Author Topic: Bush plans to screen whole US population for mental illness  (Read 15096 times)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Bush plans to screen whole US population for mental illness
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2004, 05:48:00 PM »
Deleted. Duplicate of my previous post.
[ This Message was edited by: Deborah on 2004-09-06 10:27 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2004, 12:30:00 PM »
Well yeah, but now we're talking about deference to common practice (which drives me nuts on a daily basis anyway) but not avarice.

The weavers of linen and hempen cloth, ... may exercise their trades without paying any fine.
-- Adam Smith in The Wealth of Nations (chapter X, part II) notes:

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2004, 11:42:00 PM »
August 19, 2004
Dear Friend,

If you have young children or grandchildren, the information I'm going to share should scare you. It should make you angry. But above all it should
make you want to stand up and protect them from what I consider a very dangerous threat: mandatory psychiatric screening of each and every
school-aged child.

That's right. The plans are in motion to screen every schoolchild for ADHD, depression, social anxiety disorder, and behavior problems. In fact, it's already in effect in Illinois, Texas, and New Jersey.

A Disturbing Trend in Our Schools In April 2002, President Bush created the New Freedom Commission on Mental Health. Its objective was to enhance mental health services to those in need. But it has taken a diabolical twist. The commission has concluded that there is a need to search for mental disorders especially in children, and to do this, they plan mandatory mental health
screening for everyone, starting with  preschoolers.

According to the Commission's 2003  report, "Quality screening and early
intervention should occur in readily accessible, low-stigma settings, such as primary health care facilities and schools."

It is irrational to think that you need to screen 52 million schoolchildren to find those who need help. The ones who really need help are obvious.

But it gets worse. The report goes on to say, "...the extent, severity, and far-reaching consequences make it imperative that our Nation adopt a comprehensive, systemic approach to improving the mental health status of children." That means drugging them!

52 Million Potential Customers The New Freedom Commission's proposed treatment programs are based on the Texas Medication Algorithm Project
(TMAP). TMAP, which was first used in Texas in 1996 and has since expanded to other states, is a set of very specific medication recommendations,
virtually all of them the newest, most expensive, psychotropic drugs available.

It doesn't take a genius to see that this sinister scheme has been masterminded by the pharmaceutical companies, who stand to gain billions of dollars by pushing expensive drugs on our children.

According to Allen Jones, an inspector who worked in the Pennsylvania Office of the Inspector General, many of these companies contribute large sums of money to political parties and to people in key decision-making roles. When he blew the whistle on this, he was promptly sacked.

Trolling for Patients If you want to see just how biased and ridiculous these screening procedures are, visit some of the drug companies' websites
and look at their questionnaires. Whether they are trying to weed out depression, social anxiety disorder, ADHD, or other psychological maladies,
the types of questions they ask are equally absurd.

I took one test, entitled the Zung Assessment Tool, at the Prozac website. You respond to 20 phrases with one of the following: not often, sometimes, often, or all the time. Phrases include, "I feel downhearted, blue, and sad.
"I have trouble sleeping through the night." "I eat as much as I used to."  I have trouble with constipation." "My mind is as clear as it used to be." I am more irritable than usual." "I find it easy to make decisions." (As you see, some of these questions are confusing, if not irrational.)

I selected "sometimes" for every phrase, as a normal, healthy person would. My score was 50, and I was advised to show this test to my doctor and "ask him or her to evaluate you for depression."

Folks, sometimes feeling irritable, unable to sleep, etc., are hardly indicative of a serious mental malfunction. Feeling out of sorts from time
to time is a normal part of being human. Yet according to this test, I may be a candidate for an antidepressant.

Drugging of Children Is Evil Widespread psychiatric screening of our children isn't only unnecessary, it's evil.

Children are not miniature adults. Childhood is filled with dreams, vivid imagination, and rollercoaster rides of emotion that we as grownups only vaguely recall. The totality of these experiences is essential in order for
children to become fully developed adults.

Psychotropic drugs prevent children from truly experiencing childhood. The drugged child is not real. He doesn't grow into and out of various life
stages, whether pleasant or unpleasant.  Psychiatric drugs prevent normal development.

