Author Topic: Open your eyes CEDU !!  (Read 9840 times)

Offline ottawa5

• View Profile
Open your eyes CEDU !!
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2004, 02:07:00 AM »
"This lady" is ottawa5, I just was working on two computer screens at once (my thesis and all) and forgot to enter my username, I guess, when I responded to the Anon post from the 2002 grad.

So anyone who reads this, may answer me if they wish, although most of the regulars here know my point of view. However, new info is always welcome.

One of the points I wanted to bring up if the 2002 grad came back to this site and responded was this :

"If you've had a good experience in your life, that means something to you, don't let anyone take it away from you. Not to be accomodating to other points of view, not out of fear of ridicule or anger, not for any reason.

On the other hand, if you find that your perspective about your school experience does change with time, well, acknowledge that too, since it is your experience, not to be tampered with simply to justify the experience of others. Coming to a different point of view through your own considerations and reflection is quite different from accepting someone else's prophesy of dire future reformulations of your experience."

And to the "Someone answer this lady" Anon poster: I do not think that (the collective) you at this site are "full of crap", I do think that not everyone who attended an emotional growth school experienced it in the same way. And I do believe that it makes some posters hopping mad that other people had a positive experience when they did not.

I, for one, reject as unreasonable on its face, the notion that everyone who had a good experience was brainwashed, etc.,  and I continue to be interested in the true underlying reasons for these different points of view.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Open your eyes CEDU !!
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2004, 02:16:00 AM »
It's shanlea. I know it was you. I feel you skirt around the issues of coercion and abusiveness that takes place in these raps. I am too tired to argue anymore and yes it does piss me off because i saw unethical, inhumane practices not only applied to me but to the majority. Am I supposed to clap my hands that some of them like to have their heads handed to them on a platter and that many of their disclosures were coerced or used against them in non-therapeutic ways?  Much of Germany followed Hitler around like robots until the world crashed down on them.

It would be fun to debate your son on this site and get his perspective as a student who loves it!

Offline ottawa5

• View Profile
Open your eyes CEDU !!
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2004, 02:49:00 AM »
I would love it if my son would debate some of you on this site. He is certainly not a retiring person and is always one to stand up for his rights, and the rights of others--I've mentioned it but he just seems to see the site as useless bickering at this point anyway.

I, of course, like a mom, try to keep the door open to future discussions, not only because I do not see it as useless bickering (at least not just that), but because it would be very amusing to see him interact with certain players in this forum. Time will tell.

Now, as long as I am here, I do not see how you can say that I "skirt around" issues like coercion and abusiveness.  

Abusiveness is easy, I'm against it, and the issue is only what is to be defined as abusive.  Some of the things described here sound abusive to me, others, well, it's a matter of opinion.

Coercion is a bit more complex: I don't see how a parent can raise a child without some coercion and even with a teenager, some degree of coercion is expected. By "coerce" I mean, a la dictionnaire, to persuade an unwilling person to do something by "force".

By "force" in this context, I don't mean physical attack, "force" after all means also mental or moral strength or power (although with a young child, I suppose we do use physical "force" in the sense of physically taking him or her out of dangerous situations often unwillingingly, even when we do not spank or punish physically). I guess you can say "persuade", but with the power differential between children and adults at all levles, I think "coerce" is more honest.

Coercion, considered this way, in the context of the schools and raps likely has to play some part of the program (I like the idea of minimizing it as much as possible, because it can backfire with certain groups of children).  Much of what you describe in your complaints against the school sounds abusive rather than coercive, if you are an accurate correspondent.

After all, though, there is really no need to bring Nazi Germany into it, can't we do without that kind of hyperbole?

Maybe it is as simple as the type of person who is involved in the experience--some people take things a lot harder than others--I think it is Jerome Kagan's work that indicates that temperament is inborn and very unlikely to change over time. It is clear that something is making a difference in how different students have experienced these schools.  

It's easy for you if you can just write off the ones who were OK with the experience as "identification-with-the-aggressor" automatons. I know a good number of these "automatons" and how can it be that in every current facet of life they are sensitive, justice-seeking, forward-looking, and good people, if their positive experience of the schools, raps and all, is indicative of some sort of character discrepancy?

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
Open your eyes CEDU !!
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2004, 01:43:00 PM »
Ottawa- this is the wrong site for you. You apparently agree with CEDU's methods.  Please continue to post here, though.  You represent EXACTLY what we are fighting.

