Author Topic: Torture of Iraqi citizens/soldiers  (Read 5424 times)

Offline Triumvirate

• View Profile
Torture of Iraqi citizens/soldiers
« on: April 30, 2004, 04:32:00 PM »
Man I just saw this on CNN. I dont have a link for you, but its big news right now.
 Pretty disgusting they had some lady hooked up to electro shock..and had others made to pose in wierd homosexual activity..well youd have to see it.

Really pissed me off. For one thing Im against the war, American Government, and the troops.
We are no better than Nazis...

And no they arent fighting for my freedom, Id move to Canada and live on BC bud in a heartbeat.
In fact I may do that someday. America fucking sucks and is retarted. Im embvarassed to live in this country.

So some football player gets shot and its a great tragedy and hes a martyr. Meanwhile we are treating PoWs and citizens like cattle or worse.

No wonder everyone hates us.

Ok now you can flame me for having an opinion that "aint fer the troops"
I wanted to say "Eat shit and die" in advance to incoming flamers.

Dont hate me because Im right.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Entire, complete serenity
Injected intravenously
Transgression euphoric bliss divine
Initiate a timeless stain of mind
Blood will steralize, In fire baptised

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 07:10:00 PM »
I'm more amazed that the nation is going to have a huge debate and media frenzy over that, and not about how its own children are being treated.

Maybe if someone got some pinhole cameras and posed as staff the media would take up this cause? Who knows.

I think its just a matter of people want something to bitch about politically, not actually help someone else.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 07:23:00 PM »
Yeah, well I wasn't too thrilled to see American civilians car-bombed by the Iragi's who then hung their burned torsos off some bridge.

War is HELL and it looks like this fight to keep the peace is no better.

Offline Don Smith

• View Profile
    • http://straightincalumni.com
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 09:16:00 PM »
Well, I am equally upset about what a few troops are doing to the POW's.  

I'm not excusing them mind you, but perhaps we need to put ourselves in their place.  Perhaps they've experienced things that we can't imagine.  Maybe their friends were blown away by the bombs that are being set off over their daily, maybe they're just reacting to the stress of war.  I wouldn't want to be in their shoes but I'm glad the vast MAJORITY of our troops are doing a job well done over there.  A handfull of punks over there give everyone who's serving our country a bad name.  Those who commit crimes of this magnatude should be charged with war crimes and sent to prison.  

Just my .02

Don
t\'s not for me to question How God will provide for my needs. I only have to Know that He will.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 10:18:00 PM »
On the one hand, I'm w/ you Don and Nihilanthic.

The minute we started talking about war, the gray old men who promoted it knew (or certainly should have!) that a certain number of our soldiers will snap under those conditions. Happens every time.

And now the Whitehouse is all upset because some news agencies are showing pictures of drapped coffins? Asif refusing to look at even that sterile, retual enshrined image somehow makes these people not dead?

This is all part of the cost. This is part of the answer to that tried and true two part question that will help you understand anything. This is part of who's fuckin' who.

Part two: Where'd the money go? I have two guesses. One, I guess we'll never know for sure because the victors (i.e. recipients) get to write the history and I don't think they're real proud of those details. Two, the Binladens and affiliates of Halliburton, Carlyle and Occidental will see far more of it than the entire lower and middle classes in this country combined.

You can lead a camel to water but you can't make it stink (any more than it already does)
-- Job

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2004, 12:20:00 AM »
It was discusting to see the pictures of our soldiers taking nude photos of Iraqi prisoners. This was a violation of International law. I think it's time we go home and realize that we can't change the world and civilizations. Iraq does not want our form of government - they may not be ready for it.  It's time someone realize this. These photos showed man's inhumanity to man.

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.  
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/188301123X/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>George Washington

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline Triumvirate

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2004, 02:05:00 AM »
I have watched people turn purple and die shooting dope but Im not fucking torturing people...wtf?

The whole thing is disgusting and its hard for me to back them in my mind..
I just cant say "yeah man they bombed us fuck em"
its not as simple as that and Iraq wasnt even involved in 9- 11 ...its about Oil and the fact that George Bush Sr had problems with Sadaam..
George W " You tried to kill my daddy"

Its personal vindetta

$$$$$ and Revenge make the world go round?

Be calm my love Why don't you kneel for me?
I write for sight One day you'll find me
in the corner,more sublime,
But I still never died[ This Message was edited by: Triumvirate on 2004-04-30 23:09 ]
Injected intravenously

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2004, 01:00:00 PM »
these type incidents will happen; too much downtime. In this war, the enemy is dead first; if intel assets can be obtained, then any means will be employed. Then pass the bone bag to the zookeepers. "International Law" in for interns.

The homo sequence is a degrading step into moral taboos. Not my style, but can be effective. I'd probably start them out with a mouthful of chitlins. Then maybe bring in a family member.

To the person who tabbed these soldiers as punks:
I'd like you to visit a local VA hospital, then stick around for a few beers at the VFW hall. Jason
[ This Message was edited by: misbehaver on 2004-05-01 10:04 ]

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2004, 01:07:00 PM »
Just regarding the flag draped coffins, I was upset over the fact that GB claimed the reason he was upset was becasue it was disrespectful. I do not feel that is the case.

I am pretty sure it was the fact that the sheer numbers of flag draped coffins really made people aware of the cost of this war on a larger scale then just merely hearing numbers rattled off in the media.

On the torturing it is inexcusable. There is nothing that justifies that ever and the theory that it is "just a few" troops doesn't fly with me either.

I don't believe that the majority are doing it but I have trouble thinking it was an isolated incident either.

