Author Topic: TO ALL PARENTS  (Read 8946 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TO ALL PARENTS
« on: March 22, 2005, 09:39:00 PM »
Hello everyone, this is Tori DeGarmo. Right now I am at home in Florida, the Whitmore is traveling south. I took the week to visit my parents and my brother who just got back from Iraq. There are a bunch of misrepresentations, misleading comments, lies, and the questions are endless...What I would like to say is simple. I love my family (my blood and also my close friends that I consider family) as I am sure many of you do too wherever you are. I am a former student of the Whitmore and since have gone back to work- but it's basically helping out, being a good friend, a positive influence...I'm not perfect. No one is- and thats no excuse for abusers out in the world. But nobody I know and devote my time for are abusive. The Sudweeks, myself, or anyone I choose to be around- they all have a lot in common. They are devoted to helping others. The Sudweeks have their flaws- and these are not just theirs alone, its the kids mostly- like in communication. But take this really good example. The students are packing to leave for a travel study trip and some of them ask to call their parents and the other 80 percent choose not to. Now parents left and right are wondering and questioning, all with excellent reason to do so for their childs life is in the hands of those hundreds of miles away. Need for improvement? Of course! And things are being done in everyones power to do so. I am here for anyone who needs answers. ([email protected]). There is no abuse. There is lack of communication- but like that of the students not bothering to call their parents-that is solely their responsibility and something that could be talked about between parents and their kids. I am hearing whispering through cracks that some parents are very close to quitting this whole journey- dont quit. Ask, look around for advice- listen to the minority in this case- because I am proof that all is well...and I need your help to get things even better and looking up...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TO ALL PARENTS
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 10:10:00 PM »
Why Tori, if the little Caring Parents chat site was open to ALL THE PARENTS of Whitmore, and not just the "elite few who are invited to join" you could have just sent a message on that site!!!!! and had everyone join in for a friendly chat.

Now you probably have a whole bunch of parents really worried. Your might provide more information like:
When did the traveling warriors leave?
What is their exact destination?
How long will they be gone?
Is their fine education continuing..are all the
  certified teachers all packed up with them?
  Graduation is right around the corner you know!
Are they cleaning up the Sudweeks' hurricane  mess, OR are they actually on vacation?
Did any of the "bad, misbehaving kids" get left
   behind, and if so---who's watching them?
Who's watching over the defenless horses?
Just what kind of "keeping the family unit
   together is going on at the Whitmore...that
   parents are not a PRIOITY, and are not given
   at least a phone call??? 80% don't call home?
Just how much Kool-Aid was packed for this trip?

Offline Gmom

• View Profile
TO ALL PARENTS
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 10:21:00 PM »
Tori,

What about what happened to Joey?  What about Erica?  Are you telling us that nothing that the kids who are talking against the Whitmore ever happened?  Seems to me, when a business "Whitmore" says that it provides certain services, and they take money for that service, they should provide that service.  There should not be "mistakes."  No, I think this is a little more than a "communication" problem.

By the way, have you been paid for your employment at Whitmore?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TO ALL PARENTS
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 10:26:00 PM »
Doesn't sound like anything new is going on---total lack of communication with parents. Same old thing. It is Easter Week. I would be furious if I had not heard from my child during this holiday week, and before the Sudweeks left for an extended trip.
I would also be very very concerned if the Sudweeks had my child out of the country while a criminal investigation was still underway.

I would also be upset that this forum would be selected as a means of communication for parents with students at Whitmore--there are emails, phones available at the Whitmore. Each child is required to have their own laptop, you know.

Any responsible adult/owner of a school would make it mandatory that each student at least call their parent(s) prior to leaving for an out-of-the-country-trip.

Exactly what LIES, STORIES, are being told, heard? It seems like parents NEED to be talking to each other. Or perhaps they need to be talking to the detective in charge of the investigation there in Nephi, Justin Kimball.
If my son or daughter was still at Whitmore, I would be very concerned.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TO ALL PARENTS
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 10:28:00 PM »
YEA RIGHT---Let's blame the kids.  That's the way it is done at Whitmore.  Blame the kids. What a crock!

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
TO ALL PARENTS
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 10:37:00 PM »
Tori,
What is the deal?
Are you employed at the Whitmore Academy or NOT?
In the same sentence you say you work there, then you correct yourself and say you just help out,.... Do you get a paycheck?

What do you mean trying to blame 80% of the kids for not calling home? IF that many kids decided on their own not to call home---then something very very strange is going on at the Whitmore. It is Easter time, family time, a holy week. REAL family should be foremost on the minds of the kids there.

What's all the problems there with the parents? Sounds like quite a few parents seem ready to pull their children out of Whitmore from your message.

Why isn't Mark or Cheryl Sudweeks making this plea? Why are they depending on a teenage girl, who MAY OR MAY not be an employee of theirs to speak to parents, who just may honestly be concerned about their children?