The pharmaceutical drug lords, lusting for the billions of dollars that massive psychiatric screening and treatment will add to their coffers, will destroy the essence of your child.

Think back on your childhood. Remember your experiences. Now ask yourself, would you be better off today if five or six years of your childhood had  been spent in a drugged-out state?

In my opinion, psychotropic drugs are even worse than some illegal ones. Children are drugged simply because some harebrained test designed by a
pharmaceutical company says they should be drugged. Neither the child nor the parent has any say at all in the matter.

What Can You Do? Here's what you can do about it. First of all, refuse to sign those consent forms when they come home from your child's school - if
they can't test them, they can't drug them. Next, take a moment to write your congressional representatives and voice your concerns. You can locate them at http://www.congress.org. Also, email Laura Bush at [email protected]
Ask her how she'd like to have her daughters screened and drugged without her or their consent. We need to get mothers involved.

Finally, don't just say no to drugs. Say no to psychiatric screening

P.S. This article was written for the latest issue of Health & Healing, but I want to make sure everyone knows about this, newsletter subscriber or not. To learn more about Health & Healing, and to preview what's in next month's
issue, be sure to check out the information below.

This Health Update Sponsored By
Why the Next 12 Months Will Be So Special to Your Health If you're ready to experience better health, stronger immunity, and reversal of chronic
conditions that have bothered you or your loved ones for years, click here to find out how Dr. Whitaker's monthly newsletter Health & Healing can help. Subscribe now and you'll receive the latest news about breakthroughs in natural healing from around the world, practical information on how to enjoy remarkably better health, and the support you need to maintain your
commitment to healthy living.

In the September issue, I'll be announcing the winners of the Health Achievement Awards and sharing all of their amazing stories with you. I'll also be discussing what I consider to be the most potentially dangerous threat to our children ever masterminded by the pharmaceutical giants and
the current administration. Finally, if healthy arteries are important to you, you can't miss my article on arginine.
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2004, 08:10:00 AM »
Wrong board!

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2004, 03:42:00 PM »
Wrong board? Who says?

Offline hurleygurley

• View Profile
    • http://www.thetroublingtroubledteenindustry.org
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2004, 06:50:00 PM »
Discussion about the merits of screening for mental illness and the pros and cons of various drugs are beside the point regarding our president's lovely plan. The central issue, as the original post reads, is that this is a program pushed by drug companies which make the HIGHEST profit of any industry (after R&D) AND they, do, in fact, contribute massively to republican campaigns.

Check into it. Go to opensecret.org Google around. This is another horrific Bush scam.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2004, 12:18:00 AM »
I sent that previous post out and got this interesting reply:

I couldn't agree more. Of all the anti-depressants out there, I find "paxil" interesting for it's latin derivative meaning "peaceful".
Welcome to Brave New World where any sign of social unrest is "treated" with 20mg of paxil.

I know that some folks do benefit from drugs as a stopgap measure that allows them to function in the world. At best it seems to treat the symptoms but not the cause.

When I was in college I worked on a documentary of a large state mental hospital. The institution was designed by Dr. Charles Kirkbride, a quaker. The Quakers were the first to look at mental illness as a treatable disease (prior to that the mentally ill were consigned to a church almshouse or prison). Kirkbride was an architect and the form of the hospital itself represented an attempt at classification- it was an imposing, gothic structure with a large central administration building and men's and women's wings flanking that. Patients were segregated
within their wing according to the severity of their illness, so that the further away from the administration building you got the more severe the illnesses. Kirkbride was assisted by Frederick Law Olmstead, a landscape architect who designed Central Park in NY among others. Both
Kirkbridge and Olmstead felt that city life was a prime cause of mental illness, and so they designed the hospital grounds as a garden / rural
environment that was hoped to provide some relief. The particular institution I studied had world-class gardens- visitors from England
remarked that they far surpassed anything over there. This site had over 72 species of trees, including several which were the largest of their
kind in the world. In addition to removing the mentally ill from the environment that was believed to be the cause of their illness, the
hospital was designed with the idea of work as therapy. There were five such institutions in Ohio and they were nearly self-sufficient. The
hospital I studied in Athens specialized in dairy, while other hospitals would have other areas of focus. But the degree of self-sufficiency of any one was amazing. For example, the Athens facility had chickens, hogs, vegetable gardens, a greehouse that provided fresh cut flowers for the dinner table year round, a wood shop, a tin shop, seamstress facilities etc. When a patient died, the others would cut trees, mill
wood, make a coffin and dig the grave.

