Author Topic: It is ok to relapse  (Read 25952 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
It is ok to relapse
« on: February 18, 2005, 04:59:00 PM »
If you have clicked this message your probably getting high this very second or twitching out because you can't. :nworthy:  CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE RELAPSED!  :nworthy:

What is replase you say?
 :idea:
Good question, well apart from being a very positive event. It means being once sober and having a possible chance to live a good life,  instead you decide to once again consume mood or mind altering substances. Apparently this is the best thing that has ever happened to these people.

Why do replased AARC graduates bash AARC?
That is very thoughtful and deeply meaningful question? Well it is obvious AARC is a satan worshiping cult that saves relationships, famlies and lives. But please do not concern your selves wtih the positve attributes at AARC. But instead look at the fact that we worship satan, and the harsh physical abuse that goes on DAILY! Me personally have been brain washed to believe that i am a duck, let alone being a drug addict. (they are that good) Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, BURP!, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, BURP!, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack
                   CRACK!!
Did that get your attention? You might be thinking to yourself, is this guy high right now? Or does he really think he's a duck? The answer to both questions is NO. The above post makes little to no sense, but it fits right into the nonsense i read on this website. Continue to belittle AARC and watch as time passes you by.

Ultimatly, wether you use or not is your decision. But creating a web site promoting the negitive choices you've made and helping others to feel ok with doing the same is bullshit.

Joel Mader
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
It is ok to relapse
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 07:16:00 PM »
Everything in moderation.
Relapse is something that happens to people who have an illness.
Recreational, moderate drug use is not an illness, it is pleasurable.
For the vast majority of recreational drug users -- maybe 90% there is no problem.  For the others, there is the possibility that some pre-existing mental or emotional state has affected them and what they are doing, in effect, is self-medicating.  AARC, of course, is another form of medication for those who cannot control their drug use.  Just like religion, it is the opiate of the masses.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
It is ok to relapse
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 03:55:00 AM »
Yes I agree that recreational crack users do it simply for the thrill they arent actully addicted. My self well, I just pawned off everything i owned for drugs but i was just a recreational drug user right?

Tell Andrew Mazur's family it was just recreational.

AARC gives you a choice wether you want to use drugs or not. Maybe it works for you but there is so many others that needed AARC to give them a step in a right direction. Good luck to all of you if drugs is the choice you make.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
It is ok to relapse
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 10:16:00 AM »
On 2005-02-19 00:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Yes I agree that recreational crack users do it simply for the thrill they arent actully addicted. My self well, I just pawned off everything i owned for drugs but i was just a recreational drug user right?

Tell Andrew Mazur's family it was just recreational.

AARC gives you a choice wether you want to use drugs or not. Maybe it works for you but there is so many others that needed AARC to give them a step in a right direction. Good luck to all of you if drugs is the choice you make.

"

Considering what Andrew Mazur got into, I don't think it's the drugs that caused that.  He was suicidal, remember?  Way before he was successful.   And who's to say it wasn't AARC that finally pushed him over the edge?  Oh, no, it was the crimes of which he stood accused.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
It is ok to relapse
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 02:56:00 PM »
On 2005-02-19 00:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

No, everybody already has the choice to begin with. AARC takes credit for giving you this choice while taking away (at least if you believe them) all of the choices in between.

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
-- Dave Barry

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Rachael

• View Profile
It is ok to relapse
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 11:33:00 AM »
On 2005-02-18 13:59:00, Anonymous wrote:

The above post makes little to no sense, but it fits right into the nonsense i read on this website. Continue to belittle AARC and watch as time passes you by.

Ultimatly, wether you use or not is your decision. But creating a web site promoting the negitive choices you've made and helping others to feel ok with doing the same is bullshit.

Joel Mader"

Although I don't claim to represent everyone who posts on this site, and I do recognize some level of nonsense, not all is this way. I don't believe that my writing about my semi-traumatic experiences at AARC in an attempt to move past that pain is nonsense. Also, I don't think I have made that many negative choices; and those that I have, I am most certainly not promoting. Neither do I get the impression that that is the intention of most who post here.
Justice, Justice shall you pursue.

Deuteronomy 16:20

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
It is ok to relapse
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2005, 06:27:00 PM »
Listen up people.  Nobody on this site has any right to talk about Andrew Mazur like they knew what was going on with him.  However I do know for a fact that he did not blame AARC, if you want to dispute it let me know the time and the place and I will met you.  Let the man and his family live in peace and move on.  You guys want to debate whether or not AARC is a good place, do it until you are blue in the face, but no more talk of Andrew Mazur.  I doubt that there is one person on this site who really knew him so back the fuck off.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
It is ok to relapse
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2005, 10:08:00 PM »
He was accused of attepted murder of a police officer.  He committed suicide.

