Author Topic: Bush plans to screen whole US population for mental illness  (Read 15292 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Bush plans to screen whole US population for mental illness
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2004, 12:27:00 PM »
Please take a minute to say NO and forward to others.

Texans for Safe Education in Conjunction with Ablechild have Launched a Petition Drive in Response to the President's "New Freedom Commission" and Its Recommendations to "Screen" all U.S. Citizens for "Mental Illness."

Recently President Bush's New Freedom Commission on Mental Health (NFC) has initiated what we call a government sponsored "intrusion" program that would mandate all U.S. Citizens (to include every man, woman and child) to be "screened" for "mental illness."  

To Read More on this Initiative and the Direct Threat on Our Privacy and Health Click Here http://www.ablechild.org/declaration%20 ... fusal.aspx

We Strongly Urge You to Say NO to Mandatory Mental Health Screenings and Sign this Petition!  

Thank You for taking a stand for freedom!

Texans for Safe Education

Ablechild.ORG
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Tony Stark

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2004, 10:01:00 PM »
This is a land of Law and the crime has far gone from wrecking your own lives but also your neighborhoods and brothers and sisters. You're fucking nuts :smokin:

The college idealists who fill the ranks of the environmental movement seem willing to do absolutely anything to save the biosphere, except take science courses and learn something about it.

--P.J. O'Rourke

Mine Eyes Have Seen The Glory Of the Coming Of The Lord\"

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2004, 08:50:00 PM »
How they Voted on Ron Paul's amendment to block funding for mental health screenings (HR 5009 Amendment 3 Roll Call vote).

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2004/roll438.xml

The line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060007761/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Alexander Solzhenitsyn

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Tony Stark

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2004, 11:58:00 PM »
Well you know Bush is on allkinds of psypatropics and speed because basically I believe He's under control like a puppet. Bad deal with alcoholism and cocaine and only God knows what else he's taken. But I believe the children will get sick of hs suicidal dope and kill them all someday. I'm on opiates cause of the Republican's but still why even get involved with the mob for dope. The pusher ain't gonna give you sanctuary. Only the doctor might put you in a rubber room and let you bounce off the walls until you're under control of the so called "Jews" and aliens who just don't really care either.  :smokin:

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals;  I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.  
-- A. Whitney Brown

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2004, 10:22:00 AM »
1.   TONIGHT, September 23, 2004 @ 5pm Pacific Standard Time:  EXPOSING THE FRAUD OF ADD / ADHD -Part 6:

Topic:    ADD / ADHD vs. Dyslexia     http://www.worldtalkradio.com/archive.asp?aid=2261
Tonight's AAL Show is sponsored in part by Isac Corporation and BNI - Business Network International.  Details below.

Joining Annie Armen on AAL tonight:

Expert Guest: Fred Baughman, Jr., M.D., Author of The ADHD Fraud - How Psychiatry Makes "Patients" Out of Normal Children- is a retired adult and child neurologist with a private practice for 35 years.  Dr. Baughman has testified for victimized parents and children in ADHD/Ritalin legal cases, and writes powerful, resourceful articles in exposing the fraud of ADD / ADHD.

Expert Guest: John Breeding, Ph.D. - Austin Psychologist, author of The Wildest Colts Make the Best Horses,founding director of Texans for Safe Education, a citizens group which seeks to safeguard children from drugs and violence in Texan Schools.

Expert Guest: Ron Davis -  International consultant, lecturer, speaker, engineer, and Author of Gift of Dyslexia, in which he presents his theory, based on empirical evidence that dyslexic children and adults develop learning difficulties due to an inherent gift - a gift for invention, innovation, and creativity based on the ability to perceive and think in pictures vs. words.

Tonight's AAL Show is Sponsored in Part by:

1. ISAC Corporation:  Check out ISAC's New Company Distinguished Guest Page on Annie Armen Live by visiting http://www.worldtalkradio.com/guests.asp?sid=97,
and please show your support by visiting http://www.isaccorp.org.

