Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Teen Challenge

I personally escaped this Cult

<< < (4/24) > >>

DannyB II:

--- Quote from: "none-ya" ---
--- Quote ---TC-Saved-Me wrote;
I believe that a person can put their faith in Allah or Buddah, and use that faith as a means to get sober.
--- End quote ---

Buddhists do not pray to Buddha. In fact they do not pray to any god.
And yes to your latter question, just about everything you've written rubs me the wrong way. Organized religion is responsible for most of the worlds woes.Just because your blind faith got you sober, that's no excuse to ignore 5000yrs. of human history. I guess even the scientologists have cleaned up some people.(does that make them benevolent?) Trading drugs for religion is simply swaping addictions.
--- End quote ---

I can dig it...Ditto!!!

none-ya:
[attachment=0:2b8utyhk]SIN.jpg[/attachment:2b8utyhk]

none-ya:

--- Quote ---TC_Saved_Me wrote;
 Before I knew it, God had healed my body and my mind.
--- End quote ---

That's known as detoxification. Available to Jews,Gentiles,and atheists alike.Tell me, if you cut yourself and grow a scab,was it God's doing? You got yourself clean,and from what I read,that's a good thing. But in the end,you are the one who made the nessasary changes in you life.Not an old white haired man who lives in the clouds, and hurls lightning bolts at the peasants.

TC_Saved_Me:

--- Quote from: "none-ya" ---
--- Quote ---TC-Saved-Me wrote;
I believe that a person can put their faith in Allah or Buddah, and use that faith as a means to get sober.
--- End quote ---

Buddhists do not pray to Buddha. In fact they do not pray to any god.
And yes to your latter question, just about everything you've written rubs me the wrong way. Organized religion is responsible for most of the worlds woes.Just because your blind faith got you sober, that's no excuse to ignore 5000yrs. of human history. I guess even the scientologists have cleaned up some people.(does that make them benevolent?) Trading drugs for religion is simply swaping addictions.
--- End quote ---

You're still putting words in my mouth about Buddhists.  I never said they pray to Buddha.  I said they put their faith in Buddha - big difference.  Believing in someone, and praying to someone are two totally different things.

Even if it's true what you say that I traded one addiction for another, which it's not - but if it is - what's the problem with that?  I traded an addiction that had me lying to my family, robbing and stealing, wrecking cars, and losing job after job, for another "addiction" (as you are free to call it if you choose) that has me working hard for my money (in an honest way), serving the people around me, and urging young people not to get involved with drugs and make bad choices like I did.  

One addiction would have gotten me locked up or overdosed, the other - if I end up completely radicalized by my faith, at worst, gets me handing out gospel tracks at the local shopping mall.
Regardless of what you think about organized religion, is there anyone in here who can honestly say that I was better off before I became a Christian - that is if you believe that what I say is true about my personal experiences in life..??

TC_Saved_Me:

--- Quote from: "none-ya" ---[attachment=0:ros4c5ka]SIN.jpg[/attachment:ros4c5ka]
--- End quote ---

Hahaha!  Not quite that extreme, but there is definitely alot of discipline in the more successful programs!

From a Christian standpoint, I'd put Jesus against that tree taking that beating.  That's what we believe.  We committed all the offense, but He took our punishment for us.

That's why we don't have to take the beating - because He took it for us!  And I am grateful to Him, that despite the fact that I still have hate and pride in my life, the beating that He took for me is still good enough that I might be forgiven.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version