Author Topic: Suds still have Who Am I Discovery on internet site....HUH?  (Read 2032 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Suds still have Who Am I Discovery on internet site....HUH?
« on: April 04, 2005, 04:02:00 PM »
The "Who Am I Discovery" site is still on the internet.  Can still read about their little place in Canada...Mexico.  Suds still using same "SONG" same words to lure parents into their program.....amazing. Wonder why they didn't take the kids to this wonderful place in Mexico on this last trip IF IT'S SO GREAT????

They don't mention on this site that the kids have to wash throw-away-paper plates and plastic utencils in the lake water, so Cheryl can save a few pennies, now do they?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 08:35:00 PM »
Why advertise Canada and Mexico???? no real schools there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 09:30:00 PM »
Could it be they are not really too welcome in Mexico????  Probably tried to scam people down there and got caught last time they were there.  Or maybe they smuggled kids across the border without the proper papers.  Same old MO.  

Don't they advertise spending time in Canada and Mexico?  Guess that means a short time, like a two or three day visit, sleeping under a bus, scamming passes to use facilities, and one or two hotdogs.  That's what I call getting your money's worth, parents!!!!

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 10:40:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: Joyce Harris on 2006-05-28 13:12 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 03:28:00 PM »
Don't they advertise spending time in Canada and Mexico? Guess that means a short time, like a two or three day visit, ................

It used to be they had their program 9 mos in Canada and 3 mos in Mexico.  Utah wasn't even part of the advertizing.  Then in 2001 they made the papers- they had to report to the American Consulate, each kid was individually interogated by the Mexican authorities- and all spoken positively- I asked a few of them- they said they were scared and did not want to say anything contrary about the Sudweeks.  
The Sudweeks were kicked out of Mexico because they were illegally running a business.
Of course- this was not their fault- they blamed it on some of the kids and one of the residents that supposedly wanted their land.
Now they can only take the kids there if it is labeled as a vacation.
As to if they really still have Canada and Mexico-that's a mystery as both properties were up for sale about 1 1/2 years ago.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 08:06:00 PM »
Sneaking the kids into Mexico- YES. I spoke to one parent who told me her daughter was told to hide under a tarp in the horse trailer while they crossed the border.  Teaching honesty?? really Cheryl and Mark. :sad:  :sad:  :sad: SHAME ON YOU BOTH.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 08:39:00 PM »
According to several kids I have spoken too, this sneak 'em in practice has been going on for years. On the '04 Mexico Cruise they got several kids on the ship unknown to the cruiseline.  In addition, you have to have an adult in every cabin. How do you think they registered enough adults to house 40 kids?? Hmm, they had to lie about ages- to have an adult in each cabin.  Yes, my son was registered as 21 or over-was 17 at the time.  They also had more than was allowed in each cabin.  That would be the extra kids they had to sneak in. Oh, one other cleaver trick, was to share name badges.  Get one in and then hand the badge to others in line.

My son still cringes when he thinks or talks about the "bus trips."  During the time they went to Mexico last year he said hygiene was a huge issue.  The boys bags were stored below the bus and it was next to impossible to get to their toiletries.  He said sleeping in the hot bus with all the horrible body oder was enough to make him puke.  I was shocked that there were no hotel rooms secured with all the money spent in a year's time!

They occasionally got to stop at rest areas or camping grounds to bathe.  He said getting to brush his teeth was a luxury.  By the way, he had 16 cavities when he got home that needed desperate attention! He had none before going to the Whitmore. Not exactly the hygiene practices we encourage at home!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2005, 09:15:00 PM »
16? Geez. I just found out I have 2 last week.

howbizarre

Offline Couture

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2005, 09:40:00 PM »
I rode on the dreaded bus once or twice.  We went to Lake Powell, where we had to sleep on the floor of the bus.  It was pretty gross.  The small, 'retard bus' as Sheryl likes to call it, was the same way, Kids spralled all over the floors.  I am soooo glad I am never going to have to deal with that stuff again.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2005, 11:27:00 PM »
Where in Mexicodo the Sudweeks take the children?

What if a kid got serious touristas? Dr visits ?

Dangerous to have so many kids in Mexico without proper accomedations.