Author Topic: Many Many Programs Abuse Kids  (Read 39436 times)

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
Re: Many Many Programs Abuse Kids
« Reply #300 on: October 10, 2010, 09:52:34 AM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Quote from: "RobertBruce"
What we know is that the policy has not been modified or changed in more than ten years from HLA to RC. It's the same policy, same procedures, it's still abusive.

I have read the procedure several times and I dont see how any part of it can be defined as abusive.  I dont think the majority of readers would agree with you either.  This is how the word abuse gets so watered down here on fornits with definitions like this.  You are entitled to your opinion as we all are and we can agree to disagree on this point.

Whooter, you are entitled to your opinion and I think we can all agree that you are a liar and a spin doctor with a (badly) hidden agenda.  It was a simple question;  How would a child who is abused in a program report the abuse to a parent when communication is restricted?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 10, 2010, 09:55:27 AM »
Quote from: "Shadyacres"
Whooter, RB asks a valid question and I would like to hear your answer to it;  "How would a child who is abused in a program report the abuse to a parent when communication is restricted?"

If the child is completely restricted then a child cannot report it.  Say if for example the child was placed in isolation.  But if the child has access to other staff then the child can speak with them and report it through their internal reporting process.  The child could write a letter or talk about it to their parents.  If the program is not too isolated the child could walk to a nearby business and telephone someone.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 10, 2010, 09:57:52 AM »

Whooter, you are entitled to your opinion and I think we can all agree that you are a liar and a spin doctor with a (badly) hidden agenda.

I think we have all seen that you have lied from your very first post.  I pointed this out to you and you just ran away which indicated your own guilt.  Why do you lie to the readers this way?  Why not just tell the truth and have an honest discussion?

We should continue this Here:

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Many Many Programs Abuse Kids
« Reply #303 on: October 10, 2010, 10:07:18 AM »

Whooter, you are entitled to your opinion and I think we can all agree that you are a liar and a spin doctor with a (badly) hidden agenda.

I think we have all seen that you have lied from your very first post.  I pointed this out to you and you just ran away which indicated your own guilt.  Why do you lie to the readers this way?  Why not just tell the truth and have an honest discussion?

So now Whooter's asking for honesty when he just admitted his entire "family story" is a gigantic lie he admits he made up to advance his agenda here?  Speaking of "liars"...Take a look below...

This is what he's trying to avoid, Robert.  He finally admitted he's been lying about his made-up daughter for many years and also admits that he's fine with lying as long as it's to advance his agenda of promoting programs.  "The ends justify the means" in the warped mind of this congenital liar.
Whooter finally admits his whole story here is straight cock-and-bull nonsense.

Here he admits to having his SON sent to Second Nature Wilderness:

Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "Guest"
Speaking of wilderness programs and sex, it happens all the time... at least when I was there it did. Its not like they handed out condoms so I wouldn't be surprised if some of the girls go home from wilderness with a whole new set of issues brewing inside them. I never saw a wild tribe like orgy until I was in wilderness, and don't think the staff don't join in. Parents have no idea what happens out there, it was insane.

Thanks guest,I knew it wasnt as bad as people were saying here.  The kids do have fun on these trips, I kind of thought that.

Your welcome, my son really liked it and would like to become a counselor some day which has motivated him to study harder.

Face it.....you got busted buddy boy.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I admit that, Anne, but read through the thread and see what they did to this woman "worried Anne" and calling her son gay and pretending to be survivors with her son.  
I dont see it as being wrong at all.  I feel sorry for the woman.  I would probably do it again if the situation warranted.

Finally forced to admit his whole story here is bullshit.  Priceless.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 10, 2010, 10:11:57 AM »
Whooter, RB asks a valid question and I would like to hear your answer to it;  "How would a child who is abused in a program report the abuse to a parent when communication is restricted?"

If the child is completely restricted then a child cannot report it.  Say if for example the child was placed in isolation.  But if the child has access to other staff then the child can speak with them and report it through their internal reporting process.

Report the abuse to the abusers?  Oh, why didn't I think of that?

The child could write a letter or talk about it to their parents.

Write a letter?  That will be screened by staff before it leaves the facility?  Seriously?  Talk about it to their parents?  How?  Even if they managed to get the privilege to call their parents,  a staff member would be sitting right there with their finger on the phone ready to hang up at the first sign that the kid might be trying to say something unflattering about the program.

If the program is not too isolated the child could walk to a nearby business and telephone someone.

I have never heard of a program where this is possible.  Usually kids are not trusted on their own outside the school walls until they have been at the school for MANY months and have a good case of Stockholm Syndrome.

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 10, 2010, 10:18:54 AM »

We should continue this Here:

My very first post?  What the HELL are you talking about?  It couldn't be that you are just trying to discredit anyone who calls you a liar, could it?

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 10, 2010, 10:21:07 AM »
I have read the procedure several times and I dont see how any part of it can be defined as abusive. I dont think the majority of readers would agree with you either. This is how the word abuse gets so watered down here on fornits with definitions like this. You are entitled to your opinion as we all are and we can agree to disagree on this point.

I don't expect you to consider it abusive, you have too vested an interest in these programs to ever admit that. I also seriously doubt that a majority of posters on fornits want you speaking for them. What I do know is that restricting communication between parents and children is abusive and provides no theraputic value whatsoever. It is mentaly and emotionally abusive in the fact that it seeks to control the child in way the child should not be. It seeks to control what can and cannot be said between parent and child. It seeks to supplant the relationship between parent and child. And damages the relationship and causes mistrust between parent and child.

Can you honestly give me a scenario where communication should be restricted between a non abusive parent and a child?

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 10, 2010, 10:32:50 AM »
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 05:21:57 PM by DannyB II »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 10, 2010, 10:35:53 AM »
Quote from: "RobertBruce"
I have read the procedure several times and I dont see how any part of it can be defined as abusive. I dont think the majority of readers would agree with you either. This is how the word abuse gets so watered down here on fornits with definitions like this. You are entitled to your opinion as we all are and we can agree to disagree on this point.

I don't expect you to consider it abusive, you have too vested an interest in these programs to ever admit that. I also seriously doubt that a majority of posters on fornits want you speaking for them. What I do know is that restricting communication between parents and children is abusive and provides no theraputic value whatsoever. It is mentaly and emotionally abusive in the fact that it seeks to control the child in way the child should not be. It seeks to control what can and cannot be said between parent and child. It seeks to supplant the relationship between parent and child. And damages the relationship and causes mistrust between parent and child.

Can you honestly give me a scenario where communication should be restricted between a non abusive parent and a child?

There are plenty of summer camps and outward bound programs where the child doesn't write a letter until the end of his/her first week and doesnt have phone contact for several.  The procedure outlined above allows the child to begin writing in their first week, speak with their parents the first week and can accomplish a few letters in 3 weeks and then speak with their parents (non conference setting) after 3 weeks.  If this is abusive to you then we clearly disagree and I dont think you will get many people to agree with you.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 10, 2010, 10:43:08 AM »

My very first post?  What the HELL are you talking about?  It couldn't be that you are just trying to discredit anyone who calls you a liar, could it?

Oh my goodness, Shady Acres, you dont think for a minute that someone on fornits would actually call someone else a liar for the sole purpose of discrediting them or their posts would you?

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 10, 2010, 10:49:44 AM »
Just you and the other Nazi still remaining here, how can we get you two to follow your buddy SukitMax?  Do you feel any shame at all when the programs you advocate for so strongly destroy so much potential and so many young lives that haven't even started yet?   Or is it all just concert tickets to you?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 10, 2010, 10:56:55 AM »
Just you and the other Nazi still remaining here, how can we get you two to follow your buddy SukitMax?  Do you feel any shame at all when the programs you advocate for so strongly destroy so much potential and so many young lives that haven't even started yet?   Or is it all just concert tickets to you?

You feel this way because you have not seen all the good that comes out of programs.  You can only see the bad or maybe you have never seen any kids who did well, I really dont know.  I have seen kids who have done terrible,  I have read here about the abuse in programs.  I have also seen the many kids who benefited from their time in a program.  I think it is unfair to only focus on just one aspect or group of graduates.  It would be closed minded of me to only recognize the kids who did well and I think it is equally closed minded of you and anyone else to only recognize the kids who did poorly or were abused.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 10, 2010, 11:00:11 AM »
If the child is completely restricted then a child cannot report it.

That's a BINGO!!!! A child who is abused in his program and is further abused by restricted communication cannot report the abuse. Thank you for finally admitting that this policy fosters an unsafe environment and is in fact abusive.

Say if for example the child was placed in isolation.

Happens quite frequently. I myself was thrown out in the woods for almost a month for beating up a staff member. Another favorite tactic is to simply lock the kid up in an isolation room indefinitly. In either situation the child has no means to report or communicate any abuse to their parents.

But if the child has access to other staff then the child can speak with them and report it through their internal reporting process.

What internal reporting process? Do you have some information on this policy? Are children in the programs made aware of it upon arrival? I sure as hell was never told about one, and I've never heard another former inmate mention one. I don't think I've ever even seen a posting on here about one. What I have heard and seen repeatedly is abusive staff either not reprimanded at all, or let go temporarily only to be rehired a short time later.

Given that the normal response given to a child reporting abuse to another staff member is, "Stop manipulating." this would seem to be a fairly useless option.

The child could write a letter or talk about it to their parents.

We're talking about a scenario in which a child is placed in a program where communication is restricted. Writing a letter isn't going to do any good since all letters are screened, and any letter detailing abuse is going to be trashed. If the child is allowed to call their parents for 15 minutes a week a counselor sits right next to the phone with their finger on the button. Any attemps by the child to communicate they are being abused and the call is terminated. So no luck there.

If the program is not too isolated the child could walk to a nearby business and telephone someone.

Assuming the program isnt too isolated, the child can attempt to run away. If they're seen making the attempt a "take down" is performed which involves tackling the child to the ground and placing them in some form of hold until the child can be returned. Upon returning to the program the child is immediately either placed in isolation, or sent away indefinitely. If the child is able to successfully run away without being caught he has to first convince either a business owner to allow the use of his telephone, or make it to the police. At HLA we were actually warned about the first option. We were told by the headmaster that any attempts to get help from the locals would result in a gun being pointed at our face. Does that strike you as using fear tactics or being manipulative? The second option involves convincing the police to believe you and not simply take you right back to the program where you will of course be isolated. If you are able to use the phone at the police department you still have to hope they wont return you to the program, and the only way that will happen is if your injuries are severe. Of course if your injuries are that severe chances are you weren't able to make to the police station to begin with.

So it appears as if the child who is abused and is restricted in his communication really doesnt have any good option in order to report the abuse. Once again proving that this policy fosters an unsafe environment and is abusive.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 10, 2010, 11:01:08 AM »
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 05:22:27 PM by DannyB II »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 10, 2010, 11:13:48 AM »
RB, you say it is firmly established that RCS has the same policy, procedures and is allegedly abusive. Yet you cite nothing to confirm these accusations.

You mean the post from RC's website posted several days ago and reposted several time by both Whooter John and myself? You mean I should cite that policy Danny? It really would be best if you just held your questions for later.

Is this the procedure, you were explaining to me in another post, that you used to allegedly shut down HLA.

Explain to me why someone would use HLA's communication policy to shut their program down.

Wow, why do you act like this. I can understand you did not like your alleged time in HLA, OK.
Robert what do you hope to accomplish with undocumented information and allegations you can not account for.

Which allegations son, be specific now.

The people in charge at RCS are not going to implode as Buchi did, so good luck. They are professionals.
Everyone wanted Buchi gone as they did Richard Darrington.

Buch is still very much around and involved RC. Richard Darrington does not work at RC nor did he work at HLA. I have no idea why you're bringing him up in this conversation. You only further highlight your ignorance on the subject.