Author Topic: CEDU should make amends  (Read 6859 times)

Offline Buddha22

• View Profile
CEDU should make amends
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2007, 08:30:54 PM »
I love Karma and how it affects things! One day, all CEDU clone's employee's will get what they deserve, A 6 feet prison cell.
-king random

all of CEDU Consulars  and their clones program's counselors should make amends, but I think they will not, because they're all self-righteous a$$holes.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"The Cause Of Human Suffering Is Human Ignorance"- Socrates

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Helping others
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 12:50:00 PM »
They won't make amends in many cases. Statutes and disbursement and all that. More recent cases have a better chance, but it seems that all cases falter.

The best bet is to publicize, use staff names (fairly and accurately), and go after current institutions.  Hard.  

But it has to be with directed, proactive anger, channeled for maximum efficacy.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CEDU should make amends
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007, 12:52:45 PM »
what else does it need?

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
CEDU should make amends
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2007, 01:15:15 PM »
One way would be to compile a list of felonies comitted by staff memebers or former students that are working with CEDU like institutions (assholes like Russ Decker)

Felonies that staff had comitted pre-CEDU. Felonies that staff coped out to in raps/propheets. If we have enough detail, compile it and send it to the police in the county that the crime was comitted we could start to turn this ship around.

we didn't sign any confidentiality agreements in those raps. The staff may have but the student's didn't sign shit.

Or we could do the same for student disclosures. I remember 1 gnarly disclosure of a former student. I don't want to fuck with the kid about his disclosre - i feel bad for him in many regards. But the way RMA forced him to confess it to his parents on a parent visit was, in my book, wreckless endangerement and is prosecutable. Is that  a word?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
yum
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2007, 01:19:16 PM »
What's really freaking shocking is that students confessed to crimes committed against them, and nothing ever happened.  Why? Because the bottom line was more important than the kid. Staff weren't going to piss off the family to protect the kid if it threatened the Almighty. (Dollar, that is.)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CEDU should make amends
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2007, 07:59:39 PM »
when i split from cedu and hitchhiked back to my parents' house i got raped.  it was like it didnt even happen.  it was so all my fault

Offline stina

• View Profile
CEDU should make amends
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2007, 09:19:33 PM »
Quote from: ""alia23""
when i split from cedu and hitchhiked back to my parents' house i got raped.  it was like it didnt even happen.  it was so all my fault

Jesus. That's unbelievable.
I used to be Snow White but I drifted.

Offline Hated Cedu

• View Profile
CEDU should make amends
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2007, 11:06:55 PM »
I'm so horribly sorry that happened to you.  

Hugs.......
IP Danielle Allgood, Carmen Earl, John Padgett......enjoy your rot in hell!  :flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CEDU should make amends
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2007, 04:00:24 AM »
i was raped again after i got back from cedu and i was like, whatever, cedu was way worse.

i feel like they raped our minds.  thats what i think it is, the brainwashing, it shouldn't be called brainwashing, it should be called mind raping.  it's wrong.  really wrong.  it makes you not be able to think or reason or trust?  why would you want to turn a person back into an animal?  because you were trying to turn them into a slave maybe?  someone who wouldn't notice they were a slave?

thats what the owners of cnn want to do to everyone, i think we can see that.  i am so angry truly i feel like i could burn down the world.  but i want to create a new vision of what people can also be, sure we can be cruel demons, but we can also be beautiful angels, we just have to understand tolerance and diversity in a way western society so far has not been able to, largely because of the overly simplistic ideas and rationals of man that came to dominate his mind beyond where it should have.

brainwashing it seems to me is the root of all society.  it has been demonstrated in its most horrific way at cedu, and in america in general, and throughout much of western history, but that doesnt mean that it has to continue that way.  

i feel that a clear vision of a new way of thinking is the best way to assure that these behaviors arent repeated in history.