Was he an AARC success?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
It is ok to relapse
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2005, 11:57:00 PM »
On 2005-02-24 19:08:00, Anonymous wrote:

"He was accused of attepted murder of a police officer.  He committed suicide.

Was he an AARC success?

"

Were you? I'm not sure if Andrew did or not, but I don't blame AARC for any of my failures, and I have had some big ones. They sure have supported me for years when I needed it, and asked nothing in return. They gave me a head start and a taste for success, but after I graduated, it was up to me. I live my life grateful for the help I get, and forgiving those who aren't so helpful. It makes life a lot better. I encourage you to try it. If it doesn't work, your hate and bitterness will be right were you left it. But you are worth more than that. Live free.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
It is ok to relapse
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 01:25:00 AM »
How about saying you succeeded IN SPITE OF AARC.  Many do, you know

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
It is ok to relapse
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2005, 01:42:00 AM »
On 2005-02-24 20:57:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-02-24 19:08:00, Anonymous wrote:

"He was accused of attepted murder of a police officer.  He committed suicide.

Was he an AARC success?

"

Were you? I'm not sure if Andrew did or not, but I don't blame AARC for any of my failures, and I have had some big ones. They sure have supported me for years when I needed it, and asked nothing in return. They gave me a head start and a taste for success, but after I graduated, it was up to me. I live my life grateful for the help I get, and forgiving those who aren't so helpful. It makes life a lot better. I encourage you to try it. If it doesn't work, your hate and bitterness will be right were you left it. But you are worth more than that. Live free."

Yech!  I think I'm going to puke..............

::puke::  ::puke::  ::puke::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
It is ok to relapse
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2005, 08:07:00 PM »
I mean, I understand that some people don't think that AARC or similar programs do a lot of good, maybe they think that these programs don't reach a lot of people, maybe they think that programs such as this focus on the wrong thing.

But here is someone (the person who posted previous to you) who obviously got something positive out of AARC, you can tell by the way his/her post is presented, and all you can say is that it makes you puke??

So how you you spell "Cult of Negativity", you ought to know, because you're in it, friend.  Sad, really sad.  How about considering that, maybe AARC etc., while perhaps imperfect, as are many things, can do some good.  

How about celebrating the fact that at least one person,specifically that last poster was energized and motivated by that program and is moving into the future because of it.

And you might also ask yourself, when you have time, what you are going to find, to help move you out of the negative space that makes you post a comment like that.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
It is ok to relapse
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2005, 08:23:00 PM »
Therapy is like sex. Coerced therapy is like rape. Rapists evidently get something positive out of rape. And hearing them talk about it fondly makes some people feel sick. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, most people would agree that there's something very wrong with going all dewey eyed and nastalgic about it.

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism.
--Albert Einstein, German-born American physicist

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
It is ok to relapse
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2005, 08:41:00 PM »
Yes obviously I agree that rape would be wrong--I see no connection between that common ground we hold and the comments (and reactions to the comments) of the poster who benefited from AARC.

Your view, it seems to me, is extreme, even hysterical---this person was in a situation (ie at AARC) and made human connections that have been a source of strength and growth, if you are to believe his/her assertions, and I see not reason not to believe.

On the other hand,, your extreme reference to rape makes me doubt your sincerity and/or your judgment.  And in no way recuses, or justifies or elevates the petty shallow and obviously bitterness as reflected in the "makes me puke" comment.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
It is ok to relapse
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2005, 09:23:00 PM »
Any therapy involves some degree of intelectual and emotional intimacy. You must make yourself vulnerable, confess your faults and sins and open yourself to criticizm and advice, right? Nothing wrong with that, right?

Ok, except for one minor little detail. Same thing that distinguishes consensual sex from rape; consent.

If you seek the intimacy of a therapeutic relationship voluntarily, it can be a wonderful thing (or, often times, just a disapointing waste of time). It's something entirely different to have it forced upon you.

If you can't see the connection, you must by trying damned hard not to.

I'm well familiar w/ AARC's brand of therapy, having experienced it firsthand from Vause's mentor, Virgil. And I'm told that Vause and Miller are like two peas in a pod, like twins seperated at birth. The really sick thing about Virgil is that he enjoys the coercive aspect of it all. He just loved seeing a little girl broken to hysterical sobbing; forced to accept his will and his dominance.

Is Dean like that too? I've heard that he is. And I can well understand why someone might feel sick at the thought of someone enjoying taking part in that.

We ought to be grateful that our government monopoly schools are such a failure. If today's 18 year olds could do arithmetic, they'd be out buying enough rope to hang everybody over 40.
--Alan Handleman on Social Security

10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.