Author Topic: NEW BABY christening thread  (Read 9993 times)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: NEW BABY christening thread
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2008, 12:45:33 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Is it just me, or is the forum kinda "jumping" a bit? Seems tied in with activity on the Ban Box...

If you are viewing the forum using the default themes (or not logged in) you will get the "jumping around of the forum", which makes it difficult to read.  Closing the "Ban box" doesn't work because it reopens each time the page refereshes.   For those of us who don't utilize the "Ban Box" (or are banned from it) I recommend the Theme: Mystic jade.  If you set this as your default you will not have to scroll down everytime the page refreshes and the forum doesn't jump around on you.

If you like the default theme and if the post is really long you can cut-and-paste it to a word document and read it from there which makes it easier to read.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline grad1

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2008, 02:47:38 PM »
I do not know if this is the right place to mention this, but the new SMF requires 30 letters(embedded) to shout to another member.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2008, 11:29:45 AM »
Wow... this forum has been here for almost a year and I just noticed it the other day. (It's too bad that new posts don't bump the forums like they used to.) Anyway, Teen Challenge branches are all over the place, aren't they? What is their affiliation with Straight / The DFAF again? It's creepy to know that Straight didn't die off like I thought it might have, but did just the opposite and expanded...

http://fornits.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=7ci5vr45f03rmh684lph7f54n0&topic=24599.msg309430#msg309430

Why doesn’t SMF support this?    Readers are really missing out and new posters are not getting heard.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2008, 08:44:35 AM »
Quote from: "Frod"
It's too bad that new posts don't bump the forums like they used to.

Quote from: "Zeus"
Why doesn't SMF support this?    Readers are really missing out and new posters are not getting heard.

Is this a software issue? Topics within a forum bump, why don't forums on the main Index? You would think it would be a similar function, eh?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2008, 09:36:21 AM »
Phbbb and SMF are two completely different softwares. I wager to say that given enough time the problem will sort itself out as people become used to the new formula and accept it.

Perhaps the time has come for fornits to downsize into familiar communities.

example:

Residential TBS style groups:
Hyde
Elan
HLA
Etc.

Synanon- Wasserman
Cedu
Benchmark
Etcs.

Synanon- Sembler
Straight
Seed
KHK
Pathways
AARC

Make a general board and then place the rest of them into sub-boards under the main general board like the YLF forum is set up.

This hopefully will breed a stronger sense of community. No clue though..

Also can the YLF Forum and FQA please be moved down a few notches? This is like the 3rd time I've asked. 1 time on ban box, 1 time to ginger, and now here.

Thanxs.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2008, 02:50:11 AM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
Phbbb and SMF are two completely different softwares. I wager to say that given enough time the problem will sort itself out as people become used to the new formula and accept it.

Don't want to accept it. Seems a lot of other people don't either, judging from the grumbles in several different forums at this point.

BRING BACK THE BUMP!!!

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2008, 02:58:10 AM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
Perhaps the time has come for fornits to downsize into familiar communities.

example:

Residential TBS style groups:
Hyde
Elan
HLA
Etc.

Synanon- Wasserman
Cedu
Benchmark
Etcs.

Synanon- Sembler
Straight
Seed
KHK
Pathways
AARC

Make a general board and then place the rest of them into sub-boards under the main general board like the YLF forum is set up.

This hopefully will breed a stronger sense of community. No clue though..

Not sure that I agree with the gist of your suggestion (genuinely not sure, haven't mulled it enough), but your breakdown/grouping is intriguing for those of us interested in the evolution of this game...

Don't forget the religious fundy folk; they actually represent a sizable sector not overly featured on fornits as of yet...

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2008, 12:37:18 PM »
Hear, hear!