It was almost possible to romanticize the place from the stories, until I heard about patients who, because they were good workers, spent their
whole lives there because they were too valuable to be let go. In the 70's the popular trend was de-institutionalization and they began kicking folks out. Some who had spent their whole lives there and who knew nothing else couldn't take the loss and committed suicide.

I tend to agree that urbanization is a significant factor in many mental illnesses. And I can see the value of manual labor as therapy in some cases.

The Athens hospital had an interesting form of therapy early on, before there were any other treatments available. When a patient was brought in who seemed to be suffering from depression but not otherwise seriously impaired, sometime in the first week several interns would rush into the
patients room, drag him of out bed and carry him out to the edge of one of the cliffs overlooking the ponds and toss him in. I never did learn
if this worked to snap anyone out of depression (or whether anyone drowned). But it is an interesting approach for a time when there were
no other viable treatments. Prior to the availability of electroshock the hospital practiced a similiar variant where the patient would be placed in ice water, then removed and quickly submerged in extremely hot water, over and over.

The Athens hospital later became a leading center for lobotomies, and when I was there some of the victims of that procedure still roamed the
streets.

Oh, and it gained some noteriety as the home of Billy Mulligan, made infamous in a book by Daniel Keyes as one of the first cases of multiple
personality disorder.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2004, 11:55:00 AM »
http://newswithviews.com/Cuddy/dennis15.htm
MENTAL HEALTH, EDUCATION AND SOCIAL CONTROL
Part 1
By Dennis L. Cuddy, Ph.D.
August 28, 2004
NewsWithViews.com

In my last article,
[http://www.newswithviews.com/Cuddy/dennis14.htm]I focused on the connection between mental health and world citizenship. However, there is more to the use of mental health by the power elite than world citizenship. In MENTAL HEALTH, vol. 1, no. 4, October 1940, one finds a speech by John Rawlings Rees (deputy director of the Tavistock Institute for Medical Psychology begun in 1920) on June 18, 1940, in which he revealed: "We can therefore justifiably stress our particular point of view with regard to the proper development of the human psyche, even though our knowledge be incomplete. We must aim to make it permeate every educational activity in our national life.... Public life, politics and industry should all of them be within our sphere of influence.... Especially since the last world war we have done much to infiltrate the various social organizations throughout the country....Similarly we have made a useful attack upon a number of professions.

The two easiest of them naturally are the teaching profession and the Church: the two most difficult are law and medicine.... If we are to infiltrate the professional and social activities of other people, I think we must imitate the Totalitarian and organize some kind of fifth column activity! If better ideas on mental health are to progress and spread we, as the salesmen, must lose our identity.... Let us all, therefore, very secretly be 'fifth columnists.'... We have often been too spasmodic in our work and I feel we need a long-term plan of propaganda.... I doubt the wisdom of a direct attack upon the existing state of affairs; even though there is a war on, that would still raise opposition, whereas the more insidious approach of suggesting that something better is needed---'why shouldn't we try so and so'---is more likely to succeed.... Many people don't like to be 'saved', 'changed' or made healthy. I have a feeling, however, that 'efficiency and economy' would make rather a good appeal because there are very few people who would not welcome these two suggestions."

At the end of the Second World War, Canadian psychiatrist Brock Chisholm would pick up Rees' assault upon the Church in the February 1946 edition of PSYCHIATRY, writing that "a program of re-education or a new kind of education" needed to be charted whereby "the science of living should be made available to all people by being taught to all children in primary and secondary schools.... Only so, can we help our children to carry out their responsibilities as world citizens as we have not been able to do.... We have swallowed all manner of poisonous certainties fed us by our parents, our Sunday and day school teachers,our politicians, our priests.... The reinterpretation and eventual eradication of the concept of right and wrong which has been the basis of child training, the substitution of intelligent and rational thinking for faith in the certainties of the old people, these are the belated objectives...for charting the changes in human behavior."