Your son's experience at CEDU and the fact that he will not post on this site means one of two things.

Either you are a liar or he is a fucking mindless coward.

Already, I personally don't like you nor your son.  Anyone who found CEDU to be a positive experience, I don't see how I could ever like in the light of what really goes on there.

You probably just wanted your son to be a mindless robot you could now control.  I doubt he has one single original thought in his mind.  He is just programmed by you or CEDU.

Bring your son on this site.

Offline ottawa5

• View Profile
Open your eyes CEDU !!
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2004, 02:42:00 PM »
This is the "wrong site" for me?  Who died over the weekend and got you appointed God?  I'll decide what is the "wrong site" for me, thank you.

There are many things that worry me in the world, I admit, but whether you think I am a liar is not high on the list.  Whether or not you like me carries a similar level of concern, although in the best of worlds, it would be a welcomed thing to try to find some common ground between us, as fully functioning adults optimally attempt to do when they disagree.

And do you think that my son, who does not have any interest in the whole site, is very likely to care if some person, who is totally irrelevent to him, is throwing predictable expletives about him in absentia? Still, I'll mention that "Bryan Felsher" has a bad opinion of him, if you think this will be an important influence on his participation.

Actually, I hope he does decide to involve himself sometime, it would help him see the kind of students that CEDU has not work out well for, and that they include both reasonable and less reasonable people,and that, in some cases at least, there are people with some legitimate concerns.

I have absolutely nothing against you personally Bryan, but it is wearying to deal with the anger, the ups-and-downs, the style that is almost like a tantrum--and in a grown-up person.

If you want to have a meaningful conversation, you know where to find me. If not, feel free to use as much time as you find warranted, composing tirades about me and/or my son, and I'll feel free to ignore you, unless it seems relevant, for some reason, to respond.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Open your eyes CEDU !!
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2004, 02:20:00 AM »
Are you M%^* R***.  I get confused about you. YOu've had many helpful posts.  Were you a student or a staff.

Who do you do now.

---shanlea

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Open your eyes CEDU !!
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2004, 08:45:00 AM »
Ottawa, you say your son is "one to always stand up for his rights" yet you have also made it very clear that he willingly stayed and graduated from Rocky Mountain Academy, that's a huge contrradiction of terms.  Your son sounds more like a big pussy to me!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Open your eyes CEDU !!
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2004, 03:06:00 PM »
Max,
I meant WHAT do you do now, not who. Sorry!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Open your eyes CEDU !!
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2004, 03:15:00 AM »
:scared: RMA has actually collapsed. anyone who wants details can email me at [email protected]. i fucking hate that place so i am happy but yeah. i'm drunk as hit so you all have fun.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Open your eyes CEDU !!
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2004, 01:20:00 PM »
On 2004-07-24 23:49:00, ottawa5 wrote:

Coercion is a bit more complex: I don't see how a parent can raise a child without some coercion and even with a teenager, some degree of coercion is expected. By "coerce" I mean, a la dictionnaire, to persuade an unwilling person to do something by "force".

By "force" in this context, I don't mean physical attack, "force" after all means also mental or moral strength or power (although with a young child, I suppose we do use physical "force" in the sense of physically taking him or her out of dangerous situations often unwillingingly, even when we do not spank or punish physically). I guess you can say "persuade", but with the power differential between children and adults at all levles, I think "coerce" is more honest

You really don't see an alternative? How about reason? Have you ever tried using reason to persuade your teenaged kid to do or not do something? It's the ultumate catch 22 strategy. See, every time the kid rejects your argument and does whatever it is that you didn't want, they find out for themselves how accurate your risk assesment was. If you were right, they respect you all the more and trust you more next time you offer guidance and advice. If you were wrong, well then they gain the benefit of trying out their own ideas. Unless, of course, you're a control freak, in which case they must first endure a couple of years of intense coercion, where they learn to keep mum when they disagree w/ you.

You can lead a camel to water but you can't make it stink (any more than it already does)
-- Job

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Open your eyes CEDU !!
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2004, 03:35:00 PM »
Or try the approach presented in the side-splitting book "Fuck Yes".

Briefly, the teen girl tells her dad that she has decided to become sexually active, and asks if he approved.

His reply, "Yes".

