Author Topic: Sue/Bozak/Karen/Controversial over school in Mexico  (Read 577 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sue/Bozak/Karen/Controversial over school in Mexico
« on: February 03, 2004, 10:46:00 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 http://www.abundantlifeacademy.com/testimony.php

Check it out...the same Bozak that took Carey for a ride along side Sue is recommending ALA. Uh oh Uh oh Uh oh....Sue - Karen - Bozak....and another school with a lot of controversy surrounding it.

Hmmmmm..........

Home About Us Contact Us Enrollment

Student Profile | Admissions Criteria | Program Description | Our Philosophy | Application

Parent Testimonials

It is a tradition of Abundant Life Academy to share the testimonies of former and current academy students. If you would like to receive a list of names and contact information of former and current Abundant Life families, please click here. Please be patient, and in a few days you will receive an email with the phone numbers and email addresses of several of our families.

Visit report by Steve Bozak, Educational Consultant - June 2003 Tel: 518-373-8069

There is something to be said in taking the troubled teens far away from their home and friends. Here is a beautiful, well kept home in Mexico in a family atmosphere where these boys, aged 14 to 18, are kept from making bad choices as they all work on academics and maturing into well behaved young gentlemen. The strong Christian Evangelical atmosphere is just what some parents find necessary to get these boys back in the straight and narrow way.

The nearest airport is in Guadalajara and is just less then a two hour plane flight from Houston Texas. Craig Rogers and two boys met me at this small airport. The school was about a 30 minute drive away.

The two students were my guides. One from Hawaii and the other from Idaho. They happily showed me around the school and town. They introduce me to all 17 boys who were currently attending Abundant Life Academy. Even the new boy whom I met who had just arrived the day before and thought he wasn?t going to enjoy being here, seemed to be adjusting very quickly soon after he was rested and fed with the good food here. The other students paled up with him showing him the positive culture of the home and quickly he felt at home with his new friends and family.

I sat in on two therapeutic type meetings which seem to occur twice a day. All the boys and many of the staff participated in a discussion of issues and plans on how to improve themselves. The students all participated eagerly and politely. The strong Christian influence was quite obvious during these meeting and everyday life at the school.

The kids here were all having fun. The house had an indoor swimming pool, pleasant chatter among the kids and there was a nearby water park that the kids visited during my stay. There were many wireless high speed online computers for the students to used under good supervisor. The many staff often carried wireless telephones and the kids seemed to call home freely apparently when ever they wanted but the phone was always under control of the staff.

Many of the boys volunteered to scout the nearby streets and pick up trash Saturday morning. My two student guides showed me where they would get a hair cut down the street at the barber shop for $3.00 US.

The conservative town this school is located in was obviously strongly catholic with a large American population. Nearby was a very large lake and the neighborhood was very artsy with many galleries owned and operated by snow bird Americans. But the town was not a tourist town. The ex-patriots I spoke to were all retired professionals from the states.

The boys at Abundant Life Academy were all working on finishing high school. They were planning to go on to college from this high school. As I observed the boys in their daily lives, I could see that all the temptation from home were now too far away to be a distraction. The kids were positive as they supported one another to do the right things. This is obviously a positive peer culture acting therapeutically to mature these kids into productive citizens.

Steve Bozak CEP
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sue/Bozak/Karen/Controversial over school in Mexico
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 06:04:00 PM »
:eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »