Author Topic: DOCUMENTARY FILM  (Read 9812 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« on: December 15, 2004, 03:44:00 PM »
A group of former RMA students are making a documentary film about the history and evolution of CEDU education, focusing on people's personal experiences with the various schools and programs. They are currently conducting interviews of past and present staff, students and families all over the United States.  If you have any interest in contributing to this project please contact [email protected]
-Thank You
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 04:25:00 PM »
How do I get an interview?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 08:53:00 PM »
How do I know that this is not just another phoney CEDU attempt to size up and attack "the enemy" i.e. us.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2004, 02:55:00 PM »
As both former students and filmmakers we will do our best to be unbiased and objective in our interpretations of CEDU.  By gathering a broad scope of opinions, interviewing both staff and students and investigating their various viewpoints, we will allow the audience to draw their own conclusions.

Any inquiries can be made directly to [email protected]
Interviews can be scheduled the same way.

-thanks

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 12:14:00 AM »
This guy actually seems to know what he's doing.  If you have something to say I suggest you get on board.  This could go somewhere. :tup:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2005, 11:58:00 AM »
-thanks.

Offline Mrs. Doubtfire

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »
Check their credentials! Ask what other films they have produced; where is their funding coming from; who will do their distribution; why they are making this film; what was their motivation to do the film in the first place; what protection would you have to remain "anonymous" as so many contributors to these boards seem to be; as a subject in the documentary will you be compensated financially?  Will you see the film and be able to sign off on your portion of it after it is edited and ready for screening - if it ever makes it that far?

I am very suspicious of anyone originating in the "West" - Idaho, Utah, etc. I would like to know a lot more about these "film makers" before I uttered a word.... Just a suggestion.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2005, 07:31:00 PM »
All good questions.  I'd prefer to go into greater detail on a more personal basis, but for starters...

Our team is based in New York and Chicago, and comprised mainly of former RMA (Idaho) students. This is our first professional project together.  
We are personally funding the film and have no have no plans for major distribution at this time.  The motivation is purely one of human interest.  The history of CEDU education is complex and intriguing and we plan to show the profound affect it has had on people's lives.  
Annonymity, although definately discouraged, can be accomadated in certain situations.  There will be no financial compensation offered as the producer simply cannot afford to do so.  We have no desire to mislead participants and therefore must insist that anyone involved must release their footage to us before it is ever screened.

Any other questions can be directed to [email protected]

-thanks

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2005, 09:45:00 AM »
I find it strange that you are wary of releasing more details out here for the public to read.

You have told us next to nothing here.

This is in response to your invitatation for me to be interviewed in the film
(see thread titled "Son Of Serbia" on this forum).

I find some of your comments here suspicious.
You have said that your intention is that the film on Cedu remain neutral, IE: that the film show all points of view without appearing biased one way or the other.  I don't believe this to be realistic.  Here's why:

By your own words, this film is being made by a group of former RMA students....I am curious to know how the film makers themselves feel about their own experience(s) at CEDU.  Do YOU (the film makers)feel that Cedu benefitted your lives, or did it do more harm than good.  What is the overall concensus amoung you, is Cedu a "GOOD" place or a "BAD" one?  Ultimately, the answer to that question will determine which way the film is biased.  And please don't tell me that your camp is split both ways, as it is entirely inconceivable that a group of Cedu lovers and Cedu haters could ever cooperate together to make a film about the school, it's just not going to happen.

It's time for you people (the film makers) to step up to the plate and let us all know
exactly where you folks stand on CEDU.  

Regardless of your intent to be neutral, ultimately it is your own view(s) of the
school that will prevail to the audience.
You can play "devils advocate" all you want,
but this is a fact that you can't change.

I'm also concerned with your statement
"that you are making this film for human interest", and have no intention of major
distribution to the general public.

If you've followed this site at all, you would know that most of us are out here because we want to make the public aware of what really happens at Cedu, and how we've been hurt by
them.

That being said, why would any of us
want to surrender our anonymity, and
share our own personal stories of cedu
(many of which are painful and humiliating
to tell) on a film that most of the public
won't even see?  

I see absolutely no benefit in that.

