Author Topic: Petition Concerning WWASP  (Read 6245 times)

Offline Jeff_Berryman

• View Profile
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
hen I mount my horse, ALL THE WINDMILLS IN SPAIN TREMBLE!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Petition Concerning WWASP
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 02:27:00 PM »
Hey Jeff ... you still supporting PURE or have you decided to be a REAL advocate for the rights of minors?

Which is it?  

And please, save me the schtick about how some kids really do need treatment ... because while no one denies that ... that's a job for behavioral healthcare experts not some parent who thinks they can tell a good program from a bad program based on their poor choices.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 02:36:00 PM »
I wonder, did you know Jeff, that Susan was helping recrut kids for the Brat camp thing? Or at least, it was an outdoor rehab with a film crew tagging along.  I assume it was Brat camp. Call Shannon and ask about it. Susan thought she might want to send her daughter.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »
Parenting is a full time job ... no matter how much money Mom and/or Dad have to spend shipping their kid in and out of programs ... they are still paying someone else to PARENT their child.  

Why?

What possible reason would a parent have to keep their own kid under lock and key for weeks, months even years?

These aren't good kids making bad choices .. they are bad parents who can afford to waste thousands of dollars paying somebody to babysit their child 24/7 until they turn 18.  

What a crock ... wilderness therapy camps are nothing more than a precursor to locked boarding schools.

The least these disgusting parents and the programs they support could do is be honest about it.

Ooops, that would require having I.N.T.E.G.R.I.T.Y ... something these greedy, ignorant fools wouldn't know the first thing about.

:flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 05:30:00 PM »
Brat Camp is a show that is doomed for failure.  It's reality tv at it's most inane. Seriously, who wants to watch a bunch of so-called bratty teens trekking around the wilderness?  Teens themselves won't watch the show leaving the advertisers with no consumer audience.  

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2005, 05:50:00 PM »
All the soccermommies are gonna gobble it up.

The religion of one age is the literary entertainment of the next.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson, American essayist, poet, philosopher

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 06:15:00 PM »
On 2005-07-09 14:50:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"All the soccermommies are gonna gobble it up.

The religion of one age is the literary entertainment of the next.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson, American essayist, poet, philosopher

"

Uggh, soccer moms.  Now there's a group of demented parents who need a reality check.  

The good news is Brat Camp may actually work to keep kids out of these programs when teens get wind of their soccer mom's cult like affectation for the show.  

Knowledge is power.  Smart teens will just kiss ass a little better and tell their dear crazed mothers how they NEVER HAVE to worry about them b/c they are NOT like those stupid, bratty kids with LOW SELF-ESTEEM.  They are WINNERS.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2005, 06:17:00 PM »
On 2005-07-09 14:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Brat Camp is a show that is doomed for failure.  It's reality tv at it's most inane. Seriously, who wants to watch a bunch of so-called bratty teens trekking around the wilderness?  Teens themselves won't watch the show leaving the advertisers with no consumer audience.  

"

i agree, this crap they are putting out as tv will have no audience. its just too stupid.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2005, 06:34:00 PM »
To the annon who said: "What a crock ... wilderness therapy camps are nothing more than a precursor to locked boarding schools."

THANK YOU! That is sooooo true.  I was sent to a "30-day wilderness camp" which somehow turned into almost year in lockdown because I passed out in a field (from dehydration and over-exertion) and woke up in the van on the way to lockdown. Life is sweet, aint it?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2005, 06:51:00 PM »
On 2005-07-09 15:17:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-07-09 14:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Brat Camp is a show that is doomed for failure.  It's reality tv at it's most inane. Seriously, who wants to watch a bunch of so-called bratty teens trekking around the wilderness?  Teens themselves won't watch the show leaving the advertisers with no consumer audience.  

"

i agree, this crap they are putting out as tv will have no audience. its just too stupid. "

I wish that were so.  The original British show has already run for two series and has been shown in Australia and New Zealand too.  It won an International Emmy.  When it was shown on ABC Family it did so well that they decided to make one of their own.

