Author Topic: Hours of inside footage from 96-98!  (Read 1671 times)

Offline WhatIsAtTheEdge

• View Profile
Hours of inside footage from 96-98!
« on: August 26, 2004, 12:15:00 AM »
Wow, its been a long time since I was At CEDU. (running springs during 96-98) I have been to this forum a couple times and I finnaly decided to register, so here I am.

I think I was the only one ever, in CEDU history that was allowed to make films there. While I was attending CEDU I expressed a passion for making movies and eventualy was alowed to use one of thier cameras for about a year or so. I have hours of documentation on film of some of the most inner workings of CEDU, through peer interviews and some really funny things that are enacted on camera.

It is amazing to watch now and look back at all the fun we had. Do any of you remember "The Crew Closet" series of comercials? And the good old times like filming insane people fighting in an abandoned class room using chairs and chains as weapons! HAHAHA so much fun. And the whole Rod Stuart arival special. Anyway, I am wondering if I should do anything with these movies? I Was thinking about putting them on this forum but am afraid about any litigation.

I also have about 1,000 photographs of insane things from when I was documenting the "Under Ground" movement there; those of you that were there during this will know that phrase. I documented everything and have some great photos of MANY MANY out of agreement things. 10 people standing behind the dorms an night whereing rubber gloves to smoke with and using dryer sheets to blow the smoke through. And there was the time when I was documenting people breaking things around campus, such as tiping over statues and breaking tables. LOL or when my friend Charles and I took cigarett orders from everyone and then went into town and bought 12 cartons of smokes!!! This all brings me to how our collective peer groups systematicly and with great thought brought down the school. By the time we left there were only about 10 people that would cop out! The rest, some 100 kids were cool. LOL

The best way to defeat the enemy is from within!

So many stories to tell, not enough space! Anyway, if any of you remeber me and want to see all this stuff, or have ideas of what to do with it, let me know. Show yourself friends!!!

Steve BowChickaBrow---- :wave:  

Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun, so once when I was six, I did. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus, and for a moment I understood.[ This Message was edited by: WhatIsAtTheEdge on 2004-08-25 21:21 ][ This Message was edited by: WhatIsAtTheEdge on 2004-08-25 22:37 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ersonal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun, so once when I was six, I did. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came int

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 10:25:00 AM »
crew closet!!

steve...petka??

i was there toward the end of your stay... you guys certainly did a kick-ass job bringing the skool down; it made it so much easier for the rest of us.  i'm not sure that they've ever fully recovered; surely, it didn't happen until after my peer group and i left.
 i totally want to see your videos!  i'm impressed that you have footage of that hole... i didn't know it was possible.  i might like to use some of it if you'd let me.

[ This Message was edited by: mikehunt on 2004-08-26 07:33 ]
aura solomon

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 07:32:00 PM »
you guys are so lucky, you make what was my prison sound like...a regular boarding school!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 06:46:00 PM »
Hey-

I honestly can't believe I'm using one of these sites again, seeing as how I left BCA almost 3 years ago, but here goes.  At BCA, me, my lil bro Jason, and this kid Artie also made Hi8 movies about my psycho stuffed cat, Rasputin.  There were so many inside jokes and good people that I met there.  I can't help but notice people ragging on BCA and the staff and kids.  I can't say that I didn't dislike that school, but I can honestly say that I made some fucking AWESOME friends there.  I also wanted to point out the fact that Jim Hooper (who I see has been trashed on this site) and John the librarian were both very supportive of a "filmmaking" program there, and still stick out in my mind as being two of the most interesting characters I have ever encountered.  I'm getting a lil sidetracked...I'd be curious to see your videos, if you have a way to digitize them.  I work at a commercial production company in new york (and you think CEDU is corrupt?).  

Henry, NYC

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 12:09:00 AM »
Steve-

I would be very interested in incorporating your footage into my documentary.  
(See thread -> DOCUMENTARY FILM.)

I would be intersted in hearing your opinions as a fellow filmmaker.

please e-mail me so we can chat about it.
Matt

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 12:11:00 AM »
PS -- my e-mail is [email protected]

Matt

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 02:34:00 AM »
Steve Browning
Hows the whole star wars thing going?
Do you still play with those action figures?