This war is an atrocity our behavior is outrageous and the reality of it is we are really in a bad situation and I don't know what can be done to rectify it. It is just sad.

Don't worry about temptation--as you grow older, it starts avoiding you.  
-- Old Farmer's Almanac

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2004, 03:06:00 PM »
Misbehaver, you sound like someone who's either been military or spent a decent amount of time listening to old soldiers.

That's one of the differences between you (who would probably serve if called) and the chickenhawks who dragged us into this state of war for their own profits.

War is sometimes necessary. Hell, on an individual level, I'll do bodily harm to someone--even use potentially deadly force--if I have to for self defense or the defense of my kids (and some select few others) By the same token, these kinds of behaviors that are inexcusable in civil society are necessary and inevitable under circumstances of war.

There's more. Much more. And no one who isn't completely convinced that this foreign adventure is worth every bit of that should support this war. If you do, I think no better of you than those idiots who stand aghast at the thought of a hunter taking a deer but who will cheerfully pay the butcher to do the hit and deliver the goods to their grocer's meat case.

Wicked men obey from fear, good men from love.
--Aristotle

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2004, 04:36:00 PM »
On 2004-04-30 13:32:00, Triumvirate wrote:

"Man I just saw this on CNN. I dont have a link for you, but its big news right now.

Pretty disgusting they had some lady hooked up to electro shock..and had others made to pose in wierd homosexual activity..well youd have to see it.

Really pissed me off. For one thing Im against the war, American Government, and the troops.

We are no better than Nazis...

And no they arent fighting for my freedom, Id move to Canada and live on BC bud in a heartbeat.

In fact I may do that someday. America fucking sucks and is retarted. Im embvarassed to live in this country.

So some football player gets shot and its a great tragedy and hes a martyr. Meanwhile we are treating PoWs and citizens like cattle or worse.

No wonder everyone hates us.

Ok now you can flame me for having an opinion that "aint fer the troops"

I wanted to say "Eat shit and die" in advance to incoming flamers.

Dont hate me because Im right.
"
So leave then. If you feel you will have more freedom in a "non retarded" country, go.

Offline Triumvirate

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2004, 06:12:00 PM »
I would if I could..But unfortunately I cant afford it.

But thats a goal of mine. Canada is beautiful, pot is decriminalized, they arent hell bent on spying on their citizens..

You cant come up with a better argument for war than *Retarted hick voice* "If youuu doont like it then geeet the fuuuuck out"
Thats trite and boring...

And that Tillman guy was a neandratol jock with a Rambo complex..

And guess what? Another neandratol was a better aim with a bigger gun..You lose, Tillman.
And you deserve that bullet you ate..
He wasnt protecting me...iraq had nothing to do with 9-11 he joined a war for OIL not MY FREEDOM

He died for Exxon and George W...Dumbass..

Football player types never were that smart though, were they?

Be calm my love Why don't you kneel for me?
I write for sight One day you'll find me
in the corner,more sublime,
But I still never died[ This Message was edited by: Triumvirate on 2004-05-01 15:17 ]
Injected intravenously

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2004, 06:25:00 PM »
On 2004-05-01 15:12:00, Triumvirate wrote:

"I would if I could..But unfortunately I cant afford it.

Yeah I bet you'll be on the same plane as the Baldwin brothers.  You know, the ones who said if Bush was elected they'd move to Canada.  We'll they're still here, the hypocrites!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2004, 11:18:00 PM »
What kind of sick fucks are you?

You have in essence just posted that sexual abuse of another human being is o.k. Maybe I misunderstood the post. And what does sexual abuse or torture have to do with homosexuals? This is Abuse, Torture, Cruelty. Nothing less.

I am disgusted by what I have seen and just think, this is only a few snipets of what actually may have taken place.  It is horrific to think that anyone regardless of stress or strain or situation would treat another human being this way.

Your ignorance must be bliss. Do you think this is an isolated incident.

What it does clearly illustrate is the mentality of soldiers, citizens who choose to join the military. Not too bright to take pictures. Not bright at all.

I don't know of one war that there hasn't been rape and I would be surprised if this one was an exception.

The fact is we shouldn't even be there to begin with and I just wish you would think about things and put them into perspective or at least explain to me how billions of dollars and thousands of lives lost how the hell this has anything to do with September 11th or any direct immediate threat.

If we had spent that money on securing our borders, enhancing our intelligence, and going after the REAL threat... Do you feel safe?

We have done the opposite. We have alienated our country even further in a global community at a time when we should have them rallying to support us.  Sure you can think of what's wrong with them, but clearly all these countries can't be wrong in thinking this invasion and occupation under a mask of liberation is DEAD WRONG.

Liberation. Mission Accomplished. Is anyone believing this sewage?

We wonder why foreign countries or individuals are angry at us, hate us...
Until we start taking some responsibility for houses bulldozed in Palestine, how we support repression, and deny equality of Arabs in Palestine people will continue to hate us. It's not rocket science.  

What ignorance to think that our country is in a place that is safe and secure and that another  9/11 won't happen.  

I believe it was Hitler that said "What luck for rulers that men do not think." and some of you here are just those people.

Why is Halliburton supplying everything for the soldiers getting the contracts? No wonder we didn't (WANT) care about having a coalition.

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2004, 10:22:00 AM »
http://www.albasrah.net/images/iraqi-pow/iraqi-pow

I CANNOT believe what I am seeing in this link. I pretty much was busy working yesterday so never really got into this story till now. Warning: the pictures are disturbing to say the least....

Ken