Author Topic: Many Many Programs Abuse Kids  (Read 40319 times)

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
Re: Many Many Programs Abuse Kids
« Reply #285 on: October 09, 2010, 09:56:05 PM »
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 05:20:20 PM by DannyB II »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 09, 2010, 09:58:36 PM »
Quote from: "RobertBruce"

My comments about you lying about ever having a daughter are not an attack. They are simply facts. You need to accept the consequences for your actions John. Stings doesn't it? You can wiggle wiggle but you can't break free. It's for your own good Johnny.

Again John, I challenge you to read my earlier post. Explain to me the differences between the scenario that I described from more than a decade ago, and the current RC policies. Also I'm still waiting on you to explain how a child s supposed to report abuse when communications are restricted?

Bruce, if you feel I have 3 sons and 4 daughters or I lied about having "any" is okay.  If you truly believe I lied that is your prerogative.  But I dont think it is fair to the readers to have this discussion in the middle of every thread you and I engage in.

I have read all the posts previous to this one and I see that the current procedure allows children to contact their families directly as soon as they begin their time in Ridge Creek.  They are allow telephone calls to their parents in about 3 weeks.  I am just referring to their "policy".  If they stray from this then we need to address this.  Since you have never attended Ridge Creek I dont see how you can shed any more light on the policy than what we have read thus far.

As far as reporting abuse I read back and didnt see where I had indicated that I would comment on how they communicate these offenses.  Its an interesting topic and warrants discussion in my opinion.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline thomasC

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 09, 2010, 10:04:09 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Whooter wrote:
Thomasc do you have a link to this? 3 to 6 months is a long time not to speak on the phone. Is this still the current practice? It is good to hear that they allow mail at the onset but I am sure the parents have spoken up about the length of time they need to wait to speak with their child. I am curious to see if they have improved this at all since then. I know at ASR the parents spoke out about this issue and the school changed their procedures for future peer groups.

Have we got the links yet. Robert, please stop cluttering the boards with your blathering. Thanks.

If I told you this was fake and I made it up to make my program look bad would you believe me?  Did it work?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 09, 2010, 10:13:54 PM »
Quote from: "thomasC"
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Whooter wrote:
Thomasc do you have a link to this? 3 to 6 months is a long time not to speak on the phone. Is this still the current practice? It is good to hear that they allow mail at the onset but I am sure the parents have spoken up about the length of time they need to wait to speak with their child. I am curious to see if they have improved this at all since then. I know at ASR the parents spoke out about this issue and the school changed their procedures for future peer groups.

Have we got the links yet. Robert, please stop cluttering the boards with your blathering. Thanks.

If I told you this was fake and I made it up to make my program look bad would you believe me?  Did it work?

I think there are concerns that posters will try to embellish their stories to try to make a program look bad and on the flip side there are posters who state their program is a piece of cake and was like a 5 star resort.  So to try smooth out the extremists on both side we try to get into the habit of posting links when possible.

If you do not have a link just say so and we will take it for what is is worth.  I know there are programs out there which restrict communication for very long periods of time but these are becoming few and far between.  The programs which are holding on to these policies are typically the programs which deal with the hard core kids, runaways, heavy drugs, violent, already have a record etc,
I was just curious as to which program it was and whether they have improved like many of the other programs have.

Offline thomasC

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 09, 2010, 10:27:02 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
The programs which are holding on to these policies are typically the programs which deal with the hard core kids, runaways, heavy drugs, violent, already have a record etc,

Oh, yes. I'm sure that's the reason.  :beat:

This is like second nature to you now, isn't it?

http://http://www.causes.com/causes/26398/about?m=

ISAC is dead so this is all you'll get unless I decide to scan the whole contract some other time.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 09, 2010, 10:33:53 PM »
Quote from: "thomasC"
The programs which are holding on to these policies are typically the programs which deal with the hard core kids, runaways, heavy drugs, violent, already have a record etc,

Oh, yes. I'm sure that's the reason. X|

This is like second nature to you now, isn't it?

http://http://www.causes.com/causes/26398/about?m=

ISAC is dead so this is all you'll get unless I decide to scan the whole contract some other time.