2. BNI - Business Network International:  With over 3,400 chapters worldwide, BNI is the world's largest professional business networking organization.  
Dr. Ivan Misner, Founder and CEO of BNI, New York Times Best Seller Author, is a long time friend, supporter, and expert guest of/on Annie Armen Live T.V. and Radio.  
Please show your support by visiting http://www.bni.com, and stay tuned for the premiere of BNI advertisement on Dr. Misner's MASTERS of SUCCESS Book tonight on AAL Radio.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2004, 03:43:00 PM »
Want to know more about TMAP, which will be used in the nation wide mental health screening? Who decides which drugs will be prescribed. Go here:

http://keyetv.com/local/local_story_352223055.html

It's the top one called
KEYE Investigates: 9/30/04 Drugs and your Tax Dollars
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 08:20:29 AM by Guest »
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Tony Stark

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2004, 09:03:00 PM »
I do know what happens to people who don't stop abusing substances. Against all NAMI would have to say about mental illness, they would also rather avoid being an open book for mental hospitals. Go to universal studios and see what happens. I was raised in a mental hospital and I had a guardian rescue me from being committed forever. I still have one that pulls me out of them and saves me from non-VA institutions. As far as mentalillnes, it is a big problem that must be addressed to America.There are stigmas attached to certain Labels that would cause you harm to believe them. Psychiatry is just pushing buttons and pulling strings under the guise to ease suffering.There s no sterotypical mental illness. It's just symtoms "doctors"go by to treat you with medications that will bring you out f psychosis, and there is rtherapy available o help get you back on track. Soon the doctors will be overiding the lawyers. I've got a VA lawyer and he got me an even better guardian than the one I had before. This is Bush's effort to ease your suffering. Shoot........I'm on opiates which are refered to as psypatropics and they keep me from being dysfunctional. Deprsssion and anxiety are treatable with the right "doctor". The cognitive disorder refered to as schizophrenis might not ever go away in your lifetime. You just learn not to talk about it. There is nthing wromg with you if you are tired of the pusher's unsanitary dope or the big socially acceptable killer"alcohol". There are many drugs available on the market for the disabled. You just have to go with their program. The government takes care of the rest. You'll even be able to file for temporary disability or permantent, whatever your condition and what the doctor's report is that goes to social security. If you want to stay online and take psych meds........online shrinks are on the way. You don't have to go in the hospital. There are plenty of websites and support groups throughout the internet community where you'll have real anonimty. MSN has all kinds of groups and even the tools to start your wn with plenty of cover. Security is at it's best with microsoft. They even goive you tools to stay safe online and download siftware that Stealths you and also gives you the opurtunity to turn in hackers that may be after you. Just try MSN one plan. If you wnt to stay online and get well at home. There are lots of dsupport groups out there. ........even for vampires.   :smokin:

When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence.
-- Gary Lloyd

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2004, 09:48:00 PM »
FORWARD:

The Mental Health Policy that was approved in Illinois.  :scared:

http://www.cps.k12.il.us/AboutCPS/Board ... 22-PO3.pdf

The Illinois Children's Mental Health Act of 2003 (the "Act") requires that the Board establish a policy for incorporating social, emotional, and mental health development into the District's educational program. The Act also requires that the Board establish protocols for responding to children with social, emotional, or mental health problems that impact learning.....

Offline Tony Stark

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2004, 10:21:00 PM »
True, even though I couldn't click on your link. The kids aren't going to be on the psych drugs anymore. My report rom NAMI told me they are going to be using education and all kinds of therapy. Look at Dr. "Philips Magnavox". He's being sued for his quackery. :smokin:

Legalizing drugs would simultaneously reduce the amount of crime and raise the quality of law enforcement. Can you conceive of any other measure that would accomplish so much to promote law and order?  
--Economist Milton Friedman

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2004, 12:36:00 PM »
It is not the government or the schools responsibility to screen kids (or anyone else for that matter) for 'mental illness'. Schools are to provide academic education, not therapy. Are schools screening for heart disease, diabetes, or any 'legitimate' medical problem. That would be far more acceptable than screening for fraudulent 'mental illnesses'.

And yes, many (I'll wager, most) will be refered for drugs, as has and continues to happen- even in states where laws have been passed to prohibit school staff from dx and refering parents, and/or demanding that the kid be drugged.

You want the stigma removed from labels. I want the labels removed. They are all subjective and the drugs prescribed are not a 'cure'. What? Psychopharm hasn't created a drug that will alleviate the discomfort caused by being stigmatized or sterotyped with one of THEIR labels? Best case scenerio, they may ease symptoms, but at what cost? Financially and physically.