fucking behavior modification.  they wanted to do behavior modification on us???  they are the ones who need behavior modification!!!  the few crazy sadistic fuck heads capable of exacting this abuse indisciriminantly on anyone who wanders into their presence.

we must finally fight back in society against the same mindset that ruled the vilians of our youth.  dont we just have to do something?  like write a book or something!!  god i wish i could stop procrastinating right now....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CEDU should make amends
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 04:06:13 AM »
and thank you, i appreciate your sympathy.  we all need sympathy and i know you understand pain.  we all felt more pain there than most people feel in a lifetime.  most people die on their way to feeling that much pain.  and they just inflicted on us for 2 years and then gave us back to our parents.  

do you feel like they were trying to make us hate our parents and beleive our parents hated us?  cause thats what i feel like.

Offline AuntieEm

• View Profile
CEDU should make amends
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2007, 12:13:13 PM »
Alia, my sympathies as well. It must have taken a lot of courage to survive.

It makes my blood run backwards knowing my niece is at BCA and probably going through what you all went through. For months I've thought, "Maybe she'll run away, and call us." Easy for me to say, until I read more here about how dangerous it is to run away. (Have you read this thread? http://http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=22840)

I also share your drive to DO something about this. I have two battles I need to fight.

The first is to get my niece to safety, and to a loving home.

Second is the human rights battle that needs to be fought. I am hopeful about the GAO report and the hearings in the House. I know many people here have doubts, but it is a very big deal that the GAO has issued this damning report, and there are actually very few issues that get as far as a hearing in Congress. Now the GAO and Rep. Miller need to finish what they've started. As I've said before, it won't be a cure-all, but it is vital that students have legal recourse when they've been wronged/harmed.

I would rather fight for prosecution than amends. But that's just the opinion of one angry Auntie.

AuntieEm
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 10:25:45 AM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
No lo creo, after all these years.
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2007, 01:14:00 PM »
It is absolutely outrageous this continues to thrive and flourish.   Public awareness must be raised.  We need a visual representation to show the public exactly what we went through. More stories must be proliferated via media.   We should challenge those "self help" to study the flip side of the coin. Seriously study them, take testimony, feature investigative journalists, such as Maia, etc.

What continues to blow my mind is why these places were not prosecuted when THOUSANDS of students/parents were deceived by:

1. A promise to deliver academics. Cedu and RMA were called schools and academies. When I was there, there were NO schools. It is designated as a group home.

2. A promise to deliver individualized therapy.  Abusive group interrogation/coercion based on experiential cult like anti-therapy practices  (Lifespring, EST, and Synanon) is neither individualized nor therapeutic.

3. A promise to deliver emotional growth. Is this even possible through systemic verbal and psychological abuse and coercion?

4. A promise to protect us with safe caregivers.  Let's face it, there is NO alumna who can say that these staff members contributed to an overall atmosphere of emotional safety. Verbal abuse aside, there were no boundaries.  How appropriate is it to give power to staff members who are inappropriate sexually, and who have admitted--boasted!--of committing all manner of crimes and deviances? And we had to trust them with our most vulnerable psyches? Only to be exploited, humiliated, and coerced?

I. Just. Don't. Get. It.

In addition, there was no unbiased, regulatory party to investigate student issues or complaints. And let's not even get in fraudulent licensure/advertising.  

I know there are some who believe in forgiveness, and I'm not one to advocate dwelling in bitterness, but by the same token, I can't forgive those who don't repent. (And no, I'm not religious.)  

PS. I'm sorry, Alia, to hear about your rape. When I split CEDU RS, I was so afraid that it took me 6 hours to go a few miles.  I was trying to avoid capture from law enforcement, cultists, and deviants. I spent more time hiding than moving. What happened to you was my worst fear--but CEDU scared me more.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
CEDU should make amends
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2007, 07:32:19 PM »
Quote from: ""alia23""
i was raped again after i got back from cedu and i was like, whatever, cedu was way worse.

i feel like they raped our minds.  thats what i think it is, the brainwashing, it shouldn't be called brainwashing, it should be called mind raping.  it's wrong.  really wrong.  it makes you not be able to think or reason or trust?  why would you want to turn a person back into an animal?  because you were trying to turn them into a slave maybe?  someone who wouldn't notice they were a slave?

