Author Topic: NEW BABY christening thread  (Read 10137 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: NEW BABY christening thread
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2008, 02:22:58 PM »
On the contrary -- it's fucking awesome!
Keep up the good work, Who & Anne: you're both doing this forum a great service!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2008, 02:26:46 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Quote from: "TheWho"

I understand now why they opted for public school instead of staying home to listen to language like that all day.  If a teacher yelled at them that way it would be considered abusive.

They didn't opt.  My choice.

As I said before, I wouldn't dream of speaking to my kids like that.  They're awesome people.  Bright, intelligent, compassionate and sensitive.  There would be no reason to speak to them the way I speak to program shills and assholes.  You really do have a problem with comprehension, huh?

Hmmmm..  Damage control !!!  too late Anne... took many years of practice to cultivate your unique language skills,  your Thanksgiving Dinner conversation must be classic.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2008, 02:31:57 PM »
Hmmmm..  Damage control !!!  too late Anne... took many years of practice to cultivate your unique language skills,

Yes it did.  Two years to be specific.  Two years in Straight gave me the mouth that I have.

your Thanksgiving Dinner conversation must be classic.

It usually revolves around the weather as usually take a few days' boat trip most Thanksgivings.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2008, 02:33:05 PM »
PISSING CONTEST!!!

Gots ta luvvit!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2008, 02:43:42 PM »
Quote from: "G0DD"
PISSING CONTEST!!!

Gots ta luvvit!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!

You must to post that three times today already.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2008, 02:59:48 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

It usually revolves around the weather as usually take a few days' boat trip most Thanksgivings.

something like this:

Child:  “Mom you said I could bring my friend Britney this year on our boat trip.
Anne:  "QUIT PUTTING FUCKING WORDS IN MY MOUTH YOU MORONIC PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!!!!"[/color]

Child: “Mom, I would really get an early start, the weather service is predicting rain this afternoon.”

Anne: "Nobody really gives a shit what you would do asshole".

« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 03:36:23 PM by TheWho »

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2008, 11:23:00 PM »
anne

from pirate to pirate - you're welcome aboard anytime. head on over to www.torturedkids.com for some R and R.  We've got a spot for you waiting.

nevermind the foul weather and nevermind anyone with a GLL of 666E - 666S

-cleanspotlesschina

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2008, 03:04:59 AM »
For god's sakes can we have some background options? The new colors are making me sick to my stomach after looking at them for to long. Also re-order the forums so the more active ones are on top and the less active on bottom.

Offline The Fornits

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2008, 05:56:20 AM »
Quote from: "TSW"
For god's sakes can we have some background options? The new colors are making me sick to my stomach after looking at them for to long. Also re-order the forums so the more active ones are on top and the less active on bottom.

hang on and i'll add some more themes.  you can change em in your profile options

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2008, 06:43:30 AM »
thanks dude.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2008, 08:29:39 AM »
Quote from: "Covergaard"
What shall I do with the links from Fornits Wiki. As far as I can see, the format of the url is different. Will various links from +200 page have to be redone?

Just hang tight for now, Carsten. I'll be trying to redirect all those links later today. Likely, it'll land up on the search page as the article and thread numbers seem to be different now. Sorry, not much to be done about that. If worse comes to worst I promise I'll help you do the grunt work of finding and linking those articles or at least buy you a werst sandwich.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2008, 10:57:55 AM »
Quote from: "The Fornits"
Quote from: "TSW"

hang on and i'll add some more themes.  you can change em in your profile options

Hey, thanks for all the theme options!!!  Lots of choices!
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2008, 04:16:01 PM »

Its a good day in Fornitsville.  Should we send gifts?  I haven't tried the edit function yet, but this should put an end to any speculation as far as posts being modified...thanks guys... nice to put that one to bed!!

As a matter of fact, yes! Next we'll be needing a couple thousand for a rack mounted server in order to move to a hosting provider that's legally and ethically better matched to our needs than your run of the mill commercial server.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: NEW BABY christening thread - TECH question
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2008, 05:13:02 PM »
Okay, here's a techie question for those of you so inclined...  The BB Codes functional with this new software are far more extensive than what we had previous (which were more extensive than what we had before that).  After slaving away on that Diamond Ranch Academy Accreditation Report for far longer than any sane person could contemplate, I've familiarized myself a bit with the new tools.

Some things are easier to do, some things are no longer possible.  That is, unless someone could venture some info or advice?  Two specific questions come to mind at the moment:

1.) Is it even possible any more to make a list within a list? I used to use this trick for indenting sections for clarity. 

2.) Is there a way to use inline tags within block level tags without screwing everything up?  I am thinking specifically of a situation where an item in a list needs italicizing.

In case there are others who also ponder these deep and soul-shattering questions, here is a LINK to Simple Machines BB Code section.  The page titled Basic BB Codes should do the trick for most purposes, but they also have other pages which go into more detail.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2008, 10:03:41 AM »
I really have to say -- and this is a super important issue for me -- that the SEARCH function is Fantastic!!! I am absolutely thrilled!!

HOORAY!!   GREAT JOB!!   SUPER DUPER!!   HOORAY!!   GREAT JOB!!   SUPER DUPER!!   HOORAY!!   GREAT JOB!!   SUPER DUPER!!