There are alternatives for 'schizophrenia' as well. If you're interested take a look:

Schizophrenia: A Scientific Delusion?
http://mentalhelp.net/books/books.php?
type=de&id=2296

http://www.findarticles.com/p/search?tb ... +treatment

Re The physical complications from the drugs:
Anti-psychotic drugs can cause brain changes. They reduce the various areas of shrinkage in the cerebrum, the seat of higher-level functions in the brain. They also cause swelling in the basal ganglia regions of the brain, which control more basic functions. These drugs have been implicated in causing a condition called tardive psychosis. Some researchers said that they may make people more susceptible to psychotic symptoms with long-term use. Psychiatrists also listed various "negative symptoms" for "schizophrenia":such as alogia(absence or lack of speech),avolition(lack of will power), and flattened affect(lack of emotional responsiveness). These negative "symptoms" are the result of neuroleptic drugs, according to a book by Bruce Levine, Commonsense Rebellion. Bruce Levine is a dissident psychologist who is affiliated with the International Center for the Study of Psychology and Psychiatry(www.icspp.org). There are also withdrawl syndromes associated with neuroleptics(also called anti-psychotics).

And on Depression:
http://www.clinical-depression.co.uk/De ... causes.htm

My link works. I couldn't find anything on Dr. Philips Magnavox. Got any links?

Ironically, this just came to my mailbox. It is clearly what parents will be faced with if they refuse to cooperate.
You can listen to Patricia Weathers from ablechild.org briefly talk about her success in saving her son Michael from Child Protection Services in Part 3 of Exposing the Fraud of ADD / ADHD.    http://www.worldtalkradio.com/archive.asp?aid=1709  
Patricia states:  "...That day when a case worker came to my door, my son would have been removed from my care had I not had a second private evaluation stating that he did not need "medication".  Michael has been off ALL drugs since December 16, 1999. He has his sense of life back into him and continues to grow
physically and emotionally every day.  Out of my family's experience and others like me, I realize that school districts cross medical lines each and every day.
This type of "medical" education bears little resemblance to the "academic education" of earlier years, falling miserably short. My first-hand experience of the public education system has and will lead me to homeschool my children."

[ This Message was edited by: Deborah on 2004-10-03 10:20 ]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2004, 01:00:00 PM »
On 2004-10-03 09:36:00, Deborah wrote:

"
Schools are to provide academic education, not therapy. Are schools screening for heart disease, diabetes, or any 'legitimate' medical problem. That would be far more acceptable than screening for fraudulent 'mental illnesses'.

Actually, some school systems do a medical screening on all kids entering kindergarten or first grade. That started at least 14 years ago in Broward County, FL.

But I have a curve ball for you on your first statement. I don't think you can define a clear distinction between education and therapy. Or between education and religion or education and child rearing. And I don't think it ever was a good idea to relegate the education of our children to the government.

It's just not possible to reach a concensus on what is good education even among the families who send their kids to a particular school. Never mind trying to reconcile the interests of those families w/ those of the government providing the education.

the war on drugs is but one manifestation, albeit a very dramatic one, of the great moral contests of our age -- the struggle between two diametrically opposed images of man: between man as responsible moral agent, 'condemned' to freedom, benefiting and suffering from the consequences of his actions; and man as irresponsible child, unfit for freedom, 'protected' from its risks by agents of the omnicompetent state.
--Thomas Szasz

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2004, 01:56:00 PM »
I agree, and I can imagine something along the lines of the 'emotional growth cirruculm' used by BM facilities being pushed into the school system.
Kids loosing gym time or some other 'unimportant' class in order to attend Raps, Reals, Propheets, TASKS seminars, etc. etc.
It's just a matter of time:

http://www.iecafoundation.org/news/news.htm#workshop
Non-Compliant Adolescents Workshop
Over sixty public school counselors attended the five-hour workshop with IECA* member consultants and school admission professionals presented by nationally acclaimed author and psychologist, Dr. Ross Greene. The cost of the workshop, underwritten by the Foundation, was waived for public school counselors. Additionally, the public school counselors were given breakfast, lunch, parking and Dr. Greene's book, The Explosive Child. Many of the counselors had doubts about whether the workshop would give them any strategies to take back to their schools, however, the feedback was overwhelmingly positive with 98% of the evaluations giving the workshop a very good rating.
IECA- Independent Educational Consultants Assoc.