Chisholm was the first director-general of the World Health Organization (WHO), and just a few months after his article in PSYCHIATRY, Chisholm's friend Alger Hiss in July 1946 persuaded the founders of WHO to stimulate the concept of "world mental health" by including in their constitution the following definition:  "...Health is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity."

Logically, with this broad definition of "health," it was possible for the advocates of linking mental health and education to claim this was necessary to promote social well-being. Thus, in the October 1954 edition of MENTAL HYGIENE, one finds "Education for Mental Health" by George Stevenson, M.D.

It is a transcript of his April 2, 1954 radio broadcast, in which he remarked: "...it may be well to look into education for social action. If such education is to be one part of a broader effort to reach a goal, certain steps may be followed to make sure that mental health education has its proper place in the total scheme.... The schools stand in an especially strategic position.... They are in position to provide a good atmosphere within the school that can counterbalance the reverse at home.... Education for mental health...is everybody's business."

Unfortunately, American public schools bought Dr. Stevenson's reasoning and increasingly introduced mental health programs in schools across the land. The results of these initiatives soon became obvious. In MENTAL ROBOTS (1957) by Dr. Lewis A. Alesen (former president of the California Medical Association), he declared: "Americans today are being deluged with... propaganda... under the disarmingly innocent title of 'The Mental Health Program.' ...Its (robotry) objectives...the ultimate destruction of the human individual as a person; the eradication of all the traditions, ideals and moral concepts which he has learned from home, church, and school...and taught to deny and reject responsibility for himself, and to transfer that responsibility to the group, that is the state. The master plan...has been the result of...thousands of individuals...who have not had the time,...or the ability to gain a perspective of the ultimate aims of the plan which they have actively aided in bringing to fruition. Summer sessions in group dynamics... under the direction of... a subdivision of the National Education Association, with... the fundamental objective to prepare those so trained in the subtle art of propagandizing without seeming to do so. Here among academic surroundings a carefully arranged schedule of indoctrination has been prepared by the National Education Association."

The "group dynamics" mentioned by Dr. Alesen related to the Research Center for Group Dynamics (at the University of Michigan), and the "subdivision of the National Education Association" to which he referred was the National Training Laboratories (NTL was co-founded by the Research Center and the NEA's Division of Adult Education Service). In 1962, the NTL published ISSUES IN (HUMAN RELATIONS) TRAINING, in which the editors wrote that human relations or sensitivity training "fits into a context of institutional influence procedures which includes coercive persuasion in the form of thought reform or brainwashing." The book also includes information about "change-agent skills" and "unfreezing, changing and refreezing" attitudes.

The year after Dr. Alesen's book appeared, Congress passed the National Defense Education Act, which provided for a massive infusion of guidance counselors and testing personnel into the public schools across the U.S. And the year after NTL's book was published, the first Governor's School for the Gifted and Talented began in 1963 in North Carolina with funding from the Carnegie Corporation. On May 6, 1963, Prof. George Welsh of the Psychology Department of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill wrote to the Psychological Corporation in New York indicating that at the Governor's School "we are planning to administer an extensive test battery." And on May 10 of that year, Harold Seashore, director of the Corporation's Test Division, replied to Prof. Welsh and indicated that if he used their test, "we would want a set of the cards filed with us, so that we can accumulate information on groups like this over the years."

The writer of this article attended that school in 1963, and among the tests administered to us was the Psychological Corporation's Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory. It included 771 statements to which we were to respond "true" or "false." And among these statements were the following: (1) I believe in the worth of humanity, but not in God; (2) We cannot know for sure whether or not there is a God; (3) One of the most important things children should learn is when to disobey authority; (4) The findings of science may some day show that many of our most cherished beliefs are wrong; (5) Organized religion, while sincere and constructive in its aims, is really an obstacle to human progress.

