Author Topic: getting abused at the whitmore  (Read 19070 times)

Offline Gmom

• View Profile
getting abused at the whitmore
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2005, 11:26:00 AM »
I have a problem paying for something that I did not get.  I really don't care if it is seven cents or $70,000.  I really think anyone who thinks gratitude is in order here needs to think twice.  Do you think that the Sudweeks would do what they say they do on a voluntary basis?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2005, 03:55:00 PM »
You posted "this site makes people focus on nothing but CRAP."  That is not true.  I am a parent, and my focus is on the kids--those who are home from Whitmore, and those kids who are still at Whitmore, and none of the kids are CRAP!

Now the Sudweeks may treat you kids like crap. The Sudweeks may allow you kids to talk like your mouths are full of crap.  You may disrepect adults and attack them with crappy words and mistruths feed to you by the Sudweeks---but none of you kids are CRAP.

Every Whitmore kid is there because your parents THOUGHT and BELIVED the absolute CRAP that the Sudweeks advertise on their websites and in their glossy little brochures.

Your parents believed you would have REAL school, with REAL teachers, and REAL group therapy with a REAL therapist, not some raving woman who is not a licensed therapist.

This site is not crap. You kids are not crap.
The only crap you are being exposed to is the Sudweeks and their shitty little program.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2005, 10:36:00 AM »
I understand the abuse at Whitmore continues, and that there's a new kid there who "is not getting the program or accepting all this FAMILY Love, Groups and isolation and communication with his real family

He seems to be the NEW JOEY, and we all know what that means!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone out there knows how to reach this boy's parents, let them know they need to go and get this boy out of there!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2005, 05:10:00 PM »
If anyone knows this boy's parents(who should respectfully remain nameless)please tell them that he is in a great place to get the help he needs. Teens helping teens (hopefully he's not 12 like that one girl,cuz that's just sad that a a parent losses control at this age)No parent gladly sends their child away, they are trying to save them from their spiralling behavior at their hometown schools. Cuz it is just not working for these kids.

To the ungrateful ones that mistakenly thought this was a traditional school for kids having trouble with math...you were mistaken and I'm sure noone sold this special school as such. Most of these kids are being taught many things they are lacking like how to express their feelings and not act out in ways that got them into this situation.

Lets stop coming here and listening to the crap talkers, instead,
Lets say a prayer for all those kids who struggle to find themselves safely in this protected setting. Thank God for The Whitmore, a safe place to learn life's lessons.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2005, 06:37:00 PM »
I agree we need to pray for those children still at The Whitmore.  Trust me, they need many prayers!  While you are saying your prayers, please pray for the ones who are home dealing with the new baggage from their "life lessons" at The Whitmore! Our children got an education on things we never imagined they could experience,and certainly wouldn't have paid for them to experience.  Forty thousand would have paid for an excellent math tutor or private school locally.  No, those of us who sent our children to The Whitmore were promised many things that were not delivered and delivered things that were not promised. It is not a matter of being ungrateful.  It is a matter of having a contract breached, laws broken, codes ignored and trust violated.  Any atttorney can confirm this and has.  So yes, please, let us all pray and pray for those there and those home!

Praying Fool
(new to this site, referred by another parent)

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2005, 07:03:00 PM »
On 2005-02-10 14:10:00, Anonymous wrote:

To the ungrateful ones

Why is it that anyone who criticizes the program is deemed 'ungrateful'???

that mistakenly thought this was a traditional school for kids having trouble with math...you were mistaken and I'm sure noone sold this special school as such.

How, exactly, are you "sure" of this????  Specifics of your knowledge of this information please.

Most of these kids are being taught many things they are lacking like how to express their feelings and not act out in ways that got them into this situation.

Really??  Have you read any of the posts here from kids that are either currently in there or fairly recently out??  It speaks volumes about how they're being taught to "express themselves".