Student and Family Call-In Session
The call-in session, publicized on television, in local high schools and at a college fair in St. Louis for weeks leading up May 1, was held at St. Louis' NBC affiliate, KSDK. For seven hours, 28 IECA members and Foundation Boardmembers utilized the television station's phone back to answer questions from over 300 students and parents. Questions ranged from how to get financial aid for college to options for teens at risk. Questions were also accepted via e-mail and were posted and captured on the IECA web site.

St. Louis Community Counseling Day had several positive outcomes:

?Public school counselors have a caseload of approximately 500 students per counselor. The professional development the St. Louis area counselors received impacted both the counselor and the hundreds of students these counselors assist each year.

? Counseling professionals from diverse backgrounds and working environments shared and exchanged valuable information about today's students.

? Students with limited accessibility to their counselor received one-on-one personal advice.

? A relationship between independent counselors and the St. Louis Public School System was formed, allowing for future exchanges.

The IECA Foundation hopes to replicate this program in Scottsdale, Arizona prior to the IECA Fall Conference in November 2003.

And we certainly have seen Resource Realizations taregeting schools. These BM facilities could well be proving grounds for these austere, experimental techniques that will eventually find their way into public schools.

Homeschooling and private school are still a luxury that most families can't afford. As long as we have public education, they should stick to the business of education, which they are doing a miserable job with, and stay out of the business of diagnosing and providing 'therapy'.

If they would focus as much attention on changing their teaching methods and expectations, they might find they have litte to no problems with students.

Ex: My daughter told me yesterday that she'd been called in for a conference. My 10 yr old grandson was 'at risk' of failing the infamous diagnostic test given every two years in this district- I think she called it TASP. Doesn't matter that he making As and Bs. The diagnostic testing expects kids to know 50% of the material they will be exposed to in the current school year- PRIOR to being exposed to it. Insanity at its best!! She finally took my advice and told the teacher she didn't give a flying f about their diagnostic test. That she wasn't going to put herself or her son through the anxiety and distress they'd been through 2 years ago, when she paid a private consultant/tutor $500 to assess my grandson, only to fine out that he was right on course.
At risk of WHAT? Not knowing shit he hasn't been exposed to yet. Peak Intellegence. :roll: [ This Message was edited by: Deborah on 2004-10-03 11:30 ]

Offline Tony Stark

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2004, 05:41:00 PM »
I've got a wet brain bitch (OBS) so piss off I need my doctor. :smokin:

Necessity never made a good bargain
--Benjamin Franklin Apr. 1734

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2004, 04:44:00 PM »
Please Click Here to Sign this Petition:    
http://www.ablechild.org/declaration%20 ... fusal.aspx

Texans for Safe Education in Conjunction with Ablechild have Launched a Petition Drive in Response to the President?s ?New Freedom Commission? and Its Recommendations to ?Screen? all U.S. Citizens for ?Mental Illness.? Recently
President Bush?s New Freedom Commission on Mental Health (NFC) has initiated what we call a government sponsored ?intrusion? program that would mandate all U.S. Citizens (to include every man, woman and child) to be ?screened? for ?
mental illness.?   To Read More on this Initiative and the Direct Threat on Our Privacy and Health, please visit http://www.ablechild.org or http://www.wildestcolts.com.  
We Strongly Urge You to Say NO to Mandatory Mental Health Screenings and Sign this Petition posted on either site referenced above.  Thank You for taking a stand for freedom!  
-->  Texans for Safe Education, Ablechild.ORG

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2004, 04:56:00 PM »
they should screen all the republicans and democratic representitives who did not speak out against the War in Iraq    there have been many suicides and PTSD cases of soldiers  just like vietnam.   the war is a waste of money.  Why is it that those who are in favor of it  have never volunteered to serve in combat and sent others ?   isn't it mentally ill how the conservatives try to argue both sides of every argument  so desperate to preserve their phony social order when it is nepotism and cronyism  that got them there management jobs not their self proclaimed superiority.  Bush Cheney and Rumsfeld  REFUSED to go to war when the honest Nixon asked them to.  Yet they insist that we fund their war so their Wall street friends can have profits and there wives not have to work. As long as profit margins are great i guess the ends justify the means