She was shocked and angered at his reply. He had given up the role of all-knowing, authoritarian. She began to espouse all the reasons she shouldn't. Frustrated she asked what was wrong with him. How could he approve.

He assured her that he thought it would be a good idea if that was what she wanted, and then proceeded to lay out what the future might hold if they didn't use birth control.

Dropping out of school, a baby, Bryan flipping burgers to support them, she serving macaroni and cheese for dinner every night (something she despised), or Bryan supporting her through an abortion.

In a humerous way the author, who remains anonymous, attempts to help parents see how they can be helpful without assuming the role of social and moral police. Accurate information in a light and humourously matter-of-fact way. Parents tend to be way too serious. Can't be very effective when your efforts are motivated by fear and your agenda is to control.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
Open your eyes CEDU !!
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2004, 11:38:00 AM »
Does anyone seriously not have a problem with this!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Open your eyes CEDU !!
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »
'm seeing that too Nih.
this is what happens at cedu when allgood was there before he split

13 yr old swimming in the  pool. 3 older boys harrassing and tormenting him. Taking his float, keep away, ducking him, publically humiliating him in front of everyone there.
He snaps and yells that he's going in his house to get a knife. They split and call the police.
The kid does several months in juvie. No questions asked of the tormentors. Their behavior apparently was acceptable. Bait someone and then hollor victim when they react.

I'm not condoning his 'threat', it was extreme, but so were the consequences. He actually had no intention of attacking three older and bigger boys.

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
Open your eyes CEDU !!
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2005, 02:12:00 PM »
Can anyone deny that they didn't hear and witness things like this and much much worse?

That's what therapy is about?

Getting brutalized by sick, disgusting, perverted old men and women 3 times a day for periods lasting up to 6 days straight, coupled with food/sleep deprevation and public humiliation!!!!

That's fucking therapy?!?!?!

Being broken down by up to 12 hour or more labor periods, until pure physical exhaustion made you accept like a beaten dog all the abuse they could lap on you?!!!

Oh, yeah- let's not forget about the 5th grade education they offer!!!

I can't believe I got an "F" in english on my first report card there.  (remember- english credit for raps?)  That "F" was nothing more then blackmail!!

It subtly threatened that if I didn't accept the program and EVEN PARTICIPATE in the abuse, I would not receive my highschool diploma!!.

In fact, they didn't even give it to me. I wasn't able to get a diploma from CEDU until 3 years after my graduation!!

HOW CAN ANYONE WHO IS NOT BLIND SERIOUSLY DEFEND ANY OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

I liken it to the German citizens who blindly, through their acquiesence, supported the Nazis.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Open your eyes CEDU !!
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2005, 02:50:00 PM »
Bryan, did people used to pick on you because your name sounds like Feltcher?  Just curious.

from urbandictionary.com
Feltcher
32 votes

A person who drinks cum from his/her partner's asshole usually via an auxillary aparatus such as a straw or radiator hose.

"I walked in on my father feltching his bowling partner."

Source: Huevos Rancheros, Jan 21, 2003
recommend for deletion | send to a friend

Advertisement - Your message here for $5

Advertise at Urban Dictionary: promote your web site right here for $5Feltcher
12 votes

One who after sucking cum out of his partner's ass will exchange it with him orally.

"The sick bastard was feltching with his gay lover"

Source: noone important, Feb 4, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feltcher
9 votes

a windsurfer, usually of french or european orgin, that looks for pieces and parts that were manufacured before father time and cares for nothing more then how fast the wind is blowiing up his ass.

Do ya really need one!

Source: weenie, Mar 12, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
feltcher
8 votes

You have anal sex with a female (or male if that's your preference) then she (or he) farts the cum back out into your mouth. Upon doing so you drink it all.

Dude last night I gave Steve's mom a feltcher

Source: Marky Mark, Jan 13, 2003

Market Witch Dot BIZ Stocks You Should Own: Stocks from a Sociological Perspectivefeltcher
3 votes

Man who performs anal intercourse and then inserts a straw into the anus and sucks it back out.

One who is a feltcher and feltches.

Source: Ass fucker, Sep 18, 2003

feltcher
no votes

When becky sucks the cum out of someones ass whole, or when someone sucks it out of hers

they feltched all night, becky is definately a feltcher, "He'll feltch your ass man"

Source: crazy, Feb 5, 2004