Author Topic: of course they are lying, they are TEENS. wasp Rebuttal is  (Read 911 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
of course they are lying, they are TEENS. wasp Rebuttal is
« on: February 04, 2004, 07:05:00 PM »
This is the moral of the story:
"The idea that moral viewpoints acquire their importance from the groups that utter them rather than from their content is to some philosophers, a misguided attitude. In the old days of western culture, the dominant viewpoint was the one held by some, but not all, WHITE MALES, and for most white males as well as for OTHERS that was enuf to make the viewpoint "correct". churches and political groups occasionally take the same attitude: The identity of the group is enuf justification for the correctness of its view. Today, we also see this same viewpoint applied socially by certain groups: if you are a member of an oppressed group, your viewpoint on right and wrong is valuable just b/c you are a member of that group, and if you are not, then your viewpoint is irrelevant. THIS FORM OF RELATIVISM WHICH GRANTS THE IMPORTANCE OF A VIEWPOINT ON THE BASIS OF GENDER, RACE, AND CLASS, MAY BE AS MISPLACED AS ONE THAT DENIES THE IMPORTANCE OF CERTAIN GROUPS , JUST B/C THEY ARE WHO THEY ARE. Such an attitude, the arguement goes, reflects the logical fallacy of the ad hominem arguement: YOU ARE RIGHT OR WRONG B/C OF WHO YOU ARE, NOT B/C OF WHAT YOU SAY OR WHAT IS REALLY THE TRUTH. In Jim Garrison's words from the Oliver Stone movie JFK, "I always wondered in court why it is b/c a woman is a prostitute, she has to have bad eyesight". MEANING, B/C SOMEONE THINKS SHE IS A PROSTITUTE, WE CANNOT TRUST HER TESTIMONY. CAN YOU THINK OF ANY OTHER SITUATIONS IN WHICH A PERSON'S IDENTITY ALONE WOULD DETERMINE WHETHER HE OR SHE WAS RIGHT OR WRONG. teens, perhaps???????
gina.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 09:44:00 PM »
"The Moral of the Story"
an intro to ethics   mcgrawhill

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 10:25:00 PM »
Geeez...NO not all teens lie to get what they want, but I would say, from experience, that most if not all of them in a program do if they think it would get them out and back to their previous lifestyle.  

I know a very stupid woman who married a very wealthy friend of mine and said he beat the crap out of her.  It was proven that she wanted a divorce so she could have at least half of what he had.  

In a situation where a kid is in a program and doesn't have to "agree' to be there, I know it's normal to say they were starving or abused or being brainwashed.  Most times it doesn't work anymore.  That's why they're there.  The parents got fed up with the crap and know they can get to being a lot healthier when the whole family learns about honesty and communication.  

Wwasp or any program that deals with the whole family is so much better than jail or a quick fix rehab.

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 10:38:00 PM »
On 2004-02-04 19:25:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Geeez...NO not all teens lie to get what they want, but I would say, from experience, that most if not all of them in a program do if they think it would get them out and back to their previous lifestyle.  

I know a very stupid woman who married a very wealthy friend of mine and said he beat the crap out of her.  It was proven that she wanted a divorce so she could have at least half of what he had.  

In a situation where a kid is in a program and doesn't have to "agree' to be there, I know it's normal to say they were starving or abused or being brainwashed.  Most times it doesn't work anymore.  That's why they're there.  The parents got fed up with the crap and know they can get to being a lot healthier when the whole family learns about honesty and communication.  

Wwasp or any program that deals with the whole family is so much better than jail or a quick fix rehab. "

No, it's not normal to accuse people of abuse.  Abuse happens....a lot more than you think.  So what you're saying is that anyone is a treatment center against their will should automatically not be believed becaues they're all just a bunch of druggie liars??????????????????  Believe me, I've gotten fed up with both my kids crap MANY MANY MANY times.  I've said before here that both of them went through their troubles with drugs but THERE ARE ALTERNATIVES TO FORCED TREATMENT...I didn't ship my kids off to have someone else fix them....but it has to start from early childhood.  It's called nurturing a healthy, open and honest relationship with your kids.  About 80% of kids have experimented with drugs and I'm sure each one of them drove their parents fucking nuts....but you don't see 80% of kids in the fucking warehouses....Gee, I wonder how those that don't go to those places ever make it in life?!?!?!  For that matter....Shit....how did MY kids survive without the beloved program.   :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
--Albert Einstein

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2004, 11:00:00 PM »
Wwasp or any program that deals with the whole family is so much better than jail or a quick fix rehab.

Yeah, throw 'em down on that concrete floor for 12 hours. Take away any and ALL civil and HUMAN rights. Make em run laps NO MATTER WHAT their physical condition may be. Hmmm...let's see..

Anyone else want to tell anon here why WWASP might not be such a great idea?

If it were me going in, I'd pick jail in a heartbeat over that place.

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2004, 11:22:00 PM »
On 2004-02-04 20:00:00, Froderik13 wrote:

"

Yeah, throw 'em down on that concrete floor for 12 hours. Take away any and ALL civil and HUMAN rights. Make em run laps NO MATTER WHAT their physical condition may be. Hmmm...let's see..

Anyone else want to tell anon here why WWASP might not be such a great idea?

If it were me going in, I'd pick jail in a heartbeat over that place."

My ex just went back to prison on a parole violation.  Before he left I asked him if he had the choice of going back to prison or back to the program, he said (without missing A BEAT) prison by far.  and he's facing 13 years...he'd rather do 13 YEARS in prison than go through TWO years of what he went through before.  I think that says fairly clearly that there is something SERIOUSLY WRONG when someone would make a decision like that.

It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2004, 11:24:00 PM »
On 2004-02-04 19:25:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Geeez...NO not all teens lie to get what they want, but I would say, from experience, that most if not all of them in a program do if they think it would get them out and back to their previous lifestyle.  

Wwasp or any program that deals with the whole family is so much better than jail or a quick fix rehab. "

:roll:

That's right, just keep on drinking the Kool-Aid, cultie.

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.