Author Topic: Some insight(s)  (Read 36642 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2005, 09:58:00 AM »
On 2005-10-18 10:47:00, Antigen wrote:

"Oh, I didn't think you were being sarcastic. And yeah, there's at least one other former staffer who reads and posts here frequently. And I suspect at least one other did a drive by come down a few months back.

Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?"
Priest: "No, not if you did not know."
Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"
--Annie Dillard, "Pilgrim at Tinker Creek"

"

And for clues on who that might be, try the thread about John Perloff's new cultish activities and read between the lines from the poster defending him.

I know who it is but I'm not telling.   :lol:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2005, 12:34:00 AM »
Its funny that a person like John Underwood who did not have a clue would start a thread called some insights. If Underwood would not have hit on a few of Art's favorite girls he may have become rich like the rest of the clan.

Offline RicciC

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2005, 01:00:00 PM »
 Gregfl said:  One small point John...that post you allude to indicated that persons at the St Pete Seed were punched BY Their parents at the direction of the staff. This in fact is well documented in the press and I have an indpendent memory of it occuring to two seperate people. Also, the threat was made to the group that it could happen to anyone. Hell, my father even remembers this as it was great topic of conversation among the parents. Of course he alledges he would have "never participated".

I am not alledging you had ANY involvement in this as I have no recollection of you being there during this fiasco, and it was admittedly done over a short period of time. However, this story made the local and national press . I will be happy to forward you a copy of the article where it appeared.

Okay, I can't shut up.

greg can you forward me a copy of the article-I barely remember this happing. I had a hard time believing this until the end of my daze!

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2005, 01:40:00 PM »
Do you have a sister ? Robin?

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2005, 03:10:00 PM »
Tell you what, when I get to my office next week, I will post the reference and an excerpt of the article.

I was also there,  as was my sister, and she knew a girl that it happened to as well. My father was also well aware of it DURING THE TIME IT OCCURED, as were the other seed parents in st pete.

My father was fond, post seed years, of saying he never would have participated in that, but I suspect he would have if the staff had told him it was necessary in order to get me "straight".

Offline cajun75

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2005, 09:56:00 PM »
Dear All,

I just got back from visiting my brother who informed me of this web site. I don't understand the hostility some of you still harbor. I was at the seed from February 75 to February 76. I don't think about it all that much. I finished high school, went on to college and now operate my own practice as a certified public accountant. It was a little different for me as I had to live with foster parents during my year there, as my parents were living in Texas at that time. I sometimes wonder what ever happened to some of the people I got to know during that time of my life. As for as today, like I said, I do not think about it very much at all. My wife knows about it as I do not try to hide the fact I was there. I try living my life today in a loving and caring way as I have a deep faith in God. I don't necessarily believe that because of the seed, I am where I am today but who knows? I was just a kid at the time. I can say I was never mistreated while I was there. I remember Robert, Cliff, and John. I never had a problem with any of them and hope they are all doing well.

Chuck [ This Message was edited by: cajun75 on 2005-11-09 09:14 ]

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2005, 11:39:00 PM »
Welcome.  Can you tell us a story about something you remember when you were there?

Offline cajun75

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »
Hi Greg,

No, I really don't remember very much to be honest with you. It all seems a blur now. Just living in different foster homes. Went to a couple of high schools there. North Miami Senior High was one of them. I lived with a guy named Terry and his family for a while but I don't even remember his last name. I have never been back to that area of the country. Not because of anything bad, just never had any reason to go back there. When I left I think I just put the whole experience behind me and moved on with my life. I moved back to Louisiana as my father had a farm here and I have never left Louisiana.

Kind Regards,

Chuck

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »
What about before you went in? What do you remember about that?

Were you a drug addict?  Were you in trouble. What lead your parents to putting you in the seed?

welcome again.

Offline cajun75

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2005, 06:37:00 PM »
Dear Anonymous,

Yes I was doing drugs at the time. No I would say I was not an addict. I would also say I was not in trouble. And it is a long story of why my parents put me in the seed.

It started when my parents divorced when I was fifteen. My mother moved to a different town and I stayed with my Dad. He traveled a lot and left me and my younger brother to fend for ourselves while he was out of town. We were not bad kids and I never got in touble with law enforcement. I would never have stole, robbed or would have done anything criminal. Me and my brother had different sets of friends and I think he was in a little deeper than I was. He overdosed on valume one time and that is when my Dad who had heard of the Seed, flew him out to Ft. Lauderdale and that is how he got there. Of course he told them I needed to be there also and that is how I got there.

I think things happen for a reason. I do not regret anything. I think it did give me some direction I needed at that time in my life, although I do not dwell on it and to this day have a very good relationship with both of my parents. We all make mistakes in life but what really matters is how we treat each other and if we can learn from each other as well. I learned some truths at the seed but it still goes deeper than that. If I can teach someone else truths that I have learned in life, then that is a good thing. If someone else can teach me something in return, then that is also good. Like I said before, I have a very deep spritual relationship with God. I know now I am a Spirit and try and pattern my life the way Jesus lived his.

Kind Regards,

Chuck

Offline RicciC

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2005, 12:21:00 PM »
yes I do, Robin is doing well

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2005, 03:20:00 PM »
Chuck,
I remember you and you brother.  I remember your dad too.  You guys were good kids.  You were the much taller one right.  Who knows you both are probably big guys now.  I know your brother is a doctor.  I'm so glad to hear everything worked out so well for both of you.  

Regards,
Lauderdale

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2005, 03:25:00 PM »
I just got power back two days ago.  It took 2 weeks.  Yabba daba do ( a Wilma joke)I'm very grateful for electric especially hot water.  Still it was nothing like Katrina.
Cajun75 were you affected by Katrina?[ This Message was edited by: Ft. Lauderdale on 2005-11-09 12:27 ]

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2005, 03:54:00 PM »
I'm off to New York for a few days.  Gonna catch a Broadway show, a pastrami sandwich and a frozen hot choclate at Serendipities. Man, I'm excited.
Catch ya' all later.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Some insight(s)
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2005, 07:33:00 PM »
Have fun!