The year after this writer attended the first Governor's School, the National Institute of Mental Health on February 18, 1964 awarded psychologist B. F. Skinner a grant (Grant K6-MH 21755) for $283,000 to be paid over 10 years to write BEYOND FREEDOM AND DIGNITY (1971), in which Skinner maintained that concepts of freedom and dignity must be discarded, and that human behavior be conditioned by an elite. Not long after the publication of Skinner's book, U.S. Rep. Cornelius Gallagher (NJ) delivered a speech in the U. S. House of Representatives titled "Skinnering the Taxpayers," in which he stated: "We disclosed in 1970 that at least 250,000 American grammar school children are receiving behavioral modification drugs, most often the amphetamines or 'speed' as they are commonly called."
[I APPEARS THAT THE TEEN WAREHOUSE INDUSTRY FITS NICELY INTO THIS PLAN. COULD THIS BE A FACTOR IN WHY SO MANY POLITICIANS SUPPORT THE INDUSTRY?]

Later in the 1970s, THE PSYCHOLOGICAL SOCIETY (1978) by Martin Gross was published, in which he informed readers that "Our schools are taking on the aura of a psychiatric clinic, without taxpayer consent.... The school child is immersed in a psychological environment in which he is cajoled, invited, seduced, even bludgeoned into seeking counseling.... Almost all the (school psychology) personnel are actually laymen. The entire practice of school psychology may be seen as an intrusion of bureaucracy into the family structure. Further school counseling may not be legal. In most cases, school personnel may not practice psychotherapy on children. By labeling it as 'counseling' instead of 'psychotherapy,' they may have invented a semantic subterfuge to circumvent the law.... There is no real evidence that the anxieties, neuroses, or eventual psychosis rate of children is in any way reduced by school intervention. There is the equal possibility that the effort is actually a NEUROTIC STIMULUS. With our taxes, we are helping poorly trained specialists to tamper with the psyches of an already overpsychologized generation."

Two years after Gross wrote these words, THE AQUARIAN CONSPIRACY (1980) by Marilyn Ferguson was published, in which she revealed that "there are legions of conspirators....Of the Aquarian conspirators surveyed, more were involved in education than any other single category of work.... A major ambition of the curriculum is autonomy. This is based on the belief that if our children are to be free, they must be free even from us---from our limiting beliefs.... One veteran bureaucrat at the National Institute of Mental Health said, 'There are a lot of us in the woodwork.'"

In terms of the presidential election this year (2004) and President Bush's New Freedom Initiative, it may make little difference who wins the election. Both President Bush and Senator John Kerry are members of the secret Skull & Bones society at Yale University, and Senator Kerry has to my knowledge thus far raised no objections to this mental health screening initiative. It is an initiative by the elite, who believe they have a responsibility to tell the rest of us what is in our best interests.

The swastika is actually a pre-Hitler elitist symbol that has been found in the Skull & Bones vault at Yale. There is also a swastika on the gravestone of John Ruskin (mentor of Cecil Rhodes, who formed the secret Society of the Elect "to take the government of the whole world," in Rhodes' own words). In TIME AND TIDE (1867), Ruskin wrote that "the first duty of the State is to see that every child born therein shall be well housed, clothed, fed, and educated.... But in order to the effecting this the Government must have an authority over the people of which we now do not so much as dream." According to award-winning author Alan Axelrod, Ruskin was "reportedly a student of the ILLUMINATI."

Why of all the web servers in the U.S. did George W. Bush choose Illuminati Online for his presidential campaign in 2000? (Look under November 9, 1999 on http://www.io.com/systemnews/1999/nov.html) This was AFTER the president of Illuminati Online (IOCOM), Steve Jackson, developed a card game in 1994 called "Illuminati: New World Order" with a supplement called "Assassins." (See http://www.io.com/~sj/sjbio.html) One of the cards in the card game shows one of the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York City being hit by a terrorist attack, and another card shows the Pentagon partly in flames from an attack.
[Second link doesn't work. Try: http://www.sjgames.com/ourgames/card.html]

And if you believe the government's version of what happened on 9/11, then why is there a videotape of FOX News that day with reporter Marc Birnbach saying that he saw the plane (United Flight 175) that hit the south tower of the World Trade Center, and it had no windows and a blue logo near the front UNLIKE any United Airlines plane? As of about two weeks ago, Birnbach (now with the ABC network) reportedly stands by his on-air account of 9/11. It is worth noting that Boeing has made a windowless plane of that size (767) for the U.S. military.