P.S. I am happy that your brother is home safely from Iraq.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TO ALL PARENTS
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 10:53:00 PM »
On 2005-03-22 18:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hello everyone, this is Tori DeGarmo. Right now I am at home in Florida, the Whitmore is traveling south. I took the week to visit my parents and my brother who just got back from Iraq. There are a bunch of misrepresentations, misleading comments, lies, and the questions are endless...What I would like to say is simple. I love my family (my blood and also my close friends that I consider family) as I am sure many of you do too wherever you are. I am a former student of the Whitmore and since have gone back to work- but it's basically helping out, being a good friend, a positive influence...I'm not perfect. No one is- and thats no excuse for abusers out in the world. But nobody I know and devote my time for are abusive. The Sudweeks, myself, or anyone I choose to be around- they all have a lot in common. They are devoted to helping others. The Sudweeks have their flaws- and these are not just theirs alone, its the kids mostly- like in communication. But take this really good example. The students are packing to leave for a travel study trip and some of them ask to call their parents and the other 80 percent choose not to. Now parents left and right are wondering and questioning, all with excellent reason to do so for their childs life is in the hands of those hundreds of miles away. Need for improvement? Of course! And things are being done in everyones power to do so. I am here for anyone who needs answers. (http://helpyourteens.com/about_us.html

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TO ALL PARENTS
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 10:58:00 PM »
On 2005-03-22 18:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hello everyone, this is Tori DeGarmo. Right now I am at home in Florida, the Whitmore is traveling south. I took the week to visit my parents and my brother who just got back from Iraq. There are a bunch of misrepresentations, misleading comments, lies, and the questions are endless...What I would like to say is simple. I love my family (my blood and also my close friends that I consider family) as I am sure many of you do too wherever you are. I am a former student of the Whitmore and since have gone back to work- but it's basically helping out, being a good friend, a positive influence...I'm not perfect. No one is- and thats no excuse for abusers out in the world. But nobody I know and devote my time for are abusive. The Sudweeks, myself, or anyone I choose to be around- they all have a lot in common. They are devoted to helping others. The Sudweeks have their flaws- and these are not just theirs alone, its the kids mostly- like in communication. But take this really good example. The students are packing to leave for a travel study trip and some of them ask to call their parents and the other 80 percent choose not to. Now parents left and right are wondering and questioning, all with excellent reason to do so for their childs life is in the hands of those hundreds of miles away. Need for improvement? Of course! And things are being done in everyones power to do so. I am here for anyone who needs answers. ([email protected]). There is no abuse. There is lack of communication- but like that of the students not bothering to call their parents-that is solely their responsibility and something that could be talked about between parents and their kids. I am hearing whispering through cracks that some parents are very close to quitting this whole journey- dont quit. Ask, look around for advice- listen to the minority in this case- because I am proof that all is well...and I need your help to get things even better and looking up..."

Are you telling me that there are parents of current "students" at the Whitmore who are worried and want to speak to their kids before they're taken out of the country are having to come here to find out information???  I'm sorry, but WTF is wrong with you people?  All of you.  Parents, GO GET YOU DAMN KIDS, RIGHT NOW!!  I mean are you fucking kidding me? :scared:  Have you called?  What are you being told?   GO GET YOUR KIDS NOW.  Goddamnit people, wake the hell up!!  Your kids are being taken out of the country without your concerns being addressed or even a chance to say goodbye.  And if this is really true that this is happening, then Suds, PURE et al, how DARE you!  This is way beyond a little "communication problem".  How fucking dare you!!

Offline mom2three

• View Profile
TO ALL PARENTS
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 11:05:00 PM »
Are you being paid?

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
TO ALL PARENTS
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2005, 11:17:00 PM »
Alana Degarmo is Tori's mother.  Tori is the former student who "works" at the Whitmore now, and just posted here.

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
TO ALL PARENTS
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2005, 11:33:00 PM »
What needs to be improved?  There is nothing to be offered at Whitmore now except academic schooling. The Sudweeks have NO LICENSE for any treatment facility. Wasn't Tom Hudson hired as the administrator to have the "school" in tip top shape, and running RIGHT? Isn't Bernie Farrow hired there as the "school counselor?" Don't we "hear" that the Sudweeks have hired "certified teachers?"  Haven't the Sudweeks built a new School Building? Perhaps things are a bit crowded at the MANSION since the Sudweeks can't house kids down at the Boys House and at the School Building?  What is going on there?
What are these parents so worried about?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TO ALL PARENTS
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2005, 11:39:00 PM »
Perhaps Alana DeGarma needs to go to Teen Help Industry Thread and read a few of the topics about her friend Sue Scheff, she might find some of that information about her and Whitmore interesting.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
TO ALL PARENTS
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2005, 11:48:00 PM »
Alana, you say no abuse happened, don't worry. Well a few different people have told of violence, strange rituals and other questionable activity going on at the Whitmore. Here's a short list from memory:

There's whatever happened to a kid named Joey. The incident at the movie theatre. Kids being told that their families either didn't want them or weren't their families anymore--that the Whitmore was now their family, kids getting beat up for calling asking to come home, not enough sleep, coerced daily indoctrination (subliminals), inadequate education, free labour, "Group" called on a kid for whatever reason, going on into the night (add to stress and sleep deprivation), inadequate food (food deprivation used as punishment).

That's not even a complete list. Are you saying these things didn't happen or that it happened but it's ok?

Then there are the things we've seen here in this forum. Kids and possibly others (who knows?) threatening violence and blackmail against any kids who had any complaints about the Whitmore. Then there was the publishing of confidential information about a minor child. That I can tell you came from the same internet account as other posts confirming that they were sitting in a room at the Whitmore (in case we hadn't guessed) --one of them saying they were looking Cheryl right in the face.

You can't tell me that these things didn't happen. Are you saying you're alright with that?

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism--how passionately I hate them!
--Albert Einstein

10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TO ALL PARENTS
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2005, 12:30:00 AM »
So Tori's mother is a PURE parent volunteer?

:???:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TO ALL PARENTS
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2005, 09:07:00 AM »
Ginger,

You forgot to mention the erratic behavior of that Cheryl womman.The trips to the store to buy pills for weight loss.The screaming in the middle of the night.

IMO that would be very scary .