ThomasC, there was a school named Darrington Academy which was one of the last holdouts to handle abusive kids, runaways,Kids addicted to a drug, kids with felony conviction etc. and they would take these children and would not allow them to communicate with their families via telephone for several months because they felt the family was part of the problem.  They allowed letter communication only.  I believe it was  a WWASP facility.  Was this the place you indicated that the kids could write home in the first week or so?  Was this the place where you copied the policy from?

Offline thomasC

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 09, 2010, 11:07:10 PM »

ThomasC, there was a school named Darrington Academy which was one of the last holdouts to handle abusive kids, runaways,Kids addicted to a drug, kids with felony conviction etc. and they would take these children and would not allow them to communicate with their families via telephone for several months because they felt the family was part of the problem.  They allowed letter communication only.  I believe it was  a WWASP facility.  Was this the place you attended and indicated that the kids could write home in the first week or so?  Was this the place where you copied the policy from?

The school told parents to ignore everything in the first letters.  Everything was manipulation and none of it was to be believed.  Even physical abuse (which I was frequently witness to) was dismissed as fabrication without investigation.

If I said I went to Darrington Academy, would that make the policy of holding out phone contact between children and their parents for months as a privilege to be earned acceptable?  What if the children were not "abusive kids, runaways,Kids addicted to a drug, kids with felony conviction etc."?  Would it still be OK?

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 09, 2010, 11:34:54 PM »
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 05:20:48 PM by DannyB II »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline thomasC

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 09, 2010, 11:42:05 PM »
What was that about the bringing of good points, son?

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 10, 2010, 01:10:07 AM »

Danny, please hold your questions till the end of the class, or come and see me during my office hours. It's obvious to everyone that you can't keep up and are just holding up the rest of us. Why don't you put your head down on your desk and take a nap while the rest of finish the lesson. Take care son.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 10, 2010, 01:25:02 AM »
Bruce, if you feel I have 3 sons and 4 daughters or I lied about having "any" is okay. If you truly believe I lied that is your prerogative. But I dont think it is fair to the readers to have this discussion in the middle of every thread you and I engage in.

I get that you don't want the fact that you lied brought up at every turn. No worries John, DJ has pretty much already ensured that every poster on fornits is aware of the fact that you lied repeatedly about your circumstances, and your family. As I've said many times, you have no credibility on here, the more your online antics bleed into your day to day life, the more credibility you'll lose unplugged as well. That being the case I see no reason to discuss the matter further on this thread. You're a liar, you've been exposed. Case closed. I won't soon mention it again during this discussion unless you yourself bring it up. You have my apologies for being repeatative.

I have read all the posts previous to this one and I see that the current procedure allows children to contact their families directly as soon as they begin their time in Ridge Creek

With preapproved censored letters yes. No one has said otherwise in regards to this specific program.

They are allow telephone calls to their parents in about 3 weeks.

Calls that include the childs "counselor" and will be terminated the second the child steps out of line and says something they feel he shouldn't.

I am just referring to their "policy". If they stray from this then we need to address this.

So what you're saying is that despite the fact that it is abusive, it's okay so long as it's part of their policy?

Since you have never attended Ridge Creek I dont see how you can shed any more light on the policy than what we have read thus far.

Why not? You talk about programs you've had zero interaction with all the time. At least until you start being honest anyway. The fact of the matter is John, is that the current abusive policy held at RC is strikingly similar to the policy HLA had more than ten years ago. I'm still waiting on you to lay out the differences between the two. I don't believe that you will, because it appears you're dead set on refusking to acknowledge how little has changed with these places.