This sentiment is something frighteningly similar to something julie said in a thread I posted regarding sexual dysfunction in survivors.

Quote from: ""julie""
Think of the forced intimicy like a skilled dom that you didn't choose and didn't want and would like to get away from inflicting scenes on you unwillingly and pulling the strings right so that you have to respond to the scene with the endorphins that feel good.

You get the pleasure, but you know darned well you didn't choose this and didn't want it---except with the pleasure, there's that little voice that has to wonder if you did want it---except you really did say no and mean it---except at some point in that when it started feeling good did your response constitute consent from then on---except....

Round and round it goes. Below the surface of your mind even if not consciously.

Which the Program does with its coercive techniques for getting you all keyed up in a negative way and then forcing the endorphins out with some kind of release of tension technique, usually accompanied by some variant of love bombing (or approval bombing---"Oh, you're finally making progress! We're so proud of you!")

Screws you up in the same way as if you'd been imprisoned and raped or imprisoned and subjected to scenes by a skilled (but criminal) dom--for months or years!--you said no to.

Recovery for me as a rape survivor has included realizing that no really did mean no and I had a right for it to be respected, but that some human responses are push-button and someone who takes physical control over you and can push those buttons regardless of your having said no. I still did say no, like other rape victims, and the bastard succeeding at pushing my buttons makes his crime worse. It doesn't make me complicit in my own victimization. Everybody has buttons that can be pushed whether we want them to be or not, and it screws everybody up when that happens, which is why imprisoning another human being and pushing their buttons is such an evil thing to do.

Being imprisoned and mentally raped for an extended period screwed up all your intimacy relations across the spectrum.

Rape victims do not become mostly-recovered survivors without some sort of treatment, either professional or through a damned skilled shade-tree counselor who is a professional in all but name and pay.

It wasn't your fault. You said no, you meant no, and you were forced anyway. That's rape, whether psychologically or sexually. It does the same damage, so it really doesn't matter a damn how they damaged you. You said no, they forced intimacy on you. That they succeeded in pushing some or all of your buttons does not make you complicit in your own violation in any way whatsoever.

You know that intellectually.

Not knowing it in your gut is why your sex life is still fucked up.

Get treatment.

It might be a great idea to seek out therapists who treat a lot of rape victims. Among that set of therapists, you'll probably find one fairly quickly who can generalize from treating rape victims to treating you, because, again, psychologically it's the same damn thing.

It would be just like treating a rape victim who had been imprisoned and raped repeatedly over however long you were at CEDU.

What does long-term psychological damage from rape is not the physically having a dick poked in a hole or two--that is, frankly, no different from getting punched out by a drunk bully in a bar. What does long term psychological damage from rape is the psychological forced intimacy.

Same damned thing.

It's a truism in the psychological community and the rape survivor community, for damned good reason, that rape victims don't recover without treatment---the trauma just gets shoved below the surface and festers.

That's you."

She then adds in a subsequent post:

"Another BTW since this subject punches all of my hot buttons.

I've heard Program survivors say, "At least I wasn't raped."

Yeah, you were. Same forced intimacy, same damage, same kind of treatment necessary for recovery.

Yeah, you were.

And it wasn't your fault.

Saying you were a bad kid is like saying a woman was dressed slutty so "she was askin' for it."

It's just as much bullshit when your parents, the Program, or even you say it as it is when people say it about a rape victim.

You could walk down the strip at two in the morning stark naked and you still wouldn't deserve rape.

You could be the wildest teen, or the worst criminal, and you still wouldn't deserve mental rape.

Do criminals deserve incarceration if they're convicted in a fair trial? Sure. Society needs to do that to protect the rest of us.