Lets stop coming here and listening to the crap talkers,

Yeah, wouldn't want to clutter up your brain with any kind of original or critical thought now would you?  You just keep rolling right along with your devotion to The Whitmore.....pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. :roll:  :roll:  

A bishop keeps on saying at the age of eighty what he was told to say at the age of eighteen.
--Oscar Wilde

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2005, 07:36:00 PM »
On 2005-02-10 15:37:00, Anonymous wrote:

Praying Fool

(new to this site, referred by another parent)"

Welcome!

It is the absolute right of the state to supervise the formation of public opinion.

--Joseph Goebbels

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2005, 07:40:00 PM »
On 2005-02-10 14:10:00, Anonymous wrote:

Most of these kids are being taught many things they are lacking like how to express their feelings and not act out in ways that got them into this situation.

Exactly what are those things these kids are lacking and how, exactly, are they being taught? Do you know? Do you understand what you've been sold? Or do you just "trust the process"?

Cause, as I understand it, they're selling something that has never and can never exist. They're selling involuntary behavior modification done w/ love and encouragement. Either it's voluntary or you have to first break the kid's will. There is no pretty or gentle way to do that.

A student burst into his office.  "Professor Stigler, I don't believe I deserve this F you've given me."  To which Stigler replied, "I agree, but unfortunately it is the lowest grade the University will allow me to award."
--Professor Stigler

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2005, 09:32:00 PM »
Then if lawyers can prove it and you are so convinced of all these unbeleivable stories, then why don't you quit wasteing your time here and do something about it, let the courts decide Whitmores fate. The investigation is over and the lawyers haven't been able to prove anything or the children would have been sent back home to search out another avenue for recovery.

There has to be a better venue for parents to voice concerns without listening to the skrew balls who post on this site.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2005, 12:42:00 AM »
Sorry for your misinformation, but the investigation is far from over.  Several people have given statements to the police in the past few days including myself and 4 others I know of.  I have personally spoken to the detective in charge of the investigation in the past few days.  He assured me it is in full swing. The file is actually a box due to the number of complaints/reports filed!  If you would like to confirm this you are free to call him yourself.  His name is Justin Kimball at the Nephi police department.  He informed me the case is so big and involved due to the number of charges, they are trying to get it turned over to the state attorney's office.  Sound like it is over??  Not by a long shot!  Posting information here is not a waste of time.  Valuable witnesses/victims surface each and every day.  The attorneys are doing their jobs as well.  As far as the screwballs, it is easy to filter them out.  So which are you?  And why do you spend your time here??

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2005, 10:15:00 AM »
To Anon who asked about the 12 year old who was placed because "the parent had lost control of this child."  

Not all children were placed at the Whitmore because they were "out of control."

This girl was placed at the Whitmore because she had a diagnois of Reactive Attachment Disorder which is common with children raised in an orphanage.

The Sudweeks SAID they had 14 adopted children at the Whitmore, and that they, in fact had an adopted daugther themeselves, and that their programs---besides offering an "excellent academic school, and an excellent equine horse program"....could offer therapy to help with this RAD disorder.

And the Sudweeks state in their contract:

That no children who are dangerous, or who have a history of violent behavior will be accepted at Whitmore.

SO--some parents actually THOUGHT they were sending their childrent to a very nice boarding, academic school, that offered therapy for a specific problem.

Not all parents sent their children there because their child WAS OUT OF CONTROL.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2005, 05:16:00 PM »
Antigen, how does one do "involuntary behavioral modification with love?"  that sounds like a contradiction.....

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2005, 06:55:00 PM »
Excellent question. One I've been asking and asking. But no one who sells it seems to be willing to divulge the recipe.

Hands that help are far better then lips that pray.
--Robert G. Ingersoll, American politician and lecturer

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2005, 07:28:00 PM »
So, what's the deal with all this??  Seriously, how is this mansion set up?  How big are the grounds?

http://www.utah.com/database/lodging/?s ... lodging=1&

Whitmore Mansion Bed & Breakfast Inn

AMENITIES Back to Nephi Lodging    
Entertainment/Relaxation Price
  ?  VCR in Room
  ?  Jetted Tub in Room
  ?  Hot Tub
  ?  Television in Room
  ?  Movies/Movie Channel
   ?  $50 - $75
  ?  $76 - $125

Food Services Credit Cards Accepted