Part 2 of this article will appear in the near future.

© 2004 Dennis Cuddy - All Rights Reserved

Order Dennis Cuddy's new book "Cover-Up: Government Spin or Truth?"

E-Mails are used strictly for NWVs alerts, not for sale

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dennis Laurence Cuddy, historian and political analyst, received a Ph.D. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (major in American History, minor in political science). Dr. Cuddy has taught at the university level, has been a political and economic risk analyst for an international consulting firm, and has been a Senior Associate with the U.S. Department of Education.

Cuddy has also testified before members of Congress on behalf of the U.S. Department of Justice. Dr. Cuddy has authored or edited seventeen books and booklets, and has written hundreds of articles appearing in newspapers around the nation, including The Washington Post, Los Angeles Times and USA Today. He has been a guest on numerous radio talk shows in various parts of the country, such as ABC Radio in New York City, and he has also been a guest on the national television programs USA Today and CBS's Nightwatch.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2004, 01:58:00 PM »
Here's a nice collection of articles in the same vein.

http://www.buildfreedom.com/portal/category.php/238

Some of these give more history and documentation defining the problem at hand. Some others give some practical suggestions and discussion to ways to successfully subvert the coupe.

Our youth can not understand why society chooses to criminalize a behavior with so little visible ill effect or adverse social impact... These young people have jumped the fence and found no cliff.

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/library/studies/nc/ncmenu.htm' target='_new'>Commission on Marihuana and Drug Abuse

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2004, 07:56:00 PM »
This conspiracy stuff is *well* into tinfoil hat territory.  Reality Check.  The real people who lost their real families aboard the flights that smashed into the WTC towers are pretty darned sure it was their loved ones' plane and not a "black helicopter."

Just because there are bad things that happen, like the teen behavior mod places, that a lot of ordinary people don't notice, doesn't mean that *everything* published in the mainstream press is wrong or that every conspiracy that comes down the pike with your favority bogeymen cast in the leading roles is Absolute Truth---or anything but the deranged imaginings of some guy a few fries short of a happy meal.

Every ideology or cause out there has its wild conspiracy theories that build suppositions on rumours on assumptions on extrapolations into an entire persuasive edifice of nonsense.

Reality check.  Leave the tinfoil hat hanging on the peg in the closet.

Timoclea

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2004, 09:52:00 PM »
Ya talkin bout this one? :smile:
http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html

It's unfortunate that he threw the plane issue in. The rest of the article is not 'conspiracy theory' according to the research I've done.

He's entitled to his opinion on the subject and you're entitled to believe which ever story suits you. Perhaps he was convinced after viewing the
FOX footage and perhaps he's repeating something someone else said. I don't know. I'm not sure how they'd pull that off- just wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be the case. I'd definitely like to hear Marc Birnbach speak about it, and the reporters who first aired the story who stated they heard other explosions. Probably aren't going to hear that on FOX, or any other evening news.

Perhaps you might enjoy reading the list of questions some americans would like to have answered. The media and this administration is not forthcoming.
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/911q.html

Really all we KNOW is that some folks are missing who reportedly boarded a plane that morning.

In the meantime, and back to the subject of Bush screening everyone for 'Mental Illness'......

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2004, 04:04:00 AM »
To follow up on what Deborah said, a guy named Eric Hufschmid did some interesting analysis of 9-11.  I have only seen the documentary, I have not read his book.  I guess there's a French guy too that did a book, but there never was an English translation.

The official conclusion is the buildings of the WTC complex came down because of fire (i.e., the very thick steel support beams melted due to the fire/heat).  

There's some problems with that, most notably with "Building 7", which was one of the surrounding buildings that also collapsed.  Debris breaking off from one of the towers crashed through the windows of Building 7, causing a few fires to start.  These fires burned for a few hours.  They were nowhere near as severe as the fires of the Twin Towers.  

