Author Topic: Some Fresh Air  (Read 7881 times)

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
Some Fresh Air
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2005, 10:50:00 PM »
In response to postings about the Sudweeks wearing their "sacred undergarments" in front of the students at Whitmore...posted here and on other threads:

Besides the basic fact that grown adults, in charge of students in a school atmosphere SHOULD NOT be parading around in their underwear----
IF these undergarments do have some fundamental, sacred meaning: Whatever would the Bishop, or someone in authority of the LDS (Mormon) Church think of members of their church displaying such a sacred symbol in such an inappropriate way?

If the Sudweeks can't find it within themselves to obey common-sense laws: indecency with a child by dancing, walking about in their underwear---one would THINK they would at least honor their religion, and respect  something their church regards as a sacred symbol.

These people never cease to amaze me in the very poor public choices they make.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Some Fresh Air
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2005, 09:41:00 AM »
hi this is a former student of the whitmore. I was there in 03-04. and i have been reading and following everything along and if anyone has any questions that they'd like to ask me, feel free.

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
Some Fresh Air
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2005, 10:25:00 AM »
To the student there in 3-04:
How long were you at the Whitmore?
Who referred your parents there?
Did you witness any of the abuse discussed on this site?
Are you in contact with the Whitmore now? or any other former students?
What did you think about the "school, academics" at Whitmore
How are you doing at home now?

Welcome, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Perhaps you could give yourself a "Name.." and register, so we will know when you are posting.... you can register using any name...Like some other students have: WHITMORE ALUMNI...WHITMORE SHINING STARE, etc....it is just easier that way to know when you are posting.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Some Fresh Air
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2005, 10:26:00 AM »
just wondering if any other former students know casey, lindsey, chelsea, logan, jenna,leah, hannah, :question:  brian,pj,doug, matt, dave...etc...?????

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Some Fresh Air
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2005, 10:36:00 AM »
i was there for just under a year.  Im not quite sure who reffered my parents there i've never asked. yes i witnessed alot of abuse.  one incident that i remember quite well was with a girl named Lindsey. she had run away and stole cheryl's suburban and when she returned we had what seemed to be a never ending group. and alot of the kids hit her and called her names. and cheryl just watched. she didn't try to stop it or anything. no i haven't heard a word from them since the day i left. they were mad at me for leaving before my year was up and they said that i manipulated to go home, which was a lie, my family was just ready for me to return home. the academics, what academics?? we never did any school.the only thing we did was a book report that was due at the end of every week. and now i am suffering alot. I am behind and it is difficult for me to catch up.  I am doing great at home. i am engaged and I live with my fiancee'. and i'm just glad to be away from there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Some Fresh Air
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2005, 10:44:00 AM »
Don't say a last name: But was it Lindsey K or Lindsey S who ran away and stole the car?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Some Fresh Air
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2005, 10:45:00 AM »
Lindsey K. Is this a former student???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Some Fresh Air
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2005, 10:46:00 AM »
Student of 3/04---were you ever the subject of one of Cheryl's group sessions?
Were you ever beat up, yourself?
Did you ever get to go on one of those "fun-filled" bus trips?
Did you tell your parents about the abuse you saw at Whitmore?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Some Fresh Air
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2005, 10:54:00 AM »
no i was never the subject of one of her parades. and no i was never beat up. I was pretty much quiet there and just stayed to my self. oh yes i went on alot of those "fun filled" trips.and if one of the kids was ungrateful for the little room that they had on the bus then they would stick them in the bathroom with all of their stuff. yes i told my family but i wasn't gonna make that big of a deal about it since i was gone. and Leah and i didn't get along all that well but cheryl did call her a slut and a whore and all kinds of degrading names.

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
Some Fresh Air
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2005, 10:55:00 AM »
Anonoymous Poster:
I have contact information on some of the former students you referred to.  Send me a private message if you wish.   Joyce

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Some Fresh Air
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2005, 11:04:00 AM »
i dont know how to send a private message but i'd like to talk to you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Some Fresh Air
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2005, 11:13:00 AM »
would you mind just talking here???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Some Fresh Air
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2005, 11:19:00 AM »
do you have anymore questions that you would like for me to answer?? I would be happy to do so!!  :smile:

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
Some Fresh Air
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2005, 11:55:00 AM »
I just can not discuss any contact information publicly--I first get permission from the other students to give out their yahoo message or emails. But students like communicating.

To the left is the words: Private message...then just follow the instructions. But you do have to register: and you can use a made up name. I just choose to use my real name.

Are you in high school or college now?
Do you live at home?
How do you reconcile all the "religious stuff" from the Sudweeks with how they ACT: some students say they sneak kids into events, or into buffet lines etc.
How many kids were enrolled when you were there?
Were you in "Cheryl's good graces" when there?
Did your parents know your communications were monitored?
What did you think about the subliminals?
Was food ever withheld as punishment?
Were you aware of "the ledge"..."wearing the clothes"
Did you resent all the Mormon Religion being forced on the kids?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Some Fresh Air
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2005, 12:06:00 PM »
I am in high school. no i dont live at home i live with my fiancee', I think all that mormon stuff is a load of crap that they force on you and if you don't go to church you get in alot of trouble. yes i was on cheryl's good side until i was going home a couple days before i was supposed to, most days, it just depended on what kind of mood she was in?? no they didn't know they had no idea we are not allowed to say that they are monitoring anything. and when ever they ask us how we are doing we have to say good or else... personally i thought that subliminals were stupid cause we had to wake up an extra half an hour earlyer to put them on. yes food was withheld, from those kids who were bad and would be put up on the "shelf". I thought it should be our own decision what religion to believe or not to.