for the info supplied by the folks who woke up from their programming? no? then you deserve to remain asleep.willful narcolepsy.
 once a junkie always a junkie.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Some insight(s)
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2005, 06:57:00 PM »
Oh my!  :rofl:

If they can get you to ask the wrong questions they don't have to worry about the answers

--Thomas Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow (Proverbs for Paranoids)

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2005, 01:25:00 PM »
WOW JUST GOT CURIOUS ON MY SEED ANNIVERSARY. wHEN DID THE PROGRAM CLOSE? I attended the Seed in Cleveland. I remember Bob as a compassionate staff member. What a flood of memories and feelings this site brought back. I have often said I thank God for the Seed and I thank God I grew out of it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2005, 01:47:00 PM »
Oh My! ::bigsmilebounce::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2005, 10:50:00 AM »
does any one know in what publication and by what reporter can we read about fuelaw?s beatings?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2005, 08:06:00 PM »
As Wallter noted in another thread, those who know are not talking, those who talk don't know. Guess you'll just have to wait, huh?

Who is this, anyway?

War is God?s way of teaching Americans geography.

--Ambrose Bierce (died 1914)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2005, 04:24:00 PM »
I was there in '73. Signed myself in.  Good move.  A part of The Seed will always be with me.  Self-reliance, self-honesty. Many good things that were hard to learn.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2005, 04:47:00 PM »
I agree.  Until I went into The Seed, I didn't know who I was.  Certainly didn't like myself.  It was scary.  Living with people I didn't know, sitting in the group from 10 to 10.  But PLEASE! There were no beatings, get real!  And the food, yeah, sometimes it was an orange, koolaid and a baloney sandwich, THAT WAS BECAUSE THE PARENTS WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR DONATING FOOD FOR ONE MEAL.  I think - per month.  Not because of abuse.  I remember special meals donated by parents from McDonalds, and Easter dinner. How do you think a program like the Seed existed?  Donations and self-sufficiency.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2005, 04:56:00 PM »
Dude, you have no idea. The parents paid, and they donated money, food, fundraising and recruiting. All that on top of millions in Federal funding. At the end of the day, Art, Shelly, Lybbi and a few others are millionaires.

Are you saying these people are lying about the physical abuse? Think Frank made it all up? I don't.

I cannot believe in the immortality of the soul.... No, all this talk of an existence for us, as individuals, beyond the grave is wrong. It is born of our tenacity of life -- our desire to go on living -- our dread of coming to an end.
--Thomas Edison, American inventor

Offline FueLaw

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2005, 06:11:00 PM »
Let me see if I got this straight, the people who said they were abused are making it all up. And the reason they would make this stuff up is?

Forget the physical abuse. What about the mental torture?

The Seed was already receiving federal grant money in 1972. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Finally, are we saying that a good place to find yourself is in the middle of a cult?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2005, 06:19:00 PM »
we have proof that lybbi made millions from the seed?