Well, the building collapses.  Going frame by frame, the very top first caves in, then the building comes down in a very neat and orderly fashion.  Supposedly, fire caused this building to come down.

Steel burns at 1800 degrees Fahrenheit.  At that temperature, there isn't really any black soot or ash, like you saw when the Towers or Building 7 was burning.  So the fires started in Building 7 could not have caused the steel to melt.  The only good explanation for Building 7 coming down was that explosives were used.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2004, 02:00:00 PM »
There's a whole lot about the official version of events that just doesn't add up.

But this is nothing new. The Oklahoma Federal building couldn't have been destroyed in the way it was by a truck bomb either. At the time it happened I was in touch w/ a friend who had learned explosives in the military then kept up to speed afterward in the mining industry. He said that very day that it was just not possible. Know what was stored in that building? All of the medical records for the Gulf War I vets (who are now plagued w/ various health issues, including birth defects in their post-war children)

But even this is nothing new. Remember the Lucitania? Look it up if you don't know the story.

Finally, my dad was stationed on the U.S.S. Enterprise just prior to Pearl Harbour. They and the Hornet had just put in for 6 weeks shore leave, but it was canceled after 2 days. Those two ships and most of the other ones put out to sea and did circles for a week and a half till the "surprise" attack.

The graduate with a Science degree asks, "Why does it work?"
The graduate with an Engineering degree asks, "How does it work?"
The graduate with an Accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost?"
The graduate with a Liberal Arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that?"
--Anonymous

10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2004, 02:25:00 PM »
For more on the Ok City Issue google General Partin, an explosives expert for the US military, who believes Tim McVeigh was a patsy.

Anon, thanks for the tip. I've been pecking around at:
http://www.erichufschmid.net/Conspiraci ... _Main.html

I really appreciated this guy's thinking, particularly what he had to say about 'conspiracy theories':
Why are American trains so crummy? Is it because of a conspiracy to destroy trains? Or is it because the American people just don?t care about trains?

We may never know exactly why our train system is pathetic because the people accused of conspiring to destroy it are certain to insist that there was no conspiracy, even if there was. Every conspiracy theory results in a confusing fight between the people making the accusations and the people insisting that they are innocent.

I think another reason people avoid conspiracy theories is because when they convince themselves that there is no such thing as conspiracies, they don?t have to worry about them. When a person refuses to believe in conspiracies, he can ignore the evidence on the grounds that it is paranoid nonsense. He doesn?t have to bother reading books or watching videos, nor does he have to think about or discuss how to make a better nation. Refusing to consider conspiracies is taking the easy and irresponsible path in life.

Everybody Believes In Conspiracy Theories
Even though most people ridicule conspiracy theories, almost everybody believes in at least one conspiracy. However, if the majority of people believe in a conspiracy, it is considered a ?fact? or a ?sensible government policy? rather than a conspiracy.

For example, millions of Americans believe South Americans and Mexicans are making us use drugs. I would refer to this as the ?Drug Dealer Conspiracy? because it claims a group of people are conspiring to make us use drugs.

There are so many Americans who believe in the Drug Dealer Conspiracy that our government spends millions of dollars each year trying to arrest the dealers. We also spend money on the spraying of herbicides on drug crops in South America. Many people refer to this as a War On Drugs.

Occasionally policemen, customs agents, and other people die in the process of protecting us from drugs. I would describe their deaths as foolish wastes of life, but most people consider their deaths to be noble sacrifices for the American people.

I would describe the Drug Dealer Conspiracy as a stupid theory because drug dealers cannot make us use drugs. By comparison, the theory that electric trains were destroyed by group of corporate executives is entirely possible because those executives were capable of interfering with the development of trains.

However, since most Americans believe in the Drug Dealer Conspiracy, it is not considered a conspiracy, nor is it considered stupid. Rather, it is considered a ?sensible government policy to protect Americans from drugs?.

I can?t help but wonder how ridiculous the situation has to be before the majority of Americans realize how stupid this war on drugs is. For example, what if some South Americans began offering Do-It-Yourself Lobotomy Kits. If millions of Americans were buying these kits, and then giving themselves lobotomies, would you demand we start a War On The Lobotomy Kits? Would you complain that the South American Lobotomy Pushers are destroying the American people?