Do criminals deserve to be subjected to the mental rape of the Program while incarcerated? Absolutely not. Criminals do get raped in prison, but they don't deserve it and any humane way society can figure out to reduce the risk and incidence of inmates raping each other we are morally obligated to do.

The Program is mental rape.

Nobody deserves that, no matter what you did or do.

So, "At least I wasn't raped"? Yeah, you were. And like all rape, it was completely and totally not your fault.

But nobody can no that in their gut without post-rape-type treatment of some kind from somebody good at what they do.

Pay 'em or don't pay 'em, diploma over the door or no, self-selected treatment is self-selected treatment.

That last was the generic "you" referring to Program survivors in general."

I'm sorry, I don't have a link to the thread. The search feature is busted. I grabbed this from my journal.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: No lo creo, after all these years.
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2007, 02:20:02 AM »
Quote from: ""shanlea123""
It is absolutely outrageous this continues to thrive and flourish.   Public awareness must be raised.  We need a visual representation to show the public exactly what we went through. More stories must be proliferated via media.   We should challenge those "self help" to study the flip side of the coin. Seriously study them, take testimony, feature investigative journalists, such as Maia, etc.

What continues to blow my mind is why these places were not prosecuted when THOUSANDS of students/parents were deceived by:

1. A promise to deliver academics. Cedu and RMA were called schools and academies. When I was there, there were NO schools. It is designated as a group home.

2. A promise to deliver individualized therapy.  Abusive group interrogation/coercion based on experiential cult like anti-therapy practices  (Lifespring, EST, and Synanon) is neither individualized nor therapeutic.

3. A promise to deliver emotional growth. Is this even possible through systemic verbal and psychological abuse and coercion?

4. A promise to protect us with safe caregivers.  Let's face it, there is NO alumna who can say that these staff members contributed to an overall atmosphere of emotional safety. Verbal abuse aside, there were no boundaries.  How appropriate is it to give power to staff members who are inappropriate sexually, and who have admitted--boasted!--of committing all manner of crimes and deviances? And we had to trust them with our most vulnerable psyches? Only to be exploited, humiliated, and coerced?

I. Just. Don't. Get. It.

In addition, there was no unbiased, regulatory party to investigate student issues or complaints. And let's not even get in fraudulent licensure/advertising.  

I know there are some who believe in forgiveness, and I'm not one to advocate dwelling in bitterness, but by the same token, I can't forgive those who don't repent. (And no, I'm not religious.)  

PS. I'm sorry, Alia, to hear about your rape. When I split CEDU RS, I was so afraid that it took me 6 hours to go a few miles.  I was trying to avoid capture from law enforcement, cultists, and deviants. I spent more time hiding than moving. What happened to you was my worst fear--but CEDU scared me more.

i agree with this very much.  the sad thing is that i never even thought of it, i was so naive, and trusting, i thought anyone i met would just want to help me.  but i guess it was my parent's also being overly trusting like that they trusted cedu at all.  its sad, they were good parents for the most part, they were not intimate enough with us, its true, but overall they nurtured me and i was smart and loved.  they got scared by all of society into thinking that because i was smoking pot at 14 and had lost my virginity that they had completely failed as parents and had to hand their child over to  ANOTHER PERSON  to raise them because anything they would try to do was hopeless.  god what low self esteem my parents must have had to make that decision.  how depressed where they the day they made that choice?

what do you think of that?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2007, 11:21:17 AM »
Alia: Being naive and trusting doesn't mean you deserve to be hurt. You were just a girl. It makes me so mad you went through that and were only re-victimized back at CEDU.

The reason I was so careful was they fill your head with horror stories to discourage splitting. Also, I was a wuss.

By the way, thanks for sharing the Valentine apology. It helps. I wish more would come forward. For me hearing from staff or affiliates, like Sabro and FCT helped. I wish one of the Big Wigs would show contrition.