Why then are you making this film?  Why would all of you be spending the enormous amounts of money, time, and resources required to make a quality film, with no intention to sell it or make a profit off of it?  And don't tell me that your motives are purely altruistic, because I'm not buying it. We all need to eat and keep a roof over our heads.  So if you're not planning to sell this film to the public, then exactly WHO are you going to sell it to?

It's about time that you stop beating around the bush and give us some real answers.....

.[ This Message was edited by: SON OF SERBIA on 2005-01-03 07:02 ]

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2005, 01:47:00 PM »
word up!
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »
To the skeptic(s), and anyone else following this thread...

Quite simply, our feelings aren't as cut and dry as "love" and "hate."  The filmmakers themselves have mixed feelings about their experiences at RMA.  This is only natural, as anyone who attended will most certainly agree.  We, the members of this team, all do acknowledge that CEDU benefitted our lives in one way or another.  In fact, certain members are graduates, while others were still in the earlier phases of the school when they left.

I have stated on several occasions now, that I believe it is not only fair, but absolutely necessary to be truly objective in our portrayal of CEDU in this film.  I, myself, am not a fan of the styles of certain other documentarians who make it painfully obvious where they stand on the issues they are covering.  I feel that the true mission of a good documentary is to educate not to propogate.

Quite simply, our passions in life are music and filmmaking.  These passions are what allowed us to develop such meaningful friendships at RMA in such varying stages of the school and to have maintained them several years later.  They have allowed us to put aside our diffences of opinion, and compromise in order to present a powerful, moving and meaninful film.  This film has been in various stages of development since we attended RMA in 1999, and has been in production since May of 2004.  We have been successful beyond our wildest dreams thus far, and dont feel the need to validate ourselves to annonymous conspiracy theorists on internet message boards.  Our add on this site has been posted as a golden opportunity to you all, and we suggest that you begin to view it as such.

As for your statements about distribution and profit -- We have made tremendous personal financial sacrifices to produce this film, and obviously intend to have it "go somewhere."  At the present time we have no "buyers" or major studio funding.  You have obviously misunderstood my words... I most definately intend to screen it for public audiences.  Whether or not this will ulitimately lead to profit margins is a whole other point of uncertainty.

I think your quest for public awareness is a valid one, and suggest that you might attain some more crediblity by taking your cause above ground and into the public eye through this film.  That is, unless, your main concern is annonymity, rather than the wrongs that CEDU allegedly commited against you.

We have made many attempts to be forthcoming and public with our intentions.  We are simply encouraging people to contact us directly.  I will state firmly now, that any further communications you wish to have with us, should be made directly if you want them acknowledged.  We are very busy trying to schedule legitimate on-site interviews with courageous, opinionated individuals.

-thank you and good day.

THE PRODUCER

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2005, 05:17:00 PM »
If this fellow or this film were real unbiased reporting, then we would know his name, who he represents, and where he is producing, cutting, and editing the film.

I doubt that there is any film or documentary, and, if there is one, it is a promo by WWASP or some other legal advocare such as an association for the lagal protection of specialty schools.

This guy wants our identities, but then where is his true and proved identity? There is not even a real address.

I would be very careful with this bullshit. People who do such films usually allow annonomous individuals to speak. If they don't allow whistle blowers, then they must clearly be on the boarding school side, they must be clearly biased and clearly lying.

Don't give them a pot to shit in. I think they are bullshitters or lawyers.

You all know how these scum-bags operate. You went to school there or worked there - I worked there and we all know without any reservation that RMA and all the other spauns are pure cunning, unethical, twisted, perverted psuedo- psychology i.e. CULT. Anyone who sees it differently must, therefore, be a convert.

The Soldier

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2005, 10:54:00 PM »
BLOWNAWAYTHEIDAHOWAY-

We will be in NYC this week until thursday afternoon if you would care to meet in person, and possibly schedule an interview.  We have a number of interviews already taking place between now and thursday, but I'm sure you'll at least get some idea of our credentials by speaking with us directly.  Hopefully this will clear up any uncertainty you or anyone else may be having.  
E-mail me if you are interested [email protected]

thanks, Matt.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2005, 12:18:00 PM »
Does that offer extend to everyone in the New York area?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2005, 04:07:00 PM »
It most certainly does.  NY is something of a home base for a few of us, so feel free to contact to schedule an interview.  [email protected]