If a policemen died in the process of trying to stop the Lobotomy Pushers, would you describe his death as a great sacrifice to the American people? Or would you say he was a fool who threw his life away?

"There is a crack, a crack in everything... that's how the light gets in." ~~Leonard Cohen

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2004, 09:43:00 PM »
Screening pre-school kids for anti-social behavior is about as useful as screening the Christian Coalition for sanctimonious behavior.
Sanho Tree.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/print ... E_ID=39078

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

President Bush plans to unveil next month a sweeping mental health
initiative that recommends screening for every citizen and promotes the use
of expensive antidepressants and antipsychotic drugs favored by supporters
of the administration.

The New Freedom Initiative
, according to
a progress report, seeks to
integrate mentally ill patients fully into the community by providing
"services in the community, rather than institutions," the British Medical
Journal reported.

Critics say the plan protects the profits of drug companies at the expense
of the public.

The initiative began with Bush's launch in April 2002 of the New Freedom
Commission on Mental Health, which conducted a "comprehensive study of the
United States mental health service delivery system."

The panel found that "despite their prevalence, mental disorders often go
undiagnosed" and recommended comprehensive mental health screening for
"consumers of all ages," including preschool children.

The commission said, "Each year, young children are expelled from preschools
and childcare facilities for severely disruptive behaviors and emotional
disorders."

Schools, the panel concluded, are in a "key position" to screen the 52
million students and 6 million adults who work at the schools.

The commission recommended that the screening be linked with "treatment and
supports," including "state-of-the-art treatments" using "specific
medications for specific conditions."

The Texas Medication Algorithm Project, or TMAP, was held up by the panel as
a "model" medication treatment plan that "illustrates an evidence-based
practice that results in better consumer outcomes."

The TMAP -- started in 1995 as an alliance of individuals from the
pharmaceutical industry, the University of Texas and the mental health and
corrections systems of Texas -- also was praised by the American Psychiatric
Association, which called for increased funding to implement the overall
plan.

But the Texas project sparked controversy when a Pennsylvania government
employee revealed state officials with influence over the plan had received
money and perks from drug companies who stand to gain from it.

Allen Jones, an employee of the Pennsylvania Office of the Inspector General
says in his whistleblower report the "political/pharmaceutical alliance"
that developed the Texas project, which promotes the use of newer, more
expensive antidepressants and antipsychotic drugs, was behind the
recommendations of the New Freedom Commission, which were "poised to
consolidate the TMAP effort into a comprehensive national policy to treat
mental illness with expensive, patented medications of questionable benefit
and deadly side effects, and to force private insurers to pick up more of
the tab."

Jones points out, according to the British Medical Journal, companies that
helped start the Texas project are major contributors to Bush's election
funds. Also, some members of the New Freedom Commission have served on
advisory boards for these same companies, while others have direct ties to
TMAP.

Eli Lilly, manufacturer of olanzapine, one of the drugs recommended in the
plan, has multiple ties to the Bush administration, BMJ says. The elder
President Bush was a member of Lilly's board of directors and President Bush
appointed Lilly's chief executive officer, Sidney Taurel, to the Homeland
Security Council.

Of Lilly's $1.6 million in political contributions in 2000, 82 percent went
to Bush and the Republican Party.

Another critic, Robert Whitaker, journalist and author of "Mad in America,"
told the British Medical Journal that while increased screening "may seem
defensible," it could also be seen as "fishing for customers."

Exorbitant spending on new drugs "robs from other forms of care such as job
training and shelter program," he said.

However, a developer of the Texas project, Dr. Graham Emslie, defends
screening.

"There are good data showing that if you identify kids at an earlier age who
are aggressive, you can intervene ... and change their trajectory."

Erin Hildebrandt, Executive Director
Parents Ending Prohibition
http://parentsendingprohibition.org
(503)327-4184

Parents Ending Prohibition
... because there are better ways to protect kids!
[/quote]

for nothing can keep it right but their own vigilant and distrustful superintendence.

--Thomas Jefferson