The dispiriting thing is that it is the teenagers who lap it up.  Look at the ABC Family Brat Camp message board.  It is mostly kids arguing about which of the participants is most good looking.  (A notable exception is a recent post by Barbe Stamps).  One youngster was so anxious to get his 15 minutes of fame that he was asking how to sign up.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2005, 08:06:00 PM »
Everyone is tricked or forced into thinking that suffering and hardship and other "tough" words are somehow "good for them".

Nevermind that the mentality itself is ridiculous, if everyone eles thinks it why stand out? (Per their logic, they should just put all the violent criminals to work beating everyone in middleschool and up so they get 'emotional growth') Besides, most of them are just watching it as a show - as something that is fiction, it doesnt click to them that its real. I tell someone about tranquility bay and it wont click. I read to them statement "E" from ISAC and they usually either just think its a lie or sit there in shock.

It took incessant nagging on my part to get my mom to watch montel williams when it had the show about WWASPS the second time (with the lovely editing out of PURE bullshit :grin:). And the thing is, she knew on an INTELLECTUAL level that this was real, but it never clicked with her REALITY until she saw this. Unfortuantely she didnt see Samanta Monroe talking - I think that a GROWN WOMAN talking about this might have gotten it across to another one.

Ministers say that they teach charity. That is natural. They live on hand-outs. All beggars teach that others should give.
--Robert G. Ingersoll, American politician and lecturer

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2005, 10:54:00 AM »
I really do wonder, did you know that Susan was helping recruit kids for the Brat camp thing?
Call Shannon and ask about it. Susan thought she might want to send her daughter.

I also wonder - why haven't you ever sent out copies of the articles in the situation at Whitmore? If these things were taking place at SCL or IRA you'd be sending the articles out far and wide.

Not that I don't know why you haven't . . .
I guess its just that I am surprised you would let "that" stop you from doing what you do - advocating for kids placed in abusive and neglectful programs.

How is it you can accept ,on one referral agent's word, that the Whitmore families are lying manipulators with an agenda - but not accept that same argument in the case of all others?

Please don't misunderstand. I have always liked and respected you Jeff. I am not meaning to attack you - I guess I am just hoping to get you thinking.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2005, 12:27:00 PM »
On 2005-07-10 07:54:00, BuzzKill wrote:

"I really do wonder, did you know that Susan was helping recruit kids for the Brat camp thing?

Call Shannon and ask about it. Susan thought she might want to send her daughter.

I also wonder - why haven't you ever sent out copies of the articles in the situation at Whitmore? If these things were taking place at SCL or IRA you'd be sending the articles out far and wide.

Not that I don't know why you haven't . . .

I guess its just that I am surprised you would let "that" stop you from doing what you do - advocating for kids placed in abusive and neglectful programs.

How is it you can accept ,on one referral agent's word, that the Whitmore families are lying manipulators with an agenda - but not accept that same argument in the case of all others?

Please don't misunderstand. I have always liked and respected you Jeff. I am not meaning to attack you - I guess I am just hoping to get you thinking.

"

I agree Buzzkill, but I seriously doubt you will get an answer from Berryman that truthfully explains why he continues to ride WWASPS's ass all the while ignoring the elephant in the room (e.g. Whitmore).

It's really a shame the poor guy hasn't figured out he's been beating the wrong drum for the past 3 years or so.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2005, 01:26:00 PM »
No, that is not what I mean -
He's banging on the right drum alright.
He just needs to bang on them all - there are many drums in a drum set - and bongos and all kinds of other things that one also bangs on.
I just think he needs to think about why this one drum isn't getting any play.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2005, 02:04:00 PM »
On 2005-07-10 10:26:00, BuzzKill wrote:

"No, that is not what I mean -

He's banging on the right drum alright.

He just needs to bang on them all - there are many drums in a drum set - and bongos and all kinds of other things that one also bangs on.

I just think he needs to think about why this one drum isn't getting any play.

"

Unlike you Buzz, I lost any and all respect for Berryman after reading about his association with PURE in the court documents.

The guy is smart enough to know WWASPS ain't the only bad kid on the block and that this business of programs paying finder's fees stinks to high heaven.

He's a lost cause.