Author Topic: Cascade Closing-DECREASED ENROLLMENT  (Read 34616 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade Closing-DECREASED ENROLLMENT
« on: January 13, 2004, 04:25:00 PM »
http://www.strugglingteens.com/news/cascadeclosure.html

CASCADE SCHOOL
January 12, 2004

It is with the deepest regret that we must inform you the Cascade School will be closing on January 20, 2004.

Over the past year, the school responded to decreased enrollment by cutting costs and restructuring its business, and the outlook by December was promising.

Unfortunately, the enrollment dropped precipitously, with the unanticipated withdrawal of students during the holiday break and the first week of January. As a result, the school is no longer able to meet its financial obligations, and our remaining students will need to transfer to other settings on or before January 20.

We are deeply distressed that this action had been necessary. We have enjoyed working with you over the past twenty years. We are proud of the hundreds of children who benefited from their enrollment at Cascade, and we thank you for your role in making possible those successes.

Sincerely,

Michael Allgood, Headmaster
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 05:08:00 PM »
Where is eric meltzer craig cass dennis kroll?
any alumni ?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 06:51:00 AM »
thats a load of bullshit it closed down cuz you owners didnt do shit, the program was outdated and the owners lacked the care to run it.

there was a huge rebellion, massive refusal, 29/35 students refusing

thats a pile of bullshit you fag (seriously he is gay)
stop trying to cover up / making ur self look good

just like when you told my parents that the program would help me when it didnt you try to make ur selves look good

programs are such a stupid idea...

1)the promise they are going to help
they never do, they just try to get kids currupt, so the kids can look good and get a better chance to go come, the kids that "do good" actually are the most currupt piles of shit ever

2) every kid that doesnt become currupt they send off to wilderness/kick out/send to lockdown

you're a pile of lies

and i heard you stepped on a kids toes  and yelled at his face when he asked for his movie back

you put me through hell you fag

die please

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 05:40:00 PM »
Did Cascade truly close due to low enrollment?  If the refusal portion is true,  perhaps progression is needed.

Some people came away with some good things from Cascade, others didn't.  Cascade was hard and some parts were overboard, however I came out pretty well as did my friends from there. Some of those friends disliked Cascade more than you, bitter former Cascadian, but they have moved on, and made something of themselves.  

What I am wondering is what will happen to the school?  Is there potiential to turn it into a regular college-prep school (THAT WOULD BE FANTASTIC)?  A school can help young teenagers, without therapy as its foundation.

It seems that the owners have forgotten us alumni the people who survived the worst and embraced the best of the program.  Is there anything we can do?  Would it be possible to change the school web-site into an offical communication source, perhaps develop an alumni association?

Best wishes to everyone,
SRB - Class 98'

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2004, 07:31:00 PM »
On 2004-01-13 13:25:00, Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately, the enrollment dropped precipitously, with the unanticipated withdrawal of students during the holiday break and the first week of January. As a result, the school is no longer able to meet its financial obligations, and our remaining students will need to transfer to other settings on or before January 20.

First off, during every break at least a few kids get pulled. Secondly, only four(4)kids got pulled during the break. Most importantly, People left the first week of January because you kicked them all out, it's ironic that you promise to help every kid that comes, and when you just cant get the kids to agree with the program you send them away to lockdown or wilderness. A lot of parents also saw that the school was coming to the end and managed to pull thier kids out before you closed. You blame your problems on under enrollment, which you have no one else to blame but your self.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 12:54:00 AM »
Some people came away with some good things from Cascade, others didn't.  Cascade was hard and some parts were overboard, however I came out pretty well as did my friends from there. Some of those friends disliked Cascade more than you, bitter former Cascadian, but they have moved on, and made something of themselves.  

The Cascade that you went to had changed immensely from its early years. Many of us bore the blood, sweat and tears to get it to where it was comfortable for you.
There are a lot of people who aren't as strong as you. Their experiences at Cascade took away parts of them that they cannot retrieve. Some have never recovered and some have died.
Be content with your own fortune, not at anothers expense.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2004, 01:19:00 AM »
Is this the same school that Paris Hilton went to?

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2004, 09:20:00 AM »
She went to CEDU.  :eek:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2004, 04:00:00 PM »
L Poston '89, alumni site moderator
phoenixxgraphics at hotmail dot com

Please do not send flame mail - only site inquiries.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2004, 06:18:00 AM »
If anyone wants to know why Cascade suddenly closed after many years in business I'd be happy to "fill in the blanks".  Believe me it was not due to "lack of enrollment", although, that is the current party line.  

Like all entities of this type it had it's good points, and bad points.  I do believe that it could have been a very good place, and was in the past, but something went terribly wrong and the adminstration bailed.  

Enrollemnt was not decreased due to parent dissatisfaction, but rather the school was forcing the students out so as to have an excuse for when they closed the school.  It's a rather long, and convoluted, story so if anyone really wants the 'TRUTH (what a novel idea) just respond and I'll give you the whole mess.  

In closing the school, the move by this administration really hurt alot of  the children that were doing quite well there, per usual, the lives of the children are never, ever considered when making a corporate decision.  Many children that were really doing well were thrust back into environments where they didn't have the necessary coping mechanisms to thrive given all the changes.  

Again, if anyone would like to hear the "true" story just let me know.  Unfortunately the truth is  oftentimes not very pretty when dealing with these types of schools, and situations.  The sad thing is is that this school could have been a safe, reputable, academically challenging and wonderful place for children not thriving in a main stream setting.  it seems to me that only the "good" schools go under, and the really bad one's thrive - what's that about?

Sorry for the ramble, but I'm also looking for kids that had been at Cascade in the last year, or so.  Like all other's just send a note to me here.  
Thanks, M

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2004, 11:48:00 PM »
I've just read your message about Cascade, and I would really like to know  the "truth" about the school's closing.  My son was there, and was asked to "leave" in August as were many  other kids.  From the postings that I read it appears that the administration did, in fact, kick out the kids, and that enrollment didn't drop.  So what's the true story?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2004, 02:35:00 PM »
I would like to hear what you have to say.. i attended cascade and i am now writing a research paper on the school ...a.s.a.p thanks

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2004, 02:37:00 PM »
i just left a message forgot to add in my email address it is
[email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2004, 03:02:00 PM »
I would be very interested in knowing the truth.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2004, 01:59:00 PM »
I'm very curious about the details of this closing. I have been on that campus and knew some of the staff (lived with one for years) 10 years ago. Please email details to:

[email protected]