As far as reporting abuse I read back and didnt see where I had indicated that I would comment on how they communicate these offenses. Its an interesting topic and warrants discussion in my opinion.

I'm asking you directly John. How would a child who is abused in a program report the abuse to a parent when communication is restricted?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 10, 2010, 09:09:15 AM »
Bruce, if you feel I have 3 sons and 4 daughters or I lied about having "any" is okay. If you truly believe I lied that is your prerogative. But I dont think it is fair to the readers to have this discussion in the middle of every thread you and I engage in.

I get that you don't want the fact that you lied brought up at every turn. No worries John, DJ has pretty much already ensured that every poster on fornits is aware of the fact that you lied repeatedly about your circumstances, and your family. As I've said many times, you have no credibility on here, the more your online antics bleed into your day to day life, the more credibility you'll lose unplugged as well. That being the case I see no reason to discuss the matter further on this thread. You're a liar, you've been exposed. Case closed. I won't soon mention it again during this discussion unless you yourself bring it up. You have my apologies for being repeatative.

I have read all the posts previous to this one and I see that the current procedure allows children to contact their families directly as soon as they begin their time in Ridge Creek

With preapproved censored letters yes. No one has said otherwise in regards to this specific program.

They are allow telephone calls to their parents in about 3 weeks.

Calls that include the childs "counselor" and will be terminated the second the child steps out of line and says something they feel he shouldn't.

I am just referring to their "policy". If they stray from this then we need to address this.

So what you're saying is that despite the fact that it is abusive, it's okay so long as it's part of their policy?

Since you have never attended Ridge Creek I dont see how you can shed any more light on the policy than what we have read thus far.

Why not? You talk about programs you've had zero interaction with all the time. At least until you start being honest anyway. The fact of the matter is John, is that the current abusive policy held at RC is strikingly similar to the policy HLA had more than ten years ago. I'm still waiting on you to lay out the differences between the two. I don't believe that you will, because it appears you're dead set on refusking to acknowledge how little has changed with these places.

As far as reporting abuse I read back and didnt see where I had indicated that I would comment on how they communicate these offenses. Its an interesting topic and warrants discussion in my opinion.

I'm asking you directly John. How would a child who is abused in a program report the abuse to a parent when communication is restricted?

I guess we should disregard this information.  You rambled on about other programs and stories which you fail to back up with links.  I have never seen a child post any of this information about Ridge Creek.  I understand you have an experience with HLA and I have my experience and knowledge of ASR but since we know that programs can vary we cannot predict what the procedure will be at Ridge Creek Academy.  As far as counselors listening in etc. this occurs during the first 3 weeks only.

What we do know is what they have published.  Lets stick with the facts and take another look:

For the first three weeks of the program, students will be allowed to call you once a week for a conference call. A member of the RCS staff will set a convenient time for this call during the first phone call after admission. These calls will last 15 minutes and will be supervised by one of the student's counselors to ensure the student is respectful and appropriate. After your child has been at RCS for three weeks, has written you two letters, and has received one back from you, they are eligible for regular calls.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 10, 2010, 09:29:41 AM »
What we know is that the policy has not been modified or changed in more than ten years from HLA to RC. It's the same policy, same procedures, it's still abusive.

That having been firmly established, I'm still interested to know how you believe a child who is being abused in a program is supposed to report the issues to his parents when communication is being restriced.

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 10, 2010, 09:39:08 AM »
Whooter, RB asks a valid question and I would like to hear your answer to it;  "How would a child who is abused in a program report the abuse to a parent when communication is restricted?"

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 10, 2010, 09:42:18 AM »
What we know is that the policy has not been modified or changed in more than ten years from HLA to RC. It's the same policy, same procedures, it's still abusive.

I have read the procedure several times and I dont see how any part of it can be defined as abusive.  I dont think the majority of readers would agree with you either.  This is how the word abuse gets so watered down here on fornits with definitions like this.  You are entitled to your opinion as we all are and